Other Lawn Mowers:

Craftsman 21 in. Deck Rear Bag Front Propelled Lawn Mower with High Wheels

Pros

Cons

• Engine Power:

Craftsman with Honda engine two winners for price of one

My Craftsman DLM 21 inch with Honda engine is one of the best power mowers I've ever woned.  It has rear wheel drive and rear baggs with mulcher ability.  The height adjustment is easy with one lever control.  The suction from the blade picks the clippings left on the driveway clean and baggs it.  If there is anything slightly amiss it's the way the bag empties.  There's no zipper, you just dump it out the intake front and it gets jammed easily and you have to pull the grass out with your hand.   The mower is very easy to start without having to prime it.  The pull strength is fairly low and my wite has no trouble pulling it.  The Honda engine runs on straight gas, no mixing, and the oil case is easy to check and fill, not that I've ever had to add oil.  I like the idea of a honda engine because it gives me the choice to take it to the Honda small engine service center besides other centers.  The clipping height is even and true.  There is plenty of power in thick grass and to pick up leaves in the fall.  I bought a Toro at the same time and ended up giving it to my son because it just isn't the mower the Craftsman is!

Could Be Better

If you are a person who loves mowing the lawn, then this mower is for you. Even though it is self proppelled, at only 21 inches unless there is not really a lwn to mow, it takes forever.

For the average lawn, this mower does nothing for the time that it takes to mow the lawn. The only thing it does it make it to where walking is all it takes to mow the lawn.

Handling
Being self propelled, this mower handles very well. This makes it to where all the user has to do is walk behind it, and the mower will do all of the rest of the work.

If you do not pick up the things in your lawn, then the blade will go dull almost immediately. This means that the only thing it can cut through is grass.

Safety
The blade gaurd does help to make sure that most of the things that you could run over get put into the ground, but most of the time what you hit is shot out from the side of the mower.

This mower is very easy to use even though it takes forever. This is made possible from the self propelled nature of te mower.

Engine Power
The engine power is alright for the size of motor it has. However it could be better since the motor does nothing for the actual cutting power of the mower.

Power horse

from Outside US

About Me Novice

Pros

• Adjustable Cut-Lengths
  • Easy to Push & Steer
  • Ergonomic Grips

Cons

• Heavy
  • Noisy

• Landscaping
  • Large Lawns
  • Small Lawns

Comments about Craftsman 21 in. Deck Rear Bag Front Propelled Lawn Mower with High Wheels:

What attracted me to this mower at first is the ease of at which it moves, it only requires a little pushing and it glides along. It does not consume much fuel and it cuts the grass evenly. It is powerful and has a very sharp blade.

I am a teacher, we use this mower in my school to clear the field for sports and it does a really good job of it. There is a receiver at the rear end that stores the grass as it is cut, so you do not have to do the extra job of clearing the grass after cutting it. However, there are slight leakages at the sides and the grasses drop forming a thin trail as you go along, but that is no problem, they wither within 24 hours anyway.

When the receiver is full, it can be removed, emptied and attached back. The mower makes a lot of noise and vibrates, so your hand vibrates along with it as you work. It is large-sized and not exactly portable, it is heavy but the high tyres make it very mobile.

It doesn't take long to learn how to use it and it is safe to use, there is little risk of the blade coming off and hurting someone.

Craftsman 21in. Lawn Mower is perfect for a rookie!

Craftsman 21in. Lawn Mower is perfect for a rookie! I know this for a fact because I am a complete rookie and I have no trouble cutting my lawn with this lawn mower. It is very easy to use and does a great job. My yard looks great!

I researched lawn mowers and decided what features I wanted. When I went to purchase the mower, the salesman was very helpful. I think I made a great choice!

The self-propelled feature is fantastic. My yard has some rolling hills. The mower pretty much runs by itself and I just have to walk behind it and steer it in the right direction. It is easy to start, easy to run and very easy to empty. I really didn't think mowing the lawn would be this easy! The motor is very powerful. It's hard to gauge just how much power you really need. But I think this one is just about right. The adjustments are easy to make. And it is not too loud.

I really (almost) like mowing the lawn with this mower. It really make a chore pleasurable. My rating is a 10!

• Engine Power:

Makes mowing the lawn quick, easy & impressively cut

I am SO happy my father talked me in to buying this Craftsman mower last year. I have a 1/4 acre of lawn, I'm a petite woman and I am not well experienced at caring for a lawn on my own. This mower starts easily, moves so smoothly and without much "pushing" required, and it cuts beautifully. It makes it so quick and easy for me tackle the mowing!

I upgraded to this mower last year, from a very old non self-propelling mower. It's like night and day for me - this Craftsman does an amazing job on the lawn and I am no expert at mowing.

Handling
This Craftsman handles quite well with my clumsy maneuvers and 1/4 acre of lawn.

It's Craftsman brand, and really stays true to the name - reliable and durable. This mower is made quite well and I haven't had a single issue with it in the year I've owned.

Safety
The design of the mower safely guards to engine and blades from any potential collision with the operator's body.

Because this mower is self-propelled, and add in the fact that it has high wheels, it is really quite easy to operate. It is heavy on it's own (about 100 lbs) if you have to lift it, but for tackling what it's intended for (mowing the lawn) it truly is easy to start, push and turn. The rear bag is easily attaches and removes from the mower for dumping the grass.

Engine Power
This mower has a Honda engine that feels powerful and runs smoothly. I especially like that it doesn't require priming.

It's easy & I love it

I love the bag it's easy to put on & them there's no rakeing needed. The self propelling front wheels makes it as easy as useing a vacuum. I am a woman it's very easy for me to use. Dose not take a lot of strength to start or push. I have an uneven lawn & have no problem pushing it up hill.

Cuts well picks up well doesn't clog easily. I have no problem with the up keep as I check oil every year before I start operating it every season. I have had it for 5 years I only had to have the blade sharpened once. That because I let someone else use it one season & he ran over everything in sight

Handling
As easy as pie to start up & with the self propel wheels it's easy to push. Sometimes it pulls me! Lol the bag is easy to put on & take off to empty. I am 5'8" & 120 lbs and I have no problem operating it. I also have a 12 year old skinny kid who helps me & he starts it right up every time with no problem. Pushing it is a breeze

I have had it for a few years & it runs like the first time I used it. I do check the oil, spark plugs & blade every year. I have only had the blade sharpened once & that's because I let someone use it & he even mowed up trash in it

Safety
I feel very safe operating this there's a grade on it & with the bag it will catch a stone or twig if picked up. It's one of the safest lawn mowers I ever had

Very easy to start & put the bag on. Checking oil & pouring gas into is is simple the openings are a good size & placed well so there's no spilling

Engine Power
Works well for me I have a uneven lawn & the engine power is great when going up hill I don't have to push hard for it to go up.

• Engine Power:

It's a craftsmen enough said

My dad had this mower and when I moved out and had to buy my own this is what I bought. Very strong and powerful and easy to use.

It cuts everything sharp and does really well on hills

Handling
It is heavy which makes it hard for a weak person to use

My yard has lots of rock which I have hit and it hasn't hurt it one bit. The blade has held up really well too.

Safety
Easy to operate and has the kill release handle so when u let go it stops

My wife struggles with it because of the heaviness. For me it's Been no problem.

Engine Power
Very strong and powerful Briggs and Stratton motor that cuts through really thick grass

Could Be Better

self propelled

from Lily, KY

I love my craftsman self propelled lawnmower It practically mows the lawn all by itself It is easy to use the bag catches all of the grass so that no raking is needed and it cuts really crisp and evenly! It is relatively inexpensive considering they laast forever. I would recommend this mower to everyone.

THE CRAFTSMAN IS GREAT!

from Pine Bluff, AR

MY FATHER-IN LAW BOUGHT US THIS CRAFTMAN MOWER SEVERAL YEARS AGO,AND IT HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST MOWERS WE HAVE HAD. IT MOWS IN PLACES THAT ARE HARD TO GET TO WITH OTHER YARD EQUIPMENT. IT IS EASY TO PULL START AND RUNS QUIET.THE BAG ON BACK CAN BE PULLED OFF TO JUST MULCH YOUR YARD,AND WE REALLY LIKE THAT! IT REALLY DOES SUCH A GREAT JOB THAT I WOULD NOT WANT ANY OTHER MOWER BUT ANOTHER CRAFTMAN LIKE THIS ONE. WOULD ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE. THE COST IS'NT BAD EITHER,IT PAYS FOR ITSELF IN THE LONG RUN.

My Craftsman 21 in. Deck Rear Bag Front Propelled Lawn Mower is

from New Castle, DE

***...My 21 in. deck front propelled rear bag Craftsman mower is the best mower I've ever owned!  ...Actually, ..it's a mower my anDad gave me when he bought a new Craftsman.***

***....I don't know how long he had it, but I'm 63 years old and I don't recall him purchassing***

***this one in the past 10 years. I really put this mower to the test each week and it handles the job easily!  ***

hard work has never been easier.

from Boiling Springs, SC

the craftsman 6.5 hp rear wheel drive lawn mower is amazing. the experience of cutting grass with this lawn mower leaves you asking "yourself when should i cut the grass again?" it cuts the time of cutting grass in half. i feel like i have been lightly excercising instead of doing yard work. the ease of pushing the craftsman 6.5hp rear wheel drive lawn mower is oneof the most exciting things about owning one. it feelslike you are cheating hard work when using this lawn mower. the engine is very powerful and has easy upkeep. the cost of gasoline used to mow your lawn is cut in half also.the ease of emptying the mower bag is terrific. owning a craftsman 6.5 hp lawn mower says you're not only smart but unique. just say you heard from a loyal craftsman customer.