Other Lawn Mowers:
Honda
Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower

Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower

Honda Self Propelled Bagger/Mulcher,Mows like no other can

I am very surprised at how these honda mowers outlast other mowers. They are well worth the money spent on them. My honda mower is very easy to start every year and every time. One pull is all it takes to fire it right up. Every year after storage even all it takes is one pull of the rope to fire the mower up. It is a very easy mower to use. A woman can very easily use this mower also which is a plus for a lot of women. The self propell makes it very easy to mow any yard with ease. The speed is set just right from the factory so you can mow your yard just right and not be out there running behind your mower trying to keep up with it. The bagger holds a lot of clippings which makes it nice because you don't have to keep stopping your mowing just to empty the bagger all the time. The factory definitely takes pride in what they build because they build a real good and stable product that lasts for years and years.Honda Mowers has got them another fine customer here because if and when mine decides to kick the bucket, I will definitely buy another Honda Mower to replace it!

Try before you buy

This lawn mower is heavy (nearly 85 pounds) and pulling it backwards to turn it around at the end of the row or after mowing down a slope requires some effort. The engine is powerful and the blades cut the clippings into fine pieces, but the mower will leave a line of uncut grass just inside the right wheels. As a consequence, one needs to overlap the lines, with the result that the mower's effective cutting width is closer to 15 inches than to 21 inches. If the cutting height is set high (above the 4th notch) the problem with uncut grass may be exacerbated. This might indicate a vacuum problem associated with the deck design. It is hard to maintain a constant speed using the smart drive system. I control the speed with my palms rather than my thumbs.

Velvety smooth cut, but one must overlap the lines to avoid uncut sections of grass

Handling
The mower is very heavy. I wouldn't recommend this for seniors or those with arthritis.

Great!!

from Kansas City, MO

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

• Adjustable Cut-Lengths
  • Easy to Push & Steer
  • Ergonomic Grips

Cons

• Heavy

• Large Lawns
  • Mulching
  • Small Lawns

Comments about Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower:

My father has owned a lawn business for many years and the only push mowers he will buy are honda and I see why. This mower is not only easy to use but also starts the first time every time. It is a heavy mower but to me that shows a measure of quality.

best lawn mower

from McKinney, TX 75069

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

• Ergonomic Grips

Cons

• Cuts Unevenly
  • Heavy
  • Jerky Transitions
  • Noisy
  • Requires Constant Maintenance

• Landscaping
  • Small Lawns

nice looking

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Amazing for a push mower

from Statesboro, GA

Comments about Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower:

I swore after switching to a riding lawn mower I would never go back to a push mower, but if I had to this one would be it! Initial set up was super easy! Not only is it really easy to walk behind me to cut all the grass of super small so you can really see the clippings in the yard.The Honda name really stands up in this lawnmower. It is very balanced and doesn't seem to shake while you're holding onto it cutting the grass.

Even when the machine is cold it seems to start on the first pull. It cuts the grass like I have a Gillette razor my hand just slicing through the blades.

Handling
This machine handles like a dream. I know it's called a Pushmore but it really should be a fall behind a lawnmower machine.

Safety
This machine seems to be super safe. It doesn't shoot grass and pinecones everywhere which is a worry of mine because I do have two small young children.

As a woman I hate cutting the grass but this machine is awesome!

Engine Power
What can I say the Honda name does it again on this lawnmower! To sell speed control is in a league of its own!

Great Female Friendly Lawn Mower

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower:

The Honda mower is one of the most durable mowers on the market today! I have used many mowers but I always go back to my Honda. The durability of the engine, and the strong body, prove this mower is built to last. The self propelled walk behind makes it very easy and light to handle. The bag is very simple to attach and just as easy to handle when full. The height and maneuverability makes it easy for a female or young adult to handle. The safety features that Honda built in makes me feel very comfortable while handling. The mower is easy to get through small places and cuts around edges like a pro. The mower does a great job on hills and banks as well as flat surfaces. I like the smooth, clean look the mower leaves when finished. Overall, I feel this is the best machine your money can buy. I highly recommend this mower and I can assure you that you won't be disappointed!

• Engine Power:

Great mower for a small to medium yard

Comments about Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower:

This is my second honda mower (replaced one that was 8 years old). This mower is easy to use for bagging or mulching; starts SUPER easy usually with one pull; and stores nicely in our garage. The self-propel option offers lots of different speed options for people with different walking gaits.

Great power and ease of starting. Would be great if the mower was a few inches wider to cover more space with each pass.

Handling
Handles well going around beds and circling around trees. The self-propel motor is easy to engage making stopping/starting easy.

Have only had this mower for 2 years and have had no issues. Based on my other Honda mower I expect no maintenance issues. I like that it takes regular gas (easier to have that on hand). After the winter it started quickly with no issues.

Safety
This mower's safety features seem on par with other mowers - nothing over the top. There is a safety bar that disengages the motor when released.

• Engine Power:

Honda Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower gets the job done!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower:

The Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower propels like no other. It is definitely self propelled. It can about pull you around the yard with it. I just wanted a mower that wasn't a hassle to push around. I have an uneven yard and small hill and wanted a little help. This mower offers me more than just a little help. It gets the job done. It starts up with just one pull. I've never had an issue with start up at all. The bagger makes it nice because it holds quite a bit of clippings. So there isn't a lot of stopping and starting to empty the bag. For my yard I can usually do the whole lawn without having to empty the bag.

The performance of this mower can't be beat! It cuts grass perfectly every time.

Handling
Handles with so much ease it practically mows your lawn for you.

I've had mine for awhile now and it is more durable than any other mower I've owned.

Safety
Safe enough for adults. Although I wouldn't be crazy about kids being near it.

Very easy to use. I can't see anyone having problems with that aspect.

Engine Power
This engine packs some power! It will get the job done!

Worth the Money!

Comments about Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower:

After purchasing our first house we needed to purchase a lawn mower and initially didn't want to spend the money on a Honda mower. After having one that bit the dust in a short amount of time we decided that we would fork over the extra money and go for it, a decision we haven't regretted. The first time we used this mower I was amazed at its performance. The engine is very powerful and though I didn't think we needed such a powerful engine for a small city backyard I realized how nice it really is. The blades always cut the grass evenly and I don't have to go over sections of my grass several times to get it right. This one thing alone saves us so much time especially in the hot summer months when it would be easy to get a heat stroke being outside for so long! We don't normally use the bag since we prefer to have the cut grass act as a fertilizer but when we have used it, it has been very user friendly and easy to maneuver.

Grazing Through the Grass

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower:

This Honda mower is one of the best that Honda has put out. It's able to get the job done at a quick pace and has given me little to no problems. I definitely recommend this to those who want a problem free mower.

This mower worked excellently. I never had any major problems that hindered my mowing. I think that one of its best features is the strong motor it has. It lets the mower perform at a fast and efficient way.

Handling
This mower is quite easily one of the easiest mowers to handle. It moves around corners so easily and doesn't require much effort at all. Even my partner, who is a bit on the weak side, was able to propel this mower quite easily through the yard.

This mower can take anything, at least things within reason. It's taken rocks and tumbles, but even then it works as great as when I took it out of the box.

Safety
I would day that this is a very safe mower. It takes most if not all safety precautions when designing this.

While it us an easy mower for most to use it can sometimes be difficult. My partner had a bit trouble starting it up. I would say that this is great for anyone who has used a mower before but those with very little knowledge might find it a bit difficult.

Engine Power
As mentioned before, this mower has a strong engine. It's just extremely strong for a mower and I feel it's great. Usually engines aren't as strong but this engine really gets the job done, no matter what kind of lawn you have.

• Engine Power:

Worth it if you can Afford it!

Comments about Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower:

The Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower delivers on what it promises. My parents had the same old school style lawnmower for as long as I can remember. They have recently upgraded to this Honda model. They really wanted a self-propelled lawn mower, and this would be our family's first self-propelled one. As I have the privilege to frequently do household chores for my parents, lawn care included, I have had many opportunities to try this thing. And, I gotta say, this thing will really pulls you around the yard! No pushing, no straining, you just point this baby and he goes! It really makes mowing the lawn far less of a daunting chore, and turns it into something you might actually get done.

The only reason I'm giving this a 9 out of 10 is purely on the basis of price. This is a pricey model, and not everyone is going to be able to afford it or like the price tag.

Best Lawn Mower I have ever owned

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Honda HRR216VKA 21 in. Self Propelled Walk Behind Lawn Mower:

I love doing yard work, but have to admit that mowing the lawn was never something that I looked forward too. We live in Florida and in the summer we are mowing the lawn twice a week. I went back and forth about buying this Honda lawnmower because of the price, it is pricey, but it is worth every penny spent. This lawnmower is amazing and makes mowing the lawn enjoyable now. It is so easy to use. It is so easy to start and starts right up every time. It is quiet and literally moves by itself. I hardly have to push at all. The bag is easy to remove and empty as well. It has cut my lawn mowing time in half. This lawn mower is the best one that I have ever owned. I have owned this mower for three years and it has never given me one issue. I use non ethanol gasoline in tank and I have never had to have any maintenance done at all.

Handling
This Honda mower is so easy to handle, it moves very smoothly and requires very minimal pushing. It makes mowing the lawn so much easier and my lawn always looks great.

Very easy to use, and easy to start.