2.5

2.5

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

I hate ironing. Now that I have a TOBI Steamer, I don't have to!

After watching a convincing TOBI Steamer commercial on television, my fiance and I registered for the TOBI Steamer in our wedding registry.  It has proven to be one of our wisest selections!  I used it for the first time on our wedding day when we needed to steam bridesmaids' dresses quickly, and the TOBI Steamer worked beautifully.

Now, nine months later, my husband and I continue to use the TOBI Steamer all the time.  I love the portability of the TOBI Steamer.  It works quickly to remove even the worst wrinkles in slacks, dresses, and shirts.  In my hurried mornings before work, the TOBI Steamer works faster and is less hassle than ironing.

If I could modify the TOBI Steamer, I would change only two things: 1) I would make it a little easier to store when not in use, and 2) I would make the garment pole extend a little taller to accommodate longer dresses.  The portability of the steamer is great, but the storage is awkward-- though not impossible-- in our little apartment.  Overall, though, I recommend the TOBI Steamer without hesitation.

Too hot to handle!!!

The Tobi Steamer seems like a great product, as do most, when demonstrated on televsion.  However, customer service is poorly trained, argumentative and unresponsive to questions, concerns, emails and phone...Read complete review

The Tobi Steamer seems like a great product, as do most, when demonstrated on televsion.  However, customer service is poorly trained, argumentative and unresponsive to questions, concerns, emails and phone calls.

The handle gets incredibly hot and forces me to stop my steaming because it burns my hands.  Sleeve creases are easy enough to do but steaming the bottom edge of  a garment is nearly impossible without burning your hands.

I did not receive the complete order and have emailed the company, once again, to no response.  I dread having to make another phone call.  Definitely would not recommend this particular steamer to a friend or family member.

Quick and safe for clothes!

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

I think incredibly highly of this steamer because it is the one I used on my wedding day. I had ordered all my bridesmaid's dresses for my girls. They came in early and obviously needed some steaming the day of our wedding. We purchased this steamer to use and it did a phenomenal job. While it was expensive, it has been worth it in the long run to own it. That way we do not have to take our clothes and pay the dry cleaner every time we need something steamed. It has also come in handy at multiple other weddings on dresses. As many bridesmaid's dresses as I have steamed with this, it has never damaged one. It has also quickly gotten any wrinkles out of them. I would highly recommend this if you are looking to purchase a steamer for clothes. I have loved mine and it has been worth what I paid for it.

I have steamed so many dresses with this and it has never damaged one. It also gets wrinkles out really quickly.

Safety
I have never burned myself while using this. If you follow the directions, you will not have any problems.

I am going on almost three years with mine and it is still working great.

• Safety:

Does exactly what it is meant to.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

I got this Tobi Steamer years ago when I first started my current job and had to wear nicer dress shirts all of the time. This steamer is a basic model that does exactly what it is supposed to do, use the steam in it to take the wrinkles out of your shirts, suits, and any other thing that you might need to have wrinkle free. I have used mine many times on my clothes and even my childrens clothes. It is relatively easy to use, you put water in it, I recommend only using distilled water that you buy at the store, it just seems to work better on clothes and even the book states to use it. It heats up relatively fast and when you hang up your clothes and start using it you can almost instantly see the wrinkles start to pull out of the clothes. You do not need to use a lot or soak your clothes, it works very well with just a little bit. This model does not have all the bells and whistles and special options but it is a great steamer that will make your clothes look very nice without having to pull out an iron.

• Safety:

This product is the solution to wearing wrinkle free cloths

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

This Tobi Steamer is such a wonderful innovation that has come to stay. As much as I like to be dressy and looking neat all the time, I use to find it difficult to set up the ironing table to iron dresses. I once went to visit an aunt in Maryland and saw her son using this steamer to iron my aunt's uniform before going to work. It was very amazing to see how quick and efficient it worked. I showed it to my husband who also approved of it. When we came back home, after about five months we bought this Tobi Steamer. This steamer turn to be a very important buy in my house because it is quick and save time daily before going to work. All I need to do is to plug the steamer, making sure that there is enough water into it, then use the brush cord to run it around my outfit. It takes very little or no time for the dress to be ready. Amazingly, I do not have to complain about back pain using the ironing board anymore.

Not worth the money

from Orange, NJ

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

I am not a big fan of this particular model- as I have heard the newer models perform much better. This steamer is more hassle than it is worth. Although, at a basic level it does what it is intended to do (leave your clothes wrinkle free), it takes much more effort than other models do. I've found that there can be a lot of dirt build up if you don't regularly clean it. Cleaning is pretty easy, but I find that I am cleaning it more often than I should be. This steamer is pretty powerful however not compared to other brand steamers that I have used in the past. With this steamer I find that I have to go over the same wrinkled spot more often that once. With other models I never have that issue. Overall, it is pretty easy to set up but if you are looking for a great performing steamer and are willing to spend a few extra bucks I wouldn't advise spending it on this model.

• Safety:

Do not buy. Not worth the money.

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

Had trouble from this from the start. Cleaned monthly as per the instructions. Dripped water all the time. It shit the bed in less that a year. We took it apart and the whole underneath was caked with crud and corroted. Would not recommend it at all.

Drips water all the time. Cord twists too much.

The height of the pole should be higher.

Didn't last. Died within a year.

This is great!!!

from Poland, ME

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

This proudect is great , I've never seen a better way to do loads of ironing, fast, compact, and also cleans beds, kills 90% of dust mites,cleans pillows, and drapes ,curtains,also made for cleaning furnerture, and adds freshness as it cleans, needs no ,chemicials, to clean .just water,so it very safe for our planet.

HORRIBLE!

from Santa Fe, NM

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

This steamer doesn't work even CLOSE to what they show on their infomercial. Why I even thought it would is beyond me!I tried this on four or five different items and found that you had to go over and over the area many times to get even PART of the wrinkles out! I even tried it on a silk scarf and it did not work. VERY BAD! My advice is to spend a little bit more and buy a regular PROFESSIONAL/INDUSTRIAL garment steamer! The difference is like night and day!

does not work as stated in infomercial gets hot to the hands

from Memphis, TN

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

I am debating sending this product back.  It does get out wrinkles but it gets so hot to your hands you have to wrap a shirt or towel around it in order to handle it.  If they are going to just send me another one that gets this hot it would not be worth getting it again.  I will just wrap a shirt around it to use it.

I hate ironing. Now that I have a TOBI Steamer, I don't have to!

from Waco, TX

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

TOBI works great....but has issues.

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about TOBI Steamer:

First off, let me say, this steamer does work, and work well.   It gets the wrinkles out of all types of fabrics, and works great for embellishments like sequins and embroidery.  HOWEVER, it still has quite a few kinks to get worked out before it can be considered a household staple.   No matter how well you follow the directions, you will get burned.  The steam finds every conceivable path to get to your hands (up, down, around).   I've taken to wearing my 'Ove' Gloves while steaming to avoid this.   It is also difficult to steam various part of garments (bottoms, sleeves, sides, etc)  The fabric needs to be taut while steaming -- this isn't possibly unless you have three hands.   The overall craftsmanship is also a bit on the poor side.    The stand is very flimsy, and the entire machine is very top-heavy.  The hanger pole is supposed to be in the full, extended position while steaming.  I would recommend finding a taller, more secure spot to hang your clothing --then use the shoulder strap/put the TOBI up on something to get a better reach.   (an extension cord is probably a good idea too.)   You can shorten the pole for storage - but it still is awkward to move and store.  Also, once the hose is cooled off, it becomes very stiff and difficult to bend -- so be sure you get it in the position you want it to be before storing.   The water storage container is very small, and needs frequent refills.

I can't deny that this TOBI does an impressive job with wrinkle-removal - but it is hard to overlook the (MANY) flaws.  Beware the steam!