Other Irons:

Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

love my sunbeam steam master!

I am absolutely in love with my new iron i can say i don't see another day without it !! I iron every morning so it is so important for me to have an iron i can depend on and this one is amazing!! It heats very quick and every wrinkle is out after just one stroke with the iron. I wish i would've had this iron years ago it would have been so handy when i made my own clothes and blankets. Have i mentioned the amoun t of steam this iron can produce it's unbelievable!! I really don't think you can go wrong with this iron!! I would recommend this to all mothers out there that want their kids going to school in their nice pressed uniform . I bet they will look better than all the other kids! I have been asked what i do to get out all od the wrinkle from my kids clothes and every time i am i tell them That the Sunbeam Steam Master 4234 Iron with SecureCord Retraction is a life saver and time saver!

No more Sunbeam Steam Master Irons for me!

I brought a Sunbeam Steam Master iron a few years ago. When I first started using it, I loved using it. I like using irons that make a lot of steam and my Sunbeam Steam Master iron did just that. But, after using it a few times I noticed it didn't make as much steam as it did in the beginning. Then the cord wouldn't rewind like it was suppose to. We would have to push it back in the iron and evenually that didn't work either. I followed the directions that showed how I was suppose to clean the bottom of the iron and where the steam came out. I thought maybe this would help. But cleaning  the Sunbeam Steam Master iron didn't help the steam come out like it did in the beginning either. Now, not only did it not make enough steam but now too much water would spill out on my clothes while I was ironing. So, to make a long story short, I had to end up buying another iron. This time I brought a GE iron and it works great!

Great purchase

from San Diego ca

About Me Casual Cleaner

Pros

• Effective
  • Irons Smooth
  • Time-saver

Cons

• At Home
    • Dorm Room

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

I recently upgraded to a new Sunbeam Steam Master Iron on a whim. I've always had problems with steam irons leaking water all over my clothes and creating a mess ironing was such a chore because of this problem. Since using this new iron for a few months ironing my clothes wasn't a hassle anymore. The results of using this iron left my clothes crease free all day long. Even the deepest of wrinkles were easy to work out of old pairs of jeans. It is so easy to use all you have to do is make sure to fill the water tank up and turn the iron on to the desired setting. The buttons on the iron are easy to maneuver. Even though the iron itself is very big it is also light weight so if your an older person or someone with arthritis I highly recommend you try this out. The retractable cord is my favorite feature because it makes it easier storing the iron in my cabinet without making a mess.

I've had this for a year and it works just fine on denim.

from West Virginia

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

I bought this particular iron because I needed something for my jeans. I wear a lot of denim, even in the workplace and I needed a simple iron that would help keep my pants from looking so much like I just grabbed a pair that had been wadded up in the drawer for a month. This little iron does a great job. It has a steam feature so I can put out extra heat and steam onto the jeans and then the heat of the iron is typically strong enough to get out any wrinkles and any excess water left in the fabric. I do recommend ironing the day before though just in case because occasionally the clothes are left slightly damp. It's always best to iron several hours or a day before so that the clothes have time to settle and dry.

I like this particular iron because of the steaming features and the amount of heat. It's perfect for heavy fabrics but it also can handle the delicate ones.

Safety
    It is hot and easy to get burned if you aren't careful with your iron but the reason I would give this a nine is because of the cord. I've tripped, been tangled, and had the cats chew on many iron cords but this one has a retraction feature so I can have out just enough cord at any given time.

This is quite easy to clean. It heats up so it keeps its internal parts cleaned in that manner, but the external part is very easy to clean when cool or hot.

If you've ever used an iron, this one is just as easy as any others. It has several settings but everything is labeled and push button.

I haven't had any issues.

I especially enjoy the retractable cord feature of this iron.

Sunbeam Steam Master: Easy Iron

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

I bought this iron because it said lightweight on the packaging. If this one ever breaks I will buy another one but not only for that reason. I also love it because it has a huge ironing surface which speeds up ironing. The retractable cord is great too when you store it, no dangling all over the place. It has multiple settings for all kinds of fabric and if you use the steam feature, it has a large water capacity which is easily viewable. It also switches off when not in use. My ironing is much easier and safer using this iron. It was not expensive either.

Works great.

Lightweight and has many features.

• Safety:

A cheap but efficient iron

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

We have had this same iron for more than seven years and it is still working very well. This Sunbean Steam Master iron is not very heavy to use, but with the steam that it produces, irons cloths very well without wrinkles. I love the retractable cord which makes it easy to store after use. This iron hardly burn cloths because of the staem, leaving the buttom of the iron always very clean. It deosn't leave stains on cloths like some iron would on white cloths. Recently my dad visited us for about two weeks, he enjoyed using this iron so much that we had to get him one. Funny enough that he actuall forgot to take it with him.

Since it hardly burn because of the steam, there is little to worry abaout cleaning.

It is very easy to use. All you need is to make sure that there is enough water in it for the steam to work effectively. Every now and then, you can press on the spray for some water to ease ironing of very wrinkled cloths.

Sunbeam Steam Master

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

I love this iron it is very handy for me.

This product performs very well. It is very nice to be able to set the temperature and the amount of steam I want my iron to put out depending on the clothing item I am working on.

Very safe.

When I first got this iron I used water straight out of my tap so after a while I realized the minerals were leaving residue on the metal. So once correcting the problem by using distilled water it was easy to clean.

I use it all the time! Love the retractable cord.

No problems. Have had for 6 years

Not heavy and the retractable cord is a life saver.

Sunbeam Steam Master Iron is great for Busy Moms

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with Automatic cut off is great for a busy Mom. I found this out after using this iron for the first few times. The automatic cut off has saved me many times. You get busy and forget to turn off the iron, the automatic switch turns the iron off for you preventing it from over-heating and catching something on fire. I like the easy grip of the iron, it's very comfortable and doesn't slip easily out of your hands. It also leaves your ironed clothes nice and crisp with firm creases and a great look. This iron is also good for traveling professionals. When I travel I don't always have an iron in my hotel and this iron is easy and compact you can take it with you anywhere you go.

This iron does exactly what it says. It is consistent and does a great job every time.

Safety
    This iron is extra safe die to the fact that it turns off automatically when it isn't being used.

This iron is impossible to clean if it gets something stained on it. No matter what you use to clean it it still does not come clean.

Best iron I've had

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

I've used the Sunbeam Steam Master iron many times and it works very well. I like that the metal plate doesn't rust. I also like that the water chamber is a transparent blue/green so that you can easily see the water level. The water well is large and holds a lot, so you aren't having to refill it often. The opening to the water reservoir is wide enough that I am able to pour water into it easily, without spilling it everywhere. The cap also securely snaps closed. The dials are big and easy to use. The base of the iron is nice and wide, so that it doesn't topple over. The cord retraction is a nice feature, but mine stopped working completely after only a few times. Now I have to push the button while guiding the cord in and then there is about a foot of cord that still won't go back in. Still, it gets most of the cord out of the way and makes storing the iron easier. While the size of the iron plate is large, I sometimes wish that it was a little longer. Overall, this is a great iron and better than all the others I've used before.

• Safety:

Good, sturdy little iron with a good steam function.

from Haslett, MI

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

The iron heats up very quickly. It can be used with or without steam, depending on the fabric type it is being used on. There are different settings for all type of fabrics. The retractable cord is a great feature as well, because non-retractable cords tend to fray when wound around the iron for storage. The steam function performs very well, I use it all the time to smooth wrinkled dresses and curtains.

Safety
    The retractable cord adds to the safety, but it does get very hot, very fast, so it's still not very safe.

Fairly easy to clean. We have a special hot iron cleansing solution that works well on this iron to get off any sticky residue.

This iron is very easy to use. I never worry that I am ruining my clothes when I use it, it never leaves any streaks or burns. Simply turn the dial to the desired fabric time, wait for a few minutes while the iron heats up, and iron away!

Very durable; we haven't had any problems with the iron at all since we got it.

Worked very well

from NA

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

Sunbeam is a reliable brand in terms of electronics and this product as well proves the same. I purchased this iron from Sunbeam in the year 2010 and used it for about two years without any trouble. I never experienced any shock or over heating of the product while using it and it used to instantly start working and remove all the creases from the clothes. Even after using it for over 30 minutes or more, it takes about 3-4 minutes to cool down and I immediately place it in the box and keep it aside.

The Sunbeam Steam Master is very light in weight and can be carried when you travel and easily fits in my bag. Since I had kept it for about three months in the cupboard untouched, it stopped working and started giving trouble when I switched it ON. This was the reason that I had to get it replaced with another brand. It is necessary that the product is used regularly otherwise, it does not function properly.

• Safety:

This is one of best Irons out there!

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron with SecureCord Retraction:

I bought the sunbeam steam master a few months ago after my last one was practically burning my clothes just to try and get simple wrinkles out. My mom has the same iron and recommended I go buy one. Not only did it get the wrinkles out almost effortlessly, but did not require as much time and energy. It comes in a variety of settings and is very gentle on fabrics. It also has a retractable cord for convenience instead of having to wrap up the cord around the iron. It is very durable and a very speaking design to it. I would definitely recommend trying it. Compared to other irons out there, I think it is more modern and easier to use. It would probably be great as a housewarming gift, or a gift to a parent that has an iron with a long cord that is difficult to use. The ease of cleaning is exactly that, very easy. If it gets dirty at all , I usually just wait until it is cool and wipe it down with a damp paper towel.