Other Irons:
Rowenta DG-5030 Iron

Rowenta DG-5030 Iron

Pros

Cons

I like using it like a steamer but watch out for burst of water

This is my third Rowenta; I really love their irons because I feel like I get a better, crisper press from them as compared to other irons I have tried. I bought this one because of the ability to use it like a steamer as well. There are just some fabrics that are too difficult to iron on a board and the steamer feature fits the bill such as flowing silk chiffons and such, it is also convenient to do just a quick steam touch up on dry clean items.

I have found that sometimes the steamer will spurt spray a bit which isn't good because you can get water spots. But I have found if you don't use tap water Ever... preferably use distilled or second choice filtered water it will reduce this risk... I think it is cause by calcium build up in the chamber.  Then as a precaution every so often while ironing I will hold it away from the fabric and let loose a couple good bursts of steam and that seems to clear things out really good. And honestly I have had this problem with other irons I have used, not just Rowenta and I can't say that this one is any worse or better when it comes to spurting then any of the other irons I have used.

Doen't waste your money

I just had the second of the Rowenta DG5030 quit on me in 18 months. These things are expensive! The first blew hot steam from around the fill cap, even after replacing the "o" ring, after 1 years use. This one just quit steaming while ironing yesterday. I went online and read 100's of reviews from fellow buyers of this machine who all say the same things. It works great, but not for the price of how long it lasts!

Works great both as a clothing steamer and an iron!

from Piqua, OH

Comments about Rowenta DG-5030 Iron:

I am happy with my purchase. I still hate ironing. It sure hasn't changed my opinion on that. I have used the Rowenta DG 5030 as an iron and as a garment steamer and I was satisfied with the results. The unit is a bit large, but not as bad as some garment steamers. The steamer cord is long enough for easy use from stored area. Rowenta has always been worth the price.

• Safety:

Doen't waste your money

from Crabtree, OR

Rowenta DG-5030 is the best ironing system on the market

from Kingwood, TX

Comments about Rowenta DG-5030 Iron:

I have owned 3 Rowenta Irons now and will never go back to anything other than a Rowenta Steam Generator iron. On two separate occasions my husband had friends visit for a weekend. They needed to iron their shirts and they used this iron. They were so impressed with it that they ordered one for their wives. I am not sure if their wives were thrilled at first at the thought of getting an iron - but they were happy once they used it and saw how it cut their ironing time in half - at least! Great product!!

Rowenta DG-5030 Iron is Awesome !!!!

from Teaneck, NJ

Comments about Rowenta DG-5030 Iron:

I just receieved this Rowenta DG-5030 for christmas. This iron just glides over everything. Totally awesome. I have always purchased Rowenta Irons. I know they might be pricey, but the irons makes your clothes looks as if you had sent them to the cleaners for a pressing. To think about it, I think Rowenta DG-5030 does a better job than the cleaners. I would recommend that everyone should experience a Rowenta. A GREAT Iron !!!!!

Great Iron Saves You Time

from Mokena, IL

Comments about Rowenta DG-5030 Iron:

If you buy a good iron it will save you time.  I love the iron.  It has full steam power.  It heats up quickly, without overheating.  It may cost more, but with and iron you get what you pay for.

Rowenta DG-5030 is better than an iron.

from Friendswood, TX

Comments about Rowenta DG-5030 Iron:

I was very reluctant to purchase this product since my past experience with Rowenta has not been a good one. Every Rowenta iron I bought previously would spit white particles onto my clothing from day one until I would finally get mad and throw the thing away. This steamer has proven to be worthy of praise. I like the big 3 1/2 cup water tank that is enough steam to do several items of clothing. It gives a professionally pressed look to my clothing, without any shiny spots or unwanted creases. My slacks stay creased for several wash and dry cycles so I don't have to press them each time they are washed. The long steam hose makes it possible to reach all the way to the end of my over-size ironing board with ease. I like the convenience of the long power cord also. I'll never go back to "ironing" again.

Rowenta makes a great product, but it is a space hog.

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Rowenta DG-5030 Iron:

The Rowenta Iron/Steamer is a great iron.  It does take a bit to heat up, we often flip it on then hop in the shower.  My husband and I both really like the product, I tend to iron more wrinkles in than out (hence why he does most of the ironing), however with the Rowenta I can make clothes wrinkle free.  The steamer provides a much crisper ironed product than our previous iron.  It is a bit of a space hog.  Also, if you run out of water while it is hot watch out when refilling it, the water will bubble over and steam.  (You aren't supposed to fill it up hot, but when you are in a rush and didn't check before you heated it up you just have to do what you have to do).

Easy to use steamer!

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about Rowenta DG-5030 Iron:

I purchased the Rowenta steamer for my husband to use for his work shirts.  Well, I hate to say that he only used it once.  So the other day I purchased some new living room curtains - the very thin scarf/valance type and I hung them up and loved the way they looked, except for the wrinkles everywhere they were folded in the package.  So I got out the steamer and tried it out for myself - ok, this made the task so incredibly easy.  I was able to steam out all the folds without messing up the newly arranged curtains.  I could not believe how easy it was to use this machine and how fast it heated up.  I will definitely be using this for more projects.  I just don't think an ordinary iron would have worked on this job without discoloring the fabric, etc.  So I am so thankful I had this on hand to use.  The only problem I had was when I was using it in high places some of the water dripped out of the hose and it was scalding hot, so some precaution/care is needed when using, it could easily cause a severe burn, so not advised for use near/by children.  I will recommend this for any lightweight fabric!

Rowenta DG-5030 iron is nice

from Schertz, TX

Comments about Rowenta DG-5030 Iron:

I have the Rowenta DG 5030 iron for use at home.  It does a great job with the iron and the steam use, but I am not a big fan of how bulky it is.  I wish it was easier to store and to take out quick and easy.

This Rowenta DG-5030 Iron wants to be friends.

from Moundville, MO

Comments about Rowenta DG-5030 Iron:

'When I started making quilts, I first heard of Rowenta irons. My quilt stores all carry a variety of models so I have tried many these last few years. This model DG-5030 seems to be a workhorse. The first time an instructor held up the iron to steam something, I think I fell in love. My iron likes snobby water--preferrably distilled or it sometimes spits water back on your fabric. A long-time quilter who loves her Rowenta suggested I occasionally let the iron shoot off steam which seems to take care of the spitting problem.

Maybe its just me but this irons better than any iron I ever used. Granted it cost more but the creases in slacks look top drawer. I feel my quilt pieces and seams look more professional with using my Rowenta. It is lighter than one would expect and many Rowenta have automatic off features. It does not take as much effort to do a professional looking job. Anyone who wants an exceptional ironing experience should buy a Rowenta DG-5030.