Other Irons:

GE Steam Iron

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

My General Electric Steam Iron works wonderfully.

My General Electric Steam Iron was purchased approximately two years ago.  It replaced another General Electric Steam Iron that I bought over 10 years ago.  So, needless to say, the durability of this iron is wonderful.  I purchased a new GE Steam Iron for its durability, price and weight.  The price is very reasonable, it has all the heat settings that I will ever need and I already know that the GE brand is very durable.  I am a quilter, and you must do alot of pressing while you sew.  So the lightweight feature is very important.  From the time I turn on my iron, it takes just a few short seconds before it reaches the correct temperature.  I love the automatic turn off feature as well, as I sometimes get distracted and I then remember hours later that I didn't turn off my iron wasting alot of electricity.  Although, I don't worry about the cost of the electricity so much, it's the fact that I do like to conserve electricity, just in general.  All in all, I think this is a great product and well worth the money.

acceptable

OK -- first I like that it is a little more affordable than some of the outrageiously priced ones out there. It has a good surface -- smooth that doesn't catch onto the clothing. It takes a little bit to heat up but evenly heats up and stays that way while working. I appreciate that! I have never burnt a piece of clothing -- the settings are very easy to see and use. The steam works...sometimes. We have hard water but do have a water softener in the house and still some of the steam holes/vents clog up. I like that the cord is retractable -- I think that is my favorite feature. I hate cords all over the place and it's nice that when you are finished, you can just slip the cord back in the iron and put away. Cools down pretty quickly too. All in all it has been very reliable and is durable. I am teaching our 10 year old with it and so far have had no issues with it! It is definitely worth the money that we paid for it and we will repurchase it if we need to!

The Original & Still Chamption

from Nashville, TN

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Effective
  • Heats Quickly
  • Irons Smooth
  • Time-saver

Cons

• At Home
    • Travel

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

This GE iron is the tried and true winner. Although new irons will come out frequently, none of them can come close to the goodness that is found in the GE Steam cleaner. This iron offers a ton of features, but maintains its ease of use so you can get the wrinkles out of your clothes and get on with the day. I love it. It is easy to use -simply add water for the 'steam', putt your clothes out to iron, release the steam, and you are done. The iron heats quickly so there's no unnecessary waiting around. And, it does a superb job getting all o those wrinkles out of your clothing. You cannot beat the cost of this iron, and it is easy to store, easy to take with you when traveling, and so much more. You really cannot buy another iron if you tried!

Great Iron.

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

My husband and I both wear formal clothing to work so I'm ironing clothing almost every morning. This GE steam iron has any heat setting that you will ever need for any fabric or piece of clothing. Which is especially nice if you have several pieces of delicate clothing. It also has an automatic shut off which is essential in my book; I cannot tell you how many times I've left the house and have worried that I left the iron on and that is not an issue anymore with this iron. It also is easy to use and lightweight. If you do a lot of ironing and are looking for a good quality one, I would definitely recommend the GE steam iron.

This iron can and will get the wrinkles out of any fabric

This iron is extremely easy to use.

I've had this GE steam iron for about a year now (and have used it almost every week day) and have had no problems with it. It works just as well now as it did when I first got it. It also feels nice quality without being heavy.

Super

from Warren, OH

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

This GE steam iron is a great overall iron that I have had for many years and have not had any problems with it. I love that it is top quality in performance and has simple features so that it is very easy to use. It also heats up very quickly and has a safety feature so that you can be sure to properly use this so you do not hurt yourself. It is also very easy to clean because of how it is made. This iron is very durable and I have even dropped it plenty of times and it has still remained in tack. It has never given me any problems in the many years that I have owned it and I am very grateful it is so well made. I would highly reccommend this to anyone looking for a high quality very durable iron that they want to last them for many years to come. The design is very well made and it's very simple and will last me forever. I would not go back to any other iron that I have used in the past because I love this one so much.

Easy to Use and Affordable

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

In my opinion, I have seen better irons but this one definitely places in the top ten. Why? Well, I think that it is a very efficient GE product, it uses up less energy than some other of my favorite irons and it also comes at a great low price, too! The only reason why I don't think this steam iron deserves a ten is because it isn't very durable. That's the only region in which it is not efficient. The GE Steam Iron that I just got rid of two weeks ago only lasted me two and a half years of basic using. Most irons that I have owned last me up to five years before I need to buy a new one. Anyways, other than that, I think this product is worthy of a nine and it has a sleek, cutting edge design and a high performance level. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who needs a steam iron for any purpose.

High performance, works excellently!

Safety
    Really, what kind of iron is safe?

Simple to clean.

Very easy to use overall.

Didn't last me very long, sorry!

Very modern!

Good Iron

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

I've never had any problems with this iron. I like that it's not too heavy even when it's full of water like some other irons I've owned. Even though it's light, it irons well and even gets wrinkles out of heavy cotton or upholstery fabric. It does seem to run out of water fairly quick so I always keep a water bottle on the ironing board. I like that it has different heat settings and the heat adjusts quickly so I don't have to wait long to iron different materials. I like that it has a spray and a steam button on the top. The automatic turn-off is awesome since my husband tends to forget about unplugging it after using it! The only thing that I wish it had is a retractable cord like another iron I owned before. But overall, this iron works great and is easy to store since it's light and fairly small. It was also nice that it works great and I didn't have to spend a lot of money to get good results.

Safe Iron

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

We received this iron for Christmas the year we became engaged. I have a habit of asking for “practical gifts.” I believe it was a fairly low priced iron. I have maybe used it once or twice, which is probably best seeing as it seems it was not designed for daily use. The iron is very lightweight. This particular iron does have an automatic shut off safety feature. If the iron is inactive for over 20 minutes, it will automatically power off. This is such a great feature to have when you leave the house in a rush and have a million things on your mind. You get halfway down the road and can’t remember if you unplugged something! I do wish that the iron had a cord storage option. Perhaps a retractable cord or just a latch to wrap it around, without these it makes it a bit awkward to store.

The bottom of the iron heats very evenly. Thus producing a great, even ironing job and not damaging the delicate clothing.

simple iron

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

I like that this iron is simple and easy to use so even my daughter who is just beginning to iron can understand how to use it. I love the steam option on this iron so even the toughest wrinkles in the cotton fabrics that I iron come out smooth and flat.

This simple iron works great and heats up fast so I can get my ironing job done in a decent amount of time.

Safety
    This iron is a simple design and clearly shows where the hot areas are and the style makes it safer to use because of where all the button placements are.

The smooth surface that this iron is made out of makes it easy to clean.

The simple design of this iron is easy to use and to understand.

This is a very strong but simple model and is very durable.

I love the design of this iron because it is simple and easy to understand how to use and with the smooth surfaces I can easily and quickly clean it off when needed. The simple design also makes it easy to store between uses.

Best I have seen

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

It seems like everyday you have to iron something, nothing can ever be wrinkle free. This is the first iron I have actually purchased and it works amazing. So easy to get the wrinkles out and gets the clothes almost to a perfect crisp. I have not yet had to clean it, seems like it never gets dirty. Very durable! Wouldn't change it for anything.

GE Steam Iron Is A Hot Buy

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

This Iron is great for any type of fabric. I us it on my jeans, and silk shirts. It's a gentle on all my clothing.

It does a great job at ironing my clothes.

Safety
    Never had to worry about a short, or bad wires. I had this iron for two years.

Simple to clean.

Set the iron to what you want, and it does the rest.

Very sturdy.

I like the color, and the look of it.

Perfect Iron

Comments about GE Steam Iron:

I absolutely love my GE steam iron. Initially I bought it because GE is a favorite brand of mine, and this iron was especially cost effective. When I got it home I plugged it in, and was pleased to find out that it heated up fairly quickly. Not instantly for sure, but quick enough. It heated evenly, and maintains a good heat throughout the time I spend ironing. The settings are easy to read and distinguish. Prior to buying it I found other people saying that they had difficulty with the steam feature, but I have never had any trouble with it, inspite of the fact that we have very hard water. I was also very pleased to find that it had a retractable cord. It makes my life so much easier when my appliances store away without being tangled with everything else! This is a great iron to use, whether it be to straighten out an entire load of laundry, or it just one item needs freshening up prior to wearing.