Other Dog Foods:

Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Almost makes me wish I could eat the stuff!

I was a bit hesitant about changing my dogs (5 of them) food, but this particular brand was recommended to me by one of the trusted pet shop employees where I normally buy my dog food. We had been using another , pricier, grain free formulat because of allergies, and it cost quite a bit more to feed five dogs on that food, than on this food. I blended the new Taste of theWild dog food in with the old brand of dog food to transition the dogs over, and found that a couple of the dogs were actually eating AROUND the old brand, to get to the new brand, and the other three did not do the same, but it was clear that they like the Taste of the Wild food as well. Taste of the Wild is also one of the few dog foods that have a chicken-free formula.It is a little known fact that many dogs are also allergic to chicken, and, like humans, can develop an allergy to previously tolerated foods at any time in their lives. It is also little known (because the cheap dogfood manufactures dont want you to know) that corn (the main ingredient in most mainstream dogfoods...even Science Diet, Iams, and the formulas at the vets office) is terrible for dogs. It is one of the main allegens, causing everything from itchy skin, to hair loss, upset stomach, immune supression...dogs are not meant to eat corn. Dogs are meant to eat meat, not grain. The Taste of the wWild products also feature things that make digestion easier, and glucosamine for joints. Their formulas are great for all stages of life, and if you think grain-free foods are too expensive, think about the money you will save in vewt bills...because you really will. In addition, there is no "filler" in these foods, so much less "waste", if you get my meaning, and you feed only half as much! So there goes the price difference! Also, this is the lowest priced grain free I have seen on the market. 2 thumbs waaaay up!

Taste of the wild made my dog wildly ill

I have fed my cat Taste of the Wild dry food for some years and she loves it. My dog also goes nuts whenever he smells the cat food so I thought I would give it a try. I loved the fact that it came in "wild" flavors and was pleased with the nutrion of the food. I made the transition from his old food to the TOTW and he loved the stuff. He'd dig through his bowl and pick out the TOTW bits and eat them and leave the other food behind. After a couple of days he started to get very sick. Throwing up all over the place. It was amazing the amount of vomit that came out of this little dog, it just didn't seem proportional to his intake. I couldn't figure it out and decided it might be the new food. So I went back to his old food and the vomitting stopped. It really concerned me and made me wonder why !! I was worried he'd been poisoned in some way. I have since then stopped feeding this brand of food to both my cat and my dog.

My dogs like it!

from Lamont

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Improves Coat
  • Tasty

Cons

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

My dog loves this food, and our vet and trainer both highly recommended it. His coat is shiny and healthy and I like the fact that it is grain-free, which is good for dogs with allergies.
      Hoping this new dog food will have amazing results with my dogs. I like the list of ingredients and they seem to like the taste.

Expensive dog food but she loves it

from north augusta sc

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

This was an excellent dog food to feed my dog. The ingredients are the highest quality and it shows on the ingredient list. My dog loved the food and ate it the fastest that I ever saw he eat before! I have to take off points, because the bag of food is very tiny. Usual dog food bags can last me a whole month of feeding three meals a day. This small bag of food only lasted a week, and the price was triple what I paid for the other type. I guess you get what you pay for, because this dog food has chicken, fish, and beef without a lot of filler ingredients. This food was a lot easier than cutting up whole meats like I used to do for my dog. I would only recommend this food if you don't mind paying a lot of money for a small amount of dog food, although it is high quality.

Quality of Ingredients
      This food contains the best quality ingredients and it shows with my dog! She gobbles up food very fast once I set it down.

Flavor Selection
      This premium dog food has the best natural flavors that dogs love. Dogs crave fresh meat, and there is a lot of meat in this dog food.

Go to for my three dogs

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

I read reviews on line and I read all the packages before I purchase any dog food. This is one of the brands that I purchase because it is excellent quality. My dogs love it and have no trouble digesting it. This is just one of the flavors that I buy in this brand. I like to buy quality dog food for them. Even though this is a premium brand the fact that it does not have fillers in it helps them have small poops. There are not huge piles to pick up when they eat this food as there are when I have fed them cheaper brands with more filler. It seems they are capable of digesting more.

Quality of Ingredients
      I read the back of the bag and it has the ingredients that I look for in my dog food. Not fillers. Meat is the main ingredient.

Flavor Selection
      This is one of my top choices in this brand. They have may choices available and the choices are easy on the stomachs of the dogs. The omega oils in this particular flavor are excellent for the dogs. I also give them fish oil as a supplement.

• Flavor Selection:

Decent price, exceptional dog food!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

I purchased this for the first time about three months ago when I was in search of a nutritious, yet reasonably priced dog food. The cashier at Petsmart recommended this to me, and she told me that she evens feeds it to her dogs. I bought a bag of it right away and took it home to feed my dogs. My dogs seemed to really enjoy the taste. After weeks of feeding it to them, they even seemed healthier and more energetic. I would recommend this to anyone with dogs who wants to feed them healthy and cheap dog food.

Quality of Ingredients
      The quality of ingredients in Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula dry dog food is absolutely exceptional. I could pronounce every ingredient on the list which is quite impressive. Like I previously stated, my dogs are healthier now after eating this dog food. They are also much more energetic and playful.

Flavor Selection
      They have a decent flavor selection. My dogs have only tried the chicken formula, but I am sure that they would enjoy the other flavors as well.

• Flavor Selection:

Fantastic Grain Free Food!

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

Before we switched to a less expensive brand, my dog was eating Taste of the Wild: Pacific Stream dog food. I wanted to feed the dog the best food I could afford, and while Blue Buffalo was out of my price range, I was quite happy with Taste of the Wild. They offer a couple of flavor choices with the same high quality food and no cheap fillers.

While the price may be higher, the protein and nutrition in these grain free foods mean your dog eats less and is fuller longer. No more scrounging through the trash to fill a belly that is prematurely empty from digesting cheap materials. And no by products either! The same things we would eat go into this food. Within a week my dog had more energy and his coat was silky smooth. And the picky eaters seem to love it!

Pros:
      Grain Free
      Real Ingredients
      Less worries over contamination

Cons:
      Expensive

All in all, we love Taste of the Wild, and if our budget improves, we will return to using it!

• Quality of Ingredients:

Quality that shows

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have three dogs ranging from 5 pounds to 120 pounds, all with separate food related issues. I have a Yorkshire Terrier with both skin and stomach issues, an Australian Shepherd with a picky appetite, stomach issues, and skin issues, as well as a Doberman Pincher with both skin and stomach (terrible gas) issues. Finding one food to fit all their needs wasn't easy, but Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food has fit the bill very well.

Quality of Ingredients
      This dog food has a premium price because it contains premium ingredients. I really believe my dogs eat better than I do. After switching to this dog food all of my dogs were able to wean off their medications and no longer have any skin or stomach issues. My picky eater gets excited at feeding time now and no longer leaves a single kibble in his bowl. My dogs are healthier and produce less waste because they are on a quality, more natural diet.

Flavor Selection
      Taste of the Wild offers a wide range of flavors, all equally as premium as Pacific Stream. This food is a household favorite here, all three dogs love the flavor.

Great food!

from Concord, NC

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have a dog with allergies, and this has been the best food we've ever tried him on. Within a couple weeks of switching him to Taste of The Wild Pacific Stream, his coat was shiny, he was no longer flaky, and his itching was almost completely gone. We've tried him on other grain free formulas before, but I've never noticed such an extreme change for the positive.

The ingredients are great, and the price is not bad either. There is also a substantial decrease in the amount needed to feed him and keep him at an optimal weight, which was another bonus for us. He's had a hard time keeping weight on with other foods. Yard clean up is yet another bonus. The amount of waste he produces on this food is almost half of what he produced eating other, similar quality brands.

The only hesitation I had initially was that this is a food manufactured by Diamond, who have had some recalls in the past, but after researching their current Quality Control standards, I'm more than comfortable feeding this to my dogs.

Saved our black lab!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

When we were given a parvo-stricken two month old emaciated sick little black lab puppy a year ago, the situation looked bleak. She could barely walk. You could feel her tiny ribs when you petted her. We kept her wrapped in sweaters and blankets, swaddled like a baby for warmth. We fed her water with electrolytes in it. We boiled and deboned an entire chicken and cooked up a pot of white rice every two days to feed her because her tiny stomach couldn't handle dog food in her condition. After a couple weeks, she pulled through the worst of the symptoms and thorough bloodwork at the vet confirmed that the parvo virus was gone but she still had horrible diarrhea. The vet suggested holistic dog food and we must've tried everything on the market: Wellness, Diamond, Blue Buffalo but after a few weeks on each one, no change was seen. So I went online and checked the animal rescue, lab owners and parvo message boards. The solution was unanimous: Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream flavor. Withing two days on this food, the diarrhea was completely gone. Within a month, our puppy had a healthy little belly and was full of energy. Our "little" Gerty is over a year old now and is the picture of health and still enjoying her Taste of the Wild every day. We're even frequently asked if she's a "show dog". She was the runt of the litter and nearly died from Parvo! Show dog? No, just our fur baby and my four-year-old son's favorite playmate.

An Excellent Quality Food With a Few Drawbacks

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have been feeding this food for over a year and both my 25lb and 6lb dogs like it well enough, but I feel the flavors are not as enticing as some other brands and the kibble size is a little bit large for my little dog. Overall though, for the price and the quality of the food, it really can't be beat. I also like that this food is locally accessible at many of the feed stores in my area. The best advice I can give is to try this food for your dog, keeping in mind the large kibble size and less than exciting flavor...this might not be a perfect choice for toy breeds and picky dogs.

Quality of Ingredients
      The ingredients are top notch, with the protein source being the main ingredient. I would prefer it if it had less ingredients as both of my dogs are slightly sensitive, but overall they respond well to the quality ingredients in this food.

Flavor Selection
      My dogs prefer the fish formula. I wish there was a beef formula as this seems to be what they both enjoy the most.

Grain Free

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine Formula Dry Dog Food:

The only reason I'm giving this dog food a nine and not a ten is because I can't imagine paying the high price for this dog food week after week. But it is great dog food, so if you have the extra money to invest in your dog's life then go for it. It is a grain free, holistic dog food that's made with real salmon and added antioxidants and vitamins and mineral derived from fruits and vegetables. I'm not too far in to the whole holistic approach of eating or feeding your dog, but everything is worth trying at least once. It does seem to be a high quality dog food that my dog really enjoys. She comes running with her tail between her legs eagerly waiting for me to pour some of this dog food into her bowl. All most all of the ingredients on the ingredient list are recognizable, and the few I don't recognize are near the bottom of the list and are probably just preservatives. Not sure, if you want to check it out you can find the ingredient list on Amazon.com.