3.8

Taebo Advanced 8 minute workout

3.8

Way too short

Comments about Taebo Advanced 8 minute workout:

I love the Tae Bo series, but this 8 minute VHS is just too short. Like the rest of the Tae Bo workouts, this is a fun workout that gets you sweating, but just like with the original, it takes around 6 minutes to build up a sweat; so with an 8 minute workout, you're only really sweating for 2 minutes before you cool down.

Also, I've only been able to find it on VHS. There are better workouts out there, this is for folks who are so out of shape, they can't work out for more than 8 minutes.

JUST YOUR REGULAR WORKOUT VIDEO FOR THE MOST PART

from Mantua, NJ

Comments about Taebo Advanced 8 minute workout:

It's an ok work otu. I think it's something you can get into in the begining ,but then you can get bored very easily!! I mean yeah it's cheaper than going to a gym or buying alot of excersize equipment.That's true ,but I dunno unless your really dedicated, or into workout's like this then I just think it won't give you the motivation of what you get from going to the gym.Your sitting around by yourself noone to look at or have an attraction to to maybe help ya keep focus or the mind set up. I really think that this is not a bad program ,but for me I would get bored of it.I also like sitting in a hot tub or sauna after my workout. Helps relax and heal muscles and realy helps with shapeing especially the sauna it's a good way to get toned and cut.Not to mention it's comfortable, relaxing, and when you're done and finally come out you just feel so good and totally refreshed!!! Don't take my opinion though it's just what it is an opinion!!! You know what the old saying is !!! LOL!!! So just try it out for your self just buy one tape of the workout you'll think you'll enjoy or get the most out of!!Don't go and pic out something you know you can't do,will have problem's doing ,or something that's gonna be hard for you too kep up with ,or be able to jump right into.Take your time and go at your own pace it's not a reace per say and you don't wanna injur yourself you wanna look good and don't need anymore problem's than you already have.Besides if you injur yourself your gonna gain more weight ,because you won't be able to move and you'll have to relax take it easy till you get well! So don;t be stupid,be smart and knowledgeable,read up on different thing's most important stretch and go at your own pace.Also when your buying the video's they come in different level's so if you want something thats just simple start with the first one but if you think you can handle a little something more try going up to the next tape or one after that!!If you find out you've made a mistak and can't keep up just remember to take your time then and then by then you'll definatly know or should know where your body's at and it's capabilitie's so next tme you pick out a video you'll be ready and know what one to pick!!! All in all this is a good program again if your not into gym's limited on money or wanna try something different. All workout tapes are pretty much the same one just either focuses on something more or less than other's or doe's them in differen't order's for either longer or shorter amounts of time!!That's where you gotta be smart do research and figure out what part's are most important to you to fix up on your body! Then you concentrate on those workout's more ,but don't forget to still do the other exersize's because it will not work out right your body needs to be equally worked out ,but that doesn't mean you can concentrate on a particular area.Just mean's not to neglect any part and just make sure that you do at least try to work out the whole body ,but if you wanna do more of one thing to get a certain area of your body in shape then go for it nothing wrong with it but jst follow what I said do your own research and try new things for yourself be smart and careful stretch ask questions and have fun when your working out dont think of it as a chore do some kinda cleaning in the workout or put music on and clean/dance or whatever you wanna do whle your working out make it fun and be creative.That's all I have for now ,but if ya wanna know more then I suggest looking up more information at your local library,internet, or contact a nutritionist,trainer,or friend just make sure that if your doing it on your own and dont think something right then don;t do it and dont hesitate to ask for help or questions you wanna make sure you get top performing results and noone wants to injur themselves also you might wanna consult with your doctor he/she might also have exersize's you can do to help or might be able to give you something to speed up your thyroid gland and theyll know of any risks you might have like some people might have heart attack's or be suseptable to them or some people might have a muscle that will like tp or bowe up when they do sit ups or crunch's who know's what will happen to you or anyone I'm not a perfesonal and so ask a doctor so you dont get hurt thats really the most important thing !!Over and out lose that weight!!!!GOOD LUCK & AS ALWAYS GOD BLESS 'N BE SAFE!!

Good 8 Minute Cardio Kickboxing Workout

from Bevery Hills, CA

Billy Blanks, 1998

This is a quick 11 minute workout that is mostly cardio (the body of the workout is 8 minutes and there is a short warmup and cooldown, hence the 11 minutes). The workout is set in a small space with a bunch of background exercisers-some on the floor with Billy and some kind of elevated in the back. Billy's daughter Shelley is one of the background exercisers and is not as annoying in this one as she is in later ones- yelling and "whooing" in a really odd and overly intense way.

I really like using this workout as a quick add on to other workouts or as a warmup. I always skip the warmup and cooldown so the 8 min is perfect to add on to those 50 minute workouts to fill my workout hour. You wil see the normal kickboxing fare-jabs, cross punches, upper cuts, side kics, standing oblique twists, knee pulls, etc.

Billy does wear those super tight shorts he seems to love, I find them a bit too revealing but whatever. He doesnt always count evenly on each side but that doesnt bother me. They count in these too, 1-8 a lot, so if you think that will annoy you you might want to avoid Tae Bo in general. It doesnt bother me.

I like only a select few Tae Bo workouts. I love the idea of them, but often feel like Im wasting a lot of time working out w/ Billy (though not in this one at all). I have heard that the Advanced Lives are awesome challenging w/o's but havent had the opportunity to try them yet.

I do really enjoy this workout and use it often. It has a good energy, nice and upbeat. I would rate this solid intermediate despite its short length.

Taebo 8 Minute Workout has great results!

from Madison, WI

Comments about Taebo Advanced 8 minute workout:

I hate working out. Really hate it. I realize, however, that it's impossible for me to maintain a healthy weight without doing something. So...I set out to find some good workout DVDs that really pack a punch (pun intended) in a short period. This DVD delivers!

We're all busy these days - work, kids, social engagments - all you need is 8 minutes* a day and you'll see results with this DVD. If you're new to Taebo, it's a lot of punching and kicking and really keeps your heart rate up. You're often working out multiple muscles in addition to getting a good cardio workout. Your muscles will burn! Out of all the DVDs I've tried over the years, Taebo produces the most noticeable results in the shortest time (weight loss and muscle tone).

*The actual cardio portion is 8 minutes - that doesn't include a few minutes of both warmup and cool down. Technically, this is more like a 15 minute workout.

Awesome workout in only 8 minutes!

from Fort Riley, KS

Comments about Taebo Advanced 8 minute workout:

I love Taebo Advanced - 8 minute workout routine.  I have a ton of different Taebo dvd's.  But I have to say the advanced 8 minute workout is my favorite.  Those 8 minutes make you work harder than you ever thought possible.  You get a total body workout.  You feel it from you head to your toes.  You definatly work up a good sweat.  You wouldn't think that would be possible in so little time but it is.

I was running a mile on the treadmill everyday.  One day I didn't have the time for that and I wanted something a little different.  So I put in the 8 minute is workout.  It kicked butt like I hadn't been working out in months.  By the end I was winded, sweaty, but felt great. I had worked out my whole body!  It was a wake up call that my mile on the treadmill wasn't doing that much for me.  I now incorporate this workout at least 3 times per week.

Even though this is an 8 minute workout, it takes longer than that from start to finish.  There is about a 4 minute warm up, then the 8 minute workout, then about a 4 minute cool down.  So in total it takes about 16 minutes.  But you will feel like you got the same workout if you had spent an hour.

I love it!  Thanks Taebo!