Other Exercise DVDs & Videos:
30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels

30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels

Pros

Cons

I got real results in only 20 mins a day, Jillian kicks butt!!!

I have tried almost every work out DVD on the market. I have too many Billy Blanks and Taebo DVDs to count and while I love them I was looking for a work out video that included some weight lifting because I read that lifting moderate weights increases your metabolism thereby helping to increase the amount of calories burned during the day. And that increased muscle mass helps lose weight much faster when the body is at rest. I have watched Jillian Michaels on the Biggest Loser for several seasons now and was eager to see if she kicks butt for the home viewer on her DVD and boy does she deliver! The beginner level is so hard! I was so winded the first time I tried it but I kept with it and boy do I look great! It is definitely a program that you can stick with for a while and not get bored because you are trying so hard to keep up with her! I thisnk her system of circuit training is the key. You do a little cardio then weights then back and forth never letting your body get to used to doing one thing. It really is an effect and interesting way to workout and get a nice tone! Thanks be to Jillian!

Not for beginners

I bought this thinking it's only 20 minutes how hard could it be.   It is... very difficult.   I am very overweight and a lot of the exercises hurt immensely to do.   I didn't like all the push ups, my knees are very sensitive especially after having a child and having that excess weight on me.   I made it through about 2 weeks of doing this every other day then I stopped.   I did have to do an alternate push up with the wall because the on the floor hurt too much.   I really didn't see a whole lot of difference in my body within the two weeks.   I know it's supposed to be for 30 days but after about 2 weeks I had enough.  I didn't feel like I was getting into it and I just didn't like the work out.   I could just jump rope outside and feel like I was getting around the same work out for most of the video.  I also found her very annoying and a bit insulting, especially when she would reference "it's only 20 mins you don't get to break, or whatever it was".   It still hurt a lot and I felt like she really wasn't there with me encouraging me to go further, I don't like her tone of voice either.   All in all, this got traded in a swap, I have better more motivating and fun videos to work out too.  I just didn't like it.  Sorry

I'm 58 and way out of shape, this is TOUGH

from Vinton VA

Pros

• Convenient
  • Easy To Follow
  • Well Produced

Cons

• Gym Substitute
    • Total Body Workouts

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

I'm 58, out of shape and overweight. Walking isn't cutting it. EVEN power walking. I feel this in EVERY muscle. I hate it because it's work, I love it because it works. Just the first week and I see changes. I HATE the jumping jacks, but I do them and if I can't hack it, I at least march in place or do butt kicks. I keep moving and try to stick to the program. I've taken pictures and I am DETERMINED to get my butt in shape and looking good again. Easy DOESN'T do it.

Great Workout with Actual Results!

from MI

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

After baby #2 I needed something to kick my weight loss into high gear, as the weight wasn't coming off quite as easily as it did after baby #1. Enter Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred!

My husband and I did this workout together. We never missed a single day of the program, literally "shredding" for the entire 30 days. I can honestly say that if you follow this workout, it will give you results.

The DVD starts at a beginner level, working up as your endurance improves, to intermediate, then advanced. The work out sessions are really only about 20 minutes long, which is mentally helpful, because it's easy to commit to 20 minutes a day, vs. 45 or 60, even though the workouts are still tough. She gives you a combination of cardio, strength, abs and and rotates again and again during that 20 minutes.

I personally found it to be a great jump-start to weight loss and a great way to get back into the habit of working out. And honestly, after 20 minutes, I felt like I had a full body, hard core workout. It is a great DVD and workout. Jillian keeps things moving and I really felt like it never got old or boring at all. Definitely recommended!

I LOVE Jillian now!

from Kansas

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

I used to watch Jillian Michaels on The Biggest Loser and I thought she was terrifying. I was looking for at home workouts because I get very self-conscious working out in front of people. I kept seeing the 30 Day Shred being mentioned. I decided I would give it a try even though I was terrified of Jillian Michaels. All 3 levels of 30DS are available on YouTube so there's no reason to go buy it in stores really unless you just want to. There are 3 levels, beginning, intermediate, and advanced. Each level features Jillian and 2 other girls, one who is doing a beginners version of the moves and the other is doing advanced ones, so you can really start out slow, medium, or hard on every level. You are supposed to do each level for roughly 10 days. Once I began the 30DS I fell in love with Jillian. Yes, she is tough but she's a fun workout instructor. The workouts are challenging. You will sweat. You will want to quit. But just remember it's only 20 minutes. Each level gets easier after a few days of doing it. You will see results! Maybe not the 20 lbs in 30 days like the box of the DVD says but you will see changes in your body. I highly recommend this workout! You can do it from home, it's challenging but worth it!

Shredded in 30 days!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

I absolutely love 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels! I love working out and finding new workouts to challenge myself with so I ordered 30 day shred on DVD from amazon.
    I really like how each session can be done at home with not too much equipment because I am a busy mom and can't make it to the gym more then once a month and I really don't have anywhere to store bulky exercise equipment so this DVD is great.
    I also like how each workout session is not too long because I don't have a lot of time to work out most days. With 30 day shred I really felt like I was getting the most out of that limited time I do have to exercise.
    I love Jillian Michaels as an instructor as well. She's really tough and a lot of fun to workout with. She's very inspirational in her teaching style and always demonstrates good form in her exercises. I always love how she talks about being strong physically so you're strong in every facet of your life. Her body is also easy on the eyes!
    I've noticed such great results with 30 day shred! I would definitely recommend for everyone of all activity levels.

I love Jillian Michael's DVDs!

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

I really love everything about Jillian! I started watching her on the Biggest Loser and loved her. When I found out she had DVDs, I knew I had to give them a try. The 30 Day Shred was the first one I ordered. It is great! You have three different workout options. Each one is harder than the one before. She uses the same format each time of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardiovascular, and 1 minute of abs. It may not sound like much but it is hard! I am always sore the day after I do these. She tries not to repeat exercises so you don't get bored with it. She is tough and gives you results. If you match this DVD up with nutrition, you are sure to see results! I bought 5 more of her DVDs after doing this one. They are all great but this one is the best for a total body workout. I pair it up with a run and it makes for a great workout. If you are limited on time, it is great to do by itself because it is just a 20 minute workout. I highly recommend it!

Not a fan

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

I did not like the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred at all! I am a big fan of Jillian Michaels and I enjoy doing some of the Biggest Loser workout DVDs, but the 30 Day Shred was way too intense for me. I actually hurt my hamstring halfway through the DVD. I do many different workout DVDs and I am normally able to keep up just fine, however I was not able to keep up with the 30 Day Shred at all. Jillian does not explain the correct form for the exercises on the DVD, which is exactly the reason I believe I hurt my hamstring. Jillian also jumps from one exercise to the next. She does not pause to tell you what you are about to do, she just does it and then explains what you are supposed to be doing. Another thing I really dislike about the 30 Day Shred is that the models are super skinny. This DVD is not meant for beginners, however normal size people doing the exercises would be a lot more motivating then women with perfect abs.

not my favorite

from Arkansas

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

Disclaimer: I am going to say, I am the WORST at finishing things I start, so I won't even pretend I would have stuck with this for 30 days even if Jillian didn't annoy me.

Pros of this workout: Jillian is a motivator and is very good at explaining what you should do in all moves. The camera evenly goes between the beginner and the advanced so you can see what you should be doing. I recently started t25 workouts and some of them you can barely see the modifier so you don't even know what the low impact version is. I like that Jillian is cut and dry, not a beeboppy aerobics instructor. I'd rather get yelled at than be given smiley and happy while someone is inflicting pain on me. Also, the workout is 24 minutes long. This is heaven if you've ever tried to get up at the wee hours before children start wondering out and insisting on have sippee cups and cereal stat.

Cons: Jillian is going to seriously hurt someone someday. She has an affinity for jumping jacks that I'll never understand. If you are in phase 1, a lot of people are just starting a workout regime. She does jumping jacks as part of the warm up! Then when she does them in the actual workout she doesn't have a modification for lower impact and states "i have 400lb people that do jumping jacks." Um, yeah, that's not a good thing Jillian. She is also obnoxious with her sayings "your neck is not invited to this party." "Don't phone in your workout." Also, you are supposed to do the workout every day for 30 days. Squats ever day? Lunges every day? She must have knees of steel. Mine are made of cartilage, bone, and ligaments and it hurts to do that every day.

Keep coming back to this!

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

I'm a big fan of the 30 day shred. I do it about ever 4-6 months because I feel like it's a very quick and efficient fitness boost. The way the program works is you do one, about 25 minutes, work-out for 10 days then a slightly more intense one for a second 10 day, then a third (again, harder) one for the final 10 days. In all three there is always a modifies version of each exercise, so even if you're a serious beginner you should be able to keep up without too much trouble. The workouts are pretty comprehensive, each one goes through a circuit of strength, cardio and abs, there's also a warm-up at the beginning and a stretching portion at the end. Some people have really dramatic physical changes from the program, but I wouldn't expect this unless your willing to combine it with a strict healthy eating regimen. For me, I've never felt I look different, I just feel a lot stronger and fitter.

I love Jillian and this is one of my favorite video's of hers

from Texas

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

I first bought 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels in 2009 after having my first baby. As soon as the Doctor cleared me I knew I had to find something to do to help lose weight and get fit. My husband helped me do lots of research online and this seemed to get the best reviews so I bought it online. After years of not working out and just having a baby I have to say this workout was tough at first. However I continued to push through and after the entire program I was very pleased with my results both with weight loss and my fitness abilities. This was the starting point in my fitness journey and was a great stepping stone. I love Jillian and have almost all of her workouts. Even years later I still do this video, it will always be in my rotation. If you are looking for a great place to start your weight loss and fitness journey I highly recommend this workout. It's great because it has 3 levels and you progress to each level as you go along.

Effective Exercise DVD

Comments about 30 Day Shred With Jillian Michaels:

The 30 Day Shred workout by Jillian Michaels is very effective. It is a great workout because you can get all of your exercise into a short time-frame. It is only 20 minutes long. The exercises within the DVD are broken down into what Jillian calls the 3-2-1 method. You do three minutes of strength, two minutes of cardio, and one minute of abs. You repeat each of these sections two times thru during the DVD. By the end of this workout, you can definitely feel that you have worked out your muscles.

There are three different levels within this workout, and it is definitely good to start at level one. Each level also have modified exercises that you can do in place of the more high-impact exercises. This essentially makes there be two levels within each of the three workouts.

Jillian is a good motivator during this exercise DVD, and the sets are not overly flashy like some workout DVDs seem to be.