3.7

Worst iron

from British Columbia Canada

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

Cons

• Not Effective

Comments about T-FAL Ultraglide Diffusion Iron:

I have used many irons over the past 50 years, and they last a good long time. I have had this one for less than six months and hate it.

An okay iron

from Auburn, KY

Comments about T-FAL Ultraglide Diffusion Iron:

This is not the best iron out there that's for sure. It's fine unless you want to do a pile of clothes. It doesn't stay hot, it'll cool off then get hot again. It does leak sometimes, too. A feature I do like is the automatic shut off because I tend to forget to turn it off when I'm done. I wouldn't buy one like this again but for now ill keep using it until it gives out or I get frustrated enough to get another one!

• Safety:

works great. I love using this iron

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about T-FAL Ultraglide Diffusion Iron:

I love using the Tefal 1749 UltraGlide Iron as it is really easy to use. I tend to find that I do not need to spend a lot of money to get a good quality iron. This Tefal iron was not as expensive as some of the other irons that I noticed that were being sold. I love the fact that I can get a good quality product for a really affordable price. This is my first iron from the Tefal brand and from what I have seen so far this iron has really held up well. I love the way that this iron is able to heat up really quickly and I can completely iron all of my clothes really quickly. This is a good thing when I change my mind in the mornings on what to wear. I know that can quickly iron something else with this nice Tefal iron.

TFal Ultra Glide works very well for serious ironing

from Tijeras, NM

Comments about T-FAL Ultraglide Diffusion Iron:

The TFal Ultraglide does a good job. I am picky about my family's clothing. I iron almost everything and need an iron up to the task. The TFal Ultraglide has lasted longer than any other iron I have had in recent years and does a good job. The only thing I would change would be the water tank. It seems to be a little small, causing more frequent refills.

Get the job done.

from Rainier, OR

Comments about T-FAL Ultraglide Diffusion Iron:

This iron, gets the job done.  I personally hate ironing....I would much prefer to take all my clothes to the cleaners and pay to have them done, than iron.  And as a matter of fact I do just that most of the time.  My other method is to fold as soon as the laundry load is done.  But herein lays my problem.  I hate folding laundry. So, week after week, I end up with a bunch of wrinkled clothing that needs ironing.  So, I hang them in the closet and iron on a just in time basis.

It has enough steam to get the job done.  I'm a big fan of the steam.  It gets my wrinkles out quickly and cuts down on my ironing time.  I don't really care for the little opening for the water.  I always spill water everywhere.  They need to fix that.  But It heats up quickly, has a decent steam capability, and enough setting that it doesn't scorch my clothes....at least not when I choose the right settings.  So if you are seeking an iron that does the job, without too much fuss.  Pick this one.

Buy me!!!

from New Bedford, MA

Comments about T-FAL Ultraglide Diffusion Iron:

**The** **Tefal Iron - UltraGlide 1749 is truley fabulous. It is the only iron you will ever need.  It is like you are running silk across you clothes, they come out so smooth and wrinkle free. It is a little costly, but worth every penny. I bought one for my mother and my grandmother for christmas and they love them. I tell all my friends to buy it.**

T-fal makes quick work of ironing

from Largo, FL

Comments about T-FAL Ultraglide Diffusion Iron:

Love this iron but with hard water, it needs regular cleaning to prevent scaling and build up.  Wish the iron could be a little lighter and smaller but for how it irons, I'll take the size.  Hate ironing but the t-fal heats quickly and works effectively.

Great to use but not too durable

from Roseville, MN

Comments about T-FAL Ultraglide Diffusion Iron:

I've had great results with this iron under demanding circumstances - ironing concert uniforms that had to be perfectly crisp.  The non-stick sole is perfect when dealing with heavy starch which can cause a mess on traditional sole plates.

It's one negative is the thin plastic case.  With a dog and cat that find a way to knock things over, it wasn't long before the bottom of the plastic shell had a nasty chip that grew to a large hole by the time I replaced it (with a new Tefal).  I would also like more concrete setting markings.  They should know the optimum settings for each fabric type - the way it's set up you can't tell which notch is the right spot until you've used it quite a while.

Heats up fast, glides over clothes and makes a lot of steam

from Ridgewood, NJ

Comments about T-FAL Ultraglide Diffusion Iron:

I really love this iron.  Others I have had constantly dripped water on my clothes because they weren't hot enough to make steam.  I am a busy working mom, and I can't sit around waiting to iron.  I like that this heats up as fast as I can get the clothes laid out on the board.  Another nice thing is that it makes a LOT of steam so it can really make smooth creases, even in thick garments.