3.7
Swiffer WetJet

Swiffer WetJet

3.7

Swiffer Wetjet: Convenient Mopping for the Busy Family

Mopping is an unpleasant chore. Fortunately, manufacturers of household goods have created many devices over the years to make the task a little more bearable. One of the latest is actually an enhanced version of a product first introduced years ago. The product is the **Swiffer Wetjet**, a battery- powered mop that is ideal for simple, everyday cleanups. **Mop Commentary:**** **Swiffer Wetjet is a device shaped like a small vacuum cleaner, with a long, straight body and a swivel head. The swivel head contains a disposable cleaning pad specially designed to attract debris. Just above the swivel head are two jets that transfer cleaning fluid to the floor for mopping. The midsection of the mop contains a space where a bottle of cleaning solution is attached and the cleaning fluid is transferred to the jets by pressing a button near the top of the handle.  Swiffer Wetjet has been around for a few years, but like I said above, this product is now new and improved. According to the manufacturer, the handle is stronger than before but the enhancement that you will notice more readily is that this version of Swiffer Wetjet has two jets instead of one, with a jet placed on each side of the head of the mop. A press of the button releases the fluid and the nice thing is that you have control over the amount of fluid that releases. A slight push releases only a small amount of fluid; a longer push releases more fluid. The fluid will squirt from the jets for the duration of time that your finger is pressing the button. The cleaning pads on the Swiffer Wetjet help aid in the cleaning process. They do not just push the debris around. They help trap the dirt and grime and lock it into place. The fluid also helps because it breaks up dirt and dissolves away locked- in stains. The fluid that comes with the Swiffer Wetjet starter kit has a basic, chemical/cleaning fluid smell that isn't very pleasant, but there are other refills for this mop that offer better scents.  Convenience is probably the main reason we use a mop like this so frequently. With the large amount of tile in my house, we don't have time to mess with a large, heavy mop or with a sponge mop that requires premixing water and cleaning solution in a bucket. We want to grab the mop, use it, and put it away in as few steps as possible. And the Swiffer Wetjet is really that quick and simple. About the only work necessary is to replace the cleaning pad when necessary and change the cleaning fluid when the bottle is empty. Other than that, there is little else to do. The fluid is used sparingly and is spread out so thin that it dries quickly.  With so many positive points, are there any bad things to say about the Swiffer Wetjet? Well, there are a few and the most obvious is the mop's cleaning limitations. This mop is intended for use on cleaning jobs that do not require much scrubbing. True, there is a scrubbing bar on the front of the mop, but this is still not going to be enough for a dirtier than average floor. The other disadvantage is the cost of cleaning fluid and cleaning pad replacements. Both are relatively expensive compared to the cheap cost of basic floor cleaning liquid and an occasional replacement sponge for a sponge mop. The starter kit contains a bottle of cleaning fluid and two cleaning pads to get you started, but you will need to replenish your supplies in a short time and the cost does add up.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Mopping is an annoying chore, but it is an essential task and manufacturers have helped make the task easier with their many inventions. Swiffer Wetjet is a very good cleaning device that makes mopping as convenient as possible and while it cannot handle the really tough cleaning jobs, it makes a good choice for the frequent mopper who doesn't have time to mix and rinse.

Quick and easy but not exactly what I would call "clean".

**Swiffer Wet Jet**

The **Swiffer Wet Jet** is a ready to use mop system that is intended to eliminate the old mop and bucket system.
Read complete review

**Swiffer Wet Jet**

The **Swiffer Wet Jet** works in 3 steps.  Squirt the solution on the designated spot, mop and then throw away the dirty mop pad.

The** Swiffer Wet Jet**  is very convenient for quick pick ups or spills but not what I would use to really clean my floors.  The refill bottles are relatively inexpensive and can be bought at any local retail store.  In order to use it you have also buy some pads to go on the bottom of the mop that you throw away after each use.

For me, I would rather stick to the mop and bucket instead of the **Swiffer Wet Jet system**.  Since I already bought the **Swiffer Wet Jet system**, I tend to use it for the quick pick ups or spills.  Once I run out of the solution and the mop pads, I won't rebuy them again.  I'll probably throw out the mop.

I love the idea of the **Swiffer WetJet System** and how it works great for some.  It just doesn't "clean" my floors like I like them to be "clean".

Like it but don't love it

from Cabazon, ca

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

It leaks when you are not using it. But when using it it's great.

Love my Swiffer Wet Jet

from redjessi

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

I love my swiffer wet jet. In my opinion it is like sweeping and mopping at the same time. The cleaning solution has a fresh long lasting scent that makes my home smell amazing! It cleans well and it helps keep the dog hair under control and the toddler spills. So easy to use, my 6 year old does it. I recommend this to those who want an easy effective floor routine!

Quick and Easy

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

This mop is great for a small messes. It, S quick and easy to use because you don't have to get a bucket of water, etc. The downside is the handle breaks easily and the nozzle where the cleaner comes out gets clogged. I wouldn't replace this for a good floor cleaning. Again I would use this for small messes.

Best floor cleaner I've used

from Maysville KY

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

Absolutely love my swiffer wet jet! It's so quick and easy to use and leaves my floor's shining and clean! The hard wood formula does wonders on tough to clean wood flooring, it smells Amazing. fro sure the best floor cleaner i have ever used! Highly recommend it!

great way to clean my floors!

from Maysville KY

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

I will not purchase another one of these.

from Austin, tx

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Efficient

Cons

• Weak Function

• Cleaning
    • Home

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

I thought this would be perfect after moving into an apartment with vinyl floors. Although it is a simple a easy way to sweep and mop small messes the durability of the handle needs to be improved. The joint where the silver bar and the purple handle snapped after two days of use.

cleans for a limited time

from Gurnee, IL

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

At first I loved it then I had to buy a new one because the hole that squirts out the cleaner wouldn't work. Come to find out it did the same as the first one did but on the first use. The first one lasted a month. Never will I buy another wet jet by swiffer for as long as I live.

Really love this product

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

I first had a regular Swiffer and just used the wet cloths. The problem is that they lose most of their wetness in the first little bit of a room. This means it either doesn't really get clean or you have to use multiple, which is a waste of money in a small room.

I love this wet jet. The cleaner seems to last forever and using the dry clothes it seems to get the floor cleaner. I can use the amount I need on a particular area and not worry about having too much or too little cleaner on the floor. Some spots that aren't used as much don't need as much of the liquid, but other areas or places where food is dried on need more. You just put a little button and spray what you need.

I think this is much better than cleaning the older style with regular mops because you have to put them in the sink (therefore getting the sink dirty from the floor), use dirty water, and it was just a mess. It is so much easier and cleaner to use the swiffer wet jet. I highly recommend it

Leaves a residue on tile

from Florids

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

At first I thought I really liked the Swiffer WetJet. I have used and loved the dry Swiffer pads for many years and they work extremely well. Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with the WetJet. I find that it leaves a residue on my ceramic tile. You can't see the residue, which gives a false sense that the tiles are clean and shiny, because they do look nice at first. But then after a day or two the floor is sticky and dirtier than before they wre cleaned. I wear slippers around the house and noticed how dirty the bottoms became. I quickly realized this couldn't be good for our cats. It would make sense that if the residue was causing my slippers to get dirty would also be getting on the cat's paws and then they would be injesting it, which couldn't be good for them. I switched to a steam mop and never regretted it for a second. My tile has never looked better! No residue to harm my pets or dirty up my slippers. Plus the added bonus of no chemicals at all!

Can't Live Without It!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Swiffer WetJet:

I don't want to even think about life before the Swiffer Wet Jet. Ha-ha! With 6 kids, one being a young toddler, and a dog, this thing is a time and life saver! It's so easy to use, clean and replace the cleaning fluid bottles, wipes and batteries. It's just a complete overall time saver and stress reducer in our home. I cannot count the amount of times during one day where I just say, "Just grab the Swiffer!" One of the best cleaning inventions of all time! It gets into the hard to reach spots easily and swivels, making it super easy to get inbetween areas and at the edges of nearly anything. The cleaning pads are so easy to apply and take off and you can see how well they pick up dirt because the proof really is on the pad! The Starter Kit was very inexpensive and although the maintenance purchases (cleaning solution and pads) are moderately expensive, they last a long time so it's pretty inexpensive when you look at it long-term. I rave about and recommend this product to everyone!