Other Mops & Brooms:

Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner

Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner: Beats the Shark Easily

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

Last year was the year of the steam cleaner for us. Having tried out a friend's Shark on our white ceramic floors, I was sure this was a product we just had to have. But not very long after trying out the Shark, our friends reported that it had broken. They replaced it with a Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner. So, when they went on summer vacation I got to borrow it and give it a thorough work-out.

**Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner**

Like the Shark, the Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner is essentially a single purpose steam mop. But unlike the Shark, the boiler and water tank are located on the floor. The 20 oz. tank will provide about 20 minutes of steaming after a brief 3 -5 minute heat-up. The handle is adjustable in length and extends to about 49". At minimum length, the Eureka can be easily used to clean counter-tops without feeling clumsy.

A chief difference between the Eureka and the Shark (aside from no pumping needed) is that the Eureka produces very hot steam (above 200 degrees). The shark produces a much lower temperature vapor by the time it reaches the floor.

The mop-head of the Eureka measures approximately 12" x 7" and it will allow you to attach virtually any type of cloth under its 2 powerful retaining clamps. Folded dish towels and Sham-Wows work very well. This is a big advantage.

Although the Eureka has a 25' power-cord, almost 4' of it run up the handle of the mop to a retaining clip. If detached, the cord gets in the way quickly. I recommend immediately using at least a 15' heavy duty extension cord for best results.

Once in use, I found that the Eureka worked best when minimum pressure was applied to the 5 lb. mop-head. A simple up and back pattern yielded the best result. Moving the mop briskly I found that it left very little moisture on the floor. I used it successfully on ceramic tile, sealed hardwood and laminate floors without any issue. The head swivels on the handle allowing you to get into tight places and under counter edges.

**My Viewpoint**

I think the Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner is exceptionally well designed for a limited purpose steam cleaner. Even though I decided to finally purchase the multi-purpose Wagner 905 1,500-Watt On-Demand Steamer/Cleaner, a canister based steamer, I'm still considering purchasing a Eureka 313A for the sheer convenience of use. If you're looking for a steam mop only, this is the one I highly recommend. It's modest price is an added plus.

Rudi

Eureka 313A STick Steam Cleaner go green

from Bethesda, MD

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

I have tried many cleaner.  After reviewing some comments on this steamer, I gave it a try.  It works very well.  It dissolve the dirt with the steam.  It is so easy to use.  You just push the cleaner to the area you want to mop, the dirt comes out right away.  Plus, I don't need to buy any detergent which are enviromental hazard.  My kitchen floor is very clean and I used it every week.  The best advantage is it is very light weight.  Great for kitchen and ceramic floor.  However, you need to vaccum the area before you use the steamer because the pad that comes with it only push the dirt around instead of trap dirt onto it.  You may need to refill the water tank after 10 mins which will be a hassle for a large area that you are cleanning.  That's the only cons.  But overall, it is a great product.

Works well

from Clearwater, FL

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

My husband and I bought a house about a year ago that contains over 1000 square feet of tile. It is a light colored tile, and very difficult to keep clean. We grew tired of mopping it, then waiting an hour for the floor to dry before we could walk on it again. This was especially difficult because we have two young children, and it was hard trying to keep them off of the wet floors.

I started searching for steam cleaners. The Eureka Steam Vac first caught my attention because of it's reasonable price. It also received mostly positive reviews on Amazon.

The Eureka Steam Vac is easy to use, and does not contain a lot of pieces. I love that it cleans with just steam, so there are no harmful chemicals on my floors.

Mr. McSteamy!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

I purchased the Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner after I had a bad experience with another steam cleaner. I read reviews from a lot of different sites and decided that this was the steam cleaner for me. After using it, I know I made the right choice!

My Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner came with 2 cleaning pads, a tray to set it in while it wamrs up/cools off, and a cup to refil the tank - everything I needed for sqeaky clean floors!

For starters, the cord is the perfect length. I don't have to replug the cord, which saves a little bit of time. The water holding tank is perfect too. I fill up before I start and still have water left when I finish. Unlike the other steam mop I tried, this one did not leave any standing water on my floor, just nice warm, clean, floors. I love that I can feel the heat on the floor, so I know that they are actually getting hot steam to clean and sanitize the floors. The pads work great, but if you need a new one, fear not. Just use a couple of dish towels. Using towels will leave some more water on your floor, but not if you double up and use 2.

I love this mop and will never go back to the mop and bucket again. This is easy to use, fast, and I am confident that my floors are clean and free of chemicals.

Cleans wonderfully!

from Quitman, LA

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

I purchased this steam mop back in December. I had always used the swiffer wetjet before buying this mop. It was getting so expensive to keep buying the solution and refill pads! I had always wanted to try a steam mop, so I purchased this one based on reviews I had read. I am so glad I did! It cleans floors exceptionally well and no need for chemicals. This mop gets really hot pretty quickly, and the steam really cleans tough dirt. It really pays for itself if you switch from the swiffer mop! The only thing I would change is I would make the pads slightly bigger, other than that it's perfect!

The Envirosteamer is the best wood floor mop

from Issaquah, WA

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

This is one of the best purchases I have made. I had previously used a floor clear that left a wax coating on the floor. I had no idea that thi coating was there until I used the Eureka Envirosteamer and the wax starting coming off.

I love that when I use this steamer I am only using water and there are no chemicals on the floor. It steams at a very high temperature so there is very little water left on the floor. I am amazed at how dirty the floors are every time I use it.

Great Mop For Going Green

from Grants Pass, OR

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

I purchased the Eureka floor steamer 6 months ago after moving from a carpeted apartment to a house that has primarily wood and tile flooring. I have been trying to minimize the amount of chemicals I'm using in cleaning and settled on the Eureka steam mop after researching several similarly priced floor steamers. Assembly & setup was a breeze, I was using it for the first time 10 minutes after I opened the box and I appreciated that it was packed well but didn't have a lot of excessive packaging to dispose of.The mop lightweight but sturdy. It does seem to put out excess water on the first use but the included pads helps asborb this without soaking the floor. The steam mop heats up in about 10 minutes so I usually run the vaccum over the floor to pick up extra crumbs and then the mop is ready to go.It dries very quickly and by the time I'm done with my kitchen 3/4 of it is completely dry. I use the mop on both tile flooring and sealed hardwood with no problems.The magic pads (it comes with 2) are very thick, not a thin microfiber cloth, and really seem to trap the grime. I do wish there was some sort of meter to see what the water level is at so when I unplug it to move to another room I know whether or not I should add water. It does have an indicator light but that comes on when it's already empty. The unit holds 12oz of water and comes with a 6oz measuring cup and a small funnel to assist with filling. Overall I would recommend the Envirosteamer, it is great to know my floors are clean without chemicals.

Great for the price

from Oakhurst, NJ

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

I waited a few months before deciding to review this mop because there are both good and bad things about it. One thing I don't like is that it comes with a styrofoam mat to heat up and cool down the mop before and after each use. I wish that it came with something a little more sustainable because I feel like that will not last as long as I need it to and I'm not sure what I will do at that point. Also, the mop is not as easy to push as I thought it would be. It's a little awkward to move and is pretty heavy. The one thing I do like about it is that the steam is actually hot enough to sanitize the floors so that is a big deal to me. I don't see a point to getting a steam mop unless it sanitizes because a regular mop would be so much easier. I had a hard time getting the handle put together the first time, even with reading the directions and I'm not sure why because once I figured it out it was pretty easy. Overall, while there are some bad qualities, I think it does it's job.

Eureka Envirosteamer is easy to use and works well!

from Bumpass, VA

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

I bought this steamer once my little girl started eating (and therefore throwing) solid food. We have a pre-finished hardwood floor, and I could just imagine the food particles sitting in the cracks rotting. Yuck! I wanted a way to sanitize the floors without drenching the hardwood. The Envirosteamer was the perfect solution! I read a lot of steamer reviews before I bought this, and this seemed to be a good match for us. Not too expensive, didn't get the floors too wet, and fairly safe to use around little ones. Once I started using it, I loved it! There are only a couple of things that I can complain about. First, the cord is SHORT. It works for my medium sized-kitchen, but I have to unplug it and move it around in the other rooms. Second, I find it takes a while to heat up (well, longer than I expected). Finally, the pads that come with it tend to shrink in the wash (I have never put them in the dryer), so you have to kind of stretch them to reach the clips. On the plus side, it does an AMAZING job cleaning the floors. Stuff that I thought would be stuck on for life (because I'm too lazy to bend down and scrub) came right up! It puts a fair amount of water on the floor, but it evaporates very quickly and I don't worry about it damaging the hardwood. Overall, a very good little machine!

Eureka 313A Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer is a winner

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Eureka 313A Stick Steam Cleaner:

I have tile floors that just seem to attract food and dirt.  I have tried several standard mops and cleaning my floors always involves a ton of work that leaves me with back pain my the time I am done.  I also hate the smell of most floor cleaners.  I decided a floor steamer mop would be the way to go.  I did tons of research and decided this one was the best steam mop for the money.  Once it arrived, I tried it out immediately on my very dirty floor.  It worked great!  It got all the crusted on food and dirt off my floor and left it very clean.  It did take more time than using a mop because you have to go over the same area several times to get it really clean, but it was easy work.  You just stand there and push it back and forth without any scrubbing necessary.  My favorite part is that it just takes water so no smells, no harsh chemicals, and no replacement costs for cleaning products.  Plus, the towels are washable so you aren't throwing anything away--which was my biggest complaint about the swiffer mops.  I don't like waste.  This is a great product.