3.9
Eureka
Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner

Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner

3.9

You won't get burned with this steam cleaner!

Lately, any time I try a product that really delivers on it's promises, I am happily surprised! I don't know if this is just my luck, or a sad fact that a lot of products out there don't measure up. The Eureka Enviro steam cleaner has left my floors clean and me feeling satisfied that I spent my money wisely.

I have 3 dogs and 2 kids and a husband. The dogs come in from the outside through the kitchen, tracking in the dirt and whatever else is on their paws. My toddler spends a lot of time on the kitchen floor.  So , I spent a lot of time mopping. But all our socks were still getting grey. I don't like using chemicals that the dogs could lick off from their feet or could get on the kids. The last steam cleaner I had (Lysol steam mop) fried itself out in short order and left the floor sopping wet!

So on to the Eureks Enviro Steam cleaner. I love this thing! It is easy to put together and the handle is of good height for medium sized people. I think if you were close to 6 feet it might be a little short. The weight in this machine is all at the floor so you don't have to push down as you are pushing forward. The Enviro steamer comes with a funnel for the water, and 2 very generous sized pads. These pads are very thick and well made. After you clean your floor, throw them in the wash. I hang mine to prevent shrinkage. The pads hook in on the sides very easily, there is no trick to it at all! The cord is a good length. I didn't have to unplug it to go from my kitchen to the bathroom. They are next to each-other, but still I was happy with the amount of cord provided.

All you do is fill the Eureka Enviro Steam cleaner with 2 cups of water with the cup and funnel provided and let the machine warm up on the warm up pad that Eureka supplies. My machine takes about 4 minute to heat up. You know it is on by a green light on the cleaner. Once you hear the steam, it is ready to go. There is at least 15 minutes of steam before an orange light comes on letting you know it is time to refill. The floor is dry seconds after it is steamed. (but your socks will still get wet.)

This thing is fun! I enjoy pushing it around, although i find I need both hands. It doesn't fatigue me, it just pushes better with both hands. The head swivels to get in different areas and it fits under my cabinets. That is one of the best things about the Eureka Enviro is that it gets under the cabinets! That is where I had the most build up of yuk. You do need to either sweep or vacuum first, of course.

This steamer uses no chemicals, only steam. I love that! And it really cleans, just look at the pad when your done and you'll be surprised at how much dirt you had on your floor. I mopped with my mop and earth friendly cleaner and the floor looked clean. Then I used my Eureka and the pad was deep dark grey! My baby had been crawling around on that!

I use this on my vinyl sheet floor and my tile, but the directions say use on all types of floor except vinyl tiles as the steam may damage the glue around the seams. I wouldn't feel comfortable using it on laminate, definitely check with the manufacturer before doing that. It is stated safe for sealed hard wood.

The Eureka Enviro steam cleaner is a good option financialy as well, coming in cheaper than a lot of other brands and still doing an excellent job. It appears well made and sturdy, time will tell how well it holds up to twice weekly use.

Good steamer if you get it for a good price

I must say that after I read all of the reviews from other websites, I was very excited to buy this product. It stated that it would be excellent for all types of hard floors. I have been using chemicals on my floors for years and thought a steamer would be a better option to use to help protect my children and pets from being around garsh chemicals. I received the product last week and couldn't wait to begin using it. It does definately provide steam on the bottom of the unit so I know that it is working and the steam temperature was noted to be at a higher temperature than other units in it's price range. The down side is that it only holds a very small amount of water so I end up having to refill the unit 3 times in order to finish just my kitchen floor. Also, the unit must be cooled down prior to opening the cap to add more water. It's not a lot of time, but at least 5 minutes of waiting time, and then 3-4 minutes for the newly added water to heat up and turn into steam. My main upset with this steamer is that it leaves alot of water on my ceramic tile floor. All of the grout taht holds in each tile is soaked and has to be cleaned off with paper towels, I thought that the unit would provide more steam and less water left on my floors. if you have lineoleum floors, I think that this product would work much better.

In a Word, …"Don't"...

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

Purchased this steamer based on reviews. Well, I must've gotten a defective model. First off, it doesn't actually make steam. Granted, it gets HOT, but to call it a steamer is a stretch. Second, the water well doesn't make it through a complete round of my kitchen floor before needing a refill. (I have a standard sized kitchen with a tile floor) And lastly, others have described the pads as,…"generously sized and thick…", well, while they are sized to fit the machine, they are far from "thick". I'd describe them as thin as your average dish cloth. Skip this machine! Once this one fails to get hot, and Lord knows, it will, I will invest in one of those bulky upright steamers since I have tried the Shark, the Haan and now this Eureka. All three have been fails.

Nice and simple

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

Cheap effective choice for hardwood/laminate floors. The item comes with the mop, two pads, and a funnel and cup to fill the tank. The only complaint I have is the short cord. This item doesn't use any solution or cleaners, which for me is fine as I never remember to buy the solution after my initial purchase.

I Must Have a Dud

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

I was so excited to get my Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner. Ridiculously excited. I live with the world's messiest eater, drinker, and cook, and all of the floors in our house are tile. I was sick of scrubbing on my hands and knees ... the Swiffer just wasn't cutting it.

I did a lot of research, and was impressed with Enviro's small size and thousands of raves reviews. I waited until it was on sale, and ordered one.

It didn't live up to my expectations. Yes, the water gets hot. Yes, the floor gets clean. BUT my unit LEAKS. A lot. A few of the reviewers said that they'd had the same problem, but that it went away after the first use.

It also has a rather short cord for my space and requires multiple fill ups to clean a room. Because of the leak, mine only works for about 6 or 7 minutes before it needs to be refilled. It's supposed to be unplugged and cooled down a little before you pour water into the reservoir, so it takes longer than I think it should to clean the floor. And since mine LEAKS, I have the added step of mopping water off the floor.

Unfortunately, I was so aggravated the first time I used it that it was awhile before I tried it again to see if, as the other reviewers said, the Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner would seal itself. It didn't, and the return period had passed.

In a nutshell, I'm stuck with a leaky rag pusher. It gets hot. It cleans the floor. It doesn't take up much space. I feel cheated out of the Nirvana-like experiences all the other reviewers seem to be having. "/

Love/Hate relationship with this steamer

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

I live in a 1300 square foot home. Most of the house is tile flooring, so we mop a lot. I researched steam mops for quite some time and decided on the Eureka Envirosteamer mop. The price is reasonable for a steamer.
The cord length was fine; the only down side was that it could only plug into the 3 prong type of outlets, which my house does not have a lot of. The handle folds into itself when storing (I always had problems making it longer) The mop comes with a little cup and funnel for adding water to the steamer. You are supposed to use two cups worth of water. You then plug the steamer in and wait for it to warm up (you can tell when it's ready because you will see steam coming from the mop). It takes a few minutes to warm up. There are also some cloth pads that attach to the bottom of the mop; you cannot use the mop without it. It comes with 2 and you can buy more if needed. I wish that I would have bought more!
The mop head is a little too big to fit in some places (like under my cabinets in the kitchen), but most mops are too big to fit there it seems. One thing I didn't like is that you could not tell how much water was left in the mop. Once it is out of water, a light will come on, but before that you have no idea. I always felt like I needed to use the mop until it was empty, and not store the mop with water in it. For this reason, it seemed like I was just mopping the same places again & again to get rid of the water in it. As far as getting things clean, I feel like this mop does well. I just don't like a lot of aspects of the design & the mop itself.

Excellent cleaner

from NA

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

I have been using this product for more than a year. The cleaning pads are very good and clean instantly all dirt and even absorb the dirt fast on the ground. The agent of the brand came to my house to show me a demo of the product and I was so impressed by the agent’s way of explaining the use and the price of the product that I could not refuse form purchasing the product. I used to find it a pain to clean the house with the earlier mop that this was a relief for me although it was double the price of the earlier product.

I have a complete stock of the magic pads which I regularly use and the product does its work in minutes. It has a very long cored which I find a relief as I do not have to bend a lot while cleaning the floor. It takes less than five minutes to heat up which is just amazing. I want to purchase another steam cleaner before this product stops working so that I do not have to worry much.

Great steam cleaner

from Elkhart, IN

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

I love using my steam cleaner and feel like my floors are cleaner, Doesnt remove quite as much as I hoped but than again my floors were pretty dirty. I does take a few minutes to heat up but after that I havent had to refill before completing the area I am doing.

Happy with it!

from Albany, NY

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

I actually don't mind mopping when I use this. I feel the floors are cleaner when I use it. When I bought it 2 yrs ago ? it had one of the highest temperatures for steam. That is what kills and cleans. It gets junk up if you leave it on for a minute and the fiber covers have held up well.

Much less trouble than a mop and a bucket.

from Princeton, TX

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

Using this steam mop is much less trouble than mopping with a mop and bucket. The floors dry quickly and it doesn't take long to heat up. You do sometimes have to make multiple passes with the mop over particulary dirty spots, but that is true with any mop.
I only have two problems with the steamer. First, the mop pads are barely big enough to clip onto the mop, especially after you've washed them (even without putting them in the dryer). The second problem is that the cap to the steam chamber tightens up as you use the mop, so that it is sometimes very difficult to remove it to refill. The last time I used the mop we had to use pliers to remove it.

Not as Hot as People Claim But Still Does the Job

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

I bought this steam mop, because there were so many good reviews, and I wanted to clean my floors without chemicals since my dog likes to lick the floor often unfortunately. People were claiming that the mop gets really hot which I have to disagree. I can keep the mop in one spot for over 8 seconds and it would just be a little warm when I place my foot on that spot. The first few times I used it also was a problem because it leaked and spat out too much water. Apparently this is normal which I didn't like but it's a lot better now. It does the job and helps get rid of the marks on floor. It also helps to make my floor less greasy/sticky feeling, and I at least know my dog won't be harmed since it's using steam. I do recommend it if it's on sale, but for regular price, I might have to look elsewhere.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Comments about Eureka Enviro Steam Cleaner:

This is an amazing product! I couldn't be happier! The eureka enviro steam cleaner is amazing. My floors are so clean! I have had this product for over one year and I dont have a single complaint! I have two young kids that leave the kitchen floor a sticky mess and this steam cleaner cleans it all up and leaves no residue since it cleans with just water. It also comes with reusable pads that was easily in the washing machine. Just dont dry them because they do shrink. I have used it ever day and still havent had to purchase replacement pads. The price point for this product is wonderful and completely affordable I would definitely purchase this product again and recommend it to all my family and friends.