3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Has every feature you could want.

This is the best iron I've ever used/owned.  It has every feature you could possibly want:  an easy to fill water reservoir that is drip free: select shot of steam from light to heavy settings; spray/mist feature; very smooth glide sole plate; retractable cord; sturdy base; retractable cord; automatic shut off.  It even has a "storage strip" that lets you know when the iron is cool enough to store.  I've always hated ironing & although it's never a pleasure, this iron almost makes it enjoyable.

I will not purchase a Sunbeam again.

The Sunbeam Retractable Steam Master Model 4230 is a very attractive design.  The idea of a retractable cord was a safety feature, I thought.  It has quite a few great features.  My problem is that it is top heavy.  When I set it down to move my garment, it has falled off the ironing board several times and damaged my floor twice.  It does not seem to glide across my garment and even seems to grab on the back end of the iron.  I am very unhappy with it and plan to replace it this week.  I have had it for several months telling myself I will get used to it but it fell again last night and damaged my floor again.  So it is gone!  I will be shopping again for a new iron!

Good iron for the price you pay

from Dallas,TX

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Effective
  • Irons Smooth
  • LIghtweIght
  • Retractable cord

Cons

• Doesnt get as hot as I lIke
  • Heats Slowly
  • Tends to leak

• At Home
  • Dorm Room
  • Travel

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I iron on a daily basis. My daughter wears uniforms to school and I iron every morning. We've had this iron a little over a year. I've put a lot of use to it. I will say that the iron before this one started peeling from the plate and was only a year old. So far so good with this iron. I dont see any peeling as of now. I like the different heat settings. Just turn the dial and choose the setting. It also has the steam feature, which I use frequently. Really helps get those tough wrinkles out. This iron is really quite affordable. We were on a tight budget and needed an iron so we purchased this one. I figured if it lasted 6 months it was worth it. A year later and still going. The only issue's I have with it are 1- the heating up time is slow. Sometimes I want a quick job and I'm waiting on it to heat up. 2-it tends to leak water sometimes. It can get annoying. The PROS really outweigh the CONS. I would consider purchasing it again.

Not worth the money

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I purchased this iron because it was reasonably priced, not too cheap, yet not the most expensive. It stated it was leak free which was important to me since I do not like to iron my clothes when they have water drops all over them. This iron leaked from the first time I used it. I thought I was doing something wrong in the beginning, so I tried to not fill it very much and it still continued to leak.
I had the iron set on the steam setting, however water would still spray out of the top and onto my clothes. I could not get the iron to just steam without water being all over my clothes.
This iron seems to take longer to heat up as well, which was an inconvenience when trying to get your clothes ironed in a timely fashion.
I was not looking for the best iron when I purchased this due to the price of the product, however I thought it would do a good job for basic ironing of clothes, but I was mistaken.

This Sunbeam iron would not get as hot as I would have liked, and is always leaking water.

Sunbeam steam master iron

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

This iron is awesome and very affordable! I hate when I get just a few wrinkles in my clothes, especially if I have somewhere nice to go, so the steam feature on this comes in handy. I love that you can use the steam both horizontally and vertically so you can steam dresses as they are hanging up. The normal ironing function works very well too, lots of heat settings. It has a retractable cord so you do not have to worry about a long cord to wrap up and an automatic shut off which is great. So far I have not found a fabric that this iron will not work on. Great buy!

Both the steam function and iron function perform very well. The steam feature is great for delicate clothes or suits. The iron has many heat settings and works well on pretty much everything.

Safety
It has a retractable cord so you don't have to worry about anyone tripping on the cord as the iron cools off. It also has an automatic shut off just in case you forget about it.

I have never had to clean mine so couldn't tell you.

It is very easy to use, just turn the dial to the heat setting you want and let it heat up. To steam you fill it up with water and hit the steam button as you steam your clothes.

Mine has held up very well.

It's fairly small so easy to store.

Good household iron

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

Good iron for someone who irons clothes now and then or does crafting.

Good general performance, this iron does drip though. It's not a real problem since the steam flow is great and the little drops just dry quickly. It gets my wrinkles out in a good amount of time.

Safety
This iron seems very safe to me, I have not had any problems with it tipping over and the auto shut off works well in case you walk away for too long.

Average cleaning. As usually it's a bit tedious to do a good job.

Easy to use, I like the weight of this iron, no too heavy but still has enough weight behind it to help pressing be efficient.

This iron will last if it is only used for small quantities if ironing now and then. If it is used for extended periods of time routinely it will burn out quickly. The retractable cord was a terrible idea, the spring broke after not many uses.

It's a little hard to not spill water when filling because of the design of the hole.

• Safety:

Lacks quality but irons well

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I bought the Sunbeam Steam Master 4222 Iron to replace an iron that I was previously using. It was an inexpensive iron and sometimes you get what you pay for. It seems to leak water unless I let it heat up for quite a while. Unlike my previous iron, this one actually may not get hot enough. I iron every day and it’s important to me to get the job done as quickly as possible. With the long heat up time and the leaking water issue, it felt like it was taking me twice as long to get my ironing done. Plus the lagging heat up time was awful if you just needed to do a quick touch-up on something. The Iron is lightweight which is one of the reasons I liked it. The plate is also nice and it glides really easily. The iron has a nice feel to it, it is really the quality in the product that is lacking. For someone who doesn’t do a lot of ironing this may be okay because it is light and does iron nicely.

Handy iron, good steam

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I view Sunbeam as a relatively inexpensive brand, but also a reliable one. This Sunbeam Steam Master Iron falls into that category: it is very affordable and works well. The port that you pour water into is larger than some irons, but still small enough that it's a bit of a challenge to get water into the reservoir without dribbling. The iron does hold a good amount of water, though, so you don't have to add new water too often. I recommend always using distilled water because the minerals in tap water (especially if it's hard water) tends to build up and clog the iron's steam holes. The retractable cord is a nice feature, especially if you're like me and your iron spends most of its days sitting on the shelf--it keeps things neat and organized. The iron itself works well and has a range of heat settings for different fabrics, plus buttons you can push for high steam, low steam, or no steam. I recommend this iron to anyone who needs just a general purpose, unfancy iron.

Standard, decent iron

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I'm by no means an iron connoisseur, and only iron about once a month, if that. This is a good, cheap option for those who need an iron to get out some creases left by the dryer or to iron a shirt that needs to look more crisp. It gets hot enough to be effective even on cotton, and is gentle enough to use on more delicate fabric. The only drawback is that this iron wasn't effective for "heavy-duty" work like putting in pant creases or ironing linen.

Takes rather long to heat up.

Buttons are all in comfortable places - no accidental pressing

• Safety:

Perfectly serviceable, a bit unwieldy but fine

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I've had this iron for about 5 years now, and I've found it to be perfectly satisfactory. Kind of bulky and unwieldy, but it gets hot enough for most purposes (sometimes it doesn't work that great when trying to fuse intefacing to fabric). I haven't used the steam that much, though the water does drip out from time to time. The retractable cord is a neat feature, though I feel like with too much use it might break. So, all in all, for the price a perfectly decent machine - not too beautiful, but it'll do for most of your ironing needs. If you're an accomplished sewer, though, you might want something a little more powerful. The balance is just okay - be very careful if you're going to be ironing around kids.

• Safety:

This Sunbeam Steam Master Iron is good!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

This Sunbeam Iron Steam Master 4222 is a very good iron. There are many features of the Sunbeam Iron Steam Master 4222 which I love. Firstly, I like the retractable cord it has as I no longer have to be wrapping up any long cords thus wasting time. All i have to do is press a button and voila the cord is put neatly away so I can store my iron away quickly and easily. Another feature of the Sunbeam Iron Steam Master 4222 which I like is its steam feature. It administers a great burst of steam, this shot of steam helps me to direct the steam right at the desired area on a piece of clothing which is just awesome. This Sunbeam Iron Steam Master 4222 is also very affordable considering that it has lots of nice features. I would recommend this Sunbeam Iron Steam Master 4222 to my friends and my family members as this iron is a great purchase. Not only does it have a lot of great features it is also at a great price making it a very good purchase.

Does not last long

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

This specific sunbeam iron has worked well when I first started using it but started to depreciate in value the more I used it. At first it was great; it would neatly press my clothes take out wrinkles and the steam was great allowing me to neatly crease and folds in my clothing. After a while the iron would take out wrinkles and the steam was still there but there were times I felt like the iron would stick to the clothes or woudl leave black marks on the clothing as I would iron them out. It started getting worse the more I would use the iron. I had tried calling the company to see if there was a way I could obtain a refund or replacement and had no luck in that department either. Overall if you are looking for a good iron I would steer clear of this one.