Other Teapots:

Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot

Pros

Cons

Sunbeam Mr Coffee the iced tea pot

As usual I am a tea drinker all year round but in the winter I like hot tea. When the weather starts to get warmer I am looking for something cool to drink for a thirst quencher and not only does the Sunbeam Mr Coffee the Iced Tea Pot make great iced tea in just a few minutes it is a hit for friends who drop by and find it very good. I had never purchased one before but am extremely happy with the results of the Sunbeam Mr. Coffee and Iced Tea Pot and would suggest it to anyone who enjoys iced tea. You make it when ever you want it so you dont have to worry about it lying around and it is done in a matter of minutes and you will be amazed how many people suddenly want a glass after tasting it just once. The get hooked.

Decent Tea maker for the price!

Safety
Just watch out for...Read complete review

Safety
Just watch out for burning your fingers!

It was a lot bulkier than I thought it would be. Instead of keeping it out on my kitchen counter, I put it away every time I use it because it simply takes up a lot of room. Other than that, it looks beautiful and works well!

I use it every day!

Comments about Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot:

I am a big tea drinker. We drink a gallon of tea a day easy. Having a tea maker that I can put ice in and cool the tea as it brews is awesome! I have always trusted Mr. Coffee brand, so when purchasing my tea maker, I had to go with the Sunbeam Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Pot. I must say that I am glad I did! I am very satisfied with this product! It is easy to store, just put the pitcher in the refrigerator, if your tea lasts that long. Cleaning it is pretty easy too, wash the pitcher with the rest of your dishes and just wipe out the tea bag compartment with a rag. The tea tastes like it was slow brewed, but it brews it fairly quickly. We have had our Sunbeam Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker for a couple of years now and it is still going as strongly as it was the day we got it. It is very durable, performs great, easy to clean, and we just love it! I love the design too! I would most definitely recommend this product!

• Safety:

This is great for casual tea drinkers and connoisseurs alike.

from West Virginia

Comments about Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot:

I received this tea maker as a gift. I decided I wanted to start being healthier and drinking more tea for the antioxidants and health benefits. I found that when I made tea myself I could never quite get it right. I would boil water on the stove or in the microwave and just place the tea bag in the cup to steep. It never tasted as good or as strong as I would like. If I added extra bags it seemed to be too strong or bitter.

The Mr. Coffee Ice Tea maker is great. I can put in one large tea bag or two or three smaller ones in the tea bag compartment. Then when I add my water, I can add cool or warm water to it. The machine heats the water up and brews it over the tea bag so that it is absorbing and dispensing the perfect amount of tea through the water. I love this feature because I don't have to slowly drip water out of my tea pot onto the tea bag. The machine does it for me. The tea drips out into the pitcher and the pitcher has a large lid that I can remove so that I can add sugar and stir. I can also add ice cubes to the pitcher and just use the pitcher to serve my tea.

If we're drinking the tea hot, I always wait a few minutes before serving because it comes out scalding. I usually drink ice tea though and with this machine, the teach always has a nice flavor and strength to it.

I love that the machine steeps the water to a great hot temperature and then brews it through the tea bags for great flavor. It does all the work and it tastes perfect every time.

Safety
It's really safe to use but I recommend being extra cautious when the brew finishes because it's easy to burn yourself when pouring and stirring.

This is so easy to clean. The pitcher can just be rinsed out but it's also large enough to put my hands in and wash. The tea bag dispenser detaches so I can clean that as well.

I've had my machine for over five years with no complaints.

It has a great design to it. The only thing this machine could do better is have a blending or mixing feature that stirs up the sugar, flavoring, and ice for me.

• Safety:

Just like the old fashioned tea

Comments about Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot:

I love this tea maker. It's a hassle free way of making old fashioned tea. The tea tastes like you've spent hours making it. It's great for making hot or cold tea and it's super easy to use. All you do is fill the pitcher to the indicated line and pour it into the machine, put tea bags in the machine, turn it on and after a few minutes, you have delicious tea.

This tea pot is so easy to use and it works great. It makes a nice amount of tea at one time. Extremely easy to use.

Safety
This is super safe to use. I let my seven year old son help making the tea.

I love the fact that you can just detach the pitcher and wash it with the rest of your dishes. The part of the machine that you put the tea bags in can easily just be wiped out with a wet sponge.

This tea maker will last forever. The tea maker itself and the pitcher are both heavy duty.

Cool design. Love the fact that the pitcher detaches. It makes for easy storage.

I love our Iced Tea Maker

Comments about Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot:

This iced tea maker has made my life so much simpler. Additionally, it is a perfect asset for any college student to have on campus with them. It's safe, sturdy and easy to use.

It is simple and quick to use, ensuring me that my family is never out of our favorite drink.

Safety
It is much safer than boiling water on the stove. This unit is contained and sturdy. I've never had any safety concerns with it which is why I sent my son (unskilled in the kitchen) off to college with one of his own.

My well water will cause it to slow down at times, but a couple of cycles of vinegar run through it and it is good to go again.

I've never had to replace my unit despite the large amounts of use it gets. If this doesn't suggest its durability then the fact that the one I purchased for my son to take to college should: it has been packed an moved several times and still works perfectly for him.

It sits nicely on the counter next to my coffee pot.---It takes up very little room and is always ready to go when I need it.

• Safety:

Decent Tea maker for the price!

Safety
Just watch out for burning your fingers!

Love iced tea!

from VA

Comments about Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot:

I am a huge fan of unsweetened ice tea. It brings back so many memories of when I was little sitting on my grandma's lap, sipping her prefect ice tea. Of course this is the old stand by of putting tea bags in a pitcher of water and making "sun tea", or buying the iced tea tea baggies, but I prefer iced tea from regular bags of tea. While sun tea is good, it takes quite a long time to make. So when I happen to be walking by a shelf and this machine caught my eye, I HAD to have it. It wasn't pricey at all and looked perfect for me. I got it home, added my tea bags (I like strong tea so when I add ice it doesn't dilute the taste too much) - I added 2 for a bit stronger tea. Added my water. And about 10 minutes later I had tastey iced tea made to perfection. The machine is so simple to use, simple to store, and even simpler to wash. I also wipe out the container that holds the tea bags to keep it fresh and clean. You can even use whatever tea bags you want. I like green tea or regular, but I made my mom a pitcher of raspberry tea last time she was here. So good! I highly recommend this tea maker.

Makes great iced tea!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot:

My husband is an avid tea drinker and although he usually drinks hot tea, it's nice to have some iced tea for a change, especially on a hot summer day. So I recently bought him this Iced Tea Pot. Sunbeam is a very good, yet inexpensive brand and this ice tea pot seems to be very well made and of good quality. My husband loves that this tea pot makes a pot of iced tea in just a matter of minutes. Because it is so fast, it makes it perfect for those hot summer days when you have unexpected company and you need something cool and refreshing to serve them, and you need it in a hurry. Just pop the tea in the compartment, add the water and turn it on. A few minutes later you have a pot of tea. Add ice and you're done. This unit is very efficient and it is very easy to clean. Just a quick rinse and you're done! With proper care, I am sure this tea pot will last a very long time. It is reasonably priced and I highly recommend it.

Sunbeam Mr Coffee Ice Tea Pot Review

from Miami, FL

Comments about Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot:

I love the Sunbeam Mr. Coffee Ice Tea pot. It brews tea just like it does coffee. You buy loose tea and place it into a filter and within minutes it brews tea for you. So much easier to make a jug of tea with this machine instead of dipping so many tea bags into hot water which is just tedious. Just add ice to make it cold or wait until it cools down to place in the refrigerator. The machine is made of plastic to I know it won't last forever. The parts are easy to remove and to clean. You can place it in the dishwasher or rinse it out by hand. I would highly recommend this product.

The machine performs just as you want it to. It brews hot tea perfectly.

Safety
The machine is very safe. I never feel like I will get burned.

Easy to clean. All the parts are removal.

Made of plastic so I don't expect it to last forever. It will crack if you drop it.

The design is fine. I only wish it was a bit taller than wide so it didn't take up as much counter space.

Outstanding Teapot!

Comments about Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot:

As a recent buyer of this marvelous product, i can proudly say that i am very satisfied with this. The Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot made it so much easier to make iced tea with. As soon as i bought this product, i had a pretty good feeling about its performance and what it's going to do for me and my family. As soon as i set it in the kitchen, it already felt like ive been using it for two years. What i'm trying to say, is that this product fit in well with everything else. I personally drink tea almost every single day, with me having to go through the stress of all the manual labor so i could enjoy my tea afterwards. The Sunbeam Mr, Coffee the Iced Tea Pot gives me much less work for this, so i could enjoy my tea much more in the end. I would always use this on a hot summer day, where i could make and serve some nice iced tea for me and the family that comes over during these times. Overall, i'm very satisfied with this product and i highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new Iced Tea Maker.

• Safety:

Lasts a long time and is easy on the wallet

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Sunbeam Mr. Coffee the Iced Tea Pot:

I've had this unit for more than 10 years. In fact, I have TWO units because I bought the 2nd when it was on sale so I'd have extra pitchers. Also figured I'd have the extra whole unit on hand for when the first one broke--but it hasn't yet! I use mine several times a week with no problems.

Works fine. Easy to clean. Has some nice option features with regard to how the water filters onto your tea bags. Lets you control the strength of your tea.

Safety
No problems in this aspect. The water in the machine is cool. It doesn't get hot until it's ready to be dripped onto your tea bags, and it won't drip unless the lid is on securely. Only thing you have to remember is that when the tea is done, don't take the unit apart until it's had a little time to cool off. You can get scalded if you're not careful.

No nooks and crannies to get into. Rinses easily and can be soaped up with no problems.

Mine is 10 years old and still going strong!

Does what it's been designed for.