4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Oatmeal, instant coffe and tea for everyone's breakfast!

My relatives had been using this Whistling Kettle (from one all medelco) on a daily basis for the past 10 years! They were absolutely in love with it. But they have lost the whistler, and couldn't find a replacement forever... Then, all the sudden, they re-discovered it on a K-Mart shelf, and it was about 10 Bucks! Certainly a bargain if you are a tea drinker, or like instant coffe and oatmeal. It's great for all your breakfast needs, is sturdy, and holds quite a bit of water. No more kids fighting whose oatmeal is going to have to wait. Cleaning is a snap, it is glass, so it will stay beautiful with very little effort. I've had other metal tea kettles before, but this one is way easier to take care of, and will promise long years of use. Just remember to use the enclosed heat diffuser, and don't break it... but if you do, now you know where to find it!

Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle

I bought the Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle because I liked the design. I wanted something simple and chic that could sit on the stove all day and look good. This kettle is made out of glass and completely clear. It is very easy to clean and the lid comes right off. Since it is clear, you never have to worry about missing a spot and not seeing something dirty in it. You do have to be very careful with it because you do not want to overheat the glass. If you just want to heat up some water quickly, this is a good choice. My only issue with it is the handle. It keeps getting loose and makes me worried.

Fantastic and attractive teakettle

Comments about Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle:

This kettle is durable and sturdy, and boils water quickly on top of our gas range. It is fun to watch the bubbles forming in the water as it begins to boil. The lid is easy to remove for pouring, but I have found it easier to pour from the side, rather than the spout, as using the spout can for some reason cause the water to spill.

Boils water quickly. The only difficulty is that sometimes it spills if you pour using the spout. I have solved this problem by pouring from the side of the kettle instead.

Safety
It seems very sturdy, but I am always careful to not bang it around too much, as it is made of glass.

Since it is clear, it does tend to show splatters and such from other foods cooked on the stovetop. But a little water and soap and a dishcloth take care of the problem beautifully.

I have only had this teakettle a few months, but so far am very pleased with it and have had no mishaps. I try to treat it gently, but since it is made of borosillicate glass I expect it to last a good while.

This is a very attractive kettle, and easy to use. The only difficulty with the design that I have is the spout, which causes the hot water to spill while pouring. I don't know why it does that, but simply not pouring from the spout solves the problem.

Best teapot ever!

Comments about Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle:

As a person that comes from an Asian family, we drink a lot of tea. At home, our tea kettle was breaking down from the constant uses over the years and it just wasn't doing a great job. It was a metallic tea kettle and the design was clunky. I knew that it was time to ditch the old kettle and replace it with a new one. After reading reviews from this website, I decided to purchase this Medelco stove top whistling kettle. I loved the design, it was clear and light weight and had measurement markings on the side which proved to be very useful. It was easy to clean and the tea and water though it might have been my imagination tasted so clear and so much better than the previous tea kettle. I am definitely going to stick to this brand for the years to come!

Really cool

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle:

I have purchased and owned the Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle and I really really loved it. It is a. Really good old fashioned whistling kettle. With this kettle make no mistake about when the water starts boiling when you hear the whistle it is ready to use. You can use it for manyany things. You can use this Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle To make instant oatmeal or instant grits (yes I am from the south) you can use it to make hot tea or hot chocolate or even instant coffee. As you can see this kettle is extremely versatile and very easy to use. You just fill it with water turn the Steve on high and wait for the whistle. Your children will also love this kettle just because it I really cool. I would certainly recommend this Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle to all of my friends and family and anyone who wants to go back to the good ol days. Also the price is really reasonable and it is super easy to clean. You will love it.

Perfect for Any Hot Water Beverage

Comments about Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle:

I love the fact that this kettle is made out of glass because there won't be any of the rusting and flaking that comes with metal and even porcelain kettles. This kettle by Medelco is simply indispensable for boiling water.

It is extremely easy to clean--it's dishwasher safe--and looks very classy. The maximum capacity is 64 ounces of water, but you cannot fill it to the brim or else the water will overflow when boiling. It's fine to boil 50-55 ounces at a time, which is a very large capacity anyway.

I like the whistling lid as I can leave the kettle and multitask and know when I have to come back without any guesswork. The plastic handle is very durable and remains cool to the touch as long as you only use medium-high heat. Pouring is easy, but you have to remove the lid before pouring. All parts of this kettle are pretty thick and sturdy--especially the glass. I would recommend this kettle to anyone.

Best Little StoveTop Whistler

Comments about Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle:

I've had my current Medelco for well over a dozen years and love it. I tried a prettily-colored teapot - you couldn't hear the whistle, it dribbled when you poured from it and the handle didn't feel natural. I immediately went back to this one.

It does its job efficiently, lets you know when the water's hot, and withstands life's bumps easily. It doesn't dribble when you pour from it and the pouring and handle both feel 'natural'.

Safety
The only drawback I can find is the lid tends to get WICKED hot - so much so that I've melted it and will replace the teapot at once.

It necks in just a tad too much to get a hand in it with a sponge. Otherwise it's a real easy 'scrub' and fits in the dishwasher well too.

This little pot has withstood some pretty serious Life Bashings without cracking or chipping.

I'm actually giving the teapot a 4 1/2 instead of the 5 due to the necking-in issue. Otherwise it's lovely.

Awesome tea kettle!

from New York, NY

Comments about Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle:

This was one of the best tea kettles I ever had. I had it for years and years and was extremely impressed by the quality for such a great price. The fact that it is made of glass is great because it doesn't make the water/tea/coffee taste metallicy and you can also see exactly how much liquid is inside. The whistle was also sharp so I could hear it even if I was in a far off room. The handle would not heat up unless the kettle was extremely full and needed to be on the stove above the flame for an overly prolonged time. My entire family loved this kettle but after much use, the metal ring around the top started to be less durable and was pretty loose. Overall, this is a great kettle, definitely worth it!

I replaced my 2nd electric kettle with the STANDARD

Comments about Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle:

Electric kettles have a short life, but this model has outlasted them all.

It is simple, but it works!

Safety
Careful, it is glass...temperature changes can be dangerous.

Dishwasher safe.

The most durable on the market.

Glass is beautiful!

from Indianapolis, IN

No Matter What Teakettle I Try, I Always Return To This One

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle:

Over the years I have had all kinds of different tea pots. I have had metal, enameled, Corelle....gosh the list goes on and on. One of the old standbys that I have returned to every time has been the Medelco Stove Top Whistling Tea Kettle.

This teakettle works every time. I just love it. It heats up quickly, shows the water boiling, and the top fits tightly and whistles every time.

Safety
This teakettle has never given us any trouble at all. I have had one for quite a few years with no issues. The handle has stayed on well, the glass has stayed in great shape, and the cap stays on tightly.

Because this is clear, it is harder to keep sparkling clean. I am not worried about that, however, a little bit of burned on spots does not bother me. Cleaning inside is very easy. My hand fits in well, and the inside cleans quickly and easily. I know that there is a good glass cleaner for the outside, but I have not bought any yet.

Although we have a backup of this teakettle, our original is still going strong after 8 years!

I love this design. The teakettle is clear so you can see when mineral deposits build up inside so I can clean it quickly and have a nice evenly boiling tea. The top is easy to put on and take off, and the teakettle works well on gas or electric stoves- even glass top

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Medelco Stove Top Whistling Kettle:

I received this Medelco Stove Top Whistling Tea Kettle as a gift for my most recent birthday. I've been in need of a good tea kettle. My last one had all of a sudden leaked black residue which appeared to be paint after about one to two years of use. This was the perfect solution. It is clear so you can see any buildup that might occur and its very easy to clean. It is glass so there are several precautions outlined in the instructions and it cannot boil on a high heat. I've also noticed that a lot of the newer tea kettles have a "fog horn" like sound rather than a traditional kettle whistle. This tea kettle has that more pleasant sounding whistle and no horn sound. It holds a good amount of water but I wish it had a higher water capacity. All in all this kettle does its job and its the nicest one I've had so far.