Other Teapots:
Q9401-16, Q9401-17, Q9401-2, Q9401-59, Q9401-67, Q9401-70, SS9401

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Le Creuset Tea Kettle: Hot tea anyone?

**Le Creuset Tea Kettle**As I’ve come to replace some of the hodge podge pieces of kitchenware that my husband and I have merged, Le Creuset is turning out to be a brand I like.  I have many casserole and serving dishes made Le Creuset but when I went to replace out old teakettle (It was rusting- yikes!) I found that Le Creuset offered a teakettle as well.  Teakettles are a pretty simple tool so you wouldn’t think that they would vary that much but actually there a couple of features about this one that I think are important.The Le Creuset teakettle has an ergonomic hand that is strongly attached on one side and arches over but remains open on the other end.  No more swinging and slinging a hot teakettle.  The ergonomic handle is comfortable and offers a easier and safer grip too.Another thing I have noticed is the “doesn’t get hot” knob on the lid is bolted in with a large bolt.  I wouldn’t have noticed something like this years ago but the longer I’ve been cooking, I’ve noticed how often the knobs on lids come loose, turn or simple come off and this is both annoying and unsafe.Otherwise, the Le Creuset kettle is pretty simple and functional.  In minutes we can have hot tea or hot chocolate.

The Le Creuset tea kettle comes in tons of bright and muted colors.  There's even a pink one.  Mine is bright blue but I think the "flame" red one is really attractive too.  ***My Viewpoint:*** We’re trying to enjoy more green teas, black teas and flavored teas each day both for the health benefits and for the relaxation.  You really have to sit down and get still to enjoy a cup of hot tea and as a busy parents my husband and I look forward to this most afternoons.  I like the look, design and functionality of our bright blue Le Creuset teakettle.

Worthless

This Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle has the wonderful whistle, trademark of Le Creuset teakettles, when the water begins to boil. It looks very elegant on the stovetop and seems pretty durable. No less is expected of this respectable brand, especially since I paid a pretty penny for this appliance.Unfortunately, there are some major problems. The handle goes beyond the edges of the kettle and picks up a lot of heat. I burned my hands on the handle before I knew better. An even bigger problem is that the lid is fitted so snuggly that I need to practically pry the thing off of the kettle to get it to budge. It was only after the knob finally broke off that I discovered that the threaded screw attaching it to the lid was only 4-5 mm long.The enamel has serious chipping issues as I have been very careful with it, yet it still chips. I discovered rust on the inside of the spout even though I have dried it after each use.

The best tea kettle I have ever used!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle:

I bought the Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle after getting burnt by the steam of my old teapot. I liked that the handle is so much higher than the spout which prevents steam from rolling over my hands. This tea kettle warms the water very quickly and is safe to use. I do not have to worry about my grip slipping because of how sturdy and wide the handle is on this kettle. I absolutely adore this product and even after much use it still works beautifully.

This kettle performs beautifully.

Safety
The raised handle and sturdy material it is made from make it easy to keep your grip and prevents burns from the steam.

This is very simple to use and a breeze to clean out.

So far it has held up nicely.

I love the design and the color of this tea kettle. The color matches the rest of my kitchen and it is elegant in design so I can leave it out when I am not using it without being embarrassed about company seeing it.

Love it

Comments about Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle:

I love this Le Creuset Demi Tea Kettle. It is just the perfect tea kettle. simple and easy to fill and clean. I love the old fashion style of it. The way the spout is curved makes it easy to fil your cup without getting burned by the steam or dripping the hot water. I love that is whistles when it is heated up. You can hear it from anywhere in the house so you never forget you put it on the burner. My mother always had a whistle tea kettle and I love it. This brings back memories of my Mom and I having tea after school. Now with the Malena exterior and pretty bright colors This tea kettle will add character and charm to any kitchen. Looks nice to leave out on the stove for a decorator piece between using.

Safety
The way it is designed it is very hard to burn yourself. The wood handle of course never gets hot.

Very easy to clean. Doesn't really got to dirty with only water being put in it. Outside wipes off easy . Stays nice and shiny.

As long as you don't burn it by having it on the stove with no water in it, this kettle should last for a very very long time. You will probably want a new one before this one wears out.

The design is the best part. I love the look of it.

• Safety:

Once I started drinking tea, I got a tea kettle!

from Chino, CA

Comments about Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle:

I never drank hot tea when I was younger, but now I've acquired a taste for it, and love to wind down the night with a nice cup of hot tea after dinner and washing dishes! I bought this tea kettle because of the lovely design and color. It looks so "olden day" and nostalgic. I didn't read any reviews before buying it because I don't think it would be worth the time. I'm sure most tea kettles would be able to do its basic job of boiling water and whistling when it's ready.

It boils water pretty quickly....depending on how much water you need of course. And it definitely whistles when it's ready.

Safety
It has a nice long handle with extra cushion where you hold it so that you don't get burned by the hot kettle.

It's so easy to clean, just like washing any other dish. Most of the time, it doesn't even need cleaning though because you're just boiling water!

This tea kettle has been very durable thus far, and I actually use it every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

I love the design. Not only does it look good, but it's safe as well. The red color makes my kitchen look very nice with that splash of color.

Fantastic tea kettle

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle:

My parents own this tea kettle. They have owned it for a number of years (I'm not sure how many), and seems to really like it. I have to admit, I like it more than the one my wife and I currently and have at home and will be buying this one as soon as our current model wears out. They use it for all the normal reasons you would use a tea kettle for example boiling water for tea etc but they also have some other uses for it. For example, my father likes to make his own soup and sometimes will brew it in the tea kettle with the lid off. Because it is so heavy duty it works really well for this, especially if it requires a slow simmer for a long while. As I said the Le Creuset tea kettle is heavy duty; most everything in their brand is. It also costs a bit more money than a regular tea kettle. However there is a huge bonus to all that. It will last you years, if not a lifetime. Its a european brand and their stuff is built to last.

Beautiful Teapot

Comments about Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle:

When I first saw this teapot, I immediately fell in love because it reminded me of when my mom or grandmother would take care of me when I was sick by making me peppermint tea. I absolutely had to buy this teapot and have it in my home because it just made me feel so at home. This Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle comes in handy whenever I want to make some tea in the morning when I wake up, before going to bed, or just when I want to share a nice cup of tea with a friend at brunch.

This was a great teapot because it would whistle fairly quick whenever I put it on the stove to prepare my hot water for some tea. I love how strong this teapot is and its bright red color really livens up my kitchen as a whole.

Safety
I did not find anything dangerous about this at all. Assuming you know how to use a stove and boil water, using a teapot should not be of any harm to you.

There was nothing hard at all about cleaning this as long as you don not try to clean it right after taking it off the stove because it will be really hot.

I have had this teapot for quite some time now and I think I will continue to have it for years to come because the build of it is very strong and sturdy with no problems at all.

This antique looking design is what made me fell in love with it and decide to buy it right on the spot. I have no regrets because it brings along good memories while making my home very welcoming.

Worthless

Makes perfect HotTea

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle:

This is pricier than other teapots on the market but it is worth the price.
I received it as a gift and I loved the look of it right away,its bright and looks nice in my kitchen,I realized after a few uses that it is also a great teapot.
It warms the water quickly and I love how durable the handle is,I pour the water without the handle moving,my other teapots handled moved a lot.
The paint does not chip away even after a lot of use , I have had it a year and it looks as new as the day we opened it,we also use it daily.
It is easy to clean and the water tastes fresh and it heats evenly.
I just love this teapot,I put it on the table when friends are over and it makes a nice centerpiece.
Great for gift giving since it is long lasting durable and the colors are unique

Heats evenly every time and makes fresh hot tea

Safety
Handle is durable and does not move ,this is not a flimsy delicate teapot
The water doesn't drip out of the spout

Very easy to clean and no weird residue left on the surface like other teapots
water tastes fresh every time

Paint doesn't chip
it is strong,long lasting and durable
I don't forsee needing a new teapot,this one still looks like new after a year of daily use

Bright .Colorful Bold and Welcoming
Makes a great gift that's long lasting

• Safety:

Perfect kettle for boiling water for tea/coffee!

Comments about Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle:

I really love this little red tea kettle! My aunt got it for me for Christmas and boiling water for my morning tea has never been so speedy! The handle above it makes pouring the water SO much easier because the handle isn't hot because it isn't attatched to the part of the pot being warmed!

Honestly the best tea kettle I've even owned.

Safety
SUPER safe! No hot handles on this puppy! I feel very safe when boiling my water and am not afaid some boiling water will slosh out and burn me like my other tea kettle!!

Kinda hard, but hey, its worth the extra effort!

Can take some banging around in the kitchen! So, I am pretty hard on my kitchen appliances, but this tea kettle has really held up pretty well!

LOVE IT! It is classy, and kind of vintage looking (I think anyways).

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle:

I purchased the Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle because it looked so adorable. It was small, red and fit my decor. Yes, I could have paid more attention to its product aspects, but I fell in love with the design. Fortunately, I got lucky, and the Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle is a great product. It is easy to clean and seals well while boiling water. In addition, it has a great handle that does not get too hot. The kettle has a whistle that is not too annoying. It's loud enough for you to hear it but does not make you deaf in the process. The kettle may cost more than other brands, but it is worth it.

• Safety:

best tea pot on the market.

from Crocker, MO

Comments about Le Creuset Demi 1.25 Quart Tea Kettle:

We make and drink a lot of tea in our home. We do a lot of hot tea, and a lot of brewed iced tea. This is a very durable tea pot. It has held up to a lot of wear and tear, and boils that water without a yucky taste like other kettles I've had in the past. I think its fabulous and everyone should have one, the only way to make great tea.