3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Never realized what I was missing

I will never be able to go without this monitor again. It's given me such peace of mind from the time my daughter was born, until now at 35 months. She was a reflux baby and sometimes she would have an episode, but not cry and she would have slept in it, if it wasn't for me seeing it on the video monitor. She also got to where she would stick her legs through the rails on the crib and get stuck and not cry about it, so I would see her and go rescue her. I keep the monitor in the living room so I can see her when we watch movie or if I'm just cleaning. I've always wondered if maybe she didn't cry as much because she knew I would always be there, she never had to scream and cry to get my attention.

I love, love the night vision on it! Now that she's in a toddler bed, I can see when she gets out of bed to play with her toys and I can tell her to get back in bed and she does and goes to sleep. I really feel like it's helped so much with transitioning her to the toddler bed. I was able to see that she had fallen out of bed and put her back in.

My only complaint is once we moved twice and both new houses, the unit gets a lot of random static, so I had to end up buying a separate unit for sound, which I ended up liking since I could take it around the house with me. You can sit and watch the monitor and it was flicker in and out about every minute or so. My unit is out of warranty, so I never called to find out why it does this.

Either way, I will never have another little one and not have a video monitor.

Sound/Video Clarity
Worked great in an older house, but the two new houses we've lived in has A LOT of static interference, regardless of the channel it's on.

Interference
Again, it's annoying in these newer built houses.

Portability
You can move it if you want, but it's bulky.

Not the best nor the worst...

This video monitor is just okay. The picture is very clear during day. But I can't say the same about dark hours. Especially if your camera sits far away from the object (baby) the picture is very grainy. Also if monitor is placed far away from camera with many walls in between it gives a lot a static. I keep it outside of my bedroom, or else I can't fall asleep from all the static. What I really like about is is that cord are very long! And I also like that if you shut off volume completely there is a light bar that shows you the level of noise. Overall for this price it is an okay baby video monitor. However I would not recommend it for people with double-store houses.

Sound/Video Clarity
Video is good when it's light. Sound is good, but static.

it is just okay

I bought mine from someone, and used it for about a year. it still works so I am planning to use it again when my new baby arrives.

Portability
It is small enough, so you can move it around. But it has to be plugged in.

It works

Comments about Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor with 5" Screen:

When I first went to register for my baby shower this was the most advanced baby monitoring system available in the store at the time. Now they have the small baby monitors with video but at the time this is all that was available that you could see and hear the baby at the same time. First of all the monitor is huge and it literally took up half of my nightstand. Also every time you turn this screen on and makes this very high pitched noise. I do like that you can adjust the volume. The problem with the volume, with this particular baby monitor, is the fact that when you do have the volume turned up it is very static filled. It's like a constant humming noise. Also the video it's self is not very clear. Sometimes the screen gets messed up and does not work properly. Now that there are better monitoring systems available for purchase I would not recommend this particular baby monitoring system because it is very overpriced and it takes up a lot of room and doesn't work very well. With my next child I do plan on purchasing a better video monitoring system. After two years I don't really see the point of even having it anymore I really only use that for the first year of your baby's life.

Sound/Video Clarity
Lots of white noise with this video monitor. Very loud.

Interference
There is a lot of interference with this video monitor. Especially when you first turn it on.

Love this monitor

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor with 5" Screen:

This monitor has been great. We had purchased a monitor that did not have a camera for our second child. I quickly wanted a monitor with a camera and my husband finally gave in and let me buy one. I went with this one since it wasn't as expensive as some of the other ones and it has been great and WELL WORTH IT. I don't mind that it is black and white, the picture is clear very easy to see what my baby is doing. I don't know how I could live without having this monitor. Its great to be able to see her when she is crying and when she falls back to sleep without having to go in her room. I love this monitor and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a video monitor without the high price.

Sound/Video Clarity
It is black and white but the clarity is great. The volume has 3 settings along with mute.

Interference
We have never experienced any interference with this monitor.

Very durable.

Portability
Easy to move and position in the babies room.

Love the idea

Comments about Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor with 5" Screen:

I love being able to see my child in his room at nap, play and bed time. Before getting this i would check on him all night. Now that i have this i keep it on at night in our bedroom and can hear ever noise or cry. The picture is clear and sound is great but only in certain areas in our room. If it is to close to a electric item it makes a fussy low pitched sound. It has to be somewhere there are no lamps, alarm clock, tv, or any other electric item. Have owned for about 2 years and it still works great in the spot i have it. I do love the green light on the camera, it acts like a night light for my son. He sleeps in the dark other then the green light. It is not bright at all more like a low glow.

Sound/Video Clarity
great sound you can hear everything going on even coming from other rooms with a loud tv or radio. The picture is great, it's black and white day or night it looks the same.

Interference
It can't be near a tv, lamp, alarm clock or anything thats electric. Makes a fuzzy low pitched noise that gets is very annoying. But if put in a spot without anything it works great.

Have owned about 2 years and have had no problem with durability. The camera is stationary and never moves.

Portability
Would be nice if the screen was a hand held device that could move with me. But if i am in a certain room i could just unplug it and plug it back in.

• Portability:

Keeps me aware and them safe.

from Yakima, WA

Comments about Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor with 5" Screen:

Although I would have preferred a slim model video monitor, it wasn't in the budget and this Summer video monitor was! It works great since my children are upstairs and we are downstairs. I can see and hear how they're doing at any given moment. It does have some quirks but it doesn't affect the overall use of the product.

Sound/Video Clarity
There is often interference in the sound. It doesn't affect my ability to hear the kids but it is annoying.

Sometimes the camera must get knocked weird and it doesn't transmit video, only sound. It's annoying but has gone back to full use each time I've "fiddled" with it.

Portability
This monitor is big and needs to be plugged in. You definitely need to set it up and leave it there!

• Portability:

Not the best nor the worst...

Sound/Video Clarity
Video is good when it's light. Sound is good, but static.

it is just okay

Portability
It is small enough, so you can move it around. But it has to be plugged in.

• Portability:

Works great for a little while.

from Pelzer, SC

Comments about Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor with 5" Screen:

I loved my monitor all through my first baby. I loved the screen size. It worked great unless you had to turn the sound on and then there was so much static it was annoying. And after about three years it stopped working and had to buy a new monitor for my new baby. Very aggravating you would think they would last through more than one child. Would not recommend this monitor.

Interference
If you live close to other houses you have to be careful because it can pick up another baby in another house. Pretty scary.

To big to tote around.

• Portability:

Great When It Actually Works!

Comments about Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor with 5" Screen:

Just a few months after purchasing the speaker started making loud popping sounds then stopped working. It seems to work whenever it feels like it now. The screen is so bright I usually end up turning it off to be able to sleep so it's basically useless at that point. Also, I was unable to mount up high on wall to get a better view because of interference so it sits on the dresser and is the first thing my son grabs when he gets up most mornings.

Nice baby video monitor!

Comments about Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor with 5" Screen:

I have only had my summer infant baby monitor for a little over a month, but it has been pretty good so far. The quality of the screen is pretty good, but nothing spectacular. You can see your kid and what they are doing, which is all I really needed it for anyway. The volume is a little annoying on it. Its pretty loud even on the lowest setting, so I always turn the monitor off when I go to bed. I mainly use this monitor for naps during the day. And I would definetely recommend this product if thats what you are using it for. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you want to have the video on all night though. The screen size is perfect and its pretty simple to use. There are a couple of channels you can try to use to get the picture you want on the monitor, but I have only been able to use one. The other channels are extremely fuzzy and blurry. Overall I would say this monitor is decent. If anything changes I will let you know.

Sound/Video Clarity
The sounds tends to be too loud, even on the lowest setting. But the video clarity is great. Occasionally the screen will get a little fuzzy, but I just have to adjust it a little and its fine.

Interference
I haven't had any interference with my monitor yet, but I know of people who had this monitor that did. I'm wondering if its because I live in a neighborhood with older people so nobody else has a baby monitor around me?

The durability seems great. I haven't dropped it or anything yet, but I take it around the house with me everywhere and plug it in and out all the time. Still works great for now.

Portability
I take this monitor with my around the house everywhere. It's a little bulky, but for the price who really cares right? I would say its very portable.

Never realized what I was missing

Comments about Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor with 5" Screen:

Either way, I will never have another little one and not have a video monitor.

Interference
Again, it's annoying in these newer built houses.

Portability
You can move it if you want, but it's bulky.

Summer Infant Video Monitor is just ok

from Houston, TX

Comments about Summer Infant Day & Night Baby Video Monitor with 5" Screen:

The Summer Infant Day And Night Baby Video Monitor is ok. The screen size is nice and the actual camera you put in the baby's room is easy to hang up. But while the picture quality is good, the sound is awful. In fact, we keep our sound completely off because even the lowest level is too loud. Another con of this item is that we often pick up our neighbors monitors and we live in a neighborhood with houses, not an apartment building. We pick up a baby that is three houses down the street. This gives me a very eerie feeling knowing that those neighbors also pick up our baby video. While I wouldn't recommend this to others out there, there are not alot of others to choose from either. I would definitely shop around before purchasing this particular one.