4.9

4.9

No problems!

from Irvine, CA

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Accurate
  • Compact
  • Discreet
  • Easy To Set Up

• Safety

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

I previously had an older Motorola baby monitor but it stopped working after just a few months of use. I called Motorola and they replaced my old monitor with this model without hesitation.

We have been using this model for over a year without any problems. We simply love it. It is easy to set up, the visuals are very clear and it picks up any and every noise, which is a good thing, in my opinion.

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is why the monitor turns off as soon as I unplug it. It has a battery so I know it still works but I don't see anything on the screen. For me, I prefer to have the screen on all the time, even when I sleep, so I don't have to push a button to look at the monitor. But I understand how the LCD light can bother some parents.

Additionally, the price is great for the quality that you get and Motorola is a very reputation brand.

Overall, I love this monitor and would recommend it to any parent!

• Primary use:
    • Personal

works well

from Sacramento, CA

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Accurate
    • Compact
    • Easy To Set Up

• Safety

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

I purchased this baby monitor system because a friend who had a baby was going to be visiting me and I intended on gifting it to her when she was leaving; which I did. I thought it was a bit pricey, though. My experience with the unit is that the picture is really crisp, which I thought was a pleasant surprise. There is an adjustable brightness feature which is a really good thing when there isn't much contrast between the color of your carpet and the color of things such as dropped toys/pacifiers. Relative to the physical aspects of the unit, I liked the kickstand feature which made it easy to place the unit upright. It is expandable so you can purchase more than one camera. Since my friend only has the one child, at this point that is not a big issue, but later down the road when she may have more the scalability feature will be a good one. The audio portion was very clear, picking up gurgling noises quite accurately! The battery seemed to have a very long life and there is a feature that switches the battery off when the unit is unplugged. We did learn one thing the hard way, though. My guest room houses my internet router. That is the outlet that has the power strip plugged into it. We used that outlet to plug into. So, the receiver was very closed to the router. This caused some interference. It took me awhile to figure out this was the problem, but once I did and we changed that arrangement, things worked out very well.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Coolest invention ever!

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

I have started using the Motorola video monitor while babysitting my niece, who is 5 months old, and it is awesome! I love being able to check on her without going in the room. Sometimes nothing is wrong but going in to check wakes her up. With this, the camera is in an out of the way spot and isn't at all intrusive. I also love the "intercom" feature, which will be good in a few years when she's a little older.

Sound/Video Clarity
      The video quality is pretty good for what it is. I don't expect HD quality, but you don't need it for something like this. You just need to be able to see if the baby is actually in distress or just making noise because they can, which they do sometimes.

Interference
      I really haven't noticed much interference at all. It does making a clicking sound every few minutes, but that's it.

This monitor seems to be pretty durable. I'm not hard on things, and I think it will last for a long time.

Portability
      The monitor unit is definitely small enough to carry around. It's about the size of a bar of soap, so it will fit in most pockets. I've taken it all around the house and even outside and never lost the signal.

Love this monitor!

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

My husband and I started off with an audio-only monitor because we didn't think we needed the bells and whistles of a video monitor. The audio monitor worked fine for the first few months but once our son started standing and moving around more in his crib we knew we needed to make the switch! We did a lot of research and read many reviews on several monitors but this one always came out as a top choice.
      I love that this monitor is easy to use and easy to install. We have had this monitor in two different rooms and it was easy to mount in both places. We also bring this monitor when we travel and just prop it up on a high surface to see in the pack and play. The picture is clear and it is nice to have the option to zoom in for a closer look (especially in those first months where you want to see your little one breathing!).
      The only thing I don't love about this monitor are the lullabies that it plays. They are loud and sound like bad church organ music. I really wish that they were more soothing. Overall though, this has been a fantastic purchase. Gives me great peace of mind and is easy to use!

• Portability:

Motorola Digital Baby Monitor - awesome!

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

This is the third video monitor we've used and this one is by far our favorite. The video quality is excellent and includes ability to zoom in, night vision, and walky-talky feature. The battery lasts a long time and (most important to me) the monitor doesn't interfere with other electronic signals in our house. We recently purchased a second camera so we can monitor two rooms in the house through one base.

Sound/Video Clarity
      great quality video and sound. The monitor far surpasses other monitors we've used, and the zoom feature is great.

Interference
      zero interference for us thus far - HUGE plus. Other monitors have interfered with out remote controls and home phones... not issues thus far so we're super happy.

Despite a few drops from out kids, we haven't noticed any impact on the monitor. The battery on the base unit has lasted several months without losing strength. We charge it at night and periodically during the day.

Portability
      Very small unit, about the size of a iPhone - a but thicker. Has a stand-up base so we can put it just about anywhere.

Amazing baby monitor

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

Best baby monitor ever! Easy to install, easy to use and easy to see screen shots. The night vision screen is so clear-even to the point of begin able to see the pattern on my baby's sheets in his crib!

Sound/Video Clarity
      So clear--even at night with its night vision. I wish the lowest setting of volume was a bit lower--sometimes i wake up at night because my son moves in his sleep and the monitor picks up on the sound. Otherwise the clarity of the video is amazing. Can see the patterns in my sons PJ's and sheets even at night.

Interference
      We have never had any interference with the monitor. We have a lot of electronics: Two TVs, two laptops, two smart phones and we live in an apartment building.

My son thinks the parent side monitor is a camera, and chucks it around the house like a ball. Has yet to get any dings or scratches, along with never ever needing any repairs.

Portability
      works all over the house (small 2 bedroom condo). Easy to travel with because child side mount isn't screwed into the actual monitor. Able to use outside of the house when on vacation.

• Portability:

The Best Monitor Out There!

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

We are in love with this video monitor! There are so many features that ensure that your baby is safe and happy while sleeping. Some of our favorite features are: the voice feature where you can speak to your baby through the monitor (I like to use this when he wakes up unhappy to ensure him that I am on my way in there to get him!), the temperature gage (this allows us to ensure that his room is at a comfortable temperature), the night vision (this camera has excellent and clear night vision), and the zoom in capabilities (this allows me to get close enough to ensure that he is breathing!) Some other great features are a flexible volume setting, music and lullabies that play through the monitor, a beautiful clear handheld monitor screen with a kickstand, a great clear daytime picture. We love watching our little guy play and interact after he wakes up from this nap on the monitor. The best part, is that when he wakes up at night, I know exactly what he wants and needs, and can watch as he either puts himself back to sleep or know if he needs me to get him. This monitor has saved my sanity. I love it and would purchase it again and again!

Sound/Video Clarity
      The sound/video clarity is absolutely perfect! A huge difference from other monitors!

Interference
      There is absolutely NO interference!

We have dropped the handheld, my son has chewed on it and thrown it, and it has gotten a lot of use but no visible wear and tear!

Portability
      The little handheld is perfect for toting everywhere. We bring it upstairs, downstairs, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, even outside sometimes!

Great Product!

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

We really do love our video monitor! As first time parents, it was important to us to be able to watch and not just hear our new son. I've rated the monitor a 9 because I feel like there are a few areas that could use improvement, but overall I am very pleased with this monitor.

The color display is nothing like what you see in the photos, however it's just fine to see what we need to see. The night vision works really well and we have no problem seeing our son when he's asleep at night.

The controls could use a little work. It would be great if the buttons lit up at night so you could see the controls a little easier. I also would love an option to either keep the display on or off - currently, the display stays on only when plugged in, and automatically shuts off after a few minutes when not connected to the charger.

We never have any interference or issues with the monitor working. The range is also very good! I've taken the monitor outside with me to walk the dogs while our son sleeps and the picture and sound were still crystal clear!

The monitor would be even better if there was a belt clip so you could clip it to your pants as you walk around your house. Not as easy to carry it everywhere with you, however the volume goes high enough you can hear a crying baby from a few rooms away.

Overall, a great product that we are very happy with.

Love it!

from Orange Virginia

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

Was given this monitor as a gift ! Wanted it because our newborns room is across the house from ours. Boy was it one of the best gifts we've ever gotten! I highly recommend this to any parents whom are more at ease when there child is in sight at all times !

• Portability:

Great for child sleeping on different floor than parents

Comments about Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with Color LCD Screen MBP33:

We bought this monitor when we moved our then 2 year old into a new room in our finished basement. It's a little bit of a walk through the house to get to his room so we wanted to be able to see him, not just hear him. We've had this for 2 years now and still love it. We use the talk feature all the time to tell him to stay in bed. The music is kind of a joke and have only used it as a distraction when he was having a tantrum about being in his room. It's very mechanical and not soothing at all. After two years of having this on 24/7 we've noticed that the picture is getting darker and darker. Obviously we use it mostly as night at have the brightness turned up all the way now so we can make out our son laying in bed. My guess is the infrared on the camera is wearing out. The battery was the first thing to go. We can only have it unplugged for a couple of hours before it starts beeping at us. Less if you have the screen on the whole time. I love how compact it is and that was one of the reasons we went with this one instead of the Summer brand monitor. We needed to bring it into the TV room with us in the evening and then would plug it in when we went to bed. In hindsight I would have like the bigger screen, but it didn't think it was worth the price difference at the time. I would definitely buy this again .

Sound/Video Clarity
      Sound is great, but over time and video has gone dark.

Interference
      Only time we lose a signal in the house is when we're downloading something on the internet. We can bring it out into the garage but not much further.

Portability
      Would be nice if it had a loop or something to hold onto, but it fits in your hand nicely and it's light.