Other Baby Monitors:

Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor

Pros

Cons

The Summer Infant Monitor is a must have for all moms

When trying to decide what items to register for you feel like you have never spent so much time on the computer reading reviews in your life. I read so many reviews about what one to get I would end up walking away frustrated and still not close to making a decision. Many monitors say they stopped working after a short usage time. This monitor had good reviews causing me to make my decision on this one.

There are so many features of this one that i like, its color screen-although we dont really use it much because it is always dark in my sons room when hes sleeping (camera turns to black and white when its dark). Camera has the ability to turn the sound on and off. Before when my son was little I kept it on, now i turn it off and the lights on the front tell me when hes crying-if it changes to red-hes crying or making noise. It has a long range as well, i can be in the yard with no problems.

This is my favorite monitor I have seen!

love hate relationship

I first saw this monitor at a friend's house and she loves it, so i thought i must have one!

I have been very disappointed with it overall. Don't get...Read complete review

I have been very disappointed with it overall. Don't get me wrong, it is Great to be able to push a button and see my child sleeping or playing without having to disturb my child. THe reason i do not like this product is that it malfunctions constantly. i push the button to view and the screen goes white. for hours. days even. finally i unplugged the camera and tried again, it worked!   and this has happened more than once. but why did i even have that problem in the first place? another malfunction is occasionally the screen freezes. i thought i heard my child screaming in another room so i check the monitor. peacfully asleep. i can still hear yelling from across the house, i go to check on the baby and yes there is panic and yelling and tears. poor kid. and again this has happened more than once.

Another thing i hate, hate hate about it is the battery. after two hours unplugged they go dead. the monitor then needs to be tethered to a wall to be useable. completely unportable which was one the pros in the first place.

the few things that i do like and why i put up with the darn thing is the zoom function and panning the room function. no other monitors i have found do that. those functions are very handy.

if i had to buy this agin i do not think i would.

I Love Seeing My Baby

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

I got these when we first moved into our new house from our apartment and my daughter had her own room for the first time since she was born. I am a very paranoid person and am always worrying about kidnappings and babies that are passing away from SIDS. When I got these I was so happy. I love being able to sit there and watch my daughter as she is sleeping or playing in her room. I feel more at ease and have more peace in my heart knowing I can just look and know that she is perfectly safe. I love these monitors because the camera rotates 360 degrees and you can see anything and everything in the room. The camera monitor sometimes shuts itself off or I have to press the buttons more then once for it to do the command that I want it to do. But I would like to think that that is from where my daughter has played with it some and thrown it on the floor a time or two. The picture is clear as day and has night vision which I absolutely love.

• Portability:

No complaints - great purchase.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

I love being able to see if my little one really needs me or is just fussing about - and this video monitor fits that bill perfectly. We were concerned about the concept of "interference" but have actually experienced none with this monitor. Nice big screen and great sound.

Great peace of mind!

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

It is worth the extra money to have the camera be able to pan and room. Its not an issue when your child is very small and does not move from the position that you lay him or her down in but when they can turn over and move it can be hard to be sure exactly at what your looking at! Head or rump! LOL But with the camera being able to move you can tell easily what way they are laying. I highly recommend this monitor.

• Portability:

Good product. Short life.

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

We can't live without our video monitor. However, now that we're hooked, we've been very disappointed at the short life of the Summer Infant Best View model. We are on our 3rd one of these monitors in under 2 years. Luckily the first one was under warranty, but the replacement that Summer Infant sent us broke within a year as well. So we have now purchased 2 monitors and 3 cameras. We are too invested to choose a different brand or model now. Having said all of this, this is a great product when it works.

Sound/Video Clarity
Very pleased with sound and video.

Interference
If you have a wireless connection you might have some glitches.

We're on our 3rd monitor in under 2 years.

Portability
Love the belt clip.

• Portability:

Good but very poor after sales

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

This unit is very good but interferes with our neighbour's tv and garage door when we contacted summer they didn't want to know saying it is not their problem, tell your next door neighbours to change their channels,but problem's still there, so as summer say buy from a better company

Great..if you use it

from Decatur, IL

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

This is a great baby monitor that allows you to have both sound and video of your child on a handheld monitor. Honestly, when we got it as a baby shower gift we were really exicted to get it out and use it. Unfortunately, we never used it as often as we had imagined we would. Not because it was a bad monitor or anything. Just with the layout of our home our livingroom was right next to our daughter's room, thus if we were worried..we would just get up and go crack open her bedroom door..instead of bothering to use any sort of baby monitor. If we had used a monitor more often however..I would definately recommend this one. It had a really clear picture and the sound picked up nicely on the handheld reciever.

Best view baby monitor is great

from Marietta, Ohio.

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

I got this monitor as a baby shower gift from my mom. I love it! It's one of the best gifts that I got. It has a very clear picture of the baby and excellent night vision. The range is pretty good, it could be a bit better. I did have some issues with the battery life. I called customer service and they were very helpful and sent me a new battery free of charge, I did have to pay s&h though. I still had the same issues, if you keep it charged when you are not using it, you should have no problem. I had mom memory and kept forgeting. Over all I love this baby monitor, it's very durable and will last a long time. I would recommend it to any mom, it's more comforting seeing your baby than just hearing it. Just remember to keep it charged.

I love the Summer Infant Monitor

from Huntington, WV

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

I absolutely love that I can see my baby when he is in his crib and not have to disturb him by going in to check on him. The range is very good. Even when he is asleep in his room and I walk to the back of our large yard to put the dog outside the monitor still works! The battery dies pretty fast, but if I keep it plugged in at night time, its good for the whole day!

Don't know what people do without video monitors!"

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! I chose this model because it is digital-meaning no interference. Some friends have the other summer infant video monitor and actually saw a different baby a couple times! That has never happened with this one. I love that you can move the video monitor around and also zoom in and out. It has a night mode so you can easily see the baby in the dark, and it picks up on all the noises too. The best thing about having a video monitor is that I can easily judge whether or not to go in the room if my baby is making noise. I can see if she really needs me, or if she is just wimpering in her sleep. This is great because if she is asleep then I will not disturb her further and wake her up accidentily.

Summer Baby Monitor rocks!

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor:

Before I bought my Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Baby Monitor I read a lot of reviews and now I'm writing one myself!  I really love this monitor!  I have peace of mind in knowing that my boy is sleeping soundly and that I am able to check on him at any time without waking him up.  I have never regretted this purchase in any way.  The battery life is pretty good.  I love that I can pan the camera by use of the monitor.  Any one who has seen this monitor has been impressed and thought I was very hi tech.  The volume option is nice.  It's cool that it has the option for multiple cameras.  At this point I only need one, but if I were to choose to add more later I have the ability to do so (would be nice for twins or multiples I would assume). I have never had a problem with getting good reception.  I like that I am able to clip it on to my person or use the kickstand if I prefer.  This is a very nice piece of equipment and is a life saver (or sanity saver?) to an over protective mom.