Other Shampoos:
Suave Kids Cowabunga Coconut Smoothers 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner

Suave Kids Cowabunga Coconut Smoothers 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner

Pros

Cons

I even use Suave for Kids 2-in-1 Shampoo myself!

We have been using *Suave* for *Kids* 2-in-1 *Shampoo *for several years. It's tear free, smells great and you don't need much each time. *Suave* for *Kids* 2-in-1 *Shampoo*is also inexpensive!!! It does claim to have conditioner in it, however, my daughter's hair is fairly thick, so I do use additional conditioner for her. I do not need additional conditioner for my son and younger daughter, however. There is a wide variety of scents for *Suave* for *Kids* 2-in-1 *Shampoo*....cherry, dragonfruit,  tangerine, coconut, strawberry, and watermelon The kids love bottle because each scent has a different cartoon character on it! We especially love the monkey surfing, the scent is Coconut! *Suave* for *Kids* 2-in-1 *Shampoo* makes bath time a breeze! Sometimes the kids put *Suave* for *Kids* 2-in-1 *Shampoo *in  the tub and have bubble baths..they come out smelling like fresh fruit! AS for cost, *Suave* for *Kids* 2-in-1 *Shampoo, *is inexpensive. You can almost always find the bottle with "20% extra" at the same cost as a regular size bottle. If not, you can find coupons in the Sunday paper or on-line

Smells yummy. NOT 2 in 1 though.

Picked this up with the idea that it would be nice to just use one product on my daughter's hair who, as most little girls, gets a lot of tangles.  While the shampoo smells YUMMY and works great as a shampoo, I have a few complaints:

1. it's NOT a two-in-one product.  My daughter's hair gets nice and clean, but it still needs a conditioner to be soft and flat and a detangling solution to get tangles out easily.  I can comb through the hair when it's wet and shampoo in no problem, but it gets pretty easily tangled afterward.

2. It comes out REALLY fast.  I mean super fast.  My girls don't have that much hair so i end up trying to get the smallest amount out and then using it on both their heads.  this may just be because my girls don't have a lot of hair though.

3. It doesn't really help with tangles.  If anything, it worsens them because it's not at all conditioning.

But, all that said, we're still using it and it smells good and the kids like the monkey.  I just also use a detangling leave-in conditioner.

Best scent award!

Comments about Suave Kids Cowabunga Coconut Smoothers 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

Since my son graduated from using baby wash, I was on the hunt for a shampoo/conditioner without the sour apple or watermelon smell to them. This product solves that problem! With the slightly sweet coconut smell, its good for boys or girls to use! Not only is the scent perfect for us, you cannot complain about the price either. The only thing I wish was different is the ability to purchase a larger bottle. Like 32/64 ounces. The 16/20 ounce bottles seem to disappear frequently in our house! I would love to be able to purchase a large bottle and it last a month or longer! Even the possibility of purchasing a large bottle with the dispenser in the lid would be wonderful!

This product gets the job done in our house! After my son uses this product, his hair looks super shiny and feels very soft! Once I even ran out of my shampoo and had to use this and it made my hair amazingly soft and tangle free. Not to mention, how wonderful it smells!

The scent is obviously my favorite thing about this product. None of the super sweet, fruity or fake scent here!

Suave Kids Cowabunga Coconut Smoothers 2 in 1 Shampoo

I like all Suave products and their kid's products are no exception. I find they are a great value and perform just as well as name brands. Let me start by saying this works equally well for boys and girls, however you might not want an older boy smelling like coconuts, just saying! Since the product is a 2 in 1 shampoo with conditioner you save money right off the bat not having to buy to seperate bottles of each product for your kids. The shampoo is thick and rich and a little bit goes a long way, although for my daughter's long hair I needed a little bit more. It makes a nice bubbly lather that is smoother than other shampoos, probably because they have added the conditioner right into the shampoo. The scent is very tropical with coconut overtones. I love it, although it's a little strong. You will have to really wash this out thoroughly in order to not leave any in the hair, because it has a lot of lather. This is a great product for kids of any age, and adults too. Works as it says it does.

Works well

Tropical coconut

Great smell, but never seems to last long

Suave is a mainstay in our house for my kids. It is difficult to get them to take a bath on hair wash day. This shampoo is deliciously scented so the kids like it a little better than something that doesn't smell as good. It isn't as anti-tear as some products, but it goes on nice and thick. Maybe the size of the bottle encourages you to use more, but it never seems to last very long even when I am trying to keep the amount of shampoo used to a minimum. As for helping with the detangling, it does. I even put a little bit in a spray bottle and add water to use as a detangle solution for my daughter's baby fine hair. It does the job and keeps their hair clean and smelling fresh for at least a couple of days.

It does a fantastic job cleaning my kids hair, as well as softening each strand for my daughter's knot prone hair. It may not be as tear free as some formulas, but at least we aren't fighting hair wash time as much with the fun picture on the bottle.

I love the smell of coconut and the scent in this product is fantastic!

No more tears or tangles

My kids love this shampoo! I like this shampoo and conditioner two in one formula because it is only one product I have to use instead of two and it is tear free and gets rid of all those hard to brush out tangles that my girls get in their long hair. I love finding non expensive products that are of such great quality and help me keep my kids clean and happy.

This kids two in one product does two jobs at once and since it is tear free and helps get rid of all the snarls and tangles and leaves my daughters hair more manageable it definitely is worth every cent I paid for it. There is never a build up on my kids hair and their hair is now always manageable, clean, and healthy.

My daughter is kind of sensitive to a lot of perfumes and heavily scented products but this one does not bother her sensitivity and actually has a pleasant fresh fruity fragrance and is not over powering at all.

Do not buy children's shampoo with cartoons on the bottle.

from lakeland, florida

I am not sure why I keep purchasing shampoos for kids with cartoons on the bottle. I should know from the get go that it is not going to be a good shampoo. This shampoo was no exception. Let's talk about the scent first. It is supposed to be a coconut scent, but to me it is like coconuts mixed with disgusting chemicals. It is also very overwhelming. I cannot stand it. I prefer a light scent that stays with my hair. This scent is the exact opposite. It is not light in any way. It does stick with my hair, but it is very overpowering. Also, this shampoo does not smooth in any way, nor does it get hair truly clean. It still feels as though the hair is dirty and the flyaways after it dries are terrible. I will be using a separate shampoo and conditioner for now on. Any shampoo plus conditioner is not worth my time. I would not recommend this product for any child.

This shampoo does not effectively get my hair clean.

YAY SUAVE

No more tangles, no more mess! Suave is here to clean it up! As what I say for every other Suave Kid Shampoo, Suave never loses any quality as it strives to make a kid's hair clean, happy, healthy, and smelling good! Better yet, Suave shampoos are always cheap, so always affordable! The 2-in-1 makes an easier convenience than buying a shampoo and separate conditioner and leaves kids smelling great! In this case, the smell is coconut and it smells amazing. Seriously, I'm obsessed with Suave smells. Your kid should be bound to love it and will be wanting to take baths more often, leaving them with a better experience and you with a load off of your hands.

Suave like with any of their other kid product, makes kid's hair less tangled and is able to clean their hair well, leaving happy, healthy hair.

The coconut smell of this shampoo will make you go nuts with happiness! It smells great and leaves the bathroom with a peaceful scent.

Cowabunga coconut rocks!

from Reston, VA

My kids love this shampoo. The smell is super yummy and the picture on the bottle makes them smile. The name is fun too! We have used many different types of kid shampoo over the years and this is one we come back to often. It cleans well and doesn't leave a filmy residue but it also contains a conditioner so my daughters hair isn't too tangled. And again, I love the smell when I give my kids hugs and inhale the fragrance. I just want to eat them up. And the price is right too! In a pinch, or when we are traveling ad don't want to bring a separate body wash we use this as body wash too. Layers up nicely and it isn't harsh on their skin. Overall a great value for your money.

My daughter has longish hair and we are able to use this without a separate conditioner and we can still comb out her hair without tears.

I love the coconut smell. It is light and not overpowering or super sweet like many kids shampoos.

it leaves a slick coating in hair

This stuff is okay for a two or 3 year old that is starting to get long hair and tangles. But once a girls hair gets shoulder length, this stuff will not longer be effective. It does not really untangle hair much at all, and it leaves a weird and gross kind of coating in the hair. It smells good, but that is really the only thing good about this product.

Smells good, kind of works.

The smell is amazing, and the way that it cleanses is gently and great for kids. However, for an adult I don't think there's enough conditioner to thoroughly provide smoothness.

Like I said, there's not enough conditioner in this product to really make a difference. I really think you need to have a separate conditioner to use along with this product. Then again, I did use this as an adult so maybe that was an issue too. I think it's effective when it comes to cleansing but definitely not effective enough to condition.

I found that the scene didn't seem to last long enough when I used it. I do think the scent isn't overpowering to the point where it gets sickly sweet, which is a great aspect for kids (and for those adults who are using this because of the gentleness of the cleansing and are sensitive to strong smells). It really smells a lot like coconuts which is amazing; there's no sickeningly sweet after-scent to this product either.

Smells Great and Makes Hair Super Soft

I started buying Suave products for my son when he was 3 years old. They are inexpensive and have always been effective at getting him clean. He loves the cowabunga type because of the monkey on the front. I like it because it smells like coconut and makes his hair smell like it too.

It does what it is advertised to do, smoothes. My son's hair is already fine, but this makes his hair so very soft.

It has never irritated his skin or scalp. It does not cause build-up and the times he has gotten it into his eyes he has not cried. It seems to be gentle enough for a young childs skin but effective enough to get his hair very clean. We use this kind and other kinds of Suave products. He chooses which type to get and use based on which product character he is interested in that day.

It has always gotten his hair very clean and soft.

My son is not very particular on which scent he likes best, but as his mom, I prefer the coconut.