Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Miss the old pads, but still good quality

Stridex Maximum Daily Care Alcohol Free Pads:

Stridex Maximum Daily Care Alcohol Free Pads:

I have tried all of the levels of the Stridex model acne treatments. Luckily, I have not had severe acne, but over experience, have used and stuck with this brand for about 18 years! I DO have sensitive skin, very much so, but after using sensitive skin version for a long time, just wanted to try this, when they switched to a much more limp texture version last year or so.

It cleans very well (not sure how well it treats acne, as though I don't hav bad acne, little pimples now and then don't seem to go away wit hthis), but I can see the dirt spots evaporate easily into these pads.

As a young teenager, I used to use Noxzema and/or OXY. I developed a rash on my face then (which did NOT turn out to be from the Oxy, I had also used for several years), but my primary (pediatrician) at the time, highly recommended for me to go off of my regular and use Stridex, which is much safer for the sensitive skin.

What I hate abou this newer revised version is how limp the pads are. I used to be able to easily rip them in half, to make them last double the amount of time. But they did it now so that it is so difficult to rip in half manually, and the flimsy pad makes the texture not feel as firm adn clean as before.

And especially the maximum strength one, put on moisturizer after you use it, or your face will dry up and get very itchy.

Great but not so great

Stridex has been around for years and years. The reason: it works. To help clear your face of black heads and blemishes this product works great. Unless you have sensitive skin. After giving birth my skin changed dramatically. While I used to use these all the time, now they make my face red and it burns. My skin got super dry after having my son and since then these pads just make things worse. If I try to use them, my face gets red and it burns anywhere the pad touches. Not good at all. So if you have dry or sensitive skin I would not recommend you use these pads!

If you have normal or oily skin this product works great!

Ease of Application
When cleaning your face, what is easier to do than wipe a cloth over it all?!

Convenience
When you are in a hurry because you woke up late or just don't have enough time to wash your face with soap and water, these pads are a quick easy way to clean up!

Side Effects
Having dry/sensitive skin using this product made my face burn and turn bright red. Not a good way to go through the day

Not so good for sensitive skin

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

Works excellently to clear blackheads but often makes my acne more inflamed and severely dries skin. This particular product probably just had too high a concentration of Salicylic acid for my skin type (2%) and have also found the benzoyl peroxide can work more effectively for others when salicylic acid does not have a strong effect or makes matters worse. I've found this product to be most successful and effective when used strictly on its own as a spot treatment for sudden blemishes right before I begin my makeup regimen so that the medicine is absorbed throughout the day so that it works directly under my makeup primer (bare essentials) and then concealer (sephora) and a light mineral powder (physicians formula). My brother seems to have more success using this to treat sudden spots as well instead of using it as a toner for his overall face. Neither of us use it everyday as well but only on occasion for severe acne flare ups because the chemicals are so strong.

• Immediacy:

Reasonable acne care for a reasonable price.

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

After facing acne prone skin problems for the majority of my teen and adult life I have tried numerous skin treatments for acne and other skin irritations associated with acne. I have tried the higher priced items only available at fine retailers and the basic brands on the regular retail shelves. I then found Stridex pads. These are reasonably priced and contain the same leading strength medication that many skin care physicians use. They did not over dry my skin as I used them daily and they did not cause any sensitivity or irritation. After washing my face daily and then using this product I could tell a difference immediately that my face was getting clean with the use of the Stridex pads. This product got the dirt, oil, and other leftover daily particles off of my skin and left my face feeling clean. For someone looking to find a reasonable acne product at a reasonable price this is a good fit for a fresh and clean feeling. This product is made by the same company that makes Blistex. I have enjoyed many of their products.

Dependent upon the type of acne you have.

Ease of Application
Pads are extremely accessible in the container and are soft on the skin.

Convenience
Convenient jar to keep to single use daily without getting dried out.

This stuff works

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

This stuff works. When I used to have more acne outbreaks I found that usually with several days worth of treatments my acne would be much less noticeable, sometimes as soon as a day. It is also excellent as a dirt remover. It tingles - which can be intense, but a feeling that I liked.

Pretty good. Doesn't entirely get rid of it - but much more manageable.

Ease of Application
Very easy as it comes already applied on pads.

Convenience
I really like that it's on it's own applicator pads.

Side Effects
Giving them a 7 here, since it can be a little drying on the skin.

Immediacy
Pretty good, in my experience - sometimes I could see a difference after 1 day, usually a couple of days and much better.

Great but not so great

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

If you have normal or oily skin this product works great!

Ease of Application
When cleaning your face, what is easier to do than wipe a cloth over it all?!

I love this product!

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

Stridex works extremely well. It cleans all the dirt off your face and also cleans your pores. Leaves your skin feeling nice and clean afterwards. These are the only cleaning pads my boyfriend will use. The quality is also good. You get so many in a pack. My skin always feels much more clean when I use these. I love them and I recommend them to anyone and everyone!

It works fast!

Ease of Application
It's very easy to use just wipe your face with the cleaning pad.

Convenience
They are very convenient.Quick & easy to use. Once your done just throw away.

Side Effects
There is no side effects that I know of.

• Immediacy:

the only pads I will use for my face

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

I've tried other acne pads out there and they burned my face and they were too harsh for my face. I tried the stridex daily care maximum acne pads for my face and I felt a huge difference. It made my face clear of pimples and minimized the blackheads I had on my face. Everytime I get pimples or blackheads I use these pads and by the next day my face is left feeling clean and the pimples got smaller. It doesnt sting or have a burning sensation on my face. My face felt so much cleaner and when I looked at the pad after I wiped all over my face it had so much dirt on there. I'm glad it removes dirt and any oils. I was very happy with this product. Its good for sensitive skin too because my skin is very sensitive and it doesn't dry it out. It doesn't have any harsh chemicals in there. Its alcohol free so its not going to be so harsh on the face. Its safe for everyday use and it sells at a good price. I would honestly keep buying these pads because they work.

Not maximum enough...

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

I was disappointed with this product because I thought it was going to be more effective than the product I used before it and I was wrong. It claims to be a maximum formula but it only had minimum results for me. Because of this, I switched back to my original product.

The product took a lot longer to be effective than what the box says or what my expectations were of it. I hope they have changed the formula because I feel sorry for people who are actually buying it as we speak...

Ease of Application
Even though the product isn't the most effective, the ease of application is definitely easy because all you have to do is wipe the pad over the acne affected areas and then you're done.

Convenience
I think the product is convenient because the product is basically available everywhere but like I stated earlier it's not the most effective product on the market for acne.

Side Effects
I would say the only side effect I had from it was disappointment.

Great Everyday Product

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

Overall I love this prodcut and use it everyday. I typically remove my makeup after a long day with a gentle clenser and some make up wipes. After I usually feel like my skin still has some residue on it and left over makeup deep in my pores. To finishe my routine, I will use one of these pads to remove whatever was left behine (and trust me, there is always stuff left behind) After using this product my skin feels clean and refreshed. It also does a great job at preventing acne from coming. I would recommend it to anyone

This product does a great job at keeping your skin clear and clean. I use it everyday to make sure my makeup is completely removed and my pores are clear and empty.

Ease of Application
So easy to use. Just open and wipe away! Love that I can take it anywhere and clean my face anywhere without any issues.

Convenience
So easy and convenient. I can take it anywhere with me with no problems and no sink needed.

Side Effects
I have had no side effects from this product.

Immediacy
This product works great and fast. It cleans your skin leaving it feeling refreshed and clear. I love this product and use it daily.

• Immediacy:

Very strong-not for sensitive skin

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

These pads are easy to use, but are very powerful. In fact, they can be a little strong if you have sensitive skin. They burn a little, and your face will be a little red right after you use them. However, they do a good job of getting rid of annoying acne. I found that within a week of using these, my acne was significantly reduced.
I've also realized that these Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads work very effectively at taking off makeup. A lot of make up removers don't get the job done well, but these pads will wipe any makeup right off. I would advise using them lightly around your eyes because they are very strong.

Very effective at reducing acne, and also effective at removing make up!

Ease of Application
It's so simple! You just take out one of these pre-moist pads and wipe your face with it! There is no mess involved.

Convenience
Because it's so easy to use, it's very convenient.

Side Effects
These pads can irritate sensitive skin easily.

Immediacy
I saw results within a week!

• Immediacy:

The menthol is too much but it's a good product

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Maximum Acne Pads:

This would be the perfect chemical exfoliating product if it weren't for the menthol. The menthol dried me out too much. But I'll still be using it on my legs. It's not just for acne. The directions for it are kind of terrible as well. The product works better on your face if you let your face dry first, then apply the Stridex, and wait until it's FULLY dry before moisturizing. Which may be why it doesn't work for some folks. Stridex is a good cheap product that is easily available.

Don't be scared of the word "Maximum" either. I'm fairly sensitive but it worked just fine for me, except for the menthol. This is the only Stridex product where the PH is at a good level for proper exfoliating. Oil prone folks should definitely look into giving this a try!

Side Effects
The menthol was pretty intense, even after one use. Cutting it back to once a week didn't help. Unfortunetley I can't use it on my face, but it works for body acne and body exfoliating just fine.