Other Body Lotions:

St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer

Pros

Cons

St. Ives Intensive Healing Will Probably be Purchased Again

I feel like I've been on a life-long search for the perfect lotion. Every time I purcase lotion I try a new kind, on this never-ending quest for a lotion that can actually help my alligator skin. So far, other than Avon Moisture Therapy, no lotion has even made me consider purchasing a second bottle until now. I'm not saying St. Ives Intesive Healing is the ultimate lotion, that perfect one I've yet to find. But so far it is one of the best.

On a quck Walmart stop one day, lotion wasn't even a planned purchase. For some reason I felt like treating myself a bit, and remembered reading reviews about Jergens Overnight Repair. The reviews were mixed so I wasn't sure of anything, thought I'd just check ot the price. In doing so, I noticed the St. Ives lotions nearby. They were abot 2.00 cheaper than the Jergens, and I knew the Collagn & Elastasin was quite good for moisturizing. Then I noticed the Intensive Healing clamed to heal dry, cracked skin. Oh did I have a job for that! I decided if it could heal my cracked heels it would earn a permanent spot on my shelf.

No it didn't quite fix my cracked heels, but it did make them somewhat softer. My skin soaked up the first cat so fast you could almost hear a slurp! A little more made it feel slightly greasy for a second before it finished soaking in. A light, pleasan scent ad no gooey feeling after using it. And my skin actually felt a little softer after use. So many lotions don't even seem to make a difference on me. The search is't over, but I'll keep this around as my "default" lotion.

How Can It Heal Skin if it Doesn't Absorb Well?

My husband and I completely disagree about this body lotion.  Namely, he thinks it's wonderfully moisturizing and healing, and I find it to be tacky to the touch and not readily absorbent.  Although I am a fan of the St. Ives brand, this version has failed to live up to my expectations.

This inexpensive lotion is creamy and has a fresh, pleasant fragrance.

Absorption
When I first dispensed a blob into my hands, I thought it felt soft and luxurious. Unfortunately, once I began to apply the lotion to my skin, I noticed that it wasn't absorbing evenly. I rubbed and rubbed and finally the moisturizer did disappear into the skin. However, it left a tacky residue on my hands and I quickly felt the need to wash it off. In general, I don't mind when a body lotion leaves a protective film of moisture on my skin, but this felt unpleasant. It's a bad sign when I feel the need to wash off the lotion I just applied to my skin.

St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizing Lotion did help my skin retain moisture, so it does work in that respect.  However, the coating it left on my skin was not worth the benefits of using it on a regular basis. With so many better lotions on the market, I can safely say I won't be using this again.

Good Scent, Provides Good Moisture

from Chicago, IL

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

St. Ives is a brand I trust. I use St. Ives face wash, body wash, and body lotion. The St. Ives Healing Moisturizer lotion, overall, provides good moisture to my skin and doesn't need to be applied often. Just twice a day and my skin feels full of moisture and healed of any dry skin or irritated skin issues. I stick with St. Ives because it works.

When it comes to St. Ives lotions, I haven't picked a scent I haven't enjoyed yet. The scents/fragrances offered by St. Ives are not too strong and not too weak. The St. Ives Healing Moisturizer lotion doesn't smell too medicated. It has a pleasant and refreshing sweet smelling fragrance.

Absorption
St. Ives Healing Moisturizer lotion makes my skin feel moisturized, soft, and healthy. I apply it after I shower and before going to bed. It always leaves my skin feeling soothed and soft. It's my trusted and go-to brand of lotion. The St. Ives Healing Moisturizer does exactly what the name says! It absorbs into the skin and heals dry cracked skin. It soothes rough patches making them soft to the touch.

This product does exactly what I expect it to do. This is why I'm a loyal buyer. I have dry skin so I've tried a lot of different types of lotions and creams. St. Ives Healing Moisturizer provides great moisture as I only apply it once or twice a day because that is all I really need. My skin stays soft in between applications.

Excellent Moisturizer!

from Ohio

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

I have trusted St. Ives in beauty products for many years and St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer lives up to it's name! For the price, it is the best stuff out for dry, cracked or sensitive skin. Harsh climates can leave our skin extremely dry and even uncomfortable, that's why I use this lotion so much! I always have a bottle on my vanity and I even carry a mini travel size bottle in my purse with me. I cook for a living and I am constantly washing my hands so I don't know what I would do without St. Ives intensive Healing Moisturizer. It is safe to use all over your face and body and does not have a strong smell. The lotion is not oily or greasy and lasts on my skin for quite a few hours after applying.

It doesn't have much of a scent to it, which I prefer. Many strong scented lotions irritate me and that is definitely not the case with St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer.

Absorption
The lotion absorbs quickly and last for hours.

It is great for extra dry areas like cracked feet and elbows.

Great lotion

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

This is a great lotion for dry skin because it soothes skin upon absorption and keeps your hands feeling soft and soothed for awhile after application. It is cheaper than most lotions which is an added bonus. The consistency is nice and thick but it rubs in well and does not feel gunky or greasy. You also get a big bottle for a good price so it lasts a long time. I like using this lotion on my hands and feet but also legs and arms or any part that is exposed to the sun or wind. I would not use it on my face because I think it would be too thick and clog my pores. It is a great lotion to use under socks before bed for very soft skin in the morning.

The scent is very light and fresh but not too bold and does not linger for very long.

Absorption
Rubs in evenly and feels great.

Very good at soothing dry winter skin. Very reliable at making your skin feel better immediately. Definitely quenches dry skin.

• Absorption:

Keeps my hands from getting too dry.

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

For some reason, this winter has been especially harsh on my skin. I seem to be constantly needing hand lotion. I have different lotions throughout my house, at work, in my purse, etc. One of the lotions I use often is St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer. This moisturizer does a great job of keeping my skin from getting too dry. It really absorbs well into my skin, and it doesn't make it oily at all.

My skin tends to be sensitive to different chemcials, but this doesn't bother me at all. I don't have to worry about it causing rashes or skin irritation. I also like that the scent of this moisturizer isn't too strong, so it doesn't compete with my perfume.

This moisturizer has a pump that you use to get the moisturizer out of the bottle. It is also really affordable and easy to find at convenience stores or grocery stores. You can even find coupons for this lotion.

This keeps my skin from getting too dry during the winter months.

Fairly good low-end product

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

The St. Ives products are about a notch above the store brand products. I usually catch these when they are on sale and always figure they are worth a try for the reduced price. This was one of those times when I gave this one a try. It is a fairly un-unique moisturizer. It has all the regular features. The scent is pleasant, but not really anything special about it. It also doesn't last as long as I like, when using a product like this. Aside from moisturizing, one of my main requirements for body products is a long lasting, pleasant fragrance. This one is OK, but no more than that. It does provide a smooth finish to the skin and seems to hydrate as well as most. It doesn't feel greasy or oily and the skin soaks it up fairly quickly too. I do recommend allowing it to fully soak in, so that clothes don;t get marked up inadvertently, with any stray un-absorbed product. I will use this again, as long as I catch it on sale. It's a good product and you can use it abundantly and regularly without feeling like you'll break the bank.

• Absorption:

Do you have sensitive skin? Do NOT use this product!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

I picked up this product to try and combat the terrible cracking and dry skin I get on my hands during the dry months. I do have naturally sensitive skin, but I thought that because I was primarily using it on my hands that I would be safe. I was very wrong. I started to break out in a very painful rash on my hands only minutes after using this product. My fingers started to swell and I had to take a Benadryl to combat the problem. I was very disappointed and upset. I ended up returning the entire product to the store because of this product. Since it was less than forty eight hours after I purchased it, the story let me return it for a full return. I have noticed that I am able to use some products that do not say they are for sensitive skin specifically, but this definitely not one of them. The rash was very angry red and it was so terribly itchy. It took a couple days before my hands were back to normal, even after I scrubbed them thoroughly to get the lotion off. I would not recommend this product if you have sensitive skin or if you get rashes easily from some lotions.

Great lotion

from Enfield, CT

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

St. Ives healing lotion is wonderful! I use on my hands every day. It even works well on my feet and knees! Super effective in helping dry skin. I have very dry skin, especially in the winter and this is a must have for me! I keep it on hand {no pun intended} at all times. It's very healing and soothing. It absorbs very well, so none of that greasy hands feeling after using. Just soaks upright into the skin. The smell is fresh, light and milky. Not at all overpowering! While it's not natural, it's more natural than many other lotions out ere which is another plus for me. Been using this lotion for years...maybe 10 years...and never any issues, reactions or anything. Works perfect every time. It's even soothing for your legs after shaving, which lots of lotions are not. I love rubbing it on after a hot shower. The piece is also right. Very moderate pricing. And a really good bang for your buck.

• Absorption:

Basic moisturizer for skin with little needs

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

I found this to be a basic lotion which provides just enough moisture for not too dry skin. I don't have dry skin but my skin needs moisture in the winter. I definitely cannot use this in the winter time (even though I live in California and the temperature rarely dips below 50). It doesn't leave my skin greasy, the scent is not overpowering, and you get a lot of product. While I will not be repurchasing, I can recommend this product for those who do not need too much moisture and are looking for something lightweight, affordable, and easily accessible.

The scent is pleasant, not over powering, doesn't linger. Definitely not a problem.

Absorption
Because it is a bit more lightweight than other lotions I've tried, I found that it absorbed pretty well and did not leave much residue or that greasy feel.

This is a very basic lotion. I did feel like the moisture effect went away in about 2 hours and had to keep reapplying. I personally like that feeling where you apply some lotion on your legs before going to sleep and when you wake up, it's soft and moisturized. I definitely did not get that from this product but I did enjoy using this as a lightweight moisturizer during the summer.

Passed the test!

from Belmar, NJ

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

My hands get extremely dry in the winter and I decided to try yet another lotion. I was very happy with the intensive healing moisturizer by St. Ives! I can't stand lotion on my skin, I don't know why I just don't but this lotion I will use! I do use it at night before I go to bed on my hands and other body parts if needed but I just mainly use it on my hands. It is non greasy feeling which it must be for me to even use it a second time, so it passed the test for me! It has a light scent that doesn't last and it really works! If I skip a night or two I can tell the difference. It is also affordable which is another plus for me! I recommend it!

It has a light scent that doesn't last which I like.

Absorption
I find it to absorb quickly and it is non greasy feeling as well!

If I skip a night or two when my hands are really bad I can tell the difference.

• Absorption:

A great low-cost moisturizer.

from Vista, CA

Comments about St. Ives Intensive Healing Moisturizer:

I bought this lotion based on price alone and was so surprised with the actual quality of the product. It does not absorb quickly which, in my opinion, is a good thing as it has time to sit and do its job. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it in the least.