Other Floor Cleaners:
Carpet Cleaners
Spot Shot

Pros

Cons

Shoot that Spot with Spot Shot Carpet Stain Remover!

I was first introduced to **Spot Shot** the instant carpet stain remover, a few years ago when visiting a friend.  She had carried a cup of coffee down her light carpeted steps and spilled a few drops.  She got out the aerosol can of **Spot Shot**, sprayed the coffee spots, and they miraculously disappeared!  I have been using **Spot Shot** for carpet stains ever since.  I keep a bottle on each floor of my house!

**Spot Shot** is also available in a 22 fl.oz. bright blue plastic bottle with a blue and orange sprayer attached for easy spraying.  The label claims that **Spot Shot** is great on pet stains, grease, and much more.

**Spot Shot** has an anti-resoiling agent so the spot you clean with **Spot Shot** won’t attract more dirt as some carpet cleaners do.  I know by experience that this is so true.  My husband dropped a plate of spaghetti (yes, the whole plate, sauce and all) on our carpet.  After I thought the spot was removed by another carpet cleaner, it kept reappearing.  **Spot Shot** to the rescue!  **Spot Shot** penetrates deep into the carpet and breaks down the stains.  Then, it lifts the stains right out.  Now, no one would ever know about the spaghetti spill.

I have cats and we all know what cats do periodically – they (pardon me) vomit hair balls.  I blot up the mess, spray with **Spot Shot**, wait a few seconds, place a terry cloth rag on top of the spot, and step on the cloth pressing down on the cloth with my foot.  I have to do this twice and the spot is gone!

Of course, there may be old stains which may never be able to be removed such as wine stains, orange soda, etc.  However, if **Spot Shot** cannot remove the stain, there is no product that will.

The only negative about **Spot Shot** is the smell.  The label states to use in a well ventilated area and to avoid contact with skin and clothing.

**Spot Shot** can be found in the cleaning supply area of DIY stores, discount stores, hardware stores, and grocery stores.  You can’t miss the bright blue can with the bright orange cap which is the aerosol container, or the bright blue and orange bottle of the liquid **Spot Shot**.

Thank you for reading my review.

Spot Shot's Not that Hot

If you've read some of my recent reviews of cleaning products, you may have noticed a theme in my work.  I have a cat who's taking medicine that upsets his stomach.  He vomits a lot (don't worry, the vet says that's okay AND he takes pills for that, too.)  Unfortunately, the spots are really doing a number on the wall-to-wall carpeting.  I rent and I don't want to face a huge bill for carpet replacement when I move out so I try to clean up the barf as soon as I find it.  Unfortunately, the cat likes to barf at night, when I'm sleeping so I don't always find the wet spot until the next day.  By then, it's set in.  Deeply.

I started on-line research to see what might help me remove the set in stains.  Several suggestions popped up, including Spot Shot for Pets.  I purchased a can at the local drugstore.  I say it was manufactured by the same people who make WD-40 and I was really hoping I'd found my solution.

Wrong.  From what I can observe, it didn't do any better than simply blotting up the spot with cool water and white paper towels.  The stain remains the same...  (Next test... Resolve for Pets!)

this product left my carpet lighter where used

from Oracle, Az

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

Have used this product for years and loved it, until recently. the can I have now left my carpet with light spots and I found out my daughter in-law in another state had the same problem. I am afraid to use it again.

Goooood

from Tangier

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

This is a wonderful product to have on hand

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Temporarily cleans spots, but they keep coming back.

from Los Angeles, CA

About Me Average Joe

Pros

Cons

• Terrible long-term fix. Spots keep coming back.

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

I started using Spot Shot a few years ago to get rid of new spots on my carpet. At first, I loved the product. It was easy to use, and the spots went away very quickly. But over time, the spots gradually start to reappear. This isn't due to wicking. The stains are only on the surface of the carpet. I suspect Spot Shot leaves an oily residue in the carpet, and dust gradually starts sticking to it. I've had professional cleaners come in and steam clean my carpet, which removes the spots again, but they keep coming back. I haven't yet figured out how to get rid of them.

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

This is a wonderful product to have on hand if you have carpet flooring throughout your home. I have used this product to remove dirt and grass stains from my carpet. I have also used this product to remove cat urine from my carpet as well. I own two cats and there are times when my cats will accidentally urinate on my carpet.

Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover also removed food stains from my carpet such as pasta sauce, mustard, ketchup and spilled drinks.

Not only does this product work on carpet flooring, it also remove stains from sofas and chairs made from cloth material. The scent of this product can be a bit strong but once it dries the smell goes away.

On the front of the can it states no scrubbing is required. I usually like to take a fresh cleaning towel and lightly scrub the stained area to insure the product clean deep down. This truly is one of the best carpet cleaning products I have used.

Best product of its kind i've ever used!

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

Before trying Spot Shot i had used numerous other products claiming to do the job. None worked 100% effectively. Then I had a coupon for Spot Shot. It was a miracle. Quick, easy, no residue, just use a paper towel to blot up and throw away. Keep can by my chair for coffee,beverage and food spills and never disappointed. I have numerous cans positioned in rooms all over the house for quick access. Works in car too. I never fail to recommend when I see someone debating about what to buy in supermarket or big box store.

3 dogs

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

We have three dogs, one middle aged and two "puppies" my house can get messy! With potty training, always comes accidents, so i needed something to get both the stain an smell out of my carpets, and throw rugs. I used to use a professional grade cleaner, but no longer do so, it was too expensive, and the smell was enough to knock me off my feet! So i tried many products, cheapies, and more expensive ones. I came across this one day, and thought what the heck! So i gave it a try, i am so glad i did. It even got stains out that had been set in (and the other cleaners didn't get out) my husband was thrilled! He brings in grease and steel mill dust sometimes so i have to have a product that i can afford to use a lot, and actually work. I have been very happy with the way it cleans, and it's scrub free! I won't try another product for my floors unless they stop making this one... oh and the smell on this product isn't overwhelming, it's quite subtle!

Spot Shot lives up to it's name

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

Spot Shot Carpet Stain Remover is a great product that made a lasting impression on me the first time I tried it. I will always return to Spot Shot for getting stains out of my carpet. First of all, I had to try this stain remover to see if it really did the trick. Just the name itself gave me something to hope for, in the way my carpet always seemed to end up with dirt and food stains. Doing a few minutes of spot cleaning saved me from those times when I would have paid to have my carpets cleaned. It never really involves much work. I'm never wasting any time when I decide to use Spot Shot Carpet Cleaner either. The heavy-duty aerosol can is perfect for blasting away soiled sections of carpet. I just spray the spot(s), wait a few minutes and then rub them all out with a warm damp cloth. It's surprising to me how much area I can cover doing this for a just a few minutes. Whenever vacuuming still leaves something to be desired, it's a really effective method that leaves wide swaths of rug looking new again. The scent is not bad either. The effect is as if I have saved a ton of money. Thanks Spot Shot!

It gets rid of anything!

from White Plains, NY

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

It is basically spray and sop! Wine, grease, tomato sauce and almost anything. It smells like dry cleaning fluid but works very well. A can will last a year or more! Keep this under your sink for after any party or get together. The price is also reasonable so get a can today!

Gets Carpet Stains Out

from Austin, TX

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

I have used the Spot Shot Carpet Stain Remover for years and it seems to get better with time. You really do need to follow the directions because if you spray too close to the carpet stain, it will be too liquid and does not do as good a job. I often will leave it on the carpet stain for a few minutes longer than what it says to do and have a soft cloth that I use to blot and get it up with and find that works well. There is a bit of a toxic smell so don't get too close as you are spraying.

Great for removing nail polish in carpeting.

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover:

Wonderful product!!! Removed nail polish from the carpet completely, i had tried multiple other items before and almost gave up hope (nail polish remover, hairspray, windex). Used this along with acetone on nail polish in the carpet about 30 minutes after it set in. It took about 20 applications, dabbing with acetone, then spot shot, then dabbing with a rag and again with paper towel in to dry the area occasionally. Don't give up hope, just keep dabbing, applying and rubbing and it will work!