4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

I LIke the Spot Shot In A Can Better But This is Good Too

For pet stains and other stains that seem in to the carpet quickly I love the Spot Shot in a can. You spray that in and it shoots right down in the the carpet and pulls the stain right up.

Recently I was looking for the Spot Shot in a can and I didn't have a lot of time to go from store to store. The only thing the store I went to had was the bottles of Spot Shot Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator. So I purchased that.

It claims to have the same stain fighting and odor eliminating power as the stuff in the can , but it is also non toxic and environmentally friendly. It has no phosphates and no Volatile Organic Compounds It has dual odor eliminators in it that eliminate and neurtralize odors. It also has Anti-Resoiling agents to protect carpets.

The product is actually approved by the Carpet and Rug Institute> I did not even know there was a carpet and rug institute.

It comes in a 22 oz spray bottle. They call the sprayer a trigger. The sprayer is a bit more forceful then a regular sprayer which is good because it shoots down in to the carpet, not quite as good as the one in the can does but certainly better than most sprayers would. It also smells a bit better than the one in the can. Which sometimes make me cough if I breath in to soon after spraying it.

It works really well I have to say. It seems to have gotten every stain out that I used it for, so I am very happy with it so far. I have to work at the stain a little harder with this then I do the one with the can but this works really well too.

I am giving this a 5 out of 5 because it has worked for me everything and is safe for both my dog and kids to be around.

Excellent has performed well for me everytime.

It's not pleasant, but it goes away after everything is all wiped up and dry.

Decent, but not the best.

I used this product for the first time about a week ago. I had spilled almost a whole cup of coffee on the white carpet in my living room. After dabbing it and rinsing it with soap and water, I tried this. It works alright, but it could definitely be better. For starters, only the spot you spray it on will be clean. You can't spread it around, and you kind of have to spray a lot. Secondly, it takes a lot to rinse it out with water afterwards. There's a lot of little white bubbles that you will want to get rid of. And thirdly, it doesn't completely do the job. Sure, the stain isn't as bad as it was, but it's definitely noticeable, and it's in the center of the room. I'm hoping I can get it out with another carpet cleaner, and this one did help, but it wasn't what I was expecting out of it.

It doesn't have a smell - at least that I noticed. It did eliminate the coffee smell that the stain did have, but I don't think it left a new smell.

Average.

from Kansas

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator:

I bought Spot Shot Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator a while back and wasn't overly impressed with it. It's not horrible but it's not great. It's just kid of an average carpet cleaner with an okay scent.

Spot Shot Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator is fairly cheap so it's worth trying or at least having around as a backup. You use this like any other carpet cleaner, spray the spot, let it sit for a little bit, then rub on the spot. My problem with this product is it only works on the exact spot that you spray. So if you have a big stain you want to clean you have to spray a ton of cleaner, it's not only time consuming but uses up a bunch of the product! With a little bit of rubbing the stain comes right up. It's worked on coffee, marinara sauce, and dark soda that I got on my light carpet. The scent of the spray is fairly pleasant and doesn't smell super chemical like.

I recommend this carpet cleaner the downside is that you either have to use a lot of it if you have a large stain or just keep it around for small stains. It takes care of stains pretty well though.

good cleaner

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator:

I've only used this product on carpet so my review reflects my use of it there. Overall I'd say this is a decent spot cleaner for the carpet. I have a cat the gets sick a lot on our carpet and unfortunately my fiancé is horrible at cleaning things. His idea of cleaning is wiping with a paper towel and that's it! So, I end up with stains in the carpet when it happens in rooms with dull lighting or rooms I don't get into often. This is one of the cleaners I've used to get the stains out and it does an amazing job! It's like the stains were never there in the first place. For food stains, it just depends what the spill is and how long it's set in for. Most things it gets the stains out, there are some red drink stains that were set for a longer period of time that it won't remove. Same with ink/marker stains, my nephew decided my carper would be a good back drop for his pictures and has (more than one time) "colored" on my carpet. This product gets some of the lighter colors out but most of them it kind of just spread the color around so it wasn't bold lines but smudges. Either way, not the best. But like I said in the beginning, for the every day stains it does pretty good, great with most foods, dirt, etc.

It mostly just smells like a cleaning agent, which to me isn't great, but it's not off putting either.

Will give you results

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator:

I tried the Spot Shot Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator the last time i cleaned my carpets and have to say that it did remove most of the stains but they did come back through with a few weeks. I guess if you don't have deep set in stains, it would probably work a little better for you. In my case, i do have to say it was a high traffic area, so for the area i really can't complain. The carpet cleaner does have a very pleasant fragrance that lasts for a very long time. One thing that i did like was the fact that it's safe in homes with children and pets. I was satisfied with the price as i felt it was indeed a bargain when compared to other products. I do recommend the product for simple stains and spots, especially if you use as soon as you notice them. I tried this product on the interior of my car and i really was impressed with the results, of course it was a different type of carpet. I do not have any complaints about this product as it all depends on what you are using it on as to the results you will get.

Spot Shot Carpet Stain Odor Eliminator Takes The Cake!

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator:

I've used this product for over 2 years, wow! this just keeps getting better, and better. The stains on my carpet was hard to get off. After using this, stains were easy to clean.

Wonderful product! I will continue to use this product.

Fresh, and clean fragrance.

Decent, but not the best.

from Ann Arbor MI

pet accidents

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator:

owning two dogs i did not want my house to smell like i did. this product quickly treated the areas that needed to be treated and left my house clean and fresh. i love anything that makes life easier and my house fresher. The smell is not overpowering, it just smells clean.

I LIke the Spot Shot In A Can Better But This is Good Too

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator:

Excellent has performed well for me everytime.

It's not pleasant, but it goes away after everything is all wiped up and dry.

Not too shabby!

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator:

Works well enough, pretty strong power for this spot shot. Pretty fair price and I'd say doesn't smell as caustic as other cleaners that are comparably priced. It gets the job done and cuts through the filth in my kitchen quite easily! Thanks Spot Shot!

I like how Spot Shot Works!

from Valparaiso, IN

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator:

I bought this product because I had a puppy at my apartment for a few days, and wanted to be ready in case there were accidents. There of course were, and this product worked really well! I didn't notice any sort of smell change with the product, but I couldn't smell the stain anymore so that was enough for me. I did notice that the area I cleaned almost looked cleaner than the rest of the carpet, but not that there was some sort of a bleach affect. This cleaner did exactly what I wanted it to do.

Works well on spots!

from Columbia, MO

Comments about Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator:

We had quite a few spots on our carpet when we moved into our rental house and so I decided to give this product a try. I was pretty impressed with how well it worked. I had my doubts about whether it would just smear the dirt around like some other carpet cleaner products, but it worked really well on the spots. I think these spots had been in the carpet for sometime, so that is partly why I was so impressed. The key to this product is to only use it on spots and not to eliminate dirt from high traffic areas. We tried to do that and it turned out pretty bad. It just smeared the dirt around and attracted more dirt to the area. It really only works on spots. The one thing I didn't like was how it smelled. I know it says it is supposed to be a odor eliminator but it just doesn't work well for me. I dislike the smell, although my husband wasn't bothered by it at all. So, I guess it just depends on the person.