3.5

Resolve Deep Clean Powder

3.5

Pros

Cons

Resolve Powder Carpet Cleaner is the best one yet!

I ran across a new Resolve product which is made by Reckitt Benckiser, called Resolve Deep Clean Powder.  What drew my attention to it was that they had a rebate which offered your money back if you try it, so what did I have to lose, right?  I have tried other Resolve products in the past which were very good so I tried it and just could not believe how great it really worked!!  I have white/brown marble carpet in my home, (more white than brown) as well as kids and pets, and when I tried this product I could not believe how well it worked.  And how quickly it worked!  Now my carpet is REALLY white!!  Spots that I have never been able to remove are now gone!  I had a great big grape juice stain in my living room, right in the middle of the room, that you could not help but notice and this cleaner took that stain right away!  It also leaves your home smelling wonderful!!!  And it seems to repell stains like a scotch gaurd does.  In my opinion, Resolve Deep Clean Powder is the best carpet stain remover and cleaner that I have found on the market without having to hire a proffessional to come in a do it, and for no where near the price!  I recommend it for any carpet or rug in your home!  I also used it for the interior of my car and it just does an amazing job!  I also used it on the apholstery in my car and it works wonderfully!  And the deodorizer in absolutely amazing!

Does Head & Shoulders Make Dandruff Shampoo for Carpets?

After scrubbing some Resolve into the carpet, I let it dry for twenty minutes and then returned to vacuum it away.  Strangely, the carpet wasn't completely dry even though it wasn't humid or cold in the house.  I waited another twenty minutes and tried again. This time, the Resolve had thoroughly dried.  However, as I vacuumed the residue, I began to sneeze from the cloud of fine white powder that was now circulating in the air.

After vacuuming, I went back to check the carpet. It was noticeably cleaner overall, and the few spots were gone.  Unfortunately, I noticed flakes of powder here and there--carpet dandruff! It took several more runs with the vacuum before I was able to clear most of the carpet dandruff. Weeks later, I still occasionally see a bit of powder in a nook or cranny. Not only that, but my bagless upright vacuum was clogged with Resolve residue.  Cleaning clumped white powder out of the dust cup and the filter was a nightmare!

The moist powder needs to be rubbed into the carpet with a soft brush or a special cleaning stick.  Since I didn't have the stick, I had to get down on my hands and knees to rub in the powder where, unfortunately, I got a good whiff of the cleaner.  The fragrance is so strong that it gave me a headache.

pebbles everywhere

from random lake wisconsin

About Me Homeowner

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

I followed all of the instuctions which were very easy to follow. That's the only pro that I can give this product. I shook the bottle vigorously like they said to, but still wound up with little pebbles of the product, bouncing around everywhere every time I tried to scrub it into the carpet. Even after the 6th 7th and 8th time shaking the product for each application there were still those darn little pebbles. There was no pleasant scent from what I could tell. Also did not clean my carpets as well as I would have expected with getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing. The price would be very reasonable if the product actually did what it's supposed to do.

Great stuff

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

It really works. Since its a powder, it doesn't make the carpet all wet. Easy to use and it really works. Love it...Great for quick spot cleaning.

It really works. Helps keep new carpet looking new much longer. Also helps revive old carpet. Easy to use, quick to use, fresh clean scent.

Pleasant fresh clean scent. Makes the whole house smell clean.

Well, it did a number on my vacuum but nothing for my carpet.

from Kansas

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

Resolve Deep Clean Powder ended up costing me more than just the price of the product. It destroyed my vacuum. So is there a way for me to give this a -50 rating by chance? Ah I'll stick with giving it a 1.

I bought the product in hopes that it would just freshen my carpet some. It was cheap so I thought why not. It's difficult to use actually. You have to get the product rubbed into your carpet which takes longer than you would expect. You then wait 20 minutes until the product is dry. Except it takes longer than 20 minutes for it to dry. Closer to an hour. It finally dried and I vacuumed it up. As I was vacuuming my vacuum started smelling like it was burning. So I turned it off and opened it up. There was powder everywhere. The bag for the vacuum was not full. I then noticed the filter on my vacuum was full of the powder. I took the bag out and got a face full of powder while doing so. I took the filter out and tried to clear it of the powder. That just wasn't happening. Long story short I had to get a new filter and clean out the inside of my vacuum and all the hoses to get the powder out and buy new bags for my vacuum.

Oh and I really noticed no difference in my carpet.

Please don't buy this product. It's just horrible!

Resolve Deep Clean Powder - Some people love it. I don't.

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

Resolve Deep Clean Powder - Some people love it. I don't. It appears that people really like this product or really don't like it. My guess is that it works on certain types of carpets better than others. Apparently, it does not work well on my type of carpet. Because it did absolutely NOTHING to clear my carpets.

I bought the product because I had read many positive reviews. I don't own a carper cleaner. I rent one every once in a while, but I wanted to try Resolve Deep Clean Powder to clean my carpet between rentals of the big, heavy, cumbersome machine! I thought I could use Resolve and hold off renting for a few weeks or maybe a month.

Well, it did NOT work for me. I read the instructions. I even watched a youtube video where someone demonstrated how to use it. I tried it on a warm, dry day. The instructions say that for best results, it should not be used on damp, humid or cold days.

Even though I used it just how the label instructed, when I was finished, there was no difference in my carpet. It looked exactly like it would have if I had only vacuumed.

It did smell nice. The scent of Resolve is very pleasant. It smelled good when it is applied to the carpet. It smelled good when I was vacuuming. And it smelled good when I was finished.

But I bought it to clean the carpets. It did not do that job. Sorry. The best I can offer is a rating of 4.

Not as good as they like to advertise it.

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

I bought this for my living room carpet. The commercials were very appealing on how well it worked, so I got suckered into getting it. I thought it would be a simple solution without having to shampoo my carpets and have them wet for hours on end. I used it and scrubbed it into the carpet as it said to do. I waited the length of time it said, and proceeded to vacuum. I went over it thoroughly and it didn't do anything. The carpet looked exactly as it did when I started. It didn't take away any stains or even lighten them. Very dissappointed with this product. It is not for highly trafficed areas and does not work like the advertisements say it does at all. It may be ok for someone that has very lightly trafficed carpet that just wants to do a quick, light clean to it, but that's about it.

It does not do anything it says it does. It doesn't remove stains. It doesn't clean your carpets anything like they say it does. It is pretty much a waist of money in my opinion. They make it look like it is a really tough product that will be able to get up deep dark dirt stains and it doesn't do anything of the sort.

The scent wasn't bad. It wasn't like a carpet refresher powder or anything like that, that is going to make your carpets smell fruity for a week. It wasn't an unpleasent smell, but it also wasn't the greatest either.

Other products are way better

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

I bought this stuff thinking that Resolve was a name brand and used by lots of people so it would work for me.... However, I was disappointed in the results. I used it exactly as the bottle indicated, and it made no noticeable difference in my carpet. I even went back a day later, tried it again, and still nothing. I threw out the rest of the bottle.

Resolve Deep Clean Will Get The Job Done

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

Love this carpet cleaner. I have been using this product for quite some time, and will always be on my list of cleaners. you need not use a large amount just sprinkle.

Great outcome with this product.

Smells so wonderful. Nice odor stays in carpet for long lasting time.

Good for washable markers

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

I have a little boy who likes to color with markers. One day he decided to color our white carpet. Bright red and green and purple colors were such a horrible sign on our almost new carpet. I do spot clean our carpet occasionally with backing soda and soap. This time, the colored area was too large. Also, these washable markers tend to run like crazy. If you just add water, spots start spreading very fast. I went to store and got Resolve. Directions are easy. Apply, wait for some time, wash with water. If not clean, repeat. I did just like that. I spay Resolve on marker spot, then wait for an hour, them wipe it with a clean cloths. It was much better than before but you can still see the borders of the spot. I waited till the spot gets dry and tried again. It made the spot almost invisible. I am not sure how it works. If it discolored markers or just let them run down. We did not remove the carpet since then, so I cannot tell. But for sure, it made our carpet nice again. I would recommend it for accidents like this.

Good one for removal of washable markers

Ok, not too strong

It's an affordable, easy way to clean carpet stains

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

This scrubber works well with carpets, removing stains. Works on a battery and Resolve carpet cleaner. Lightweight scrubber is easy to use and gets out tough stains with ease.

Gets out tough stains in a reasonable time. Just let it stand for a few minutes then vaccuum.

Pleasing scent from Resolve cleaner.

Resolve Deep Clean is still the king daddy of carpet cleaners

from Annapolis, MD

Comments about Resolve Deep Clean Powder:

I've been using Resolve Deep Clean Powder for years and it's absolutely the best. No frills, no special bottle or applicator, just good stuff.

I first used Resolve Deep Clean Powder shortly after I got married. My aunt visited my brand new home with a big bottle of red wine. When she opened the bottle it exploded everywhere but mostly onto the light grey carpeting in my living room. We blotted up as much as possible but my cousin immediately ran out to the store and returned with a canister of Resolve Deep Clean Powder. We sprinkled the powder over the stained areas, scrubbed it into the carpet with a scrub brush and let it sit for 30 minutes. When 30 minutes elapsed I vacuumed all the powder up and with the red wine stains were lifted along with the powder. We were all amazed.

The consistency of this product is interesting. It's not super dry like a powder but resembles the crumbly topping on top of a coffee cake. It's sort of moist and globby.

I most recently used Resolve Deep Clean Powder earlier this week. Our cat was ill and had several accidents around the house, mostly in the basement where we have Berber carpet. I was able to clean and lift the stains with a spray that the carpet installer gave us. But when it dried it left dark spots on the carpet and my husband totally freaked out. I went to the store and found my trusty canister of Resolve, we brushed it in, let it sit, vacuumed 30 minutes later and the dark spots were gone.

So having used this for 15+ years, I'm a huge fan and would definitely keep on using it. I've used it to clean up after cats, to clean up makeup spills on light carpet, and the dreaded red wine stain and it's worked for all of those.