3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Odor Control:

Great quality for the price!

I cannot believe how good this cat litter is considering it is probably the cheapest brand out there. I tried it one day just because it was all I could afford, and I was so impressed with its odor control ability and low dust level that I have never used anything else since.

Special Kitty Does-Not-Scoop Cat Litter is a Better Name

I do not have high standards for cat litter. Frankly, the litter box is a place that frequently is not as fresh as I would have it, but that is the price one pays with having cats. However, I must say that Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter does not meet even my paltry standards. I find it does not clump well, which is the only reason I would spend money on clumping litter as versus the non-clumping kind. Very little clumping leads to nearly instantly stinky litter boxes and frequent changing of litter, which is a hassle. Get a better quality product and you will not have to change the litter as frequently, which means you save money in the long run, not to mention the effort and time it takes to completely empty, scrub, and refill a litter box. And also not to mention the smell that accompanies a box that cannot be efficiently scooped. With this product, especially with urine, scooping does little to remove the waste.

I would NOT buy this litter again.

from Tucson, Arizona

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

Cons

• NOT 99% dust free as advertised!

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

NOT 99% dust free as advertised...just shake the scooper and see how much dust floats!!

Totally Impressed!!!

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

I have used Tidy Cats for 20+ years. Ran short on money one day and purchased Special Kitty. I have to say I am more than pleased with the results! Not dusty, absorbs odors really well! Clumps great! Excellent! I am sold on this product! Way to go Special Kitty!

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

It's a decent litter and on the inexpensive side as well. I buy it on sale now and then just to save money. The cats don't mind it and although it seems a little bit dustier than some on the more expensive brands, you can avoid a lot of that with a scoop shovel and a closed litter box. All in all it's a pretty good litter for the price.

Moisture Absorption
      It actually works as well as most of the more popular litters out there. I don't notice a lot of difference.

As I mentioned before it seems to have a little more of a dust issue but if you're careful you can avoid a lot of the dust which can be very annoying and a pain to clean up.

Odor Control
      This may be where this litter falls a little short. It doesn't seem to control the ammonia odor as well as some of the other litters. What I do is simply clean the box more often which I suppose I should do in the first place. That will help a lot.

It's easy to use but as I mentioned before, use a small litter shovel to avoid the dust.

Great for the price

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

If you are in a pinch, Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter is the way to go! It does not work as well as most top name brand cat litters, but it will work well enough to clump and get all the waste out of the litter box. It does not last as long either, but like I said, if you are on a budget, something has got to do! You also get a little bit more for the same price though, so it evens out. My cats were not bothered by the new litter and used the box right away. It worked quickly to absorb the moisture which is a plus. The only downside to that is if you do not scoop it right away it will crumble when you pick it up and leave a bigger mess in the box which causes you to use more new litter. It did not leave a horrible odor and I could not tell the litter box was there even after they used it.

Average

from Empire, AL

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

This is not my go to cat litter. When the budget is tight I will buy the Special Kitty litter but my first choice is Tidy Cats with Glade. This litter is messy and when the cats get in and out of the box, litter is left all over the floor. It does absorb the liquid ok, but not overly fabulous. The solid wastes do not get coated very well but it does the job. I have noticed that sometimes the liquid waste will leave the litter soggy and if the cat steps in it, their paws will be covered in it. The biggest complaint I have is that it does not absorb odor well. If the cat uses the box multiple times before you can scoop, you will know about it. The whole house will smell like litter box. The litter also does not have very much fragrance to it. Overall it is a good litter if you are on a tight budget but don’t expect it to work miracles. If you have multiple cats using the same box like I do, get a better litter.

Moisture Absorption
      Decent but not the best.

It does fall apart at times when you are scooping clumps.

Odor Control
      Not the best, not even very good.

• Odor Control:

Great inexpensive cat litter just as good as tidy cat

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

I used to only buy Special Kitty Cat litter when I ran out of my regular cat litter, but now that I have tried it and love it so much I have completely replaced all the other litters that I used to use with it. I like that I can easily find Special Kitty at either Wal-Mart or my local Giant Super Market. It's inexpensive, and I find that it works just as good as the more expensive cat litters like Tidy Cat.
      The Special Kitty Scoopable Cat litter is so easy to scoop, and clumps so that I don't waste any cat litter when my cat uses her litter box. It completely gets rid of all the cat odors, and I can't smell her litter box at all anymore.
      Not only is it easy to use, and gets rid of odors, but it has more natural ingredients so it isn't harmful to my cat at all.
      I really can't say enough good things about this cat litter, and my cat loves using this litter as well. She can't tell the different between the most expensive cat litter and Special Kitty, so now I just buy Special Kitty and save the extra money.

Moisture Absorption
      It completely absorbs all the moisture from cat pee, making it clump up and easy to lean without wasting any cat litter at all. The moisture absorption is really great because it absorbs up all the bad pet odors too.

Special Kitty is very easy to clean and use because the cat litter absorbs all the moisture making it clump up, and easy to scoop it out without any mess at all.

Odor Control
      I don't notice any odor at all with this cat litter. It is great at controlling and hiding odors so you wouldn't even be able to tell that I had a cat or a cat litter box in my house at all.

It's so easy to pour in, and scoop because it is a clumping cat litter. I don't notice a lot of dust when I am pouring it into the cat box, My cat likes to use it, and doesn't try to kick the litter out of her box, making it easier for me to clean up.

Not a Very Good Cat Litter Even for Being Cheap

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

As scoop-able cat litter goes, Special Kitty litter is one of the cheapest cat litters I've used that's scoopable. It's decent for controlling odors, but it doesn't have a good scent. The only problem with this type of litter is there's a lot more cat litter to clean up because it's so dusty. Also the clumps really seem to fall apart easily with this cat litter. I used to purchase this litter on a regular basis until I found better quality scoopable litters.

Moisture Absorption
      I have three cats and this definitely doesn't control the odors coming from the litter box. I even scoop out the cat box every day, and it doesn't help the odor. Urine is always down in the bottom of the cat box and you can see the markings of it so this doesn't clump very good.

Harder to clean than other scoopable cat litter because the clumps just fall apart when scooping.

Odor Control
      It's cheap and that's the only advantage to this cat litter. It doesn't control odor and the cat box always smells like urine when I use this cat litter. It seems the cats pee straight through the cat litter because it doesn't clump which leaves the room smelling like urine.

This cat litter is inside a bag that is inside the box it comes in. It isn't very easy to pour and the bag that it's in seems to tear easily.

Decent Scoopable Litter

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

Special Kitty Scoopable Cat litter is a brand sold in Walmart. It has a nice light scent and clumps well. I have five cats and three cat boxes, so I am always looking for the best, most economical brand of scoopable litter. Special Kitty is probably the least expensive scoopable litter there is on the market, but it performs almost as well as the more expensive name brands.

Moisture Absorption
      Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter does a good, not perfect, job with clumping up cat urine. The clumps are not the tightest I've ever experienced, but good enough to clean them out of the box easily.

The clumping properties of this litter are good and the box can be cleaned out easily. You do need to keep several inches of litter in the box so when the cat digs, they end up wetting on litter and not the bottom of the box.

Odor Control
      The odor control on this litter is very good for the most part. I notice in the summer months that the odor control does not last as long. I tend to wash out and sanitize the cat boxes much more frequently during the summer and as a result, I use much more litter during those months. Special Kitty Scoopable is a cost effective litter for my needs. I am not sure if the more expensive name brands control the odor any better.

Like all clay litter, this litter is heavy to lift, to carry, and to pour into the cat box. Once the litter is in the box, it is easy to use. You just pour it in the box and scoop out the solid clumps. The waste litter is also very heavy. This is an important consideration for folks like me whose towns have weight limits on trash collection. My town only allows 50 pounds/household per week, or you are fined. Although I recycle everything I can, with a five cat home, I have had to try lighter weight, alternative litters.

Not my favorite litter

from Florida

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

I am a long time user of Arm and Hammer litter, however Special Kitty was on sale so I decided to give it a try. I was let down.

This litter gets everywhere, even more than regular litter. It seemed a lot messier than other litters that I have used.

I don't know if this is a common problem but my cats were really itchy after they used the litter box when this litter was in the litter box.

I like when the litter smells good and helps hide the smell of the box. I was not a fan of the smell of this litter.

It was cheaply priced but my experience with it was so unfortunate I ended up having to go back and buy my regular litter within a day or two, so it didn't really save me any money.

Moisture Absorption
      It did an OK job but it wasn't as good as the litter I usually use, I didn't see the moisture being absorbed as well as I would have liked.

The litter caused more mess than I would have liked.

Odor Control
      It didn't mask the smell as well as I would hoped it would, it did an okay job, maybe in an house where there was just one cat it would do OK.

• Odor Control:

I have used many different litters

Comments about Special Kitty Scoopable Cat Litter:

We have 6 cats in our home, most of which have been adopted from the humane society. In that regard we have tried many different litters on the market. While I prefer scoopable litter, sometimes it just isn't in our budget. That can get frustrating, but thanks to Special Kitty, we can slip it in! Although it is dusty, most clay litters are, it does clump up nice and tight around wetness. As long as your cat buries feces the smell can easily be contained as well. It does depend on your cat however, since I have one kitty that absolutely hates clay litter, so we make sure to accommodate to his needs. However for the price, this is one of the best clumping litters around.

Moisture Absorption
      It clumps up very tightly which makes scooping a breeze.

Easy to scoop and easy to dispose of as long as you don't let it sit too long without a full box change.

Odor Control
      It definitely doesn't have the same odor fighting qualities as higher quality scoopable litter, but it is sufficient.