Other Cat Litters:

Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter

Pros

Cons

Tidy Cats 24/7 for multiple cats

I never thought I would be reviewing cat litter, but as the owner (or owned by) of five indoor cats I had to give my input on Tidy Cats Multiple 24/7. As stated before I have five cats. Tidy Cats is the only brand I've tried that kills their litter box odors. I buy the large 35 pound bucket to fill the litter boxes. I like that it has large clumps for easy scooping when I clean the boxes. It is great for odor control as long as you scoop daily. If you have finicky cats this is important any way, they like a clean box. There is not much, if any, dust with this litter unlike regular clay litters. I hate when a poof of dust hits your face when you change litter boxes. That is not a problem with the Tidy Cat. I'm sure the cats appreciate this also. The pieces are tiny so tracking can occur. I solve this by placing each litter box on a small rug. It cuts down on the litter that sticks to their feet. I also like the reusable, stacking containers. I use them in the house, garden and for storage. If you own multiple cats then I highly recommend Tidy Cats 24/7 Multiple.

Moisture Absorption
Tidy Cat absorbs great. It clumps up to make cleaning very easy.

The only time I have problems in clumping in the corners of the large tote I use as a litter box. It tends to stick there, but that's the favorite "pee" spot. I just hose it out before scrubbing.

Odor Control
Cat boxes just stink no matter what. As long as I can clean daily there isn't much of an odor problem. I think if my one kitty would learn to bury his then it would be better.

Easy to use, just pour into a clean box and scoop daily.

Cheap price, cheap product and horrible smell!

I could give a very similar rating for every variety of Tidy Cat brand of cat litter. However, I chose the one that disappoints me the most because if I have to try and steer anyone away from buying a poorly made cat litter, Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter would be it! Between the horrible job it does of covering up urine and feces odor and the condition it leaves a litter box in after it fails to clump or absorb anything, I honestly cannot see how this litter is still on the shelves. The only thing positive about this product is the price but then again, for the performance it gives...it should be free!

Moisture Absorption
My cat could use the litter pan about 3 times before the whole litter pan would need to be dumped from the lack of moisture absorption that this litter provides. The only way I would ever use this litter again is if it were for a short trip to the vets office and back or any other trip lasting less than a few hours because after that the litter is useless.

Whether it's urine or feces, this litter refuses to clump in the least. This makes for a very messy and frustrating clean up. It is absolutely easier (yet a total waste) to just dump the entire litter pan and start over with a fresh pan of litter.

Odor Control
When using Tidy Cats Litter, I can smell the minute my cat uses the bathroom when it comes to defecation and it never dissipates unless I clean it out of the pan every time she goes. As far as urination goes; she may be able to use the litter pan 3 or 4 times before I would have to clean it. This is not only because I cannot stand the urine odor but also because she refuses to use the litter again after that many times. Even my cat knows this litter is the worst!

The only thing easy about using this litter is buying it and pouring it into the litter pan. Everything after that is literally a complete mess! I would not recommend Tidy Cat's 24/7 Performance Cat Litter to anyone.

Too messy tracks litter and dusty. Like the rest of the prod

from Nola

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
  • Pet Likes It

Cons

• Messy
  • Tracks

• Multiple Cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter:

Tracts all over my house. Very Dusty. Affects cats and people.

Only one for my cats

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter:

This is the only kitty litter my cats will use. One cat hates the "perfumed" litters and won't use the non scoop litters. She is extremely picky and Tidy Cat is the brand for her.

Moisture Absorption
This litter makes really nice lumps and captures all the moisture.

It is very easy to scoop out the lumps, always one clump that doesn't doesn't fall apart.

Odor Control
not really good when your cat makes stinkbombs

the clumps stay together and they are easy to scoop out. You don't have to fish out little broken pieces.

Good Product

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter:

Cat litter is never a great topic for conversation. It should be there but definitely not noticed, especially by a guest. That is why I like Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter, it goes unnoticed. I have had between one to four cats at any given time and I have found Tidy Cats up to the job, dirty one that it is. Over the years I have tried many brands but I do not feel that they have matched Tidy Cats for cost, value, or performance. As an additional note, I love the sturdy container as well. I have dropped it and not had it burst and because it is so durable, i always keep a container in my trunk in case of getting stuck in mud or snow. My Tidy Cats has gotten me out of a couple patches of snow in the past by helping my wheels gain traction in slick conditions and the sturdy container doesn't make a mess in my trunk like the bag I had there in the past. I have used Tidy Cats for nearly 20 years and will probably do so for another 20.

• Odor Control:

Cheap price, cheap product and horrible smell!

from Dallastown, PA

Pretty good.

from Pearl, MS

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter:

I've used alot of the Tidy Cat litters and they continue to be my favorite, but this one doesn't clump my cats pee as well as some of the others.

Moisture Absorption
My cat pees in the same spot in her litter box every single time. It's always in the same corner which is the hardest place to clean and scoop out. This litter does not clump it at all, in fact it's like the litter actually turns into...pee sand if you will. It might be because my cat pees in the same darn spot everytime, but I still wish I could get more clumping action from this litter.

As long as my cat poops and doesn't continue peeing in the same spot, it's pretty easy to clean. It scoops really easily.

Odor Control
I think the odor control is great considering I usually wait a few days in between cleanings. If you needed to skip a day or two you wouldn't have any odor issues.

It's really easy to use and it smells great. I really wish it were more lightweight, even though they have the lightweight version.

Great upgrade

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter:

The brand seems to be getting better and better with the current options that are available for high quality cat litter. This particular product is a gem. I smell virtually nothing when using this product. Very impressive!

Moisture Absorption
This product absorbs moisture quite well and it is non stop in that department. I usually scoop the litter box at minimum 4-5 times per day. I don't smell anything no matter when I am doing this, which for me is a huge bonus.

This is probably the easiest time I have ever had cleaning the litter box using this product. There is no dust coming from the litter, and it clumps very well.

Odor Control
It does a great job control any odors, especially urine. This is usually the biggest issues i have will certain litters and the claim to control the urine smell and it doesn't.

Super easy to use this product. I have not experienced any issues using this product, as it has actually made my job easier.

Easy to scoop

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter:

Have found that it clumps up better than the rest and that it is easy to scoop out when cleaning it out. Like the way it really does not smell up the house. Our cat seems to like it the best out of any of the other litter products. It does collect all the moisture and clump it real good. Have found that with others they just do not collect all the moisture and the cat gets the moisture on their paws and the litter and carries it around the house which can be a real mess. I do recommend Tidy Cat to be the best one.

• Odor Control:

Best litter for multi cat homes

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter:

I have 3 adult cats using one litter box, this is the only one that eliminates urine odor and clumps very well. People are surprised I have 3 cats....no odor.
It is easy to dispose of the clumps and keep the box going.

Moisture Absorption
It clums into solid lumps,that are easily removed.

Using a scoop the job is done simply.

3 cats and no smell.

Simply pour and scoop

Tidy cats scoopable litter

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter:

So while this does say for multiple cats, we buy it for our one and only cat. I really like this litter as does my cat! It is the best litter I have found to control odors, I do not even smell it unless he's gone a few times and we've been out for a while. It clumps up the waste and is very easy to scoop up and dump out. Our house does not smell like we have a cat using this litter. It is low in cost and seems to last us quite a long time.

Moisture Absorption
Absorbs moisture very well, as soon as he goes it's absorbed into the litter and clumps up perfectly.

After my cat goes I let it sit for a few minutes so the clump hardens some. If you do this it will scoop right up and the clump won't break apart.

Odor Control
I honestly do not smell it all when it's urine. Of course your going to smell a bowel movement but this litter really helps in containing the smell and my entire house does not stink from it.

Super easy to use, just pour it in your litter box. I put in about three inches and completely change every 10 days.

• Odor Control:

High performance at a value price

Comments about Tidy Cats Scoop 24/7 Performance Cat Litter:

I have used a lot of different cat litter brands looking for the right performance for my cats (and myself.) Tidy Cats Scoopable Litter for Multiple Cats has fit the bill for all of us, and is easy on the budget as well.

Moisture Absorption
As long as the litter in the box is kept fresh and clean, it does a great job of absorbing all the urine and clumping it hard and dry. When the litter needs changed it will begin to get sticky instead of hard.

This litter clumps better than any other litter I have tried. Everything is dry and clumped, I never have to scrub my boxes anymore.

Odor Control
The odor control with this litter is outstanding. I have had guests stay in my home for hours, unknowingly walking right past the litter boxes over and over without knowing there were cats in the home until they saw them. Like any litter, it needs to be kept clean and fresh to work as well as it can.

This litter has made my job so much easier. The boxes are easier to clean and dump, and the jug makes it easy to handle and pour.