Other Cat Litters:

Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter

Pros

Cons

• Odor Control:

Best cat litter for multi cat families

We have 10 cats at present, but we have had as many as 20 at one time in the past. With 10 cats we have 12 litter boxes, and our home is 2600 square feet. I always worry that anyone visiting will notice litter box odor but that worry is not valid. Over the years, our oldest is 11, we have had many visitors both friends and repair people. I can't count how many times a repair person or someone that didn't know we even had cats would spy one of our cats and say "I didn't know you cat cats" which I would then tell them we had 10 or however many at that time. They would look very surprised and say that they never knew it and usually they could tell by the smell when in other homes. That is the best compliment that can be paid to Arm & Hammer Multiple Cat litter.

I did check too much dust as a con but in all honesty, most litters that we have tried over the years are dusty and if no odor means I have to dust more often, to me it is well worth it.

Moisture Absorption
There is nothing I hate worse than to scoop a clump that falls apart or sticks to the scoop. You will not have that with A&H Multi Cat Clumping Litter. I have actually scooped immediately after one of our cats peed, and scooped it with no breaking or sticking.

Since we have been using A&H Multi Cat Clumping Litter, we do not have to empty and refill the litter boxes as often. Since the litter clumps and scoops completely there are no little after pieces left. When we are ready to clean the box, it dumps right out, and rinses away easily.

Odor Control
We have 10 cats now but have had up to 20 at one time, odor control is key to our house. We tried quite a few litters and the only one that keeps the house odor free is the A&H Multi Cat Clumping litter. We have had people, and servicemen tell us that if they had not seen one of the cats, they would have no idea we even had cats. That says it all.

The cats like this litter, it doesn't stick to their fur like others have. It scoops clean without leaving little pieces. Scooping is a chore but with this litter, it is less of a chore by not having to pick out the pieces left behind from some litters.

Not a remarkable product

Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter is not that great of a cat litter box product. I will give it the benefit of the doubt that it indeed does clump, but just not that well or completely. This product has fallen apart when I use the cat litter clump removal scoop with slots in it, making the cat waste break up in several smaller dark damp clumps that I have to make an effort to re-scoop up again. As far as it holding up in single large clumps for waste removal it doesn't do so well. Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter's granules are medium in size and has a slightly pleasant odor out of the packing , but does not do that well as far as concealing odors coming from the litter box. I can still smell fresh cat waste when using this product which prompts me to scoop and dispose of it right away as opposed to relaxing and putting off scooping for any amount of time.

Moisture Absorption
It doesn't do that well as far as moisture absorption.

I have to put in some effort when cleaning this product from the litter box.

Odor Control
The odor control of Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter is terrible.

The ease of use is not that good at all.

It is Okay-- Just Okay

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter:

I give this product a higher score because it does keep the cat litter odors away, and any product that is capable of doing that certainly has positive qualities gong . You can use this cat litter with as many cats as you would like, and as long as the box is cleaned on a regular basis, you should have no worries of odors. I have used this product on two occasions, and not once did I have any worries over smells or odors.

The cat litter is a bit too messy for my liking. It is difficult to scoop out the mess without making a bigger mess as you do it. I found that, even though it says it clumps, it does not, so you're stuck in bit of a rut.

All in all this is a cheap product that any cat owner can afford to buy. It is not the perfect product on the market, but it is also far from the worse. It keeps odors at bay but can be messy if you're not carefuil

Moisture Absorption
The cat litter is mediocre in this department.

Odor Control
Blocks all odors! Very impressed with this feature.

Not a remarkable product

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Moisture Absorption
It doesn't do that well as far as moisture absorption.

I have to put in some effort when cleaning this product from the litter box.

Odor Control

The ease of use is not that good at all.

Great Cat Litter

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter:

I buy many Arm & Hammer products so I wanted to try their cat litter. They are a well known and trusted brand. Their products are of great quality but are more reasonably priced than other name brands. I have two cats and I'm glad I gave Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter a try. They like it and I like it. It does a great job of keeping messes and odors under control. I do use other brands depending on what coupons I have but this is one of my favorite. I often find coupons for this online and in newspapers.

Moisture Absorption
This litter absorbs urine well. It does not take long at all for a nice hard clump to form. It also does a great job with solid waste also.

This makes keeping a litter box clean very easy. This clumps very quickly and nicely. It doesn't tend to fall apart while scooping waste out.

Odor Control
This has a nice fresh scent. It seems to do a great job of neutralizing odors. I don't like litters that smell to strongly of a perfume scent.

Great leading brand

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter:

I have used this in the past and have been somewhat impressed with what it does to a certain degree. I like that it does contain the urine smell pretty good. Although, it does not really do the best job when you have multiple cats using the same litter box. When using this product, you do have to change the litter box a bit more often, every 2-3 days. At least that is the experience I had with this product.

Moisture Absorption
It did a moderately good job of absorbing the urine smell.

This product reigns superior in the area of cleaning. The clumping action is great, as it clumps very tightly with very little spillage.

Odor Control
There is some odor, however it is faint. I am somewhat skeptical of its use for multiple cats, as I think it might be best used for 2 or less cats.

Very easy to use this product. I have not experienced any issues with this product, nor have any of my cats, at the time I was using this product.

Arm & Hammer multi-cat clumping litter

Comments about Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter:

At one point we had two cats so we would buy the litters specifically for multi-cat. I am not really sure if they are any better than single litters, but price is similar so we bought them. I really liked this one as did both cats. It did a great job at masking odors and containing the odors so the whole house does not smell. It formed nice hard clumps making cleaning the litter box a breeze. Very little dust too when pouring out. I like the nice clean fresh scent of Arm & Hammer and this litter had a nice scent to it right out of the box.

Moisture Absorption
Absorbed moisture very well. I could clean out the litter box minutes after a cat used it.

Forms nice hard clumps that do not break up easily. Scoops up nicely making cleaning nice and easy.

Odor Control
Does a great job at controlling and masking odors. I could not tell the cats went unless we were out all day and they went a lot.

Pours very easily into litter box, very little dust which is nice.

Good cat litter

Comments about Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter:

I am the proud owner of three cats (two female, one male), I have four litter boxes in my house. Since I need lots of litter, I am not loyal to one brand, but tend to buy what is on sale. I have several that are my go to brands and Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter is one of them.

Moisture Absorption
My cats are weird. They have two boxes they urinate in, and the other two boxes...they take care of their other business. Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter seems to do a good job with moisture absorption in those boxes. I hate cleaning those boxes, but this product does make it easier.

Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter is a good clumping litter. I think it clumps a little better than the rest.

Odor Control
Lets face it, cat boxes stink. I haven't found any litter that makes that not so. Odor control is for Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter is average, and I don't find any of the brands are any better for multiple cat homes. You have the same mess in the box whether you have one cat or three. You just have more of it with three.

Scooping is easy. I find myself doing it three or four times a day.

What a Great Switch!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter:

I recently switched from using World's Best Cat Litter to Arm and Hammer multi cat. I have never been more impressed with a litter! I was using Nature's Best because it was flushable and supposed to be the best around, I am much more impressed with the absorbency and odor blocking power of Arm and Hammer and can even find it right in my local stores! I have two Sphynx cats that can be rather picky about the litter that they use, and this product is great. We used to have accidents outside of the litter box, but no more. It is a clumping litter and does not fall apart like some other litters do when you are scooping. It has a pleasant scent that is not overpowering, and does not drive the cats away from the litter box. When we have guests over, they cannot even tell that we have cats, which is a great attribute. I will continue to buy Arm and Hammer multi cat, as it is the best product we've found on the market!

Decent Littler

Comments about Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter:

If you have a lot of cats then you should definitely get this. I have one little stink bomb (literally) and this stuff can handle the nuclear bombs she drops. So if you have more than one normal cat, you'd be good to go with this litter.

Moisture Absorption
Clumps great! All the liquidy bits stay together, you can scoop them up and get them out without fear of them crumbling into a huge mess.

Super easy! Does wonders at keeping everything clumped.

Odor Control
OMG this stuff is amazing! It helps control order so well! My little 10 lb stink bomb can through her worst at this litter and it just keeps coming back for more. She can create some of the worst, most foul smelling smells in the known universe. I'm pretty sure she has a tear gas factory in her bum. This litter goes to work and keeps her and her smells in check.

Super easy to use! I hate that the handles on these boxes will break, but the way they design the pour spout makes it super easy to get more litter in the box, and not on your floor.

• Odor Control:

Since trying clumping litter, it's all I will buy now.

from West Virginia

Comments about Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter:

I tried clumping litter for the first time a few months ago and was skeptic that I wouldn't like it. Since I gave it a try, I won't go back to litter that doesn't clump. The clumping litter has saved me from having to waste so much litter. It has also eliminated the need for me to install a second cat box or to scoop and sprinkle so much baking soda.

The Arm and Hammer litter has baking soda built in so it's strong against odors. My biggest worry was about urine but as soon as the cats pee, the clumping litter soaks up all the urine. Any left over amonia smells is absorbed by the awesome power of baking soda in this litter. This litter has been great for me. I won't be going back to nonclumping. I can scoop the litter daily and instead of wet litter, now I have mostly fresh litter that doesn't stink. Sometimes I can save my litter for up to a week.

Moisture Absorption
This litter absorbs urine and liquid bm's very quick and it clumps up. The clumps retain the smell and make my job of cleaning much easier.

The clumping litter makes cleaning the box so much easier. All the litter comes out when it's time for a full cleanse so I don't have to scrub. I can soap up the pan, rinse, repeat and add litter for a fresh clean pan. The clumps make scooping so nice.

Odor Control
This brand is great for odor control. The baking soda really tackles any left over odor from the urine.

This stuff is so easy to use but you have to remember to scoop every day or every other day because you want your cats or other animals to be able to cover their business with ease. The clumps get in the way after a day or two so be sure to keep scooping. It is really worth it economically.

Works great

Comments about Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter:

We had previously used an off-brand clay litter for our kittens, but switched to this once they were old enough. The difference was amazing! It definitely helped mask the smell, and the clumping action made it way easier to clean up.

Odor Control
Odor control was great, but still don't expect any miracles- it does need to be cleaned every 24 hours, especially with multiple cats.