Other Cat Litters:
10044600304417, 44600030395
Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon

Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon

• Odor Control:

Fresh Step Is My Cat's Choice and Mine!!!!!!!

Fresh Step clumping cat litter has a great fresh scent.  It doesn't lose it's pleasant aroma even after multiple uses by your cat. Every time your cat moves the litter around, it releases a fresh aroma unlike some other types of litter.

This litter also clumps great. No matter what business your cat is doing, the litter immediately clumps and makes cleaning out your litter box a very easy task. The clumps also stick together well so that when you clean out the litter box, the pieces of litter aren't falling all over the place on the way to the trash can. And your cat isn't dragging the litter all over the house because it is not sticking to their paws.

My cat seems to really like this litter and has let me know in the past when I have tried to sneak in a different cat litter.

The price is very reasonable and the litter comes in many different sizes to fit all budgets.  There are also paw points that you get when you buy this litter that can be redeemed on the Fresh Step website for coupons and other cool cat products.

I would recommend this litter for anyone that has one cat or many. It is one of the ways to make your life alot easier.

Just too expensive

First let me say that we are a four cat household.  Therefore, we have two litter boxes and go through a lot of litter.

At first, I was quite pleased...Read complete review

At first, I was quite pleased with Fresh Step Cat Litter.  We purchased the litter at our local warehouse club.  So we got quite a bit of litter for a better price than we would at say, the pet store.  I liked the smell and it appeared to be working.

However, this was deceiving.  The smell of Fresh Step Cat Litter is far better than that of most litters.  However, when we started comparing how much cat litter we were going through, we realized just how often we were having to change the cat litter box.  The litter only seemed to last a couple of days and even at the good warehouse prices, it was about 2-3 times more expensive than the Tidy cat. And Fresh Step Cat Litter just simply isn't made for a house with three or more cats in it.

We also had a lot of problems with the Paw Points program and our codes just never seemed to pull up anything.  This was more of a hassle than it was worth for sure.

Lastly, the litter is pretty dusty.  We have a cat with asthma and this litter was not good for her breathing.

Hate the change in scent. Please go back to original scent.

from Ocean Shores, Wa.

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change

Cons

• Pet Doesn't Like It
  • Smells Bad

• Small Pets

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

I loved the original scent. Always smelled nice. Now it smells. Hate the Febreze scent.

Good for multiple cats.

Profile Image

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
  • Good Value
  • Long-Lasting
  • Multiple Cats
  • Reduces Odor

Cons

• Tracks

• Finicky Cats
  • Kittens
  • Multiple Cats
  • Small Pets

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

Part of having a cat or cats is that you have the task of finding the right kitty litter for your needs.

I like a lot of pet owners have used what seems like every brand and variation of cat litter over the course of my pet ownership. And like with most litters that . Have used Fresh Step Odor with odor eliminating carbon has both goood and bad things going for it.

First the good. It does a good job of keeping the odor hidden or at the very least pretty well covered up. It also works well with multiple cats. We had four when we were using this. And it handled two litter boxes and four cats quite well.

The bad. The biggest issue I had with it was the amount of litter that was tracked out of the litter box by the cats. That is my biggest issue.

The smell is pleasent enough. It for sure is better than some of the other litters that I have used .

The price is about what I would expect, it's not top dollar and also not the cheapest. It's about in the middle of the price for kitty litter.

I also noticed that it does fine for cats with sensitive skin.

affects the senses

from Branford, CT

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

This product does clump well. But that does not mean that overall this is the right product to purchase. My concern is for my cat, myself and my environment. The scent is very strong and not to pleasing to the nose. Couple that smell which is present in this dusty product means that is goes everywhere, especially on our beloved cat. Example: when we pet him we smell litter, and we smell litter on our hands and clothes.

effective

Hold breath because of dust

effective

Way too dusty!

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

This litter worked pretty well, it clumped decently with liquid, and the number two business was a breeze to scoop out, and didn't reek of poo when I scooped it out which was a plus. Nobody wants to smell their kitties doo doo, but the rancid cloud of dust that emits from dumping litter in the cat box is disgusting and makes all the benefits not worth it. You can smell and taste it no matter how hard you try not to. It's so bad that it makes you sneeze and cough, and it seems to stick to everything. I can see a film from this litter on the wall by the cat box and it's definitely on the floor around the box. My cat has never had any health issues and when I used this litter she immediately began to sneeze and act sick. This lasted severely until I stopped using this litter and she still had some sneezing going on until about a week of non use. I wasn't able to finish the large size litter I purchased because of it harming my cats respiratory system. When I did use it I had to add litter to the box a lot and it's really expensive. It did have a good scent but not when it was a cloud in my face. I think it's not worth the cost and most definitely not worth the coughing fits, nor is it worth making your cat ill.

Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor Eliminating Carbon

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

Having tried what seems like endless brands of litter, I'll still be looking for the long term. Yes this is a high quality litter and priced somewhat comparable to the other medium to high end litters. It has carbon which is basically charcoal. It's a good litter at a reasonable price but I'm not sure the charcoal works any better than the baking soda which I put into every litter I buy. Until I can get the cats to use the toilet, I will keep looking for a better less expensive litter. With three cats it must be changed twice a day.

Moisture Absorption
This litter absorbs very well and clumps great. Some of the cheaper litters tend to clay up and make a huge mess when moisture is on it and it's no fun having to clean it up. I haven't had that problem with Fresh Step with carbon.

Once again it's a very good clumping litter and is pretty easy to clean. Of course cleaning the box more often will save you lot's of work in the long run but this cleans up quite easily.

Odor Control
It works pretty well. I will say that as with all litter, I add baking soda as I think it makes a big difference in odor control.

Yes, it's as easy to use as any of the premium litters.

Love this product

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

I have had several cats over the years and have tried out many different kinds of cat litter. I would have to say that this cat litter is my favorite. The best thing about this cat litter is it eliminates odor wonderfully. I have never had a problem with the house smelling like a dirty litter box. Not only does this cat litter reduce odor really well, it even has a nice fresh smell to it. It is not a smell that will go throughout your home or anything, but it is noticeable when you get close to the litter box. Also this cat litter absorbs really well. It is really easy to use a scooper with this cat litter. I had to rate this cat litter a nine out of ten only because of the cost. I can understand why it costs a little more than some brands, but it just is not something that I can afford to buy all the time. I would definitely recommend it to others to try because it works really good and is very easy to clean up.

Great Litter - If You Hate Your Cat and Yourself

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

This litter is Toxic, and I am horrified that more cat owners are not aware of the untreatable respiratory illnesses this litter causes in cats and even in humans!
The dust that billows out of the container is not just annoying and incredibly smelly, but also clings to the lung tissue of cats (and owners) and causes coughing and hacking. If using this same litter over a long period of time, your cat is essentially gathering "mud" from the dust in its lungs and there's nothing you can do about that.
The amount of dust from this litter is so great, I have to wear a bandana over my face when I change my cat's litter.

The benefit people seem to find most in Fresh Step is the odor control, but I find the odor of this litter to be overpowering and it clings to my cat. The dust also clings to the normally silky black coat of my cat, so he looks gray now. I don't find this litter particularly easy to scoop either. The solid waste is fine (as it would be if I used no litter) but his urine always crumbles into little balls of dry pee that I can't sift out of his box.

Prior to foolishly buying the 42lb bag of this junk, I used Tidy Cats, and I will be returning to that brand immediately. I don't think a great value or having my cat's poop-box smell like a Victoria's Secret, is worth the health risks posed to my pet and myself.

Moisture Absorption
Clumps of urine tend to disintegrate if not in one huge piece, leaving small balls of dried urine that are impossible to sift out.

Dust, dust, everywhere! It creates a bigger mess than litter with larger particles.

Odor Control
The only odor you smell is the litter and it is EXTREMELY potent. It clings to the fur of your cat, to your clothes and it is not a pleasant smell. It reeks of chemicals, even if it is derived from carbon and natural ingredients.

It's ridiculously dusty, it doesn't hold moisture together well, and the container it comes in is less than convenient.

Dusty and Expensive

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

I've used Fresh Step for many years and have tried all their various formulas, including their Scoopable Litter with Odor-Eliminating Carbon.

Performance wise I frankly cannot tell the difference between this formula and their others. The carbon crystals don't seem to provide any extra benefit that I've experienced.

The litter does clump up very nicely and forms hard clumps that are easy to remove from the box which makes cleaning the box easier.

I have successfully used this formula in both a traditional box and a Littermaid box and it has worked well in both applications.

The litter is extremely dusty as well. When you pour it into the box it sends up a cloud of dust that makes you sneeze and lands all over every surface around. It also leaves a film of dust on the walls surrounding the box.

The price is also significantly higher than other brands. Although they do have a Paw Points program where you earn free litter it's just not worth the extra expense.

• Odor Control:

Fresh Step with Odor- Eliminating Carbon is FRESH!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

As far as clay litters are concerned Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon is the best! The odor eliminating carbons really work! I honestly didn't notice any odor at all in my litter boxes. Oh course I'm a litter box scooping fool. I scoop several times a day. But this is the best as far as this type of litter goes. It's wonderful for multi cat homes. It absorbs odors and moisture wonderfully. It has a fresh scent that isn't too strong. It's just strong enough to keep the litter box fresh. It also clumps hard. The clumps don't fall apart when another cat uses the litter box. So it doesn't leave any odor left behind.

Moisture Absorption
Absorbs moisture wonderfully. No wetness is left behind.

In the litter boxes that I use when I go to dump the litter, not just scoop it. It does tend to stick to the bottom of the box so a little scrubbing is needed. But it isn't a big job so it's fine.

Odor Control
I didn't have any odor at all.

As easy as any other litter.

first choice

from Mechanicsburg, PA

Comments about Fresh Step Scoopable Litter with Odor- Eliminating Carbon:

My cats definitely prefer Fresh Step Litter. I wish they made unscented in the larger boxes. In my opinion, Fresh Step causes more dust than it used to--that's my one con.

It's as easy to clean as all other clumping litter and better than most but, again, my one con is the dust it creates.