Other Credit Cards:

Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Great perks if you use credit.

We are almost credit card debt free but we have used out Southwest card and earned free flights for the last few years. We have been happy with the service and perks that have been involved with this card. You earn a free round trip flight for every 16 credits (8 credits equals a one way trip) on Southwest Airlines. You can combine the credits you earn by flying with Southwest and the credits you earn for using the Southwest credit card. We always fly Southwest so this makes sense for our family. You earn one credit for every $2000 you spend and you receive double points for Southwest Airline purchase and other affiliated hotels, car rentals and other travel related expenses. We use and pay off our card every month to earn the flights.  The one con is that there is a $70 per year annual fee. It wouldn't be worth it if you weren't earning and using at least one round trip flight a year. We just saved $360 using ours this year.

Has gone downhill as of late and is about to get worse

I've had this card for a number of years and I used to absolutely love and use it for everything. Ever since they reworked the way you earn southwest points ins become a bit useless to me, there are hardly rewards at all these days. The one good thing about this card was the payment protection plan. I've been struggling with my finances the last few years and have been able to continually defer my payments which is great! The bad news is they are discontinuing this program entirely next year. I will pay it off and probably still use it to buy flights on Southwest but I can't see myself using it for everyday purchases like I used to.

Customer Service
I've never had a bad customer service experience with them. Every time I call for payment protection activation or anything else the associates I talk to are always friendly, polite, and willing to solve my problems.

Available Rates
Not worth it anymore with the changes to the Southwest rewards program and the closing payment protector program. Why pay more for less?

Southwest visa is super

from Austin, TX

Comments about Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card:

I have had a Southwest Airlines visa credit card for over 5 years. From time to time, I get other credit cards that I use for a while, but end up closing the account. This is not the case with my Southwest card. It is my tried and true card. I use it for everything. It does have an annual fee each year of $99, that was waived the first year I had the card. I am charged the $99 each year for the card, but I don't mind because each year you get bonus miles when you renew your card. Within a year, I usually earn enough for two round trip flights for myself. I am not a huge spender, but this making the ability to have a summer vacation simple. I get rewarded for what I already do, which is purchase things like gas and groceries. You can also earn extra miles if you shop in certain categories or eat at certain restaurants.

l wold buy or free

from kosovo

I give now

hi

from paris

Comments about Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card:

visa is verry good and nice

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Southwest delivers

Comments about Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card:

The only reason I did not give Southwest rewards card a 10 is because they only give a point per dollar instead of a anywhere from 2 to 5 points per dollar. I have had a Southwest Rewards cards for several years. I charge just about everything I can to accumulate rewards points. Instead of using my debit card I use my Southwest card and then pay the bill in its entirety when I receive it. Because of this I have been able to purchase several plane tickets with my points. This is a tremendous help and allows me to spend more after I reach my destination or stay in a nicer hotel. What a pleasure to get to Las Vegas and be able to use the money I would have paid for plane tickets on an upgrade at The Bellagio or Caesars Palace where I can have a fantastic view of the strip and be pampered like a princess. Southwest has always been more then helpful with any concern I may have. Good customer service is REALLY a plus.

Always very helpful!

• Available Rates:

Great way to get free travel

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card:

Southwest Airlines is the best "no frills" low fare airline and the cost of travel just got even better. If you open a credit card through their Rapid Rewards program you get two or three free round trip tickets. Yes, there is a fee involved to have the card but it is less than a hundred dollars and you get two or three round trip tickets. That's a real bonus, plus you continue to earn points toward other trips every time that you charge using their card. You pay no interest if you pay the entire balance of the card and it's a win win situation for the consumer.

Customer Service
I have flown Southwest for years and have always found their service to be outstanding. They go out of their way to be helpful and to ensure that your flying experience be a good one. They are still the most generous airline when it comes to baggage allowance and they do offer lots of options when choosing travel. The points that you receive from using your credit card add up to a trip a lot quicker than you might imagine and this airline is generous when you are a member of their Rapid Rewards travel program. It is one of my favorite programs. I just wish Southwest flew to Hawaii and Europe.

Available Rates
The interest that is charged through this credit card is typical of any credit card, however if you pay the entire balance there is no interest charged.

Great Rewards-Great Bonus

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card:

So last year I wrote a positive review for Southwest Airlines. I still stand by the fact that they are a great, economical choice for travel needs. Well, since flying with them several times over the years, I finally took notice of one of the letters I received regarding their Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Card through Chase. For those unfamiliar, Rapid Rewards is the reward/mileage program used by Southwest Airlines. With the Rapid Rewards Plus Visa card, you receive 1 Rapid Rewards point for every dollar you spend. They also do special promotions where you can receive more points, such as when you book Southwest Airlines travel and certain hotel stays as well.
When I signed up they were running a great introductory offer-if you spent $2000 in the first three months of having your card, you would receive 50000 bonus miles (this would be on top of the 2000 miles you would get for spending $2000). Suffice to say I signed up immediately. Now they do have a $99 per year fee, but if you travel, that fee is more than paid for with your airline tickets.
Here it is three months after signing up for the card. I have spent (more) than that amount, and I received my bonus points within days of reaching that goal. I also booked a trip to Las Vegas, which only required 24,000 miles (so I still have thousands of miles left over). Booking using my miles was simple, and I have yet to have a problem with the card.
If you travel at least once a year, and you use Southwest Airlines, you would be crazy not to use this card.

• Available Rates:

Free flights add up quick!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card:

This is a great credit card for earning rewards that you can use and earn free flights on Southwest Airlines. I used to use this card all of the time when I would fly with Southwest a lot, and the rewards really did add up quick and give me a free flight a lot, which is nice when you are taking a personal flight for you and your family, who doesn't like free. This card has varied interest rates but I got a good one and always paid it off, so I never had to pay interest on it. Customer service was always friendly if I needed to talk to them and made sure that I was satisfied with the card, rewards and was helpful when it came to redeeming the rewards and getting the flight that you wanted at the time that you wanted, without blacking out tons of dates and making it almost impossible to use. If you enjoy getting free flights by earning rewards than I think that this credit card is amazing for it and very valuable!

High Interest Rate

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card:

Overall, this is a good card if you just need a small amount of emergency money/credit on hand (under $1,000). However, I this card is subject to high interest rates. For those with not so good credit it's worth it being able to have a card to help build your credit score. For those who typically carry a balance month to month, I don't think it's a good idea.

Customer Service
So far, I've had nothing but good experiences with the customer service reps at Capital One. If I've ever had a discrepancy, it was quickly addressed and even more quickly corrected. However, I can only recall one time I've needed to reach out to them since I've had the card (approximately three years), which I believe is a testament to how good Capital One's service is.

Available Rates
Rates are very high. My card has double digit interest rates. I am planning to call to try and get the interest rate lowered. However, I don't use the card frequently enough to let it bother me. I don't carry a balance on the card so the interest rate doesn't really affect me.

Great if you fly often

Comments about Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card:

The Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card works best for people who like to travel often. I use the credit card for small things such as grocery shopping or clothes shopping, because the interest rate is adequate. Although the interest rate isn't high as some others, I would still be aware of what you use it for. I use it for small things so that I can pay off the bill at the end of each month- and it works great! Since I don't use it all that often, it takes me a long time to get miles- but I have had enough points before for a trip. Overall, if you spend wisely, you will be rewarded greatly.

Customer Service
The customer service is great! They have always been friendly and helpful whenever I need it. Waiting for someone to get to the phone can be a hassle, but it's worth it. They are willing to help out in any way they can, and have even helped me with some errors placed on my card. I love this aspect of Southwest Airlines the best!

• Available Rates:

I LUV this card and the rewards

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Visa Credit Card:

This is one of my favorite credit cards to use. I fly Southwest airlines all of the times and having this reward card to earn extra miles has been a life saver. The interest rate is low, and I use it for all of my monthly bills to earn additional points. I like to pay off the balance every month, however there are months that I cannot pay it off completely and since the interest is low enough, it is okay in my mind.
This card is easy to redeem the miles once you have a reward and there really isn't many black out dates that apply. The customer service has always been great when I ever had questions about my account of the rewards. I would highly recommend using this card if you are a fan of Southwest Airlines, it really pays off.

Customer Service
The customer service department has always been very helpful with this card. They can answer account related questions along with questions about reward points.