3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

One of the best airline cards, for one of the best airlines

A great card with great benefits.  With the Alaska Airlines Signature Visa you get:

1.)  ***One companion 1/2 price ticket good for anywhere Alaska/Horizon Air flies every year.***

2.)  ***Discount option for Alaska Airlines Board Room membership.***

3.)  ***2000 bonus mile anniversary award for each year you have your card.***

4.)  ***24/7 Concierge service.***

5.)  ***2 miles for every dollar spent on Alaska/Horizon Air travel***

6.)  ***1 mile for every dollar spent on your card.***

This card in short, rocks!!!  You can redeem your miles on Alaska Airlines web site for Alaska or other participating airlines with your airmiles, get awards for other airlines and choose your seats on other airlines.

It's the best card I have found for actual functionality with the bank card /airmiles connection.  Best of all, it's with Bank of America.  I find it to be a solidly good investment of my resources.  I think the combination of Alaska Airlines, my favorite airline, and Bank of America, my bank for over 25 years, is one fabulous combination.

In my hood, Alaska is king, and the Alaska Airlines Signature Visa makes my travel dreams come true.

It rocks!  I give it ***5 stars***!!

Promise of 25,000 Alaska Airline Miles is Misleading

I was approved for the Alaska Airlines Signature Visa card due to my excellent credit and was excited about the many benefits advertised. Disappointment soon followed my excitement when I came to understand they lie like a rug. I was awarded 5,500 miles. 5000 for the stated sign up bonus and 500 for opening an online milage account with Alaska Airlines. ...and yes, I was approved for the "signature card", not one of the other two cards of lesser value. The board room vouchers were not awarded either. They did award the $99 companion ticket voucher as promised, and that is the reason I am rating them two stars instead of one.

I wish the penalty for bait and switch advertising was harsh enough to prevent it.

the card that gives you access to all Alaska Airlines offers

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

This card is excellent. I have it attached to rewards and along with it comes a once a year companion flight. This allows one person to fly anywhere for $90.00. You also accumulate points with your purchases which gets you faster and cheaper airline flights and other offers that they have which are significant. I use this card for everything, not just airline flights, but for hair cuts, and everything else from soup to nuts.

Customer Service
Customer service is excellent. Whenever I have had a problem with a merchant or anything else, they are quick to respond and find a way to fix it to your satisfaction. If it takes the fraud department, they are quick to employ them.

Available Rates
Their rates are comparable with the caliber of card you have. If you carry a balance, which I do, you can expect to pay interest charges. One time the services put me over my limit and they charged me an over limit fee, a simple phone call and they reversed the charge.

The CC for Seattle

from united states

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

The Bank of America Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card is great for those people who live in Seattle, Washington or love to travel to the Pacific Northwest. When selecting a milage reward credit card, I highly recommend researching the airline thoroughly before committing. Alaska Airlines has good customer service and many fabulous destinations throughout the United States. Unfortunately, Alaska Airlines is not a major international airline so you are unable to use your miles for as many destinations as one may desire.

Customer Service
The Bank of America Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card comes with comes complete with the Bank of America customer service team. They are generally available 24/7 and have thousands of easily accessible branches. In addition, the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Credit Card is accepted anywhere that will accept Visa (which is pretty much everywhere today).

Alaska Airlines Signature Visa

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

This is really a "no brainer". If you are an Alaska Mileage plan member get this card! The yearly fee is $75...which is high. But you get a companion ticket every year. You can pay $99 for a companion fare when you purchase another regular ticket. Worth a lot more than the annual fee.

great for miles

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

We got the Alaska Airlines Signature Visa cards a couple of years Ago because when you signed up you recieved 20,000 miles.  So I got one and my husband got one thereby giving us each a free ticket for our desired destination.  The Alaska Airlines Signautre visa cards also came with a friend flies for 50 dollars ticket which we then used for our children's tickets.  all in all it came out to a very inexpensive trip flight wise.  I think the friend tickets are seventy five dollars now but that is still pretty good.  We have kept the cards to accumulate miles for our next trip.  Bank of America is pretty easy to work with as they have lots of information on line and you can pay your bill on line.  But, they will not do things like postponing your due date if you made a mistake in paying your bill.  Some cards will do this Bank of America will not.  But if you keep track of your due date and be careful no to throw out the bill on accident it is okay.

A great card but with a somewhat steep annual fee.

from Portland, OR

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

I've been using the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card for a couple of years now.  I fly Alaska Airlines quite a bit because I'm based out of Portland, Oregon, and the PDX airport is a big hub for Alaska.  They have great service, great schedules and connections, and I'd highly recommend the airline (but will save that for another review ;)).

So - If you sign-up for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card through Bank of America, you will have to pay a $75 annual fee.  BUT - this is worth it if you are a frequent flyer.

Just for signing up, you will be credited with 20,000 frequent flyer miles.  After a set amount of purchases (about $500 for me), you'll be credited with another 5,000 miles.  Also, you always get AT LEAST one mile for every dollar you spend on the card!  Even more points per dollar for select merchants, categories, etc.

To top this all off, you're given a '$50 companion' ticket every year so that when you fly free using all your miles, your spouse or friend can fly with you for only $50.

If you fly a lot - then check out this card.  The annual fee will be peanuts compared with what you wind up saving in air fare!

Promise of 25,000 Alaska Airline Miles is Misleading

from Portland, OR

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

Bank of America will close your account for no reason

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

I've had my secured B of A Alaska Airlines card for almost three years now. I have never once been late, honestly! I have almost 35000 miles right now, and I have already used miles for reduced priced tickets, but B of A decided to close my SECURED account for no reason. No calls. No mail. No email. Nothing. When I try to call they won't even take my call! Now my credit is going to be hurt because this was my longest line of credit besided paying off my second car this year.

If you want an airlines card, stay away from B of A!

Very good card, pay it off in 30 days, charge everything.

from Lake Oswego, OR

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

The card has worked well and I have had it since 2003. Try to charge all of our monthly expenses plus some luxury items. Then payoff card in 30 days to avoid any interest. Have had to do some juggling when I have a high balance but never go over $3000 in a month. Have taken some very nice vacations with the miles.

Expensive card

from Eagle, ID

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

I have had my Alaskin Airlines signiture card for three years. i originally thought it would be a good card to have, but the interest rate is very high, even though my credit is excellent. The annual fee is the highest of any mileage card I have had. I thought the benefit of an annual airline buddy pass for $50 sounded good but found out that they add several "costs" into the final expense and there is very little savings. I used my miles to purchase an airline ticket one way and paid the return flight on Alaskin airlines but found that I coud have spent less buying a full round trip ticket on Southwest airlines. I have cancelled this card and now use a southwest visa card. The only really positive thing I can say about the Alaskin Airlines Signiture card is that it looked really cool. The black card with gold writing looked great and made me feel worthwhile. I took this card with me to Mexico but choose to use a card with a lower interest rate while I was there.

GREAT FOR CARRYING OVER MILEAGE ANNUALLY

from Marysville, WA

Comments about Bank of America - Alaska Airlines Signature Visa Card:

I LOVE THIS ALAKSAN AIRLINE BANK OF AMERICA CREDIT CARD I SIGNED UP AND GOT 20 THOUSAND MILES WITH MY FIRST PURCHASE.  THAT IS A ROUND TRIP TICKET ALMOST ANYWHERE IN THE US ALSO THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH SAFEWAY- YOU CAN GET A CARD FROM SAFEWAY AND WRITE YOUR ALASKA AIR MILAGE PLAN # ON IT AND NOW YOUR GROCERIES WILL COUNT TOWARD YOUR MILES PLUS THE MONEY YOU SPEND.  ALASKA ALSO HAS MANY PARTNERS SO YOU CAN FLY PLACES THAT ALASKA ITSELF DOES NOT FLY.