Other Flat Screen TVs:

Sony - All Widescreen TV's

Pros

Cons

Sony 42" flat screen TV

This TV has great quality and has lasted a long time already with no issues. It's served it's purpose very well and continues to do so on a daily basis. It is very light weight and easy to mount.

Picture Quality
I think the picture quality is very good. The colors are very bright and vivid and it has crisp lines - nothing seems to blend together or get fuzzy. It also has very smooth movement, it's not jumpy and doesn't feel like the picture is jerking.

Sound Quality
The TV's sound quality was not the best - it's not bad, it was just a little quiet and we wanted more surround, so we set up a surround sound system with the tv. It was very easy to connect to the TV though!

This TV has been going strong for a few years and is still doing so! Sometimes you have to pay a little more for the Sony brand name but in the case of this TV, it was totally worth it.

The TV design is very simple, but that's what I like about it. It's easy to connect and set up, it was very easy to mount and the front is really clean - there's not a lot of bulk around the screen and there aren't ports and other plugs facing out.

For the most part the TV works great, but when you first turn it on it takes a little bit to warm up. The picture takes about 10 seconds after hitting power to come on and you have to give the tv about a minute before you can try to change channels. If you try too soon it doesn't seem to register then jumps multiple channels once it catches up.

A brand not worth the price

Sony TVs are not worth their prices any more. I have recently purchased a new Sony Bravia 42" LCD TV but I am very disappointed with the quality. My older Samsung LCD is better in picture quality than this new Sony TV. Therefore, I would like to suggest potential buyers not to be misled by the conception that Sony brand stands for its price. This misconception is no longer true.

Slim and elegent

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Sony - All Widescreen TV's:

My Sony 32 inch tv is great I really enjoy it so much, that is because it has so many features and settings plus the screen is an LED which last long. I have owned my television for about 2 years and I have to say it is so cool. I own a 32r400a model which I bought right when they had it available in the stores, which was cool to me. Ok the television has a couple of output and input connections.

Picture Quality
The picture quality is great, it is a 720p resolution television. All my movies are life like now which is so cool now.

Sound Quality
The sound is also great to me, it also sound good if i'm 15 to 20 feet away from the television.

It has a very thin screen which looks beautiful and elegent to me.

The picture quality is great you can see every detail and it makes sports more entertaining to watch which I like alot. I like watching basketball, football, Volleyball, and all other sports, this television brings everything to life.

Excellent TVs

Comments about Sony - All Widescreen TV's:

I have owned this TV for more than two years and have experienced absolutely no trouble with it. It was easy for me (a very non-mechanical or tech say person) to install and to hook my components up to. This TV sees a lot of action as it sits in the living room and various members of my family watch it throughout the day, Other TVs we have had (including one we bought at the same time as this on that sees less activity) burned out after a year (less in some cases). But this TV keeps growing strong. The picture is clear and the sound is perfect. We have a 50 inch in the living room, a 32 inch in the den and a 40 inch in the master bedroom, all Sony’s. other TVs may be cheaper but I think you get what you pay for. We will not even consider another brand because we are so happy with ours. When one burns out, we will definitely replace it with another Sony.

Picture Quality
We have never had any trouble with the picture quality. There has been no snow or other interference in the two years that we've owned Sony TVs

Sound Quality
Excellent at all times. Even when we watch broadcasts of old black and white movies, we never need to put on the captions as we can clearly hear what is being said

No trouble in more than two years despite usage of probably ten or more hours per day

Love the sleek look. The black trim looks great against our beige walls.

No trouble with any aspect of the TV

Great while it lasted.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Sony - All Widescreen TV's:

I purchased the Sony KDL-46S4100 a few years ago. It was beautiful and had internet capability. It was my first internet television. I was in heaven at first. The picture was big, clear and bright. It looked great in all light. After two years, a line showed up on the screen. Then another appeared...and another until the entire screen had horizontal lines going through it. I called Sony and they responded that they could either have someone come to repair it at my cost or they could sell me a refurbished unit for half the cost of a new one. Still, my television was only two years old. I was not pleased.

After a quick Internet check, I found that this was a fairly common issue. They should have done something for current customers.

Picture Quality
The picture was perfect before it completely fried on me.

Sound Quality
The sound was very good. It is stereo quality. If only the picture had held up.

Darn. It only lasted two years.

It was a beautiful piece of art. Too bad it didn't perform like one.

Televisions should last longer than two years, especially when there are only two working adults at home who don't watch it very often.

Sony 42" flat screen TV

from Wausau, WI

Great tv

Comments about Sony - All Widescreen TV's:

I brought my Sony 32 inch plasma television quite some time ago. When I bought my television I was looking at many factors when I finally considered buying this one.

First, I wanted a television that would have a great pixel and color when we were watching football which is a big deal in our family. Second, I wanted a television that wouldn't be to bulky or not look right in our house, I found that this television was perfect in that aspect because I could mount it on the wall and it didn't look horrible. Thirdly, I wanted something that had great sound, nothing over the top loud but when I put a movie in I wouldn't have to try to figure out why they were saying, the sound quality was perfect. I wanted a television that was durable.
I found all those things in the Sony plasma 32 inch and have loved my it since day one. I feel it was worth the buy and cost wise it wasn't a bad deal at all!

This was one of the best buys I made for televisions in a long time. As my last television went out only three years after I bought it and my Sony t.v I have not had any problems out of it.

Best Picture Ive ever seen

Comments about Sony - All Widescreen TV's:

nearly a 9 due to some issues with volume control within the first minute or so.

Picture Quality
The TV's Picture Quality is the best ive seen. The best way to describe it is to say that it is like what you see @ the store on display and say :I hope when I take it home, it looks this good".

Sound Quality
Volume is a bit low and when you raise the volume, it can become too high. Sony usually has great sound but, TV's seem to not have as good quality as their surround sound systems

Have had no issues with the set physically. Have moved it a couple of times. went from on top of a TV stand to hanging on the wall and still in great shape.

Easy to set the audio and video settings. lots of HDMI ports, audio/video connections. I have a lot of video game systems and everything from Nintendo to xbox 1 are easily connected and can switch back and forth with ease.

Best TV I have ever owned. Will not need a new TV for a long time unless I want bigger. Very likely to stick to Sony when I do.

Lasted only for 10 months

from NA

Comments about Sony - All Widescreen TV's:

I was not happy with this HDTV from Sony. The product lasted for nearly 10 months after which it shut down and then it went to the repairer who made it even worse. Finally I had to get it replaced with another brand which has worked well for me. While it was with me, it worked fine but the price of the HDTV was too much. Sony is not a good brand when it comes to their televisions and this I have understood after purchasing this one.

The sound of the television is good the picture quality is great. Watching live sport events was an awesome experience. The DVDs worked fine and watching movies on this television was a wonderful experience. The major problem about the television is that if there is a problem with the picture, the repairing charges are a lot as Sony does not send their customer support agent to assist you fast. My only wish was that the product could last a little longer.

• Sound Quality:

Wonderful Tv, Not so Wonderful on the sound quality!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Sony - All Widescreen TV's:

Sony is a great company for almost any electronic item. That almost stands to be true for their widescreen televisions. The picture quality is wonderful, the television looks great with my decor, it is easy to use, and I am really happy with the price I paid. However, I am not happy with the sound quality. The speakers on the television are too small and are not equipped to handle loudness. We also have to turn the television to a high number to hear it correctly. Once it is up to a high number, the sound shakes the speakers and they rumble, ruining the sound quality completely. Also, we can tell that the speakers are being ruined from having to turn it up so much. I paid a great price, but I would expect if I'm paying for a brand new television and I'm paying a fair amount, that I would get what I'm paying for. I did not expect the speakers to start going bad so soon after I purchased the television. I would recommend that anyone who wants to purchase a Sony to read thorough reviews of every model before they make the purchase leap. That way they will not be surprised after the fact the way I was.

The picture looks great!

Comments about Sony - All Widescreen TV's:

We've had a Sony flat screen TV for a while now and I can honestly say I don't have many complaints about it. The picture is crisp and in HD but the sounds sometimes can be a little underwhelming. Other than that I'm definitely satisfied with this product.

Picture Quality
Like I stated above the picture quality is really good especially since it's an HD TV and by combining it with HD channels you can get the full experience of having a TV just like those offered by this brand. I have no complaints about this factor.

Sound Quality
The sound sometimes can be underwhelming in certain situations and on certain channels. I've had to turn up the TV a lot sometimes just so that I can hear it clearly otherwise I struggle hearing what is being said on the TV sometimes but maybe it's more of the environment than anything either way the sound could be better.

The durability is great, I haven't seen any scratches, glitches, or wear and tear on the TV and we've had it for about 3 years now so it seems like they hold up pretty well.

The design is pretty cool sometimes I forget I'm looking at an actual TV sometimes I think I'm just looking at the wall because of how thin and clear it is.

The performance of the TV has been pretty good I don't have any complaints in regards to that.

• Sound Quality:

I love that it has such realistic picture quality.

Comments about Sony - All Widescreen TV's:

My only complaint is the price. Other than that, It's freaking awesome. The picture quality is amazing. The sound is almost as if it's right there next to you. And it's from a reputable company. The best part is, they are found in nearly every store.

I also like the customer support.