View more video game consoles

4.8
Other Video Game Consoles:
Sony
Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console

Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console

4.8

Pros

• Fun for all ages (4)
  • Easy to set up (3)
  • Excellent gameplay (3)
  • Great graphics (3)
  • Lots of game choices (3)

• Teenagers (4)
  • Kids (3)
  • Multiple players (3)
  • Online playing (3)
  • Sports games (3)

Best game system ever!

I bought the 60GB system 2 years ago, I have really loved it since I bought it, if you have a game like rock band where you plan on downloading alot of stuff or things off the PSN i would definately think about buying a larger hard drive, i upgraded mine to a 250gb and now have plenty of space, i was running out and it was very easy to replace, any laptop hard drive will do, just as a heads up i would pay attention on the back of the games and see how much space the save is, a few games i have like Legendary take up 4.5GB of space to make the game run smoother but some games are as little as 3mb, i would keep a rag around to clean it off, make sure you give it some space around the top of the console (right of the disc tray) because that is where most of the air is sucked in to cool it down other wise you might get the system overheated such as the xbox, i currently have it on a toshiba 50" and the grapics look amazing, especially on playstation Exclusives where some games are actually in 1080, the reason why i gave the Graphics a rating of 4 out of 5 is because most games only go to 720p which is kind of sad because the ps3 has so much potential, some games i would recommend are Uncharted Drakes Fortune, the graphics are mind blowing and the game is fun, Infamous, the game is just plain fun, Little big planet, you can create levels and post them on the PSN, and of course the up-coming MAG, other wise known as Massive action Game, this game is revolutionary when it comes to online gaming, think 12 on 12 is pretty good or maybe 18 vs 18? MAG has a whopping 256 online players in one map, i am currently in the beta and so far it looks like a very promising game, hope this helps and have fun gaming on the Incredible Playstation 3

PS3 has to step its game up (Literally)

I know there is alot of contrevesy between the ps3 and xbox 360..but i own both so i think that my opinion is truely a unbias one. I think that the ps3 has a great platform, but there are alot of issues that i have with the system in comparison to its competition. First..it seems like every day that i turn the system on, it appears that i have to update it. I know the updates are for our benefit but geesh..On top of the number of updates, it seem like it takes forever to update. As for the graphics, i think that ps3 could have taken better advntage of lighting. Some of the games seem to dull and dark. The network sucks..if im connected to ps3 netwotk..i always get kicked off if another device connects to my connection..FIX THIS..Overall the system is not a total lost, it does offer a ton of games and can be used for a lot of other things other than just playing games..i only hope that they fix sum of the bugs that plague it.

The greatest modern game

from Saudi Arabia

About Me Frequent Player

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Excellent Gameplay
  • Fun For All Ages
  • Great Graphics
  • Lots of Game Choices

• Serious Gamers

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console:

He describes how he describes himself?
    It's a beautiful product is undoubtedly the best in the list of modern electronic games for all ages ____
    Suitable for entertainment and appearance smooth and beautiful and has its advantages at the entrances USB !!
    He wondrous Weaver you fuss at your choice and meets all your desires Vlasstmtaa ____
    ______________________________________________
    I advise you to buy it, I do not miss the opportunity Beauties
    You will receive the product at the right time and will be getting to know Ola Algiadh service of this prestigious and appropriate for all market
    But Jima needs ____________________________________________ # - #

very cool

from casablanca , maroc

great grafic great games i love so much play station 3

i would to have one

from alg

About Me Hardcore Gamer

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
    • Excellent Gameplay
    • Fun For All Ages
    • Great Graphics
    • Lots of Game Choices

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console:

This device includes a wonderful Games HD Graphics and it also gives you a lot of fun for all ages and can play it

• Was this a gift?:
      • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

this is a very amusing device.

from cairo,egypt

About Me Frequent Player

Pros

• Fun For All Ages

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console:

i recommend this device to anyone seeking fun and entertainment u will not regret it at all

PlayStation 3

About Me Casual Gamer

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
        • Excellent Gameplay
        • Fun For All Ages
        • Great Graphics
        • Lots of Game Choices

• Serious Gamers

nice

• Was this a gift?:

It is a quality product that easily beats its competitioin.

from Gardner, KS

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console:

I used the xbox 360 and though it has some nice features that I was looking for, in my opinion the Playstation 3 console easily overtakes the xbox 360 in features and functionality.  One of the main reasons I started looking into the Playstation 3 console was its BlueRay player.  I had a BluRay player from another manufacturer and was looking to replace it and wanted the best BluRay player on the market.  From everything I read online and on forums the winner was by far the Sony Playstation 3.  It easily updates its firmware, has wireless networking, and had all the added functionality the most BluRay player manufacturers weren't releasing until there next (higher quality) player came out.  The Playstation 3, since I have owned it, has never had a problem playing any of the newest BluRay movies and has not required me to update its firmware.  Each time I update the firmware though I get more than just an ability to play a new movie.

With Motion Bundle

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console:

We just bought our PS3 with Motion bundle, and we love it.  It is fun for the whole family.  We can't get enough of the sports games that come with the bundle.  I am really good at Volleyball, and my husband gets a good work-out playing sword fighting.  My son loves his Toy Story 3 game.  The graphics are great.  The movement on the motion games is pretty precise.  There seems to be no delay between our movement, and the movement of the character on Television.  I am looking forward to getting more games.  Of couse, the console also doubles as our Blu Ray Player.  So it's convenient and space saving.  There are many more features that we still haven't used yet.  There is internet access where you can do anything you can on the internet, on your own television.  It's great for something to do as a family.  My son is learning different skills, and we are having a great time together.  We chose the PS3 over the others for a couple of reasons.  We heard that the Wii hasn't been updated in 4 years, and they won't be HD until next year.  We have an HDTV, so we wanted something HD.  We also tried the XBOX Kinect in the store, and there is a slight delay between person ,and player.  I highly recommend the PS3.

• Controller Comfort:

Sony Playstation 3 a system for everyone!

from Chewelah, WA

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console:

This console is amazing. It can play DVD’s and even if they are in blu-ray. You can play music any time of the day straight through your tv, you can edit movies, and load pictures. This device is fully customizable. You get the experience of playing with other gamers online if you have wifi. You can also load straight from your computer to your ps3 so everything will show up straight on your TV. So if you have movies downloaded to your computer you can send them to your ps3 through any connection. The graphics are amazing for any and all games. It loads quickly, and it's capable of a lot of great things. If you are tired of buying cds, you can browse and download them all in a click of your controller, without visiting any stores or game stops. What better way is there to play? It's an all in one, convenient little work of art, and people of all ages absolutely love it. There is nothing bad to say about this console, and the wide variety of games they make for it is remarkable!

• Controller Comfort:

Sony Playstation3 is amazing!

from Denver, CO

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console:

The Sony Playstation 3 is amazing. I was reluctant to purchase one, but my husband kept bugging me about it, so we did. It has far surpassed my expectations. It's awesome that they have put a blu-ray player into the gaming console. In the 2 1/2 years we have had it we have never had any problems with it. In contrast, our Wii, after about 6 months developed problems that we had to have it sent back and fixed. There are a great variety of playstation 3 games out there--even those a little more family-friendly, that our littler ones enjoy. The graphic quality is breathtaking. It would be nice if they could lower the prices on the games a little, but I suppose we just need to wait until the game either drops in price or goes on sale. The console gets quite warm, even after a few minutes of play--not enough to cause any problems, but I suppose it's quite the energy suck. Recommend this console over the Wii or Xbox. You won't be sorry!

Game Variety
          It's unfortunate that the kinect and wii are marketed more toward the family games. I wish those games would come out on the playstation.

• Controller Comfort:

Great graphics, love the blu ray player, sleek design!

from Chico, CA

Comments about Sony - PlayStation 3 (60 GB) Game Console:

My husband loves video games and always has so we tend to get the newest game console pretty soon after it comes out. We have had the Playstation Three for over Three years now and we love it! It sits on top of our bookshelf which is part of our entertainment center and looks pretty sleek.  My kids and I use it for watching movies all the time and it has definitely got me hooked on bluray movies!! They look so much better than regular DVD and there are good deals out there on bluray movies which sometimes makes them cheaper than DVDs!! I really love some of the games that are for the playstation too! My favorite is the Beatles Rock Band.. I love singing with those songs! One thing you have to watch though is that the Playstation 3 needs to be situated in a place where it gets enough ventilation otherwise it overheats really quickly! It also gets pretty dusty quickly so you need to make sure to dust it often!

The engine thing that makes the DVDs spin went out on ours and we looked it up online and it looks like it did the same thing to a ton of others. It costs like 120 bucks to fix...lame!