Other Video Game Consoles:
Nintendo
Models:
CTRSPAAA, CTRSRAAA, CTRSKAAA, CTRSBAAA , CTRSUAAA

Nintendo - 3DS Console

Pros

• Easy to set up (3)
  • Excellent gameplay (3)
  • Fun for all ages (3)
  • Great graphics (3)
  • Lots of game choices (3)

• Kids (3)
  • Teenagers (3)

nintendos 3ds is great

In this review i want to just comment on all the bad things mentioned about the 3DS either by certain reviewers or by people on forums.

The battery life being horrible: ...Read complete review

The battery life being horrible: This all is up to the type of person that is using the 3DS. If you just play games one to two hours at a time it won't effect you. Now if you're a marathon gamer this can be a problem. But there are solutions. If you go on long road trips i suggest buying a car charger for the 3DS. If you go on long flights i would suggest buying the battery add on for longer battery life. But i don't see this as much a problem as people say because there are solutions if you must have a longer battery life.

People saying the 3D sweet spot is too small:

I would have to disagree a lot on this one. Most normal people do not play their 3DS sideways. That's the only way you can not see the 3D well. Or you shake your system a lot while you play. I have stood at far distances and seen the 3D fine and also held it closer to my face and didn't have any problems.

People who say the 3D is just a gimmick:

At first i would have agreed with this. But after playing for awhile i would have to say it's more than a gimmick. Especially in games like pilotwings and ridge racer it helps a great deal when compared to 2D. It adds depth so that you can see how far you are from objects and turns which helps a great deal. Now games such as street fighter it can be said it's a gimmick but unlike some people who have said they turn the 3D off most times i disagree. I hate turning the 3D off after seeing the life it brings to the games. it adds another level of detail imo. I do suggest tweaking the 3D slider to get to where you feel comfortable playing in 3D because for some it can be a discomfort on the highest setting.

I think it's great and i just say don't listen to anyone but yourself. give it a try and if you like it buy it.

A minor upgrade from its predecessor

While the DS seems to offer a wide variety of games, the 3DS is not much of an upgrade from the original DS system. It's basically the same interface, same style game play, and even the same look. Well, other than the 3D graphics of course.

I find my eyes getting tired of looking at the 3D graphics afterawhile and I end up turning the 3D down. That is a perk, by the way, there is a control on the 3DS that allows to adjust the level of 3D. In fact, you can play in 2D if you want. Another big draw back is while the DS allowed for the play of GBA games, the 3DS is not compatable with them. This may not be a problem for some, but it was for me as I have a small collection of older games as well.

Overall the system is not a bad one and more and more games are being released with for the 3DS, making it a more worthwhile purchase sense the older system does not play 3D games. However, there is not much about the 3DS that is worth creating an entirely new system for. I don't feel that it was much of an upgrade in features over the system before it. For a person who does not already own a DS, then it is a good buy.

Graphics Quality
The graphics are decent. They don't compare to the Playstation brand graphics, but the 3D is neat. It's fun while it's a novelty, but 3D ends up hurting my eyes after long game play.

Game Variety
Nintendo does a good job of adding a variety of genres. This is why I like my DS more than my Playstation hand helds. The system carries a lot of family games, kids games, RPGs, and action games.

Controller Comfort
Mostly comfortable to hold. There isn't much special about the way it's designed ergonomically and it's a little bulky.

The DS is easy to use. It doesn't have too many buttons and it's easy to load a game and just start playing.

The DS is better than the PSP in this manner. It's screen closes, so while it's not in use it's covered and protected from scratches. While it is a little bulkier, this also is a perk in the durability department.

Most have to bay

from Sarasota fl us

About Me Hardcore Gamer

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Excellent Gameplay
  • Fun For All Ages
  • Great Graphics
  • Lots of Game Choices

Cons

• Breaks Easily

• Multiple Players
  • Online Playing
  • Serious Gamers
  • Sports Games

The 3d was very good i loved so much most bay after the ds

• Was this a gift?:
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great product

from Luverne, MN

About Me Frequent Player

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Excellent Gameplay
  • Fun For All Ages
  • Great Graphics
  • Lots of Game Choices

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS Console:

This is a great product. I love it and it is not easily broken. My 3 year old daughter has played with it multiple times and dropped it frequently and it is still working fine.

from www.public for amazon.com

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
    • Excellent Gameplay
    • Fun For All Ages
    • Great Graphics
    • Lots of Game Choices

• Multiple Players
      • Online Playing
      • Serious Gamers

very nice

A great little device!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS Console:

My boys have this product and they love it! They are always asking if they can play it. I have used it also and it is a great quality product that works well. We have had other devices from other companies that we have ended up returning, but have never had a problem with this one. We have two and no problems. The picture on the screen is very clear, the controls are easy to use and the stylus pen works well on the screen. It is easy to play and I have enjoyed it myself. The 3 DS option is great if that is what you are looking for. For me personally I didn't care too much for it. I'm sure your eyes adjust to it the more you play. All in all we love this product and they have lasted us for years. Great buy!

Graphics Quality
      The graphics are great! The picture is clear and crisp! The games stand out and it is a great quality!

Game Variety
      There are many games to choose from and there are a lot of places to buy the games so it makes for easy access. I have found a lot of games that I am looking for in the 3DS option.

Controller Comfort
      I find it really easy to control and use. My kids have no problem with it either. It is really simple to use.

It is very easy to use and figure out what you are doing on the device. Whether it's games, the camera, or other options on the 3DS it is easy to use.

We have had ours for years and haven't had any problems with anything on them so far. The product for us has been very durable!

Ninentdo 3ds

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS Console:

I initially bought this for my six year old son for Christmas, but I find myself playing it as well. I don't know how they get it to be 3D without glasses but it's very cool and we have all enjoyed playing with it. Very easy to turn off the 3D function as well if you have younger ones wanting to play on it.

Graphics Quality
      Graphics are really good on this considering how small it is, I'm amazed the games look so smooth!

Game Variety
      There are a tons of games since you can buy the non 3D games to play on it as well. We have quite a few and my son is constantly finding new ones he just has to have.

Controller Comfort
      Very comfortable to use the controllers, my hands are not tired or sore after playing and my son will play on it until the battery dies with no complaints.

It's super easy to set up out of the box. Got the date, time, and wi-fi set up in minutes. My son is six and figured out the camera and the extras it came with in no time at all.

Very durable! My son has dropped this once, about 2 foot fall, and you would never know it. We still have yet to get screen protectors for it and not one scratch on the screens.

• Controller Comfort:

The best handheld console I've ever owned

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS Console:

The Nintendo 3DS is a unique and fun handheld system. Just like their other consoles, Nintendo is always innovating and going the extra step to be ahead of the game. When I first bought my 3RD there wasn't many games out. But now that it has been out for a few years Nintendo has really expanded its library. My favorite games are Animal Crossing New Leaf, Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, and Fire Emblem Awakening. The 3D effect is a cool add on. It isn't necessary by any means to play any of the games, but it enhances the experience. Sometimes I do get a little dizzy though if I am focused on the 3D for too long. Overall it is a great system and I highly recommend it.

Game Variety
      At first it was a slow start, but now there is a great variety of games for every type of gamer. You can also finds tons of the Nintendo classics on the Nintendo shop for instant download.

The 3DS is built very well and seems very sturdy. I haven't dropped mine yet, but I suspect it would probably survive a fall.

Is this worth it

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS Console:

This is far the best the handheld system that i have purchased, It has become an everday item with my phone. I would highly recommend, and it makes the perfect present to someone you love.

The 3d Feature is a whole new era in gaming

Game Variety
      Lots of Different game can be play with this system, even games from your childhood memories such as mario, sonic, pokemon.

Controller Comfort
      the controller feels very comfortable, the button easily pressed, and doesn't make the hands hurt with intense gaming.

anyone can use this system, Even a 5 year old can understand how to use it.

Last for years.

Super Fun!

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS Console:

This is definitely the best handheld console out there! With titles like Animal Crossing: New Leaf for casual gamers to titles like Resident Evil for the more hardcore gamers. With the reduced price it is definitely worth getting!

Graphics Quality
      The graphics are good but not GREAT.

Lots of types of games

Controller Comfort
      Some games cause my hands to hurt like Kid Icarus, but others that do not require as much movement do not.

Pretty easy to use

Pretty durable but can still be broken if placed on the floor and stepped on

• Controller Comfort:

3DS is a great gaming system for a handheld device!

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS Console:

I love my 3DS, the battery life is long and the device is amazing! My favorite games are Animal Crossing: New Life and New Mario Bros 2. Other games I've tried are Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, and Mario Party. The 3D feature is unreal, you can even use the camera to take your own 3D photos! The menu is easy to find your way around, and you can change your settings with a couple taps on the touch screen. One of the best things about the 3DS is that it is easily portable, so no matter where you go or how much you travel, you can always take it with you for some entertainment. So far I've had no problems with my 3DS, and I've had it for almost a year now! My whole family loves the 3DS, and everyone has fun playing together when we use the friend code option. The friend code option allows you to exchange your unique friend code to another friend or family member with a 3DS, and you can travel to the other persons game in any game that allows this feature. For instance, I have friends over to my town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf all the time, where we can exchange items, chat, or just walk around. The 3DS is truly an advancement in technology, and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a great handheld gaming system!

• Controller Comfort:

A great gaming device you'll love!

Comments about Nintendo - 3DS Console:

This is a great gaming counsel. It is very easy to use and has a huge variety of games to play. I love playing it and having the option to turn of 3D mode when I want. It is a great product and I highly recommend it! It comes with a camera that you can snap pictures with or record a short video. you can also edit the pictures you want and play around with the video speed too. You can also connect to the internet at any time which is great if you need to look up cheats or a walk through. An overall great product!