Other Video Game Consoles:
CECH-2501A
Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console

Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console

• Controller Comfort:

It's pretty good for Sony.

I'm a Sony type of guy but personally I prefer the obsolete first model. It was more durable, had more ports, etc. This model I had for an year now and annually I have to take it apart and clean it and the laser eye. The case that holds the disc player over time rubs up against the disc spinner and causes it to stop spinning the disc. I had to take mine out. Of course taking it apart is easy but it voids your warranty,

Graphics Quality
Graphics are blu-ray so it's pretty good I'd say so. With HDTV the graphics have been flawless.

Game Variety
Lot's of games. Even on PSN store it brings tons of our favorite PS classics back for a small fee of course. Also with PS+ (50 bucks a year) you get huge discounts and even free games with subscription each month with it coming out with new discounts and games every Tuesday. NOTE: They pick the games for plus for discount and free with subscription, must keep subscription to keep free games meaning the games you get for free stays with your account and only expires if your subscription does. But you can re-download them via download list if you resubscribe. But anything you buy with the plus discounts are absolutely yours to keep.

Controller Comfort
It's just like the PS2 controller except the L2 and R2 go down more so its slicker. Fits in your palms with ease and the button layout is smoothly placed so you can hit any button with ease.

The XMB (start screen) is slick and smooth making it easy to navagate through each section with it being from left to right (users, settings, photos, music, videos, TV/Video services, games, account info, friends list.)

If you take care of it, clean it out, it's been lasting me for a year now with hardly any problems besides the ones stated. Also the system does freeze on the internet browser a lot. Sometimes pulling up the XMB while in game freezes it up. This model hasn't been all that I've seen from my personal favorite the first model but it definitely been lasting out enough for the PS4 release also to just game off to the side it'd be a good model to use secondly to your brand new PS4 when and if you buy it.

Great system until it broke & Sony refuses to fix it.

We bought this PS3 when they originally came out.  It was brand new in the box and it worked great until just a few months ago when the games would start freezing.  Now we can't play blu rays or anything on it.  We called Sony to see if they could replace or repair it and they will but it would cost almost as much as a new one.  I wouldn't recommend buying one of these unless you feel like replacing it yearly.  We had a Playstation 2 and had to have it repaired twice but there were no issues with fixing that.  We only had to pay shipping fees and they fixed the parts that broke for nothing.  With the PS3 I feel like Sony is really ripping people off.  The lady that we spoke to on the phone said that there are huge problems with the on/off buttons that are basically just light sensors and not even buttons.  All of a sudden, they stop working and there is nothing that can be done to fix it.  My husband has tried to clear out the machine using an air compressor and nothing changes.

This product is useful and good for spare time.

from TORONTO, CA

About Me Casual Gamer

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Excellent Gameplay
  • Fun For All Ages
  • Great Graphics
  • Lots of Game Choices

Cons

• Freezes Up

• Kids
  • Multiple Players
  • Online Playing
  • Serious Gamers
  • Sports Games
  • Teenagers

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

This device is awsome at least before the ps4 came out.

• Was this a gift?:
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

PlayStation 3 . best game play for ever . Buy now

from algeria . bougtoube

About Me Gaming Novice

Pros

• Excellent Gameplay
  • Fun For All Ages
  • Lots of Game Choices

Cons

• Breaks Easily

• Kids
  • Multiple Players
  • Online Playing
  • Sports Games
  • Teenagers

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

The PS3 uses the Cell microprocessor, which is made up of one 3.2 GHz PowerPC-based "Power Processing Element" (PPE) and six accessible Synergistic Processing Elements (SPEs). A seventh runs in a special mode and is dedicated to aspects of the OS and security, and an eighth is a spare to improve production yields. PlayStation 3's Cell CPU achieves a theoretical maximum of 23.04 GFLOPS in single precision floating point operations and up to 10 GFLOPS double precision using iterative refinement for the solution of linear equations.[1][2] The PS3 has 256 MB of Rambus XDR DRAM, clocked at CPU die speed.

• Was this a gift?:

Love it

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

I love my ps3 and after having it for almost 2 years it still works fine. Occasional freezes ( like any other system) but nothing major. Internet web browser experience isn't great though. Pages don't respond a lot and it's just not a comfortable experience. Online gaming is great. Lag and glitches usually depend on your network quality but for certain games ( like GTA V Online ) the lagging and glitches are almost constant. Sometimes I have to try to get online multiple times before it will let me on. Anyway , if you have Netflix and Hulu those are great to use but again your connection speed determines the quality. The quality of the system lives up to the price and I would recommend it to the occasional and hardcore gamer.

• Controller Comfort:

Free online gaming.... Need I say more?

from Flint, MI

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

I've had my PS3 for about 3 years and I don't think there's been more than a couple of days out of that 3 years that I haven't used it for something. It has many features and is full HD. You can hook a HDMI cable directly from it to your HDTV which gives you the best picture and sound quality available. Plus you can use many different streaming music and video apps to instantly watch/listen to your favorite content, right from your PS3. The best part for me though, is that you don't have to pay to play online with multiplayer. Xbox can't boast that now can they? As if Bill Gates wasn't rich enough.

Graphics Quality
PS3 offers full 1080p resolution and HD sound. You can't get better picture than that, they haven't invented it yet!

Game Variety
PS3 has the widest selection of games available out of all the consoles, not to mention that games are released exclusively to PS3 that aren't to some of the others like WII or Xbox.

Controller Comfort
I love the controller, but it gets slippery from sweat easily and is also somewhat small. The only thing I would like to see is better non-slip thumb grips. Sometimes a slippery joystick can mean the difference between life or death in a Shooter game

• Controller Comfort:

A reliable and sleek gaming console.

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

Not only has this console lasted me the last 5 years, it has also only required one cleaning of the hard drive. As a frequent gamer with a large video game collection, it helps that I can store so many of my games' info without sacrificing the other uses of the console. Music, pictures, and even videos can all coexist without memory cards or external hard drives. Truly worth the purchase.

Graphics Quality
Some games have really awkward textures whereas others are sleek and elegant.

Controller Comfort
Large hands don't have to overcompensate and small hands can still reach all of the buttons.

Playstation 3 Slim

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

Very good game system. This thing does a lot more than play games. You can play bluerays, stream Netflix, download games and the list goes on.

Graphics Quality
We play this on a LED tv and the graphics are amazing, some of the games look unbelievably realistic.

Game Variety
Tons and tons of games to pick through. There is definitely a game out there for everyone. Even my six year old son plays on this and there a lot of games for his age range as well as older kids, teens, and adults.

Controller Comfort
Pretty comfortable as long as your not playing for hours on end! Of course playing for that long and I'm sure you'll be a little stiff everywhere!

I am pretty new to technology and I figured this out in no time. My husband did "help" a little but I played a game with my son and was surprised on how easy it was to pick up on how to use all the buttons.

It's very durable. We move it around to the bigger tv and then the bedroom tv and it has held up exceptionally well.

One word.....AWESOME!

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

I absolutely love my ps3! I h be always loved the play station and the games that go with it, so when the ps3 came out I didn't even think twice about it. I am so happy I got it. We have spent hours and hours playing different games both on and offline. We have used it for internet purposes as well as simply watching a DVD. Never had a problem, never had a complaint!

Controller Comfort
Best controllers ever! I have issues with my hands and these controllers still fit comfortably.

Very good gaming system.

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

Overall the gaming experience is unparalleled. It is a very excellent gaming system, and can offer fun for the whole family! Also PlayStation network is free, unlike the Xbox live. The graphics are amazing and I love how the controllers fit in your hands. Very superb.

Reliable console

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

The Playstation 3 is an amazing console for its generation. I have had the slim for quite some time now and have had no problems. Each game played on it is worth the experience and there is such a wide variety to choose from. Buying games is made much easier when using psn to purchase and download content without the hassle of walking to a store to buy games. It is a good deal.

Better than xbox!

Comments about Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (160 GB) Game Console:

Keep in mind that I have both playstation 3 and xbox 360.

I must talk about its controller first because that is a huge reason why some people choose playstation 3 over xbox 360! The controller's size is a good size for people with small hands like me or even big hands! It is light too compared to an xbox's. I have also dropped my playstation 3 on the floor before with a loud bang and everything works fine!
The quality of the games are as good as an xbox's. Or maybe slightly better. It also doubles as a blu-ray player which makes it a better console than xbox 360.
The only thing I do not like about it is that the settings are separated in too many different parts that it is hard to find the setting that I want to look for. They are also doing the playstation plus thing which I dislike because they are just being as money minded as xbox 360 now. On the plus side, they give better games than xbox does so I guess it all plays out fine.