Other Baby Monitors:

Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

With the Sony BabyCall Monitor you hear the baby, not static!

Let me begin by saying that I am very neurotic when it comes to my kids. I worry about everything. Sleep is often elusive, even when I'm exhausted. With my first two children, I didn't sleep for the first 6 months. I worried about whether they were breathing. When we had #3, my sister-in-law gave us a movement sensing monitor set. The movement sensor worked great, but the monitor picked up static, so now, neither of us could sleep. We tried several baby monitors, some very expensive, before my husband found these. I was very skeptical, since they were so inexpensive. I was afraid we would get what we paid for. He promised that he had done some research. He was so convinced that these would work, he paid extra to have them shipped overnight. When they arrived, I was shocked at the quality. These have a voice activated option, which I love. You hear nothing unless your little sweetie makes a peep. I have a white noise machine in the nursery and it doesn't activate the monitor, but if my daughter lets out a grunt, it clicks right on. I can sleep great, knowing I'll hear every sound my precious baby makes and that's it.

Lots of beeping

After doing careful research, my husband and I decided to register for these bby monitors.  We decided that we needed two separate receivers so we could keep one in our bedroom, for nights, and the other downstairs, for nap-time.  The fact that the batteries are rechargeable is also a positive for us.  They do stay charged for quite some time.  Also, the baby has picked up and dropped the receivers a few times and they survived.

Despite having multiple channels, we have difficulty with beeping and out of range signal frequently.  Even when the receiver is place only two rooms away from the base we have difficulty when the are not appropriately aimed toward each other.  This can be quite annoying.  We certainly cannot take this monitor outside and expect it to work.  Also, our cell phones seem to interfere with its signal.

Overall, this was a fairly expensive baby monitor and it was only ok.  It does serve its purpose, just not long range.  If you have a large house I would not recommend this monitor.

Good monitor

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

My husband and I used this monitor for the first year and it worked very well. It's a very simple monitor and without a lot of frills, which was exactly what we wanted so that we didn't have to fiddle with buttons in the middle of the night. It transmitted sounds from our baby's room clearly and without interference from our neighbors' houses. We could easily hear him breathing and rustling around at night, which made us feel at ease when he started sleeping in his crib. Because it is such a small monitor, we could easily hang the monitor on the outside of the crib and not worry about it getting knocked over or getting in his way when he was sleeping at night. Also, it transmitted well throughout our house and even from our garage. We used the monitor for when he would fall asleep in his car seat when we were driving home and we didn't want to disturb him by transferring him into the house. So we would put the monitor in the car next to him and we would listen for when he woke up.

Interference
We only had one incidence of interference from our neighbors in the year that we used the monitor.

Portability
Very lightweight and small. You can easily pack the monitor into a suitcase or backpack and wanted to use the monitor while on vacation.

• Portability:

Great for the price, but *BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP* noisy.

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

I received this monitor system at my baby shower. I looked over so many reviews before deciding on this one. When we got it, it was very easy to figure out and sounded very clear. In fact, the first time my daughter cried, the monitor was so loud and clear, that it scared me! It stayed tat way for a while, then one day it started beeping like it was out of range. It was super annoying and loud. We adjusted the monitors and it improved a little. Hopefully the next time we use it, we can figure out how to fix the problem.

Okay, not fantastic

from Florida

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

I purchased these for one of the families I provide childcare for. I will admit that I bought these particular ones because they cost a little less than the other brands and models that I was seeing in stores. It was very easy to set them up and they were in use in minutes. I carry one reciever with me at all times when the baby is sleeping and do like that it is not bulky at all. I did have some trouble with interference, primarily from my cell phone but other than that the sound quality is good. The receivers don't eat through batteries like some other baby monitors on the market do. They are also very sturdy, both receivers have been dropped multiple times and are still doing great.

Sound/Video Clarity
The overall sound quality is about perfect, much better than others I have used.

Interference
Interference is the biggest problem with this. It gets very annoying and aggravating.

Its survived being dropped on hardwood floors many many times.

Portability
Small enough to keep with you constantly, but not too small to make it awkward to use.

• Portability:

Perfect for homes with several levels.

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

I really like this Sony baby call nursery monitor with dual receivers because my home has two levels and this gives me two receiving monitors to hear my baby. These monitors have pretty good sound quality. The sounds come through clear and you can very clearly hear every coo and ca your baby is making. These do have some problems with interference but it is not a problem that is too serious. These baby monitors are very durable. I have dropped mine numerous times and it has not yet broken on me. They have also been thrown around like toys by my little one and they are still in good condition. These monitors have good portability. I can take them anywhere in my home and hear my baby just as good as if i were standing next to her room. I like these monitors a lot because they not only portray the noises she is making but when noises are made or detected the monitor lights up.

• Portability:

pretty good baby monitor, with pros and cons

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

Overall I like the Sony BabyCall Nursery baby monitor. It suits our needs well; I can hear my babies well. It can be finnicky though.

Sound/Video Clarity
The clarity of the Sony babycall monitor is very clear. It sounds like my little ones are right in the room with me. I can hear their music, as well as their breathing. I like the voice activation feature!

Interference
I don't have any problems with interference or static with my Sony monitor at all. It does seem like it beeps randomly in one spot, and then not only a few inches away, so it can get a little annoying finding the best spot to place it to make sure that you get the best reception.

I have no worries that my Sony baby monitor is going to last me a long time. It already has lasted two years without a problem, and that is with my little ones pulling on them, and knocking them around all the time.

Portability
I think the portability of these monitors is pretty good, and probably better than most baby monitors. It does depend on things like the wind though, which can make it difficult outside, but I just recently was able to hear my little ones just fine through it, with the receiver over 100 feet from my house with some creative placement of the receiver in the babies' room!

• Portability:

Great monitor with some amazing features!

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

We received this monitor set as a baby shower gift. For the first six months or so, it worked perfectly. Since then, the batteries won't hold a charge, even if we replace them with new ones. They have to be plugged in at all times. And sometimes they randomly click and beep while they're on. But the features make these really nice monitors. The voice activated feature is nice if you have music in the baby's room or a ticking clock. It'll only "switch on" if the baby makes a noise. So that way you don't have to lay there and listen to the clock tick by if the baby is quiet.

Sound/Video Clarity
You don't have to turn the volume up very far to be able to hear the baby breathing like he's right next to you!

Interference
A lot of times we get random clicks and beeps

Portability
The ability to charge the batteries died, so now we have to leave them plugged in all the time. I miss being able to tote them around wherever.

• Portability:

Sony BabyCall is a Good Monitor but has no bells or whistles.

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

I recently got the Sony BabyCall rechargeable monitor at a yard sale. I couldn't pass up the good price, especially since I needed a new monitor for our new baby. What I really like about this monitor is that it is rechargeable. And a charge lasts for many hours as well. It has dual receivers which is nice to keep one in our basement where I work and one upstairs in case I want to take one outside. There are three different channels which I like because it gives options if there is interference on a channel. The sound quality is great. The only drawback I have found to this monitor is that the range is not that far. I can go in our backyard a little ways, but then the range alarm starts going off so I have to move it closer to the house if I am working in the garden. I just turn the volume all the way up, but it would be nice if the range was a bit farther. I would say it's approximately 30-50 feet before it starts going off. Other than that, it is a good monitor and I have gone through several different kinds. If you can get this cheap at a yard sale, you won't regret it!

Great Monitor

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

I purchased the Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers when I read all of the positive reviews online. I've had it for almost a year now and I have no complaints. The recievers are crystal clear, no static or interruptions. The batteries are rechargeable which is great so you aren't burning through disposable batteries so often. The range is great. We have a two story house and I can be in the garage cleaning while my daughter is upstairs napping and I can hear everything just fine. The portability is also great, I just clip the receiver onto my beltloop and I can take advantage of every second I have to get work done while my precious baby is napping. Great product for a reasonable price.

• Portability:

Great baby monitor, expensive to buy replacement parts

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

This is a great sound-only baby monitor. Very little interference and a decent price point. Replacement chargers are almost impossible to find, however, and very costly when you do find them. I ended up purchasing an entirely new monitor just because I needed a new AC adaptor.

Sound/Video Clarity
I can understand every word my toddler says; very clear sound.

Interference
We get occasional static and interference on ours, but nothing like some other (less expensive) baby monitors we've tried.

I've dropped this a thousand times and it's held up well. On the other hand, other cheaper monitors I've had have not withstood dropping and everyday wear and tear that comes when you have kids.

Portability
I love that this monitor has a rechargable battery; makes it much more affordable to operate over the long haul.

Great audio-only monitor

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor with Dual Recievers:

I bought this monitor when my second baby was born, and I have been very impressed with it. The volume is stellar, as I can turn it up when blow-drying my hair or brushing my teeth and still hear if he makes a peep. It really sounds like he is in the room with me. I still have a (different) monitor in my older son's room, and I haven't experienced any interference with it. I also really appreciate that I can unplug it to bring along with me to another room, if needed. And the rubbery soft handle on the top is durable and easy to carry. If you're looking for a mid-range baby monitor without all the bells and whistles, I highly recommend this one.

Sound/Video Clarity
There is no video, only sound. But the sound clarity is great!

Interference
I haven't had any interference at all.