Other Baby Monitors:

Cons

Safely Snoozin' with Sony

***..."Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse"...***

***..."Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse"...***

Believe me, you hear it all, especially as a new parent. Fast forward two years and I'm sleeping like a rock. But, it took a *while* to get to here! When I was a "new mom" every odd little baby breath kept me on edge. Finally I moved into the nursery, for fear my daughter would gag and my monitor would fail to pick up the event...

How can one place their trust in a gadget? This was the most difficult concept for me to grasp. I wanted to use a baby monitor, but I needed one that would last. I needed something durable, portable, reliable, low key (it *had* to match my awesome nursery!) and it had to work when I needed it. We've always been fans of Sony brand products so I felt confident in purchasing this monitor set. **The Sony NTM-910 900 MHz Babycall Nursery Monitor** is no exception, hands down, this dual monitor set is the wisest "safety" purchase I've ever made (zero regrets).

**The Sony Box that Rocks! (Here's what you get)**

1- Sony 900 MHz (megahertz) Receiver with attached power cord

1-Sony 900 MHz Transmitter with Rechargeable Battery and removable power cord

Users/Instruction Manual

The Sony receiver and transmitter are approximately 5 inches tall and 2 1/2 inches wide. The receiver should be placed (in a safe location) inside the nursery and plugged into a standard wall outlet. The transmitter can go virtually anywhere! The transmitter is water resistant, and even has a convenient belt clip. You can take it off the charger, or leave it on the power cord. I have ours by my bed, on nights when my daughter refuses to sleep, I put it on hubby's side instead. The monitor has a "multi-channel" feature, which consists of three switches in the bases of both units. The switches have three "stops", each is marked with a color: green, yellow or red. Whatever channel you select, both the receiver and the monitor must coincide, otherwise, a loud alarm will blast. Likewise, if the secure connection between both the receiver and the transmitter is lost (via power failure, being "out of range", or being too close) the same loud alarm will blast. Bad news if baby is sleeping, because the "too close range" makes *horrible* feedback.

The nicest thing about these monitors is they have such convenient settings. If you prefer to only be alerted to baby's noises you can set the monitor to "voice activation". The monitor will pick up any noise initiated by your baby. On the "constant on" setting the monitor stays keyed up and you'll hear any and all noises baby makes. There's also a "silent alert" feature, which I use frequently. The silent alert uses flashing lights to indicate *any* noises baby makes. I've found each of the settings equally useful, and I've never had any problems.

***..."Can you hear me now? How about now? -Yes!"...***

Knowing I could depend on my **Sony NTM-910 900 MHz Babycall Nursery Monitor**, helped me move back into my own bed! I could hear every breath, every wheeze, every little baby sneeze. I felt confident that *any* noises I needed to hear, would come through loud and clear with my Sony Babycall set.

Finally I can have pleasant dreams...thanks to terrific Sony gadgets!

Sony BabyCall is TERRIBLE and frustrating

We received this monitor before we had our first baby. We liked it for about 2 weeks, until it became the most obnoxious thing we owned. The receiver started beeping "out of range" constantly. We'd set it next to us and any time we moved, it would BEEP BEEP BEEP until we moved again. Overnight, when it was next to the bed, if we turned or sat up or moved an arm into the air, it would BEEP BEEP BEEP until we moved. We could be using it in a room 5 feet away from the transmitter and it would still beep that it was out of range. It didn't matter where in a room we placed the receiver, it would beep. I was "stuck" inside because when the baby was sleeping and I'd try to go out to garden or mow, there was no spot in the yard (even right below the baby's window!) where it wouldn't beep that it was out of range. On vacation, I couldn't even go sit on the deck to relax while the baby napped because there was "no range." I tried changing the channels, moving the transmitter, etc., all to no avail. It got ridiculous and I finally gave up. I don't recommend this monitor.

great monitor, and very tough!

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

I bought this monitor a while back, and haven't had any problems with it. I will say that it's extremely tough. As far as the part that you bring along, I have gotten it wet, and it's been dropped numerous times. It's taken quite a beating and still works the same as it did when it was new. It's well worth the reasonable cost. My favorite part of this monitor is that you can choose wether to use it plugged in or not. It charges up quickly and doesn't require batteries. It has the internal battery which holds a charge for a very long time. I haven't had it interfere with other things in my home either which is a plus. I have used monitors in the past that have done this and it's very annoying, so it's nice that this one does not. Another good feature is that both parts have different channels so you could monitor multiple rooms with each monitor and speaker on different channels, and only get one room's sound on each speaker. I think this is a good product and it will definately last a long time. It's not the most fancy baby monitor out there but it works and it works well to hear whats happening in the other room.

Serves its purpose

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

I registered for this with my first child and received it as a gift and have been satisfied. I originally chose it for the price and because Sony is a reputable brand. Our baby monitor hasn't gotten a whole lot of use since we have a one story house and it is easy for my husband and I to hear if one of our children is crying without the use of the monitor. Initially, after having my first baby, I set the monitor up in her room once we moved her out of our bedroom and into the crib but even on the lowest setting, I could hear a faint buzzing noise and I personally couldn't sleep with it. However, one of the most useful times we have used it for was if we are doing work outside while the baby was napping. We got good reception and had no trouble hearing when she needed something.

Sound/Video Clarity
For the price, the sound is fairly clear. You can adjust the volume according to your desired level.

We have owned ours for about four years now and it still works great.

Very durable monitor!

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

We bought this Sony BabyCall Monitor as a starter monitor with our first child who is almost four years old. We ended up keeping this monitor as our main monitor all these years. We still use it after almost four years and still love it. It's still as good as new. It is so easy to set up and use. Highly recommend!

Sound/Video Clarity
The clarity is great! And I love the red lights as the sound increases so that you can have the sound off and still know when your child is awake and if they are screaming.

Interference
We have interference on ours every once in a while. It goes through spells of giving us trouble and then it will be fine for months. Not sure what the problem is.

Great durability! These monitors have been out on our front porch and knocked around some.

Portability
It gets great reception for a distance. It can be unplugged and taken just about anywhere near the house. Most of the time, it stays on the first level of our house while the other piece is in the second level of our house.

• Portability:

We got a lot of interference with this model

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

I thought that we would be safe buying this since we like the sony brand so much, but I was really disappointed with it. There was just so much interference, and we don't live in a highly populated area. Some of the time we would get interference when the center point was even turned off, it would just be this awful shrieking sound.

We are pleased with it

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

We bought this baby monitor because we liked the feature where we could turn down the volume to hear and see the lights display if our baby was actually crying or just making noises in her sleep. For the first few weeks until we were comfortable with her sleeping at night, we kept the volume loud and I was waking up every few minutes to hear her breathing and making little sounds in her sleep. Having the light display meter really helped me know what level of crying she was making before getting out of bed to realize she was still asleep.

Sound/Video Clarity
I don't think any monitor is perfect on sound but this works well enough to hear the difference between crying and babbling.

Interference
I've never had an issue with interference but we haven't had to use it over larger distances and really test it out. Just like any radio receiver, don't get it to close to the base.

Our monitor still works great and we plan on using it for all of our kids.

Portability
This works great being able to take it while traveling to friends and families homes. You can easily carry the monitor from room to room while the baby is sleeping.

Baby monitor

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

We have had this monitor since our kids were babies. It works well and we still use it when they are sick and we want to make sure to hear them. The sound is pretty clear. In the summer if we were outside while my daughter was napping we brought it outside while we played in the yard.

AMAZING! No problems!

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

I got this product with my first baby and it has been awesome! It has never given me any problems. I love how portable it is and how I can turn the switch so it only will make noise if my baby makes noise. Love it! Highly recommend it to you! I love the size and accessibility of it. It also can work great distances, in case you need to go outside or something. It has never failed me yet. I know it is high quality and it will last a long time. I'm sure it will last through all of my children!

Sound/Video Clarity
The sound is very clear and easily heard!

Great interference!

Very durable! It is even waterproof! How amazing is that?! This was the best feature in my opinion. I love that if I needed it around water that I wouldn't need to be very worried cause it is waterproof. At least the receiver is. I'm very happy with this product.

Portability
The receiver is portable and even has a belt clip you can use when you need it. The one that stays in baby's room does not have the option to have batteries. It only has a plug.

• Portability:

Great Basic Baby Monitor!

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

This is a great, affordable, basic baby monitor. It gets reception and doesn't take up much space. We love that it can also be stored easily since it is small. We also like the neutral color which helps it blend in anywhere in our house or in any type of baby room. We received this monitor as a gift from our baby registry and we're really glad we did! It lives up to all the positive customer reviews. There are tons of expensive, fancy video monitors out there. When it came down to it, we just did not have the space for such a monitor and this one was great! It performed exactly as we needed it to and worked great!

Sound/Video Clarity
The clarity on this monitor is great! We could hear anything we needed to from the baby's room or anywhere else in the house. We did not ever hear any noise or sound coming from outside of our home as some monitors are prone to do. We really liked the level of sound quality we got with this.

Best Monitor out there!

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

I have have had this monitor for over 4 years and is still working great. I would recommend this product to all my mommy friends.

Sound/Video Clarity
Never have a problem with the sound.

My kids throw this and it has held up great!

Portability
We carry the portable around to the rooms we are in.

Over two years of use..

Comments about Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor:

We have been using the Sony BabyCall 900 MHz Nursery Monitor for over two years and it is still going strong! It's very easy to use. The cords are long as well so they can reach distances a couple or so feet away. My only suggestion it to try and keep the cords away out of reach from the little one so they don't play with them. There is an adjustable knob on the side for the volume and an easy to use flip on the front to turn the monitor on and off. There is also a hook so you can attach it to your pants so you can roam about without staying stuck in the room where the monitor is. I have got water on this monitor quite a few times when doing the dishes or watering the flowers and it has lasted fine throughout it.

Interference
To date, we haven't had any issues with interferences at all.

I've dropped it quite a few times and it has not broke and it still works just as great as the day we bought it.

Portability
It can go rather far away as well, reaching from one side of our apartment to the other.