4.9

4.9

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

This is an awsome and affordable entry level DSLR

Comments about Sony - Alpha DSLR-A330L with 18-55mm lens Digital Camera:

I bought this about three weeks ago, and cannot put it down! The images are amasing, it is light for a DSLR, portable, and easy to use. I have used it both indoors and out doors with beautiful results. I took pictures of my daughters beauty pagent, and her dance class class, as well as her gymnastics class, all with great results. I love the posibilitys aforded with all of the different settings. The sport setting worked great for her dance and gymnastics classes and I loved being able to control my depth of field during her pageant. I would recomend this highly to anyone looking for an affordable DSLR.

Image Quality
I have taken 1, 679 pictures with this camera in the past three weeks and have not been disapointed by any of them. The images are bright, crisp, and clear even when enlarged.

It dose everything I wanted it to do and more. It is also easy to use and fast.

A child could take great images with this camera.

I have only had this for about three weeks but it seems to be very well made, I am not worried about it braking down.

Battery Life
I have not charged it since I first bought it 1, 679 images ago!

Portability
It fits nicly into a camera bag and is fairly light.

Love!

Comments about Sony - Alpha DSLR-A330L with 18-55mm lens Digital Camera:

I love this camera! I have never taken such high quality pictures. It is great for action shots as well as landscapes or portraits. The only complaint that I have had with it is that I can't shoot video

Portability
It is a big camera and it can be difficult to take places without having to carry the camera bag.

• Portability:

Fun to use, and quality photos taken even if you are a beginner.

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Sony - Alpha DSLR-A330L with 18-55mm lens Digital Camera:

This camera was a gift to me from my husband. I always loved to take pictures, but developing film got very expensive. My first digital camera was a Kodak easy share but this camera beats all the point and shoot ones to shame. It is so easy to use and the pictures are awesome!!

Image Quality
I love the focus on this camera, you can let it auto focus or focus yourself to make the background of main subject in or out of focus. love this feature.

I have had no problems with it at all so far. I have not tried all the settings as of yet but all i have tried has worked very well.

it can be complicated using some features, but as I am a beginner it may just be me. ( LOL )

Very good so far, but i am very careful not to drop or scratch the lenses ( glass is easy to scratch) on the lenses.

Battery Life
The battery life surprised me. It lasted all day at the beach and I took about 2 gig of pictures. When i got home it said it still had half of the battery still left. But I used the view finder and not the video screen

Portability
If you have this kind of camera, you deffinatly need a carry case. For all the extras. ( lenses, cleaner for lenses extra sd cards and so on) but with a good case with lots of pockets makes it portable.

• Portability:

Love my Sony Alpha DSLR-A330L!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Sony - Alpha DSLR-A330L with 18-55mm lens Digital Camera:

I had been dreaming of a DSLR for quite some time, and my husband bought this one for me as a gift. And what a gift! This thing takes amazing photographs. Admittedly, I don't know all the funtions on the camera, and I don't know what it can do inside and out yet, but wow. I have used it to take pictures of our children, and there are more than a few that turned out even better than if they were professionally done in a studio.

Also, we took the Sony Alpha on a few weekend trips. I have amazing winter-y snow pictures (all the white didn't even phase the camera), as well as some pretty detailed Grand Canyon photos. Needless to say, I am super pleased with the landscape and portrait modes.

I can't think of a single thing about this camera that I would change.

Except maybe if Sony could make the telephoto zoom lens and the specialty portrait lens a little less expensive. Additional lenses are costly!

Sony Alpha 330 is a Great camera! I love it!

from Troy, NC

Comments about Sony - Alpha DSLR-A330L with 18-55mm lens Digital Camera:

This camera is great.  I needed a camera to go with my minolta lenses and this is the one I chose.   All of the minolta lenses and the accessory flash work with this camera.  Of course the Sony lens that comes with the camera works great as well.  The Sony Alpha 330 takes great pictures and is easy to use.  This camera has a live view screen as opposed to older models of the alpha that only allows you to see the photos you have taken on the screen.  The screen tilts in case you need to raise the camera above your head and still see what you are taking pictures of.  The battery that came with the camera has a long life and usually charges within an hour.  I would probably have an extra battery for just-in-case, but the battery does last a long time.  I consider myself to be a novice at photography, but this digital SLR is a great camera for me especially since I don't have to buy any lenses for it.  The only drawback is the live view looks grainy, but once the picture is taken, it shows up clear.

Fantastic camera

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Sony - Alpha DSLR-A330L with 18-55mm lens Digital Camera:

Once you leave behind those rinky dink point and shoot cameras and graduate into the world of slr photography, you will notice the quality and the enjoyment that you recieve from your photos to be multiplied manyfold. I love this camera. I will never ever use a point and shoot again. This has art to it, and even though it has the same or less megapixels than other cameras, it is a real joy to use and I highly recommend it.

I also like the fact that there is the option to add on to it using minolta lenses, which can be had at a fraction of the prices as those of other lenses.

The live view screen is great- I never use the viewfinder anymore, and the price is definitely not exclusive to professionals.

Love this Sony DSLR

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Sony - Alpha DSLR-A330L with 18-55mm lens Digital Camera:

Having bought this DSLR just recently, I admit that I was thinking long and hard about spending on this camera. Some electronics, such as a laptop or a cellphone should be purchased considering the amount of hours and hours that you will spend using the item. The same goes for this type of camera.

I could see that if I purchased the wrong item, that I would get turned off from photography, and there are many things to push one off the path: difficulty using the camera, that it doesn't have a good feel to it, the interface may be annoying to use, it may be too weighty, or even too light- giving it a cheap plastic feel.

I can honestly say that I have had none of these issues with my dear Sony Alpha. I love this camera to death. It has everything I need to take beautiful stills. I have had it for a few months, and the initial feeling of excitement and enjoyment still hasn't worn off. I will see things all the time, and have to run to get my camera.

The Picture Perfect Sony SLR a330

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Sony - Alpha DSLR-A330L with 18-55mm lens Digital Camera:

Spent quite a good bit of time researching digital cameras before going with the Sony alpha 330. I've had several digital cameras over the years, but this was my first SLR camera. No regrets so far! I'm still trying to go through all of the many special features on the camera, but everything is easy to figure out. The auto-focus is surprisingly quick, and you can keep snapping photos back to back. The viewfinder has a nice and bright screen, which makes it easy to point and shoot. The a330 also has a stabilizer feature that prevents you from accidentally moving too much and blurring the pictures. The camera is fairly lightweight and has performed well through very hot (Honolulu, Hawaii) and very cold (Fairbanks, Alaska). The Maxxum lenses are easy to interchange and easy to zoom. The digital pics come out wonderful- crystal clear with extremely high resolution. I already upgraded to the 18-55mm zoom lense.

The Sony Alpha DSLR A330L digital camera is great for the price

from Houston, TX

Comments about Sony - Alpha DSLR-A330L with 18-55mm lens Digital Camera:

The Sony Alpha DSLR 330l is great. I've had mine for about 6 months and i absolutely love it. i also purchased the longer lens to go with it which is obviously very handy for things that are farther away. It takes pictures that look like a much more expensive and professional camera took them. I hardy ever have to use Photoshop any more because the pictures are just perfect. It also has amazing depth of field and any photo you take looks amazing. Another feature i really enjoy is the all the different settings they have. A really handy one i use very often is the night feature where it brightens the photo when dark and macro is really handy also. What was really the selling point for me, though, was the adjustable screen. It is VERY useful when on a tripod or an awkward position. I completely recommend the product.