Other Digital Cameras:
Digital SRL Cameras
Canon
Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera

Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera

Pros

• Easy to use (6)
  • Image stabilization (6)
  • Fast / accurate auto-focus (5)
  • Fast shutter speed (5)
  • Good image quality (4)

Cons

• Short battery life (3)

• Wildlife (6)
  • Landscape/scenery (5)
  • Sports/action (5)
  • Video (5)
  • Family photos (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Photography student (4)
    • Was this a gift?:
    • I received a sample (10), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

No more missed opportunities for me!

I purchased the Canon Rebel XTi just after Christmas and never looked back. This camera is the business! I had owned a Canon SLR 30 years ago and it went everywhere with me for years, it was functional and indestructible. The digital cameras I bought in the last 8 years or so never gave me the same quality I was used to with my SLR. After losing a number of great photo opportunities over the years I finally invested in a digital SLR. Wow! The Rebel XTl is compact, lightweight, fast, simple to use right out of the box and has long battery life. I opted for the black model and it even looks great. The camera takes superb photos inside and out. Even though I've only had it a few months I've taken over a thousand photos, traveling, job sites, architecture and it does a fab job with the kids. I looked hard to find the right camera, ie I did my homework and my only complaint is the Optical Zoom (EF-S 18-55mm) doesn't zoom as well as many digital cameras so I will be investing in a another lens soon.

No more missed opportunities for me!

Great Camera for the inspiring photographer

My husband and I bought this camera as our first "professional" camera. We have yet to learn all of the features. However, we are still able to get great photos on the automatic feature. I wish I didn't have to always look into the lens, however the newer version fixes this. The camera is easy to use (at least on the automatic setting). THe manual that it comes with gives pointers on how to use it. Ours also came with a bag. I wish that the camera and the lenses weren't as big as they are. It can be a hassle carrying the different lenses around to get different shots. Overall, the camera has quality pictures, but a lot of cameras can take quality pictures at a fraction of the cost and size. The camera has been good with getting close up shots. The battery that the camera came with is nice because it lasts for a long time and it charges easily (it plugs into the wall). I also like how easy it is to download the pictures onto my computer.

review canon camera professional

from Constantine algeria

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast / Accurate Auto-Focus
  • Fast Shutter Speed
  • Good Image Quality
  • Good Image Stabilization
  • High ISO Performance
  • Large Clear LCD

Cons

• No Viewfinder

Comments about Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera:

Chimera so wonderful small restrain helping to carry and use in videos filmed and are not talking about quality are high and excellent as the zoom where sophisticated and whatever brought the distance Vsthafez on quality and recorded sound is also As for the drawbacks, it seems that the non-existent let alone It's a great

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

so old put still so good

from RIYADH/SAUDI ARABIA

About Me Photography Student

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast / Accurate Auto-Focus
  • Fast Shutter Speed
  • Good Image Stabilization
  • Quiet

Cons

• Poor In Low Light
  • Short Battery Life
  • Small LCD Screen

Comments about Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera:

Canon is the only D-SLR brand to own and manufacture the sensor, processor and lenses in house. "EOS photographers benefit from 20 years of ongoing research investment into EOS," said Jensen. "EOS photographers have the great advantage of owning a system camera in which every element is designed at a very fundamental level to work as a balanced, integrated whole. It is one reason why more than 70% of registered photographers at the Athens Olympics shot on EOS." With EOS, Canon aims to provide consumers with the widest and most expandable camera system available, including over 60 EF lenses and Speedlite flash units
so if you want to be a pro photographer I recommend this canon cam

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Everything in this camera it's a great,It's a great a great.

from Ankara, Turkey

About Me Photo Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast / Accurate Auto-Focus
  • Good Image Stabilization
  • High ISO Performance

Cons

• Lag / Shutter Delay
  • Short Battery Life

Comments about Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera:

Everything in this camera it's a great, I use it in everything nature and the University and within the family concerts and games, correspondence and work even in the event of a sudden something I really thank you for this product

Very excellent camera

from sa

About Me Photography Student

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast / Accurate Auto-Focus
  • Fast Shutter Speed
  • Good Image Quality
  • Good Image Stabilization
  • High ISO Performance
  • Tilt /Swivel LCD

Cons

• Short Battery Life

• Indoors/Low Light

Very excellent camera

i would buy it

from medea algeria

About Me Photography Student

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast / Accurate Auto-Focus
  • Fast Shutter Speed
  • Good Image Quality
  • Good Image Stabilization
  • High ISO Performance
  • Tilt /Swivel LCD

nice product

good

About Me Photography Student

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Fast Shutter Speed
    • Good Image Quality
    • Good Image Stabilization
    • Large Clear LCD

• Indoors/Low Light

Comments about Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera:

good quality the image and nice in the video

• Was this a gift?:

Excellent if you want professional looking images.

Comments about Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera:

This camera is beyond greater than any digital camera I have ever purchased. We wanted something that could record video, and also a camera that would capture every detail in any condition or lighting - this exceeds my expectations of quality.

Image Quality
      Resolution is exceptional. You see every grain, in any image; further, the pixels are clean and clear, and optimal zoom allows you to get deep in to your subject, for the best image quality possible.

You can use the camera nearly anywhere. It is a bit large, but it can withstand any weather conditions, water, mist, and heavy wind conditions, with the slightest of ease.

I find it a bit clunky and large. Other than this, the camera is a point and shoot, or you can use the viewfinder to capture close up images.

The body is rugged, and can withstand use anywhere. Regardless of weather conditions, or the location you are shooting, the camera is well made, solidly constructed, and far more rugged than any smaller digital camera you will buy today.

Battery Life
      The battery lasts for weeks on end without a charge. On a full charge, you can capture hundreds of images, as well as hours of video footage easily.

Portability
      This is the main drawback. It is a large camera, and even when you remove the lenses, and place it in the carrying case, it is large. However, you can easily transport it with the case and removable lenses.

• Portability:

I love this camera and all of the available upgrades

from West Virginia

Comments about Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera:

Overall I am very satisfied with my camera. It has tons of upgrades available. I can buy many different accessories, lenses, etc for this model and everything with it has been running smoothly. I love the strap that I bought after market for it. The camera takes great photos in all weather and it works well with movement.

Image Quality
      I can tell a significant different between this camera and my Nikon. It also seems to just hold up better. The camera takes better action shots than I thought and after prior experience with other similar brands I would choose this camera every time. The action shots are rarely blurry and I don't get red eyes as much with this camera.

I've had a great time with my camera. I've used it to take wedding photos, baby photos, and several event photos that had a lot of movement and weather issues. The photos all look wonderful and I have a great editing software specific to this camera.

It's very easy to use. It has more advanced features, but it also has the point and shoot method that I love because even my grandmother can use this camera.

So far it has been great. I've not dropped it but the components and the camera all feel sturdy.

Battery Life
      I'm surprised how well the battery holds up in this camera. I can actually take 500 photos with this camera or more at times and the battery seems to hold up through it all. I took photos at a 12 hour wedding event and never had to change my batteries.

Portability
      It's a little bulky to just carry around but a good compact case has solved this issue for me. The camera base itself is easy to port around. The accessories add on some extra weight and bulk but nothing I can't tolerate for a good camera.

A Good Basic Camera

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera:

This is my third Canon Rebel that I have had. They all seem to start off great, but with time the picture quality and especially lighting on the basic Auto setting seem to not be as sharp and accurate as they started off being.

Image Quality
      I love the sport mode. It takes great action shots and tons of them. I take photos of my daughter running track and doing soccer and I am always pleased.

The quality always seems to start off great. I basically am a point and shoot photographer with high expectations. I get frustrated when the lighting isn't great and I have to do a lot of editing to get what I think I originally saw live.

I keep it on the Auto setting and occasionally use the zoom setting or the sports mode. The are easy to find. I also like being able to force or turn off the flash. This is important when shooting through glass and I don't want a flash reflection.

I did drop my last one on Diamond Head and it took a few repairs, but for the most part, they last forever.

Portability
      This newer version is so much lighter than its ancestors and I greatly appreciate that on long days at theme parks!

PERFECT!

Comments about Canon - Rebel XTi Digital Camera:

Sadly, I do not own a Canon Digital Camera myself, but it is amazing. I took an Interactive Multimedia college tech prep class in high school, and this camera was provided, and proved to be very useful. I used it on projects to do voice overs, recording, and of course, take pictures. It's durable, easy to carry, and produces very high quality images. It is also easy to transport these images onto a computer or so on. The zoom is amazing, and sound quality is pretty good, and it's easy to use.