4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Overall the best camera ever!

This is by far the best camera ever, in my opinion. It's a no-brainer. It actually tells you what the best settings are. It fits perfect in your hand. Even professionals use this camera, and with it you can take pictures just like a professional. The photos are amazing. Long ago you had to waste film with continuous shot-taking in order to get the perfect timing on an action shot. But with this camera you can take continuous shots and simply delete the ones around it that you don't want. I looove digital memory cards, but the best pictures come out on film, with one exception- this camera! You can have the best of both worlds- film quality and the convienence of money-saving memory cards that you can use over and over again. This camera is just unbelivable in every way- from it's ability to take gorgeous pictures even in dark settings to an amazing abundance of attachements that you can buy for it- to make it personal for your specific needs. The camera itself is beautiful and high quality. It runs so smooth and quiet- you actually feel that you have quality in your hands when you are using it. It is the number one in ratings. You don't have to go to college to learn how to take pictures like a professional- this camera tells you how- just simply set it to the suggested setting the camera tells you to, or play around with the setting and conditions to learn yourself what works best- there is no film waste! There is no such thing as a mistake. There are no film or batteries to waste- it comes with a charger. You just simply can't go wrong with this camera. Yes it is a little steep in price because it is such top notch quality. But you can either keep buying cameras in order to get new features and test out which one is right for you, or you can skip all that time and money and go straight to the camera that has it all, and be set for life (camera-wise). Your friends and family will be amazed when you show them the pictures you took at your get-togethers. And you will skip going to professional studios to get those pricey family portraits- cause now you can take professional pictures at home. When you really think about it you save much money and time. Your family deserves to be displayed in nice quality photos. Quality photos aren't always about talent- sometimes it's the camera- what you need is this camera- the Nikon D90!

Takes great Pictures but has some downfalls

Nikon --- a world leader in camera quality and technology has created a great quality camera in the D90. It has outstanding picture quality. The auto focus is quick.  It has an unlimited amount of options and settings. BUT, beware it is heavy to carry around at a photo shoot or taking on a day trip. It is not balanced well and after positioning it you have to be careful because it tips forward. The trigger is a long stretch from the body of the camera which makes it hard for people with small hands to use. There are many great digital SLR cameras on the market now and when purchasing one you should hold it in your hand to make sure it fits comfortably. You should hang it around your neck to make sure it's not too heavy for you. Walk around the store holding and shooting the camera for awhile before you purchase, make sure it is comfortable for you. Take into consideration what you will be using the camera for and if the weight and size are not comfortable to hold then choose a different camera.  Good Luck

Algeria Tiaret state Dawn neighborhood of 180 housing door N

from Algeria Tiaret state

About Me Photography Student

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Poor Image Stabilization

• Family Photos
  • Weddings/Events

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

Use of the product professionalism. Things that are great about it is the imaging accuracy. Things that are not so great on this subject I do not know

• Was this a gift?:

Beautiful DSLR, great optics, but a bit too heavy

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

The Bottom Line: I cannot say enough great things about the Nikon D90. It simply creates beautiful images, with beautiful colors, contrast and sharpness. If you are a photo hobbyist, you are bound to love this camera, and the only warning I would give, is regarding the substantial weight of this DSLR. If you pan on carrying it around a lot, and if you are a woman, it will end up killing your shoulder over time.

Image Quality
The Nikon D90's 12.3 Megapixels DX-format CMOS imaging sensor makes taking photos such a pleasure. Most of the time, the photos you end up will actually look better than reality. It creates beautiful, bright and contrasted colors, super sharp pictures (which also greatly depend on the quality of the lens you use, but the Nikon 18-105 mm ens that comes with the kit is truly outstanding and all you will need in most situations).

This truly is an incredible camera, and I absolutely LOVED it while I owned it. I spent two years in Europe and the photos I was able to capture with the D90 are of a quality I may not have been able to get from another camera. The only negative of the D90 is its weight when it has the lens attached. I really felt the weight of it on my shoulders over time, and had to get rid of it to get the much lighter D3200.

Nikon cameras are always very easy to start using, even if you are new at taking photos, and has very intuitive functions with intuitive button placement. What you see is pretty much what you get, and you can start taking photos pretty much right out of the box. This D90 definitely fits the Nikon pattern and is very easy to use.

With a sturdy and solid frame and body, you can rest assured that this camera will last you for years to come. Nikon makes some of the toughest cameras out there and I have dropped a few in my lifetime, yet none of them ever stopped working.

Battery Life
The battery life is incredibly long, even if, like me, you like to check your shots every time, and go back through your photos to delete and edit. I went once on a one-week vacation in the South of France, and had forgotten my charger at home, but still managed to take well over 2000 photos on one charge over that one week period. It will depend on how much you use the flash as well, and the temperature (colder will use up the battery faster) but either way, you will be impressed at how long the battery charge can last.

Portability
I had the D100 before this D90 and was pretty unhappy with the weight of the D100 (over 700 grams), and was hoping that the D90 would be a bit lighter, for travel purposes. Unfortunately, it is barely lighter than my D100, and weighs in at 620 grams without the lens. Add the 18-105 mm lens, and you end up carrying a fairly heavy camera. It is fine if you don't need to haul it around, but for trips where you will be carrying it around all day long, I urge you to really think about the total weight and how much of a pain it wi end up being. I LOVED my D90 but ended up selling it a few years later in order to get the much lighter D3200.

The BEST all-around DSLR I have ever owned yet

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

The Nikon D90 is a great all round feature packed semi professional range DSLR camera. The camera has a solid well built body feel, viewfinder, and auto focus system. The D90 has an HDMI output and has more than adequate shooting speed for action shots, shooting at 4.5 fps. The buffer does not seem to really fill quickly and slow the camera down while holding the shutter button down. The cameras processing and manipulation feels exceptionally quick and responsive. You should certainly have it on your short list.

Image Quality
While not the highest resolution DSLR camera you can get your hands on, the overall image quality is excellent. The default output of the processing is more natural or muted allowing for post processing of the image at a high quality for just the look you want.

The D90 is very responsive. Performance is improved and excellent because of the nice processor used.

Great Camera

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

I've always been a fan of the Nikon brand of digital cameras because they're so easy to understand and use. Even the more professional and more expensive ones have simple, easy to recognize buttons and are overall very easy to use. I bought my Nikon D90 over three years ago and I absolutely love it. I had bought other small inexpensive cameras, both Nikon and Cannon and enjoyed both, but this was my first DSLR and I'm so glad I got it. I was only seventeen at the time and hadn't had much experience or knowledge of cameras and I was very surprised at how quickly I picked up how to use it. The buttons are pretty much self-explanatory and the only parts where you need to know about cameras is when it gets into the manual ISO, aperture and shutter speed settings. Other than that though, all you really have to do is point and click. The quality of the photos it takes are amazing and I've even won a few contests I've entered with work I've taken with this camera.

• Portability:

The Nikon D90 is the perfect camera for me!

from Nokomis, IL

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

I love this camera. It's perfect for me. I honestly can't see myself upgrading to a more expensive body since buying this one. While many cameras out there today have more megapixels, I find that the 12.3 megapixels of this camera are more than enough. I've printed posters from photographs I've taken with this camera, and the prints are sharp even if standing just a foot away. Don't buy into the megapixel craze. More megapixels doesn't equal better pictures. In fact, more megapixels can actually be a negative because the file sizes will be larger and will take up more space on memory cards and your hard drive. Don't worry about megapixels. Get a quality camera body like this.

A few things I like about the D90. I like that the D90 will autofocus with older Nikkor AF lenses. I like that I can record up to 5 minute HD video clips. I like the fast burst rate, ability to switch almost any setting via the physical buttons (rather than having to go into the menus), and I loved the price.

My only complaint would be what I consider to be excessive noise at higher ISO's. I don't go above 1600 because of the noise, and even that's pushing it. But this is fairly common, even with more expensive bodies.

This is truly a professional level camera, at a price that enthusiasts such as myself can afford. I realize that it's not as inexpensive as the entry level cameras out there, but the quality is far greater.

Great Buy

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

I have owned this camera over a year now and I am very satisfied with it. Though I am not a professional photographer I love how I can take quality pictures with it ! It is very easy to use and assemble/ reassemble. I bought a bag that goes with it for easy storage/travel. The camera by itself is a little heavy but you should expect that with any digital cameras. I highly recommend this camera. Pictures come out amazing !

• Portability:

Great Picture quality and easy to use

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

We got this camera for my boyfriends daughter for christmas. I was shocked at the quality of the pictures and how easy the camera is to work. I was even able to use it with ease. I am not the most savey person when it comes to gadgets. I also was surprised at how light weight the camera was. Buy this camera!!!

cool camera

from Jasper, GA

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

I love this camera.. It's easy to use and the pictures turn out perfect.. I love the different photo settings, like the motion one, and the active one.. I can take picture of my kids without having to yell at them to "Stand still!!" It's easy to upload my photos to my laptop too... The red-eye feature is great.. My children no longer look like "demons" with red eyes glowing.. I can take photos in any type of light which makes it a dream.. The small size made it perfect for our family trip to Disney last year as well as our small family outings to the mountains.. It took me a little while to figure out all the different settings, but once I played with it for a little I was a "pro" :)

Image Quality
even in dim light the pictures turn out wonderful

easy enough for my 11 year old to use!!

It's been dropped and rained on so the durability is GREAT!

Battery Life
Would like for the battery to last longer but we always keep extra in the carrying pouch just in case

Portability
small enough to fit in my purse and to stow away in the glove compartment of my car

I love video!

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

This is an absolutely adequate camera. It takes nice photos. It's a cheap priced SLR. I like the Nikon layout more than I like the Canon layout. But what I really like about this camera is that it gives me a removable lens video camera for a reasonable price. I love that I can use the manual focus and get the shot exactly as I want it, which you can't do with many of the actual video cameras. I like that this has a lot of flexibility between being a video camera and a still camera. It is easy to upload the video on to your computer with this camera, much easier than with many of the video cameras. I like that it comes with a decent lens. It's a nice little video camera!

such a great camera!

from Cummings, KS

Comments about Nikon - D90 Digital Camera:

I received this camera aas a christmas present. It was aan upgrade from my d60 and i love every second of it. It was an easy transition from my old camera, the controls and buttons were far more intuitive and easier to use. I love that I now have an on camera focus motor, which widens the options of lenses I am able to use (and in a few cases the lenses are far less expensive!) . The video function has been great to uuse, although my only complaint is having to aauto focus. My videos aare getting better, but the first few clips were pretty blurry. I have really enjoyed learning this camera as I delve ffarther into the world of photography. I would certainly recommend this camera for anyone looking to upgrade!