Other Digital Cameras:
Digital SRL Cameras
Nikon
Nikon - D200 Digital Camera

Nikon - D200 Digital Camera

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Large clear LCD (3)

• Family photos (4)
  • Travel (4)
  • Sports/action (3)
  • Wildlife (3)
    • No (4)

One of the best in the industry!

I am a Navy photographer and use the Nikon D200 for my job.  It is a very reliable camera and has a lot of options to individualize my photos.  Instead of relying on computer programs I can edit and shoot many things within the camera, including RAW.  Double exposure is one of my favorite and not found on very many digital cameras.  Though there is always a special place in my heart for black and white film photography digital is another option to consider and this camera is very affective.

nice

from tunisia

About Me Photo Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Good Battery Life
  • Great Zoom
  • Large Clear LCD
  • Small / Compact

Cons

• Poor in Low Light

• Macro Photography

Comments about Nikon - D200 Digital Camera:

That nikon makes good quality camera's is well known to a lot of people . This camera is aimed at a professionals or those who like to become one.

the camera is heavy, but you can hold it very fine , you instantly feel quality when you pick this camera up. The sound it makes is music to my ears you hear the difference between a D200 and a D80 very well. It also is a fast camera able to 5fps with advanced menu options .

the camera perfomes very well and makes me smile , i am glad that i have bought one i use it now more than my previous D80 wich i sold because it can not compare to the D200

Image Quality
there are plenty of options to tweak the result , the camera has P, S, A, M mode and and MUP and many more on the outside. internal the there are jpeg and raw . jpeg has several tweak levels .

fast , durable no need to stop in pouring rain

in the beginning you get confused by the deepness of the possibilities but practicing helps as well as a good book. i use david d bush nikon d200 field guide and tom hogans ebook now i understand the camera a lot better it has been some steep learning coming from the D80 but i am now glad to have made the step

it goes and goes it can withstand porfessional misuse and as a advanced hobbist that is fine for me

Battery Life
it eats BATTERIES but with a grip you can use 2 batteries in total and that is good enough for great photo's

Portability
like said earlier it is heavy but i am not a girl but a firm boy. i very like it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

An excellent semi pro/Pro camera!

from New York, NY

About Me Pro Photographer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast/accurate auto-focus
  • Good Image Quality
  • Large Clear LCD
  • Short Lag Time
  • Small / Compact

• Landscape/Scenery
    • Weddings/Events

Comments about Nikon - D200 Digital Camera:

This was one of the finest cameras I've ever worked with. I had 3 of them and all 3 performed flawlessly for many years on professional assignments!

Another World

from aswan,egypt

About Me Semi-pro Photographer

Pros

• Good Image Stabilization

Comments about Nikon - D200 Digital Camera:

this product is very easy to use

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I am a uae photographer and use the Nikon D200

from UAE

About Me Pro Photographer

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Fast/accurate auto-focus
        • Good Image Quality
        • Good Image Stabilization
        • Good in Low Light
        • Great Zoom
        • Large Clear LCD

Cons

• Lag / Shutter Delay
        • Short Battery Life

Comments about Nikon - D200 Digital Camera:

i love this camera and i loke make photoes so much

from Saudi Arabia

About Me Photo Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • High ISO Performance

• Indoors/Low Light
          • Landscape/Scenery
          • Video
          • Weddings/Events

A true professional DSLR

Comments about Nikon - D200 Digital Camera:

The Bottom Line: When I first bought this DSLR, I knew that I would get a lot for my money (this is not a budget friendly DSLR), and it did not disappoint. For the time I used it, I produced some of my favorite photos to date. The only reason I ended up getting rid of it was because of its unrealistic weight (for me, anyway), and could not see myself carrying well over two pounds' worth of camera on my shoulder all day long. Otherwise and exceptional Nikon DSLR.

Image Quality
          This DSLR was possible the best DSLR I have ever worked with. The quality of photographs is nothing short of outstanding, the colors are the most accurate I have ever seen, the White Balance always spot on, as well as the exposure, even in very low light. I was extremely impressed at the sharpness of some of the photos I have taken in very low light (like in a church), even though I had the ISO set to 3200, which tends to result in very grainy photos. This camera works so well on its own, that I rarely ever had to adjust the lighting, contrast, colors etc out of the camera.

As mentioned above, absolutely outstanding DSLR. It is fast, the focus point is aways super sharp, even for action shots, and the quality of the photos really impressed me (and I have used MANY Nikons DSRs!).

This DSR has more functions than most people will ever need, even professional photographers, and may seem a bit overwhelming at first. If you stick to the basic functions, then it is a very easy camera to use, but when you get into the nitty-gritty and technical functions of this camera, you may very well feel like you really don't have a need for all of the functions this camera is able to perform. Best used by people who know a lot about photography and all of the technical aspects of it.

With a metal body and frame, you can almost bang this camera around and never worry about it breaking. It is designed to be handled frequently and may I say, even roughly, and it definitely passes the sturdiness test.

Battery Life
          Nikon advertised that you could take up to 2700 shots with one charge. I tested that theory and it proved to be 100% accurate. I could not believe how long the battery charge lasted, even when I used the built-in flash, and reviewed photos after every shot. Simply outstanding battery life.

Portability
          I am quite sad to have to give this Nikon D200 such a bad grade, but this is the ONLY reason I ended up returning it after a few weeks of playing with it. It simply is MUCH too heavy. Without a lens, it comes in at 830 grams (which is about 1.8 pounds), and add a lens to the body, and you end up with well over two pounds. If you have someone that will carry your heavy bag of equipment around, then this is the camera for you, but if, like me, you are 100% responsible for carrying the camera around, I would not recommend this camera at all. It is simply much too heavy, but professional cameras tend to be that way and it should be expected, but it is also something you should be prepared for.

• Image Quality:

fast , durable no need to stop in pouring rain

• Image Quality:
          • Battery Life:
          • Portability:

One of the best in the industry!

from Silverdale, WA

Comments about Nikon - D200 Digital Camera:

this is a great camera for the serious amateur

from Coarsegold, CA

Comments about Nikon - D200 Digital Camera:

My Nikon D200 has opened up a whole new world of advanced Digital SLR photography. I got into digital SLR photography a couple of years ago with an entry level Nikon D50. This introduced me to the concept of images that could then be processed into fine photographs. After just a few months I wanted to step up to a higher level camera. The Nikon D200 has been great. I have traveled around the western US and taken thousands of images. My photography has become better than I ever thought it could using the Nikon D200. There are now more advanced systems from Nikon but I still am getting great results with my Nikon D200. No mechanical or electronic problems even after 22-3 years and 10,000 + images.

This is not a light camera for easy portability on trips or hikes but the weight trade off is worth the high quality that it provides. If you are serious about stepping up to a higher level the Nikon D200 is a great camera and as newer systems become available, it will be a bargain.

Some of my images can be seen at vibrant-light-photography.smugmug.com

Good camera for semi-pro.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Nikon - D200 Digital Camera:

Good digital camera for semi-pro. It is a little too heavy though, but with the quality of the pictures it takes, I do not mind it.

Sometimes i find it a little too dificult to navigate it s features, especially with the flash i have.

Overall a great camera.