2.8

2.8

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Photo enthusiast (3)
    • No (5)

Snapfish for photo sharing, cool gifts and fast prints

**Snapfish for Photo Skins, cool gifts, photo sharing and more**I love to share my photos with friends and family.  Snapfish is an EASY way to do that.   Set up a free account, upload your photos into an album you create, and voila!  Share the album with anyone you want.

**Prints with options**Anyone can order prints from the albums they're invited to view (or your own, of course) and on many occasions, I have ordered dual sets of pics for family (the second set is dirt cheap).  Snapfish processes them quickly and ships them directly to the recipient.  I love this feature, and have never been unhappy with the quality.   Best of all, you can add borders - wild or simple - to your shots when ordering.  I always prefer the thin white border and it's an option, which makes me extra happy.   The only time I was dissatisfied was when I ordered prints to be picked up near my house.  MUCH better to have Snapfish process them and mail them.

**Cool Gifts!**You can also use Snapfish to order cool photo-based gifts, even at the last minute.  This year, I ordered a phtoto mug for Father's Day, thanking my dad on the mug for a great trip he'd just taken the family on.   He was blown away that it was customized and came so soon after the trip.   Today I see that Snapfish has added "skins".......peel and stick photos that customize iPhones, computers, PDAs, whatever gear you're packin.'   ;-)    I can imagine that will be a huge hit with teens.   I can imagine a few business applications using this feature, too.

**Editing & Enhancements**Snapfish also makes it easy to rotate, crop, enhance your photos.  Once you've uploaded to your album and tweaked all the photos to your liking, you can start to play with the album itself, captioning, rearranging, etc.  It's easy to use and highly customizable.

The Bottom Line:  ***Libby Loves It!***

It isn't a Snap to organize my 500 pictures!

**To the Point**I have been using Snapfish for a long time. Something has consistently bothered me but it wasn't until I received 500 photos that it was about time to do...Read complete review

**To the Point**I have been using Snapfish for a long time. Something has consistently bothered me but it wasn't until I received 500 photos that it was about time to do something!

**A Closer View**

There is no doubt that Snapfish is usually the least expensive online photo shop. I've found the site easy to use. I like being able to edit easily. I can crop and remove red eye. They have wonderful items to buy such as cards, stationary and photo books. I bought my husband and my step son's girlfriend blocks of paper with sentimental pictures on them and they came out wonderful.

However enough is enough and I wrote to the CEO via www.planetfeedback after not being able to send my comment at the site. There was something wrong with the send button!

So what has pushed me over the final edge? The fact that my pictures never come back in order. It's one thing if you have 25 pictures of Boston. It's another think when you have 500 pictures from all around the country. I take pains to take pictures of the name of the waterfall I am seeing. I take pains to take pictures of the name of the campground I am staying at so I'll know that the site which may look like many others belongs to Crater National Park, etc...

Well in spite of ordering them in order every time I get them back from Snapfish they are out of order. This is not slightly out of order. I have August 22 for example with June 5th destinations. I have names of waterfalls without the waterfall. Right now these pictures are stacked on my table and I've numbered the back in what I think are the right groups. Eventually I will have to go to my 60 pages of notes to make sure Klautz Trail was at Mt. Rainer, etc. etc.

I have not heard from Snapfish.

Just an additional note: the quality of the pictures and price are very good. I can't say I wouldn't use Snapfish if I had a small order thus I am going to give the service 3 stars and recommend them. I was going to give them 2 stars but I feel as if I'd be hypocritical in case I did use them again! **Jo's Viewpoint**

**I don't like it!**

The Nightmare on Snapfish Street

from Ohio

• Family Photos

Comments about Snapfish:

This site has gone dramatically downhill! This year I have spent more time talking to Snapfish Chat Techs than wrapping gifts! I made and ordered two photo books. When I received them one of the books was completely ruined inside. MANY pages with the pictures printed off the page with heads cut off, some just half a body. I went back and checked the book on the site and it was perfect. The other book I received was not even mine! When I told them (all techs start out with the same exact apology) they said they would send me a label via email to send the other person's book back and they would correct and send a new one of mine..saying "I guarantee it will be perfect this time!"
      I received it a few days later and it was EXACTLY the same as the first time. I called furious and was told it was a tech problem on their end and they would correct it and resend "FOR FREE". Really??!! What a deal! Cuz I paid for it the FIRST time you sent it messed up! WHY would I pay for it again? Still no sign of it or even notice saying it has been shipped. I had to remind them I never received a label to return the book I received in error. I said I thought I deserved SOME kind of compensation for all my trouble and for repacking and returning THEIR mistake.Nope! Nothing.
      I use this site to organize my photos into albums..and for that it is convenient.
      I ordered MANY photo books in the past with no problems. This year the lack of communication...and the language barrier in chat is unbelievable. I cant count how many times I have to repeat the same thing over and over and use CAPS to say,
      " Please scan WAY UP..I started out stating what you JUST asked me!" etc.
      As compensation I was offered free shipping on an order I used "pick up from store" on for Christmas cards! That's how bad it is.
      So if you are NOT taking Rx blood pressure like I am, go for it!
      But I will be looking for the same products elsewhere after this season is over.

Never Again

from Denver, CO

About Me Casual Photographer

Comments about Snapfish:

"I wish I could give zero stars.< br>I created books that I wanted to purchase on the "Buy one, get two free" special that expired April 15. But there was a technical problem with one of the books where some of the pictures would "shrink" when I went to review mode - it looked terrible! So I went to online customer support chat. They said it would have to be sent to the higher up technical team. That was on APRIL 11. I have "chatted" at least 5 times, e-mailed once, and finally called and talked with a supervisor on MAY 2! Every single time they assured me that it had been "escalated" and that a request had been sent to the tech team to resolve the issue. Now it is MAY 11 (a FULL MONTH later) and I still have heard absolutely nothing and the problem is not resolved. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. All anyone will say is that it is still with the technical team, who, of course, cannot be contacted except by them sending a message. . . .Looks like I will have to find another site and start these books over from scratch. I will never do business with Snapfish again. "

Never Again- 1 star is generous

from New York

About Me Casual Photographer

Comments about Snapfish:

Will never use Snapfish again. My order never arrived, and when I contacted customer service I could only "chat" online. Each time I asked to speak to a manager they would disconnect my chat. I wasted so much time just trying to get my issue resolved. When I asked for a refund, they disconnected me as well. I was told they no longer offer a phone option. I ended up canceling my payment on my credit card. Never again!!!!

• Was this a gift?:

Very ODD coloring on wooden laminate photos

from West Chester PA

Comments about Snapfish:

I ordered one of the wooden frame photo options from Snapfish. The photo is BLUE - vs. the original photo. I will send it back but I am not sure it is due to the lamination process or? Also - if ordering christmas ornaments - check the size of the actual ornament. I ordered one without checking and it is about 1 inch. You can hardly see the photo.

AVOID

from Houma, LA

Pros

Cons

• Flimsy Construction
        • incapable of delivering product;refusesrefund
        • Poor Image Quality

Comments about Snapfish:

AVOID. Pictures of subjects were chopped off. Tech and engineering depts to fix but still unfixed in over 20 months now. Won't issue a full refund as of Oct 2015. Transaction started Feb 27, 2014. Go figure! AVOID.

Very Unreliable

from Houma, LA

Pros

Cons

• Flimsy Construction
            • Poor Image Quality

Comments about Snapfish:

Photobooks orders placed since Feb 27, 2014, still has NOT been delivered correctly. Photos inside the mailed photobks were chopped off. Been going back and forth fixing these with them up to tech and engineering dept several times for over 20 months, but the final product mailed were with cut off heads and persons. In September 2015, when I finally got tired of dealing with the company with excessive hours I have placed to get these straight, I have decided to completely cancel and get a full refund. But NO, Snapfish promised to fix it. Nov 2, 2015, I received the 2 photobooks in its worst ever. Multiple pics were messed up: cut off subjects, irregular sizes, malaligned, mess. SNAPFISH, I WANT MY FULL REFUND Including SHIPPING and HANDLING! NOW.

• Was this a gift?:

Takes too long to get their product!!!

Comments about Snapfish:

I would really score this company a 0 based on my frustration. I scored them a 3 because they definitely are below average. I ordered a calendar on January 16th and today is the 25th and it had not been delivered. That is waaaay too long to wait when I can order a calendar here locally and get it the same day. This is the last time I order from Snapfish!

Slow print & delivery of prints

Comments about Snapfish:

I ordered 300 pictures of my recent trip to Alaska so I would be ready to head to a scrapbooking weekend with my family & friends. I never dreamed it would take 12 days for the prints I ordered to be delivered or I would have never gone ahead with the order. I found out to late that I have only 25 minutes to cancel an order once I've placed it!! I've had a 'live chat' with them and sent an e-mail to their customer service with no understanding or help at all with trying to hurry the printing of my order so I'll get my pictures in time....basically they're taking 5 days to get them printed & it will take up to 5 days from that before they come in the mail. I'm very disappointed in this long time-line and will never, ever use them again!!

I used Snapfish to print 3 copies each of 40 photos.

Comments about Snapfish:

I ordered three copies of 40 photos all sized to fit 4x6. Half were printed incorrectly - image bled over the photo losing the edges of the image. In addition, it took 10 days to get the order, much too long. They did issue a refund. However, I will never use Snapfish again.

Not that great

from Utah

Comments about Snapfish:

We used to use Snapfish to print photos, but we switched to Shutterfly because of problems we had with Snapfish. We had a couple hundred wedding pictures printed out (from digital pictures), and several photons came with smeared colors on the photos. It looked like the printer was having problems and sprayed too much of one color of ink in a few spots. After this happened again on one or two more smaller orders, we stopped using Snapfish entirely. They did offer low prices to start out, but the quality was just too low to keep using them.