2.6
Artscow

Artscow

2.6

400 free prints

I was a little nervous about using a site that I'd never heard of before but took a chance and uploaded my pictures, ordered 50 5x7 50 4x6 and received them in a short amount of time. Shipping was 9.95 for 100 pictures. They do come from Hong Kong so expect it to take about a week. The quality was the same as Kodak or Snapfish (both I've used before). The pictures are printed on Fuji paper, I'll definitely use them again, plus I have 300 more picture to print.

Buyer beware. Deception awaits you with this e-tailer.

What sort of operation takes great measures to ensure their identities remain a secret? ArtsCow.com closed my account because I addressed the CEO by his real name in their forums. That is right, "Berry" is a made up name, but beware, address him by his real name and your account will be closed. Of course, my account will be reopened if "You need to promise no arguments again on our forum, and don't post our communications or other company details to third parties."This dispute began when I complained about their affiliate program. They offer 200 free prints if you refer someone and they make a purchase. I made 13 successful referrals, then attempted to collect my 2,600 free prints. Well, they have an unpublished policy which states only 50 free prints per size per month can be redeemed. I will have to wait 26 months to get all of my free prints. Their ad says if you refer 100 people you get 20,000 prints, but the ad fails to mention that you must wait nearly 17 years to collect these prints.

I should have heeded the earlier warning signs. "Berry" informed me that only exact shipping costs are charged, however the shipping costs are clearly printed on the packaging from the postal service. This was Berry's first lie to me, most of their profit surely comes from shipping.

Are you interested in the real names of the people behind this unscrupulous business? Look at their latest annual return here:http://stashbox.org/186130/artscow.pdfThis identifies the owners as:CHAI PO YING: Secretary, 4,000,000 sharesFU LIANG: 3,500,000 sharesLAM YUEN HING: Director, 2,000,000 sharesWONG CHUN KAI: 1,000,000 Shares

Be aware that this company uses many deceptive business practices and lies to their customers. I do not recommend using them. If I referred you in the past, I am sorry. I have informed the Hong Kong police of the deceptive practices used by LAM YUEN HING et al. and I have requested the open a fraud investigation. If you are also a victim of LAM YUEN HING's deception, I urge you to file a report as well:1) Fax: 2200 43052) Email: pprb@police.gov.hk3) Web Site: http://www.info.gov.hk/police

Additionally, you can file a report with the consumer council:http://www.consumer.org.hk/website/ws_en/complaints_and_advices/how_to_complain/howtocomplain.html

Finally, you can report the deceptive activity to Hong Kong Ethics Development Centre in the following ways.

call them at 25 266 366 (24-hour)

write to them:Hong Kong Ethics Development CentreHong Kong GPOBox No.: 1000Hong Kong

Reports should be called in or sent by mail, but email for more information: hkedc@crd.icac.org.hk

Horrible company

Comments about Artscow:

They will not stand by their products. I have had multiple problems with orders and they have not made good on any of them. Their customer service is full of excuses. This company has really deteriorated in the past year. Shipping also takes over a month most times.

Poor customer service. poorly constructed website.

Comments about Artscow:

This is a shady company with terrible customer service and poor product quality.

Don't buy a product from Artscow - you will regret it.

Comments about Artscow:

Artscow has low quality products for low prices. If you have a problem with service or the produce ... good luck. The representatives speak broken-English and are not able to communicate solutions. I wouldn't use this company ever. Stay away!

AMAZING deluxe photo books!

Comments about Artscow:

After reading the reviews I was initially concerned about ordering from Artscow but since they offer a very unique product (their new deluxe book line) I submitted my order. And I am SO glad I did! My jaw literally dropped when I saw the quality of the photo book compared to the other photo books I have printed in the past. REAL photo paper, super thick pages, and something akin to a layflat binding (no gutter though). The only negatives are that you are limited to 32 pages with the deluxe books and the shipping takes awhile since they are in Hong Kong. But as long as you are not in a rush it is worth the wait! I cannot wait for my next book that is arriving any day now... Oh and I should add even in humidity the book has proven more resilient than a competitor's real photo paper book I printed last year.

good products

from Westminster, CO

Comments about Artscow:

I have received 3 products from artscow.

1. coasters

2. mousepad

3. memo pad

I have gotten all these for FREE. Artscow has a facebook page and whenever they have a free thing going on i take advantage of it. I wouldn't pay for anything artscow has because the things they have look cheap and the products i've gotten are cheap looking. Maybe you guys should create a fb page and join artscow to get free products from them or if you are already on facebook LIKE artscow and get the free things they offer. The coasters took a month to get which im not going to complain cause free is always good. the other two products have come in about 2 weeks. I wouldn't pay for any of their products now since i've read the reviews on here. I was actually going to buy something from artscow but after reading the reviews never mind.

Last time user of this website!

from Manhattan, KS

Comments about Artscow:

Very unfriendly customer service(your loss attitude about not getting it by the holidays), website advised shipping would happen in 2-3 weeks, didn't even ship until 1 day before Christmas when the order was played in the middle of November. I would not recommend to family or friends. Disloyal customer!

Canvas prints, blind chimp could do better.

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Artscow:

Amateurish and unprofessional -- beware the stretched canvas prints especially. Prints will arrive crooked and off-center, no matter what they look like in the image preview -- customer service will tell you that no matter what, all of these prints will be off-center. Is this a joke? Garbage, you're better off just using your own printer at home rather than sending your money off to these Hong Kong crooks. Want a refund? You'll have to pay the return shipping, which is the cost of the sub-par item you want to return. What a scam.

Extremely dissapointed!!!! Cheap, rude and no help

from Carpentersville, IL

Comments about Artscow:

I bought two gifts for Christmas and ordered prior to the date on the site that it reccommended so that the items arrive by Christmas. It has been two weeks and the pillow cases have not even been processed yet. The purse that I bought for my soon to be mother in-law has terrible stiching. The stiches are white and it is a black purse. The stitches are all pulled and it is pulling at the material. I now have three days to figure out a new gift and artscow will not refund money they will only provide a new purse if they AGREE with the damages that you say are present. If they do not agree which is completely biased on their part you will have to pay a restocking fee. Also everytime I have placed an order they always say it does not go through and I find this out four hours after I think it already went through and i have to resend my payment. Overall this site is terrible and I reccommend anything but this site.

Buyer Beware

from Poynette, WI

Comments about Artscow:

I have been ordering from artscow for about a year now. The first few orders I placed I was satisfied with. Nothing great, but I was new to online ordering and a friend had suggested artscow so I gave it a shot. I placed an order this past April, 2011 and have no idea what happened. I receieved about half of the 800 photo's I had ordered, TWICE. If I ordered 3 photo's of the same print, I received six, etc. That would have been fine.....plenty to share with relatives but I was missing about half of my order. I emailed artscow but received a response that said I hadn't ordered correctly, etc. I needed to double check my order before contacting them again. I did double check and then triple check my order, even going so far as to lay EVERY photo out so I could make them into piles, covering my table, counters and floor. At that point, I emailed again and was told I could reorder and received a credit for some prints. No apology, nothing thrown in extra for my time like free shipping. I then had to figure out what I was missing and place an order. Stupid me, I placed another small order a short time later for about 150 prints. They were supposedly shipped on April 12. After not receiving the order, I emailed and was told that an average delivery is 10-14 business days. I emailed on the 15th business day and was told that I needed to wait a month. I emailed after a month and was told to wait another week. STILL NO PICTURES! Horrible customer service. Would love to talk to a live rep but have no idea when they are working in Hong Kong. BEWARE!!!!!

low quality product..horrible customer service

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Artscow:

Stay away from this Hong Kong-base company..you are warned! I do a lot of shopping online and I have to say that artcow.com is the worst place. There is no quality control or quality check on the product prior to shipping it out and if you don't like what you get, be ready to pay out of your pocket for shipping it back to Hong Kong! Customer service is not willing to help you solve the issue fairly, instead, they will ask for you to give them more money in order to fix the problem they created.