3.9
Shutterfly.com

Shutterfly.com

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Poor image quality (5)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual photographer (5), Photo enthusiast (3)
    • No (6)

Love shutterfly!

I have always had positive and pleasant experiences with Shutterfly. I recently ordered a photo book and absolutely loved the way it came out. Their website is very easy to use, I upload my pictures, select the pattern, size, lay out and other such details and add it to the book. There are a lot of options to add or edit your photo collages or books. You can place your photos in a number of fun ways to make them stand out. I have ordered from Shutterfly on many occasions in the past and have been satisfied with my orders every time. I received my prints and photo books in the mail without any issues and on time. I always get a discount on most of my purchases and sometimes I get free shipping! They keep on having such offers on their website all the time. On one occasion I've had the photo book mailed to the person for whom I made it, and they received it without any issues too. Great website!

Shutterfly.com Pushes My Patience to the Limit

In my household, picture taking is a regular part of our everyday life and most of the pictures we take are immediately sent directly to the pc for storage and/or immediate printing on our photo printer. We have also been known to download photos to web services that specialize in photo organization, sharing, and accessories. One such site we have used but haven't been very impressed with is **Shutterfly.com**, a photographic web site. ** ****Web Site Commentary:**Shutterfly.com is a very simple site to use and it steps you through the process of selecting exactly what you want. The site is intuitive and we have used it for creating calendars, building photo albums, and sending photo collections to grandparents and others. It is fairly easy to define what you want, but there are some problems with Shutterfly.com that make it more frustrating than it's worth. I don't have any issues with the quality of the pictures at Shutterfly.com, and that is good since photo quality is a must when using a web site such as this. But I do have some serious problems with the amount of time it takes to upload the pictures. It can take more than a minute per picture and this, alone, will cause many potential users/buyers to give up early in the process. Also, downloading is only the first step in this time- consuming process because once the pictures are downloaded, it can take equally long to transfer them to a specific project. For example, say you have a large set of photos downloaded to Shutterfly.com and now you want to create a calendar. The downloading to the calendar can easily take an hour or more, and this is why I often get frustrated and exit the site.  On the positive side, Shutterfly.com does have lots of different items of merchandise from which to select. Photo albums are only part of the fun. You can have your favorite photos added to a notebook, to a magnet, to address labels, to stickers, etc. Some of these make great, personal gifts for those who want to remember a specific person or event and a gift like this will often be cherished for years and years. Some can also be used for fun gag gifts by attaching a humorous or embarrassing photo to a coffee mug, puzzle, or something else. Provided your recipient is a good sport, these gift items can be lots of fun.

Prices at Shutterfly.com are not too bad, even though they are slightly higher than other photo web sites. Setting up an account and sharing photos costs nothing. The only time cost comes into play is if you decide to make a purchase of a photo album or some other item of merchandise. It is nice that Shutterfly.com offers so many different payment and shipping options, but that doesn't mean you can expect your shipment in a short period of time. If you select next day or second day shipping, the shipment carries a guarantee. If you select anything else, the shipment is not guaranteed and it can take more than two weeks to receive your product in the mail.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Shutterfly.com is a useful site for downloading and sharing photos and a decent site for buying items of merchandise provided they require only one or two photos. But if you're like me and you want to create items of merchandise with dozens of photos, be prepared to walk away from your pc for possibly an hour or more while the downloading takes place. I often lose patience, stop the process, and shop someplace else. This is exactly what has happened to us several times when we have used Shutterfly.com. This slowness factor makes Shutterfly.com a slightly below average site overall and other than its use as a place to organize and share photos, Shutterfly.com is a web service to avoid.

Creating a Photo Album in Shutterfly is SO FRUSTRATING!

from New York

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

The software freezes constantly, takes forever to make a change that you don't know whether it's freeze, won't let you edit the book after allowing it for a while. It is so frustrating!!

Shutterfly is not for Professional Photographers or Designer

from North Dakota

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

Shutterfly edits your photos without informing you and makes it difficult to remove edits. Each photo must have the edit removed individually and it's difficult to find the place to remove the "fixes"(they changed everything with there new format). Most people don't even know they are adjusting their images. Many of the products are poor: placemats, grocery bags, etc. I haven't tried many but the only product that has been satisfactory is the playing cards. Books have issues and you many times have to ask them to reprint. They are just too expensive for all the hassle.

I have been a faithful customer for years but I am moving to another book printing company like Blurb.

Google promo codes!

Profile Image

from New York, NY

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Great Picture Quality

• Family Photos

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

I love shutterfly. I created an account and I "liked" them on facebook. I get emails for promo codes or see promo codes on facebook all the time. If you do not want to do that, you can find them just by googling promo codes. Shipping can be high; however, I have already gotten two free hard cover photo albums (one was with wedding photos for my mother in law and one was with photos of us leading up to the wedding day with blank spaces and cute quotes which we used as a sign in book). I have also received promo codes for free return address labels with our photos (shipping was $2 for this) which we used on our thank you cards and for a free mug. In addition, if you get the app, they often have different promos and almost always have free 4x6 photos. I would consider removing a star because of the cost of shipping but the truth is if you get a professional photo album for free and only pay $8 for shipping that isn't so bad.

• Was this a gift?:

I will never use this company again.

from boston

Pros

Cons

• Flimsy Construction
      • Poor Image Quality

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

I will never use this company again.

• Was this a gift?:

BUYER BEWARE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

from PA

Pros

Cons

• Finish your project how they want
          • Poor Image Quality

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

I ordered the table runner. Spent half the day working on the project when I received it the lettering was not the way I saved and ordered it. They would do nothing for me except have me pay half the price to fix it...REALLY? They mess up my order and I have to give them more money? Do yourself a favor when you see good ideas on shutterfly stay local find out their policies and whatever you do DO NOT order from shutterfly!!! They will rip you off and tell you that it's your fault! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Anything but Shutterfly

from Eaton, NH

Pros

Cons

• Poor Image Quality

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

Once upon a time back in the days of digital cameras a naive young man documented memories with a digital camera. What a safe way to save and store these photos he thought. One day reality came knocking when his Kodak easyshare became Shutterfly. What once he thought of as his precious memories became the property of a lousy company with worse software and a thieving way of conducting business. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this sham!

Shutterfly Delivery and Customer Service are the Worst

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

Shutterfly should be a great service. Fantastic choice of products. But actual execution, delivery and customer service are the worst. I spent weeks uploading photos and formatting a photo book for a graduation gift. I paid extra for rush delivery. On day of supposed delivery, turns out it never even shipped. Tried calling and wait time was 20 minutes. Live chat was even worse. Then when I got a supervisor finally on the phone, she hung up on me after putting me on hold.

• Was this a gift?:

Be careful when ordering from Shutterfly

from marion, ar

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy to Use

Cons

• Poor Image Quality

• Weddings/Events

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

Please read reviews before using Shutterfly. The photos are not reviewed prior to mailing. I received my photos with the head cut off. I contacted customer service and they blamed me for the head being cut off. I did not crop the photos. Customer service was horrible. I was told I would have to pay for shipping of my new photo. I will never used Shutterfly again. I would definitely not recommend them to be used by a friend of mine.

This Life Shutterfly is Terrible

from Rocklin, CA

About Me Photo Enthusiast

Pros

• Great Picture Quality

Cons

• Horrible Photo Uploading

• None

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

I love Shutterfly prints and gifts which led me to sign up for the This Life subscription for photo storage. Photos rarely upoad and videos are near impossible. I didn't realize how slow or terrible the website is until I started uploading to a different storage site. Wow, what a difference and of course there is no refund after 30 days. I'm frustrated that I had to play for such an inferior service. Zero stars was not an option but what it deserves.

• Was this a gift?:

This company really stinks big time

Pros

Cons

• Cheap Feel And Look
                  • Flimsy Construction
                  • Poor Image Quality

• Tinder

Comments about Shutterfly.com:

I got a book from them years ago and thought it was really cheap quality, but I thought maybe it was the options I chose. So against my friends warnings, I tried again. What a mistake!!
                  I paid for express shipping because I planned EVERYTHING, a big celebration, family, etc. around having this book on time. Of course it didn't arrive on that day. So I called and they said it was in transit and it will arrive the next day. Nothing. I tracked it and FEDEX said they only issued a label, but never gave them a package. I called Shutterfly and they said the book was never printed.

So the person I spoke with the day before just lied to me. BTW, it took up to 30 minutes just to get a supervisor on the phone. The regular staff just loves to tell you NO, but the supervisor tells you NO more nicely. So now the book I needed for a proposal, supposedly is NOW being printed, 4 days after it was supposed to be here. Now they are saying delivery will be another 10 days. I am livid! I was told by many people that Shutterfly completely sucked, but I had already started working with it, so I figured I'd finish it off. I personally would like to see this company fold! I will stop payment on my charge card as well.

They completely suck! Try one of the other services, stay away from this completely shotty company that's run like garbage!