2.8
Smart Balance
Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E

Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E

2.8

Finally, a tasty fat free milk.

This new product manufactured by Smart Balance is currently only available in Florida and Georgia.  For your sake, I hope it is available everywhere soon.

I like to buy...Read complete review

I like to buy fat free milk, to avoid adding more fat to my diet.  However, when you buy fat free milk it normally tastes so watered down.  It is yucky.  This Smart Balance Fat Free Milk is really rich and creamy.  Tastes wonderful with cereal and is great for cooking sauces.

It contains more calcium and protein than standard skim milk as well as valuable Omega-3 oils and Vitamin E.  Only 100 calories per one cup.  Also listed in the nutritional information:  5 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 14 g total carbs, 10 g protein, 10% of the daily requirement for Vitamin A, 35% of the calcium, 25% of the Vitamin D and 170% of Vitamin E.  I love the taste.  The price is right and this product will replace other brands of milk in my household.  I would recommend this product to everyone.

Smart Balance Milk - Do not heat - tastes like fish milk!

Although the Smart Balance milk (1%) tastes creamy and delicious cold, do not try to heat it.  At night sometimes I enjoy some "healthy" cocoa in the winter.  I heat up milk in microwave, add cocoa powder and sweetener and enjoy.  Last night I tried this with the Smart Balance 1% milk as I had enjoyed it cold.  It tasted like hot salmon chocolate milk.   Nasty!  I threw it down the drain.  Still not derailed because I love fish and eat it 3 times a week and wanted this milk to work for me health wise, I put some in my hot coffee in the morning and again - YUCK! - hot salmon coffee!  Obviously the company has gotten the formula correct for drinking this milk cold (delicious) but still has a way to go when heating it up.  Would be delicious used to make a creamy sauce for fish perhaps?  LOL!!!!  Please do not heat this product.  I was disappointed!

This "Heart Healthy" milk tastes like fish when heated !

Comments about Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E:

Whose idea was it to add fish oil to fat free milk ? It tastes like fish when heated. Terrible ! I tried it in hot coffee and on hot oatmeal. It was absolutely vile, as if fish had been swimming in it. I will never buy Smart Balance Heart Healthy fat free milk again.

Milk at it's best!

from New Jersey

Comments about Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E:

when I first purchased this milk I wasn't sure if my kids especially my daughter would like it. I was first thinking about her remarks possibly being that it didn;t taste like milk but instead like a weird vitamin taste. Well, I was wrong as she tried it and really liked it. she kept saying that it had a fresh taste to it which was great! Now she like to use it on her cereal as well as just to drink a glass of it plain. For the rest of the family they use it in their coffee and on tyheir cereal as well. This is a great way to get those extra vitamins put into their daily diet without having to open bottles. I love to use it in baking when I have recipes that call for milk especially in puddings as it makes the taste so much more creamy and delicious! when making pancakes it does make your pancakes so much lighter and fluffy as well. I really have used this in so many ways as it's just great!

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E:

I thought it was just me, but this milk has a distinct fishy taste. I won't be buying it again. Wish I had seen the reviews before I bought this. It has a distinct fishy taste, not smell, but taste. I won't be buying it again. I won't be buying it again. I won't be buying it again. I won't be buying it again!

My new favorite milk

from Lucedale, MS

Comments about Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E:

I had gotten coupons for Smart Balance Milk a couple of months ago.  It went on sale and I bough several.  I took it home and tried it the next morning in my cereal.  It was wonderful.  I like to drink fat free milk, but it is always thin and watery.  Smart Balance has the consistency of regular milk.  I went back and used the rest of my coupons.  I bought 10 half gallons.  We absolutely love it, and it's full of good things for us.  It has a long shelf life which makes it even better.  I have shared it with everyone.  I have more coupons ready for when I run out again.

Never buying this again! Who puts fish in milk?

from Norwood, NY

Comments about Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E:

I have been blaming my dishwasher all week over the incidence of fish taste in my instant breakfast. It was the milk all along and I poured alot of that instant breakfast down the sink. It has a distinctive tuna flavor, like the tuna in my cats' food. Very strong. I thought my dishwasher had been leaving it on my glasses from the spoon I used to dish out the cat food. (The cats' tuna is very strong), and that for some reason it was being persistant even though I rinse before I use. Not wanting to waste my breakfasts I tried to get past the taste and drink it anyway, but it upset my stomach. I've had a rough week getting breakfast to say the least. I really hope they change the formula, but even if they do I'm not buying this brand again. They really should have tasted this themselves before putting it on the market. You really can't miss that fishy taste.

I won't buy it again

from Bartlett, IL

Comments about Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E:

I was very excited about this milk.  My sister has had a milk available to her on the east coast called Skim Plus and I was hoping this would be a similar product.  The taste is really funky, fishy and unpleasant.  I tasted it when cold and heated and in things like oatmeal and coffee.

Okay cold but warm? Whoa...!

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E:

Tried Smartbalance Fat Free with Omega 3. First sip was a little odd but after that, it was totally acceptable. However, when used on hot oatmeal the Omega fish oils really surfaced. Just imagine fishy oatmeal (shudder!). Consumers can get their Omegas 3s elsewhere. A good tasting fortified skim milk is what we ask for.

Finally, a tasty fat free milk.

from Boca Raton, FL

Smart Balance Milk is the best out there

from Washington, DC

Comments about Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E:

My husband usually insists on buying 2% in addition to my skim, but he is happy to share the Smart Balance skim products.  The Omega 3s are a nice add, even if I doubt that they'll have significant health impact at that volume.  I didn't try to cook with it, so I can't comment on the heating issues

Not Good

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Smart Balance Fat Free Milk with Omega 3's & Vitamin E:

I fell bad saying this, but I got 3 1/2 gallons for free when I bought the the Smart Balance spread.  I literally could not drink it.  It was not out of date, but you can literally taste the stuff that has been added to it and the milk flavor was bad too.  Again, so sorry for the negative review, but even for free, I would never get this milk again.  But I do LOVE the spread!!