Horizon Organic Whole Milk

Horizon Organic Whole Milk

Pros

Cons

Delicious Milk & Healthy Too!

Horizon Organic Milk is made without antibiotics, growth hormones and pesticides.  It comes in chocolate and whole regular milk with DHA Omega 3 fatty acid which supports heart, brain and eye health.  Also comes in lactose free choices.  Visit the website to learn more about this exciting new product which is tasteful and healthy for you.  Sign up to receive a free coupon and than spread the great news!  You will be glad that you did!

Good deal, too bad it's not really organic

I picked these up because they were on half off sale at a local grocery store which made them cheaper then even conventional milk so it seemed like a wonderful deal for organic milk. They taste fine, but from doing some research I was disappointed to find that Horizon has been caught time and again trying to pull the wool over our eyes about the fact that they are not really organic. that the feed to the cows is conventional (after the feed they used to initially get their organic stamp they switched back) that the cows that are labels 'organic' milk cows are processed in the same plants as their counterparts under the same conditions. this made me very sad to see a manufacturer obviously not care about being organic, just using it to make a buck. I believe something is currently underway that will either hopefully loose the organic stamp for horizon, or get them to truly be, and stay organic.

Delicious and healthy

from Phoenix Arizona

About Me Foodie, Health Conscious, Simple Tastes

Pros

• Easy To Prepare
  • Flavorful
  • Good Value
  • Non-Perishable
  • Well Packaged

Cons

• Snack

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

I love it , great snack on the go, very healthy delicious, I would keep buying.

spoiled before sell by date

from NJ

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

Do not know why milk become spoiled several days before sell by date

Would be a better product if it was a better price!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

I really like Horizon Organic Whole Milk. We went organic years ago and learned that whole milk is so much better for you than 2%, 1% or skim. It also has a much better taste. It is more creamy. This is a great milk. I would buy it again if it was on sale. I know that organic products cost more, but I can find other organic milks for a better deal than this one. I like that this milk is full of calcium and vitamins. This milk works well in recipes or just to drink by itself. My kids drink this up. We used to buy different kinds of milk and they would always ask for the creamy milk (which was the whole milk). I would definitely recommend trying this milk. It is rich, creamy and good for you. Can't beat that! I can't say that it is much different than other organic milk out there, but it is still really good. If I find this on sale I will buy it again. It's a brand that you can trust by a company that works hard to bring organic products to the stores out there.

great organic milk

from Reading Pa

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

I have started to watch what my family eats, as in eating healthy real foods. I never knew how much stuff went into milk, sonething that my kids drink a few times a day. After research I found that Horizon's milk was one of the better organic milks that is in the grocery store these days. This milk does last longer than your normal shelf life other milks. It comes out thick and has a different taste to it. This milk has great vitamins and minerals added and yet is organic. I believe this company really watches what their cows are fed and how the milk process works. The price points on this brand are high, you pay for half a gallon what you would usually spend on a full gallon. There is no cost on my familys health and this is a great tasting organic milk. My kids love it and can tell the difference. Not only does it taste great in your cereal the thickness of it is great for milkshakes as well to make them even more healthier.

So Good

from TN

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

I love Horizon organic whole milk, it tastes incredible and has so many vitamins and nutrients such as, D.H.A Omega-3, which has been known to help lower cholesterol and help keep your heart healthy. This milk has got a very creamy texture, without being too frothy which is why I love it so much.

I feel GOOD about giving this to my children

from Manhattan, IL

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

Tastes great and is organic. Lasts much longer than some other brands and keeps great taste. I feel great about giving it to my children considering how many hormones are in typical milk. I typically purchase whole but had to buy 2% once and it tasted just as great.

Perfect for low carb crustless quiche or with whey protein!

from Fairhope, AL

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

We drink whey protein shakes most mornings, and use Horizon 2% or whole milk to get the CLA and other nutrients without all the chemicals added on non organic farms. We call it Happy Cow Milk!It's great for making quiches and Toad's favorite for drinking with his oatmeal cookies!

Whole vs. 2 % - Who knows?

from Pembroke, GA

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

We have been consuming Horizon products since the first time we ever were introduced to the products.  I especially love the yoguart in the morning with fruit and nuts as my breakfast.

I was first introduced to the Horizon brand when I was dating my husband.  He lived in Seattle and I went to visit.  We had a dispute over whole versus 2 percent milk.  I knew 2 percent was better for you, but could not give up the taste of whole milk.  I had never tried organic milk at that time and it was the buzz in the Emerald City then.

We conducted our own little taste test.  We poured a non-organic whole milk in one glass and 2 percent organic milk in the other.  With eyes closed and unknowing what was contained in each glass the test began.  Sure enough, the 2 percent organic milk tasted better than the non-organic whole milk.  It's been organic milk since that time.

Not only is it better for us because of the lack of chemicals, it is also better because we can be calorie conscience also.

THE best milk around!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

My family used to drink the usual cheap milk, until it started making my mom sick every time she drank it.  Then we realized it was because she is allergic to pennicillin.  The antibiotics given to the cows were coming out in their milk!  So we switched to organic.  Specifically Horizon Organic Milk.  Not only did my mom's symptoms disappear, we found that the organic milk actually tastes a lot better.  It tastes rich, refreshing...REAL.  Two thumbs up!

Best milk I've ever tasted

from Bossier City, LA

Comments about Horizon Organic Whole Milk:

I'm not much of a milk drinker, as it usually upsets my stomach and I can't stand the plastic taste from the gallon jugs, but I love this milk. It's creamy, tastes great and doesn't upset my stomach at all. Maybe it's all the chemicals and processing in regular milk that doesn't agree with me, who knows, but this is the only milk I buy now. It is expensive, yes, but it has a long shelf life. Often times, it doesn't expire for weeks after I purchase it.