Other Dairies:

Silk Soy Milk

Pros

Cons

Silk Soy Milk Vanilla is Creamy and Delicious

Organic food products are becoming more commonplace and they are slowly expanding into more and more food types. One natural product that has been around for a while but is more popular now than ever before is soy milk and one of the best tasting soy milk products I have tried is **Vanilla Silk Soymilk**, a healthy, lactose- free product distributed by Whitewave Foods. **Soy Milk Commentary:** Vanilla Silk Soymilk is slightly thicker than regular milk, and slightly less white in color. This milk substitute has a fresh, sweet scent that is very appealing to the senses and seems very appetizing. Most important is the taste and Vanilla Silk Soymilk is a delicious product that is creamy, natural, and healthy. The product tastes like regular milk with a small amount of added grain and, of course, vanilla. The sweet flavor of Vanilla Silk Soymilk and the consistency make it taste like a vanilla milk shake. Silk is probably the best- known brand name in soy- enhanced milk substitutes and it offers several different flavors. I have sampled a few and this vanilla- flavored version ranks among my favorites. I love the natural taste, the creamy consistency, and the delicious, light taste of vanilla. When I first tried this product, I was worried that the vanilla would be overwhelming- like drinking melted vanilla ice cream. But the vanilla flavoring is actually subtle. The people at Silk got the balance just right when they formulated this product. Because Vanilla Silk Soymilk is flavored with vanilla and offers such a creamy, smooth body, it could prove to be addicting. This great taste is much better than I expected and it makes Vanilla Silk Soymilk difficult to stop drinking. I never thought I would actually *want* to drink a milk or milk substitute product (with the exception of chocolate milk), but this is exactly what has happened with Vanilla Silk Soymilk. I have a difficult time stopping after just a single glass and often will drink two or three glassfuls every time I unscrew the cap.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

USDA Certified Organic, Vanilla Silk Soymilk offers 6.25 grams of soy protein per serving, along with many important vitamins and minerals. It rates as one of the best organic products I have tried and if wasn't for the high price (about twice as much as regular milk), I would likely make Silk Soymilk a permanent part of my diet. But regardless of the price, I will still continue to purchase Vanilla Silk Soymilk and enjoy its great taste as a breakfast beverage or as an accompaniment to my morning cereal. It is a delicious beverage that is sweet, wholesome, and borderline addictive.

This is NOT milk

They have a lot of nerve calling this milk.  It is not.  Soy comes from beans and they do not give milk, they are supposed to give fiber.  So they make this stuff into a liquid and call it milk which is awful.  Sludge is left on the bottom of the carton which is supposed to be the calcium that you need.  Don't drink this in place of milk.  You need milk, not this soy stuff.  If you don't like milk, then take a tablet or eat cheese.  Soy milk is not milk!  In addition, they flavor it because without that, it would taste BAD.  Let beans be beans and milk be milk.  The next time I hear someone order a soy latte, I may have to say something.  I am sure they will have to immediately head to their car for a meditation session or a yoga pose - bunch of freaks.  If you are one of them, sorry if I offended you - to each his own.  This is indeed an opinion spot so it should not matter what anyone says.

Great tasting milk without lactose

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

My son has a milk allergy that caused him to wheeze. We switched him to Silk Vanilla Soy Milk and now our whole family drinks soy milk. Silk Vanilla Soy Milk does not have the strong soy taste like other soy milks. Actually, my whole family loves the taste. I also feel better knowing that my children are not being exposed to hormones that are in regular dairy milk. We use Silk Vanilla Soy milk in cereal, to cook with, and to drink plain. Sometimes I even use Silk Vanilla Soy milk as a coffee creamer. I have not found many recipes that do not turn out just right using Silk Soy Milk in place of cow's milk. It also can sweeten our coffee just right without adding a lot of extra sugar. I recommend any of the Silk Soy Milk products for anyone with or without a milk allergy. My children drink the Silk Vanilla Soy Milk better because it has a natural sweet taste without adding chocolate syrup.

Silk Soy Milk in Vanilla

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

My teenage daughter is lactose intolerant as well as a vegetarian. She missed being able to eat cereal or make certain items requiring milk as she loves to cook. Silk has enabled her to be able to do both once again and she loves the taste! She told us it was so much better tasting than regular milk, so my husband and I both tried it and we love Silk as well. We now consider Silk to be a staple in our diets as it is always on our grocery list. It is a great product and I highly recommend it to anyone who cannot drink regular milk or just does not like the taste of cow's milk. We have tried all of the varieties of Silk at this point and they are all good, but the soy milk in vanilla is our absolute favorite.

Tastes way better than milk and is vegetarian friendly

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

I have been a strict vegetarian (nearly vegan) for about a decade, so I love soy substitutes. However, I drank soy milk instead of regular milk even long before I was a vegetarian. I have always been repulsed by milk. I am not lactose intolerant but I refused to drink it even as a baby. I think it's creepy and it tastes and smells absolutely disgusting and the way they treat the dairy cows upsets me. However, Silk soy milk tastes much creamier and smoother and sweeter and just somehow tastes way better than milk, while still being milk-like. It probably sounds crazy but just trust me this stuff is good. I would recommend it for vegetarians and non vegetarians alike for drinking and using in recipes.

Great milk substitute

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

Silk vanilla flavored soy milk is a great alternative to traditional dairy. While the protein profile is not the same as traditional dairy, the amount of amino acids provided is great while avoiding the pesky lactose and some of the saturated fats found in milk. Great buy!

don't believe the hype

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

I have never been a milk drinker. I also haven't been one to indulge in non dairy products. However, when I came across silk vanilla, I am forever changed. The textures js extremely silky and smooth unlike thick dairy milk. The vanilla flavor.comes with a touch of sweetness that's.perfect for cereal or little ones reluctant to try new things.

Better than Regular milk

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

Healthier than regular milk, has just as much calcium with lower calories. Great taste in a variety of flavors. The Vanilla is the best by far. And kids love it. Great for the person who is trying to do little things to improve their diet without the high price.

Love it for coffee drinks

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

Generally, we keep standard cows milk at home because my daughter and my husband prefer it. However, when we do buy Soy, Silk is the best. I like heating it up and using it to make a cheap homemade version of a soy latte (heated Silk Soy Milk + 1/2 cup of strong Instant Coffee).

It tastes great, and the vanilla version isn't super sweet. Recommended for those with milk sensitivities and even those without.

A little on the sweet treat side of my fridge, but good.

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

Silk Vanilla Soy Milk is one of my family's favorite drinks. We purchase this occasionally as a tasty treat for our fridge. However, in my opinion (and my husband's) the vanilla is a bit too sweet to add to our fridge as a staple or on a regular basis. We prefer the plain almond or soy milks from Silk brand for purposes of actual milk. But our family used to be that way with milk when we bought it too. We wouldn't ever by chocolate or strawberry milk, just the plain milk. So if you like a good flavored milk, this or the chocolate soy milk would be a good pick for your refrigerator. Sometimes I also purchase this for a base in homemade non-dairy milk. However, if you prefer something that you can put on your cereal and not have competing flavors, go for a plain nut milk from Silk. This is a high-quality and healthy treat in our family, but the price point is, at times, above our desirable zone. We have always, since finding Silk, wished they would provide larger containers at a slightly lower price than what they do. Stores sell milk by the gallon all the time. Why not give non-dairy drinkers the same opportunity?

Very tasteful!

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

Silk is my favorite out of all brand named milk products. I zm especially fond of their soy milk vanilla flavored and iced lattes. They are rich in flavor and are a must have in my household. I enjoy having a glass every morning on my way to work. My husband also enjoys the beverage. The price is right, the calories are a bit high but if you can afford a high calorie beverage, this is definitely the one to buy.

Good Stuff

Comments about Silk Soy Milk:

I'm usually the first one to turn my nose up at anything that has the word Soy in it, but this Silk Vanilla is so good that I forget I'm drinking soymilk. I have it in cereal as well. It's creamy and tastes great by itself,or in cereal. I also drink a protein shake for lunch each day,and I make it with Vanilla Silk,Vanilla Protein Powder, and the fruit of my choice.Everything seems to compliment the flavor of the Silk. I have started using it in certain baked goods as well,and am finding that it is highly flexible.I don't think I would like it hot for hot chocolate,etc.I did try using it in my coffee once, but that was a bad idea as the Silk did not dissolve.I've even gotten my grandchildren to the point that they ask for Silk Vanilla now rather than the sugary drinks that they were having. But it's a great,healthy,better tasting alternative to the soys of the past, and it's certainly a step up from the dreaded Fat Free milk! And the difference in prices between Silk and Milk is negligible,and often,because Silk puts out 1.00 coupons, it's truly the very best buy.