2.9
Great Value
Great Value (Walmart) Milk

Great Value (Walmart) Milk

2.9

Pros

• Flavorful (3)
  • Good value (3)

• Anytime (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Simple tastes (3)

usually a good value

We don't buy anything but the great value milk so I don't know if there is a milk that tastes better.  I buy it becuase it is cheaper.  Occasionally another store will have their store brand onsale and I will buy it if I stop in that store.  I think it is a good deal, but milk costs too much everywhere.

Yuck, cheaper is NOT better!

In my quest to save money I recently bought Great Value Brand (Walmart) milk when I was shopping for household goods. I have bought several Great Value brand products before and had been satisfied with them, specifically the cereal. I figured the milk would be just as good as the Garelick farms or Hood that I usually buy. Was I ever wrong!

I made my daughter a sippy cup of this with her dinner and she did drink it, but she kept putting it down and trying it again. That night I had a bowl of cereal with it and nearly spit it out. I had to throw my cereal away, not cool! I smelled it and it smelled fine. I tasted it without the cereal and it was horrid. Great Value brand milk tastes tart and watery. I don't know what they are feeding their cows wherever they get this milk from but i feel badly for them. I had heard that dairies sell their milk to all different companies, so theoretically, the same cows could be supplying name brand comapanies. I don't know, but I have tasted many brands of milk over the years and never had such a reaction to the taste.

To make sure this wasn't a fluke or a case of almost sour milk, I bought the Great Value milk 2 more times and each time it was just as horrid as the last. I have wasted enough money now to know I just don't like this milk.  My husband didn't like it either, but his "palate" is not as delicate as mine and he found it tolerable with his cereal. Cheaper is not better in this case at all!

Best Milk Ever!

from Miami, FL

About Me Simple Tastes

Pros

• Good Value

Cons

• None

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

This is the best milk ever with my cereal.

Will not buy this product again

from Livingston, Texas 77351

About Me Country Boy that likes real milk, Simple Tastes

Pros

• Easy To Prepare

Cons

• Lacks Flavor
  • Poor Texture

• Cats will not even drink it

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

Bought the 0 fat half gallon to go with my cereal and it does not look like milk and is so watered down that it does not taste like milk.

Great Value 1% Milk

from Rosamond,CA

About Me Health Conscious, Simple Tastes

Pros

• Flavorful
  • Good Value
  • Well Packaged

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

Love this store brand milk it is creamy one percent low fat milk. I prefer this brand to other store brands milk, it is tasty, and keeps fresher longer than national brand milk, and is more affordable than the national brands.

Goes bad way before expiration date!

from Davenport, Florida

Pros

• Flavorful

Cons

• sour 10 days before exp.

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

For yrs i used this product to the point that i won't use any other brand because they taste funny to me. Plese go back to before whatever change you made.

Tastes just as good as the name brands!!!!

from Monroe NC

Pros

• Always The Best Flavor
    • Flavorful
    • Good Value

• Snack

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

Have been using this brand for years and never been disappointed. Its made by the name brand companies depending on the region of the country you live in, and packaged with GreatValue name. Its always priced lower than most labels and by far the best bang for the buck.

tastes AWFUL! has to be watered down

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

I won’t be buying it again and I will not be buying any other “Great Value” brand. Leave it to the thieving schemers to sell watered down milk. I suppose 5 billion a year is not enough? It must be nice to really believe, as one review suggested, that it could be "what they are feeding the cows.” Too bad water and gas won’t mix huh?

No thank you!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

I stopped buying Great Value/Walmart Milk awhile back. I was trying to save money, but this was not worth it. We also went organic after we realized what was happening to the milk and we were so glad that we did. Organic milk is so much better for you and not made in the same way. It takes a ton better also. Apart from that I still wouldn't buy this milk. It tasted cheap and watered down. I've used other store brands and their milks and they tasted better than Great Value's milk. It's not worth saving the little money that you do switching to this one. If you want cheaper milk try a different store. You will find that it tastes better and doesn't go sour as easily. For some reason this milk also seemed to expire before the expiration date. I don't find that cool when you think that you are getting a good deal, but it won't last as long. All in all I stopped buying a lot of walmart products a long time ago and this was just one of those items to add to my never buy again list. Don't waste your money!

This is not a good milk.

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

Milk is starting to get expensive so I thought I would pinch some pennies and go for the great value brand. I was disgusted by the taste of this milk. It tasted as if it was old milk. It was so nasty that I called walmart to inform them of the rancid milk they sell. They said they didn't think anything was wrong and that they would not reimburse me my money. The milk was so horrible that it tasted like it sat in a warm store room before they put it in the cooler. This is something i will never buy again and I will let my family know that it is not worth saving money because you waste money by throwing out the horrible milk.

A decent milk for an average price.

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

While this milk isn't my favorite, or certainly not the best tasting milk out of all the store brand milk's that I have tried, it is definitely a decent tasting milk for a good price. My family goes through three gallons of milk a week so it is essential that we have a milk that doesn't break the bank. The whole milk tastes very thick and fatty, which is great when we want a lighter option to cream. It lasts for a while and doesn't taste funny until a few days before it's expiration date. The milk doesn't taste very fresh though, so if I could change one thing about this milk, that would be it.

Good, but just milk...

Comments about Great Value (Walmart) Milk:

It is milk and tastes like milk. I have drank all sorts of different kinds of milk and this tastes like all of the rest. The only complaint I have about Great Value milk is that it is more expensive than most other generic brand milks. If I am shopping there, then I will pick up a gallon, but I wouldn't go out of my way to pick it up.