Other Shaving Creams:

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals

Pros

Cons

I really love this gentle, moisturizing shave cream

I love this new formula of Skintimate moisturizing cream shave! I like Skintimate shaving gels in general, but I was looking for something even better for my skin. I have dry sensitive skin. Sometimes it hurts to shave.  I have actually shaved with hair conditioner in an effort to keep my skin happy. It gets the job done, but it isn't great.

Let me tell you all the things I love about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream, soothing petals!  First the design of the bottle; it's fun. The lid is shaped like a flower and you pull it to open. Just squeeze out what you need and pop the flower down again. The bottle is the perfect size and is very easy to hold. Now on to the smell; I love this scent! It is soft, mild and feminine, almost a baby product smell. The cream itself goes on smooth and spreads nicely if your legs are not under the shower. Being a cream,it doesn't lather. It will slide off easily if you don't keep your legs out of the stream of water. Finally, the cream really works to get a smooth shave. No more stubble!

To me, the best thing about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream, is the gentleness. It didn't irritate my legs at all and didn't leave them feeling tight and dry. My legs feel soft and moisturized. This is the best shaving cream I have used and I can't imagine using anything else now!

take it or leave it

I bought this product after seeing all the commercials.  The commercials promised that the shaving cream was so moisturizing that you wouldn't need to apply lotion after the shower.  Completely not...Read complete review

I bought this product after seeing all the commercials.  The commercials promised that the shaving cream was so moisturizing that you wouldn't need to apply lotion after the shower.  Completely not true at all.

While Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals works perfectly fine as shaving cream, it's just that.  Plain ole shaving cream.  Nothing too special about it.  If you have the choice of a "no bells and whistles" shaving cream at a better price, by all means, go for it.  There's nothing extraordinarily great about this product.  It seems like all shaving creams are the same to me.  It will not moisturize your skin so much that you can forego lotion afterwards.  I actually didn't notice that it moisturizes any better than just using regular shaving cream.

The scent is pleasant.  The consistency of the product is different: it's more of a thin film than a thick lather.  All in all, the product is average.  Not worth the extra money or the hype.

Best I have ever used

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

I love this stuff, I have never used a shaving cream like it. I was amazed the first time I used it after I got out of the shower my legs were soooo smooth. Don't waste your money on other shave creams this is the way to go. Its smells great and moisturizes.

My legs feel silky smooth.

from Centreville, VA

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

I just love Skintimate moisturizing cream shave soothing petals, it makes my legs feel so silky smooth! I used to never use shave gel or cream, I always just shaved with water only because it was much quicker and I was always too cheap to buy shave cream. Because of my bad shaving methods I had been experiencing very dry itchy legs. No matter how much lotion I put on my legs they still were just so dry and itchy that I would scratch and scratch and scratch them until they bled! So obviously my legs were looking a hot mess. So one day I was at the drugstore and I found a really good deal on the Skintimate moisturizing shave cream one day so I though I would try it. I took it home and shaved my legs with it, and my legs felt so silky smooth I couldnt believe it! Now i use skintimate moisturizing cream shave every time I shave my legs and I do not have itch legs anymore! Also, the product smells great and lathers up very well. I also like the packaging it comes in, it looks very cute and it much better than the old aluminum cans it used to come in. I always hated those because after a while the aluminum would rust and leave a rind in my shower that was annoying to clean out.

I really love this gentle, moisturizing shave cream

from cape cod, MA

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

Skintimate is like my favorite!

from Manitowoc, WI

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

I have tried all the different kinds of this product. All the different varieties. I like the... indigo colored bottle one the best. I can't remember what it's called! But it's the one with Shea Butter and Soy. I don't like soy- I try to avoid it because it's very bad for you. However, this has exfoliating beads in it too. I thought that was weird because it's a shaving cream- not a wash. I thought it might cause problems with the razor and it's glide- but it didn't at all. It actually does make your legs and underarms more smooth. This is very moisturizing too! And it smells fantastic. The smell is not even the best part about this product- and it's amazing!

I rarely ever have problems with razor burn- even when I use a dry shaving product. (Dry shaving product for those of you who don't know if when it doesn't require your legs to be wet!) And this definitely didn't give me razor burn or any little bumps of any kind. I loved this product, everything about it. I hate how expensive shaving cream or shaving anything... or just anything... is these days, but this isn't more expensive or less expensive than other shaving creams that are around this range of product. Good product, very pleased!

Not a fan of Skintimate Cream Shave

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

I love Skintimate shaving gel and have been using it for years. I find that it provides plenty of moisture and does a great job of preventing razor burn. It's great quality and I really don't use anything else. A few months ago I had a coupon for the new Skintimate Moisturizing Cream so I decided to give it a try. I have not been pleased with this product. First of all, the cream dispenses out of the bottom. You pull on the "lid" and it allows the cream to come out. To "close it" you push the lid back in. I find that it always leaks out onto whatever surface you have it standing on. It's also maybe overly moisturizing so it's hard to wash off. It's very slick and will make the razor slip out of my hand if any of it gets on my hands. I definitely recommend sticking with their regular shaving gel rather than this cream.

Excellent Product for sensitive and dry skin

from Sandy Ridge, NC

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

I recently purchased the Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave in Cashmere Rain. I have always suffered with sensitive skin, especially after shaving - nicks, bumps, redness, burning, irritation. **After using this product only ONE TIME I didn't have ANY NICKS, no burning, no irritation, no redness.** Not only were my legs not irritated, but they were **so smooth**. I immediately went back to the store and purchased two more bottles. If you have sensitive and dry skin after shaving like I do, this product is perfect for you. I just hope they don't quit making it!!! Nice packaging as well - you can leave this in the shower and not have stains left behind from a rusty bottle. Easy to use and distribute, no mess.

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Leaves My Legs Soft!!

from Eddyville, KY

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

Wow! I have always used just regular body wash to shave my legs. I didn't know what I have been missing until I found a sale on Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave and bought it! I am a sucker for sales when I have coupons to go with it. Give me a buck or reward too and I am there!(: Anyways, I tried this extra gentle cream, and I love it! My legs are left soft and smooth. No more itchy legs after I shave!!! It actually doesn't take much to do the job! I love the shape of the bottle. It stands well on the shelf, is mess free and non foaming, and snaps closed securely! I now longer get hicks or cuts and, as I stressed before, my legs feel softer and smoother after I shave now! I love this product and will continue to use this awesome shave cream!(: Forget about using your husbands shave cream! Now we've got our own...and it's better! I thought that shave cream was an unnecessary extra expense that I could do without, but I had to buy more when I ran out of the first tube...it is THAT GOOD!!!

LOVE IT!!!

from Jackson, TN

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

This is by far the best shaving cream I have ever used. I have very sensitive skin, and out of everything I've tried this stuff protects my skin the most while shaving. Plus, it smells really good and leavs your skin SUPER soft! I love it!

Moisturizing Cream is okay, but a bit of a hassle.

from Cleburne, TX

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

This stuff does exactly as it promises, it is very moisturizing.  I can almost skip the whole after shower lotioning of my legs, almost.  However, it is a bit of a pain to use.  You do kinda have to get use to it not lathering and being aware that it does not take as much of this as it would other products.  I found it actually to take me longer to to use this than the traditional shave gel types.  You have to remember to close this unlike shave gels.  I learned the hard way, wasn't a huge mess but when things spill I see money spilling out.  Also, it does not rinse very easily from the razor.  It takes a long time to get all the goop off so shaving time takes longer.  It really is very moisturizing so I'll keep using but I do keep a can of shave gel in the shower just in case I am in a rush and don't have time to use this stuff.  It also smells  really good without being too overpowering.

Not for everyone.. I found it to be yuck!

from Katy, TX

Comments about Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave Soothing Petals:

I bought it because the design looked cool, I liked the idea of being rust proof and of course it claimed to be great for dry skin.  I used it a couple of times and then threw it out.  First of all it stinks.  It smells like sour conditioner.  It feels like you are shaving with lotion and since it is so thick the razor gets clogged.  Not only that but you end up with bits of thick lotion like blobs filled with hair all in your tub.  I would not dare use this product in a shower for fear of slipping.  And as if somehow I could get past all that yuckiness, it does nothing for my dry skin!  As a matter of fact, it actually caused me razor burn!!  I guess the only good thing about this product it that being pastic it won't cause rust stains in your tub.  But it really isn't fun having to squeeze the bottle for the cream to come out.  Overall I really do not like this product.  I think Skintimate needs to take this product back to the drawing board.